Start by marking “Crisis Desserted” as Want to Read:
Crisis Desserted

Crisis Desserted

When Brandy Tanner fails a cooking show audition and her one chance to make it big as a TV chef...and breaks up with her boyfriend...and his apartment, she ends up on her sister's doorstep with little more than her mixer and dog in tow. But her sister's life takes an unexpected detour with a job half-way around the world, and Brandy is out of options--again. Forced to move ...more
Published January 1st 2019 by Literary Wanderlust

To ask other readers questions about Crisis Desserted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crisis Desserted

Megan Litvak
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dessert was always my favorite part of a meal

I am not usually a “chick-lit” reader... you’re more likely to find me 300+ pages into a thick historical fiction novel, but Crisis Desserted made me smile, laugh, and reach for my stand mixer.

Laurin’s style of quick wit combined with a slew of baking euphemisms is light and refreshing.

Her protagonist, Bran, is instantly relatable - someone I would definitely want to have on my friends list. Bran is spunky and determined. Despite some elated ups and
SOM
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it
I did not like the main character, Brandy from the first few pages. She goes to cooking show audition and is blind-sided by having to explain what she is doing. Really? She calls her sister as she has nowhere to go after her boyfriend kicks her out and the sister is upset because this happens a lot. Brandy says that even her own mother would not classify her as a nice girl. I would have stopped reading after the first chapter, but I needed to finish it as I promised an honest review. She then is ...more
Zona
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely adorable and so fun!

Bran is brash and self deprecating and her story is fun but also has a lot of heart. I laughed and enjoyed the levity but there was also a lot of poignancy to her journey of self realization and worth. Like most normal women she doesn’t see who she really is. She’s driven but has failures. She’s good but not away nice. I love that she’s really real. Self sabotage and sarcasm are real. She’s not a goody Mary-Jane. She can even be a smidge unlikeable. Poor Jer. But o
Debbie Orazi
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable story. The characters were well developed and relatable. Brandy is a hot mess at the beginning of the book, but grows up a bit and finally realizes being her is ok. Jeremy's story pulled at my heartstrings. He was a broken person who was able to heal and adjust. The secondary characters were my favorite - loved neurotic Barb and perfectionist Tasha. Look forward to more books by this new author.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a
Janet Graham
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious Chic-Lit On Changing Perspectives and Relationships
This is a witty novel that has a little bit of everything in it. There is no graphic sex, but there is some blue language. The story is generally about how our relationships and perspectives change with time. It is written like it is about people I know. There are many laugh-out-loud moments. I think that I smiled through the entire book. I am excited to read more from this author. I received this book for free and this is my honest op
Georgia
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first of Katherine Laurin's I've read it was delightful!! The characters are enjoyable and the storyline flowed well throughout the book. Brandy has been dreaming of having her own bakery since she was a little girl. She's down on her luck ends up at her sister's place again, Tasha accepts a job in London, now Brandy has to grow up and start being an adult. She will overcome her mistakes and summon her courage and successed. This was a great read!

I received a free copy of this book v
Pam Cunningham
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thought I was going to be reading another sappy romance but it wasn’t that at all. Don’t get me wrong I do enjoy a good sappy romance but this was so much more. I think the book speaks volumes about how we deal with the uncertainty we all have in life. I like Brandy because she was kick ass but still had the usual insecurities. It is a fast read and kept my interest always wanting more. I received this book for free to review it and this is my honest review. Thanks for the book.
Linda
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful novel, I can fill those dang calories added to my thighs! I fell in love with the ditsy Brandy Tanner as she sought a television spot on the baking show. Miss Martha Stewart wannabe just had a fight with her boyfriend and instead of encouraging her, he said she wouldn't make it. Brandy never wanted a regular job and was forced to move out of her home when she decided not to go to college. Now, she was homeless and out of a job, but she knew that all she needed was a break.
Barbara
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A new Author and I will be keeping a look out for more by her a well-written story that once I started I was not putting down. I found myself laughing at so many things in the book. I would recommend this book just because it gives off a good feeling reading it. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
T
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not a bad story though I could have done without the baking quips ie. hit me like a 50 lb bag of flour (or some such drivel). Those drove me nuts. Yes, it is about baking, but give me a break here! But otherwise a nice read.
Melissa
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Brandy was a tough cookie to like but if you give it a chance you might chance your mind.Can she overcome her flaws and summon the courage to face her mistakes ?

Geraldine Streit
Dec 31, 2018 rated it liked it
When a un confident brat realised her life is going nowhere we get this book. It’s like a trip to realise nothing come easily.

Nadea Croix
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so excited to read this book. It is a great story and quite entertaining and engaging there are totally unexpected scenes, twist and turns with realistic details.

Karen
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
A captivating storyline about relationships and life its self. Amazing characters. A well-written book, I liked reading. It was a pleasured to review.
Amanda
Nov 14, 2018
Heather Gauthier
Jan 20, 2019
Katherine
Nov 05, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Megan Cook