Start by marking “Die jungen Königinnen (Der schwarze Thron, #0.2)” as Want to Read:
Die jungen Königinnen (Der schwarze Thron, #0.2)

Die jungen Königinnen

(Three Dark Crowns 0.2)

Die Vorgeschichte zu "Der schwarze Thron" über die Kindheit der Königinnen von Fennbirn.

Es gab eine Zeit, in der Mirabella, Arsinoe und Katharine noch nicht alles dafür getan hätten, den Thron zu erringen. Eine Zeit, in der sie nicht von rivalisierenden Herrscherhäusern darauf trainiert wurden, ihre Schwestern zu töten. Eine Zeit, in der sie einfach Schwestern waren. Dies
Published February 8th 2019 (first published December 26th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Die jungen Königinnen, please sign up.
Cristene Alexandria it is supposedly a prequel novella but I urge you to read this after reading the first and second official book, this book contains spoilers for some…moreit is supposedly a prequel novella but I urge you to read this after reading the first and second official book, this book contains spoilers for some questions or hypothesis made by the official first two books so I think it is number three, which is according to publication order(less)
Cristene Alexandria after the second official book, that way you won't get spoiled by the prologue of the eBook

Lily ☁️
You can find my mini review for this novella here

2 1/2 stars—I spoke too soon. :) :) :)

I never thought I’d say this, but … this series is kind of growing on me?

👑 buddy read with Tiff
Faye*
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Generally speaking, I'm just not really a fan of this trend where seemingly every second series is complemented by one or more novellas. I'd much rather this information were integrated into the actual book(s) than published as a separate work.
While this is still my opinion, I do, however, see that it would probably not have been easy to integrate all of these stories into the trilogy series*. Through these additional stories, we learn things about the queens that the author could not have show
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk

Actual rating: 4,2⭐

„How relieved he would be to return to the world.
His world, where men ruled.”

Story ⭐⭐⭐⭐
In the prologue we get to meet Queen Camille 👑 and king-consort Philippe - Arsinoes, Mirabella and Katherine’s parents.
That was by far my favorite part of this short book.
👩🏻👩🏻👩🏻
Also we see how the triplets treated each other like real sisters before being separated and what their childhood was like in the different parts of the island with their new families.
The book had a lot of back
Fables&Wren
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WrensReads Review:

"Three black witches, the mainland would say. Born to a descending queen. One would rise to become queen in her place. Perhaps the strongest of the three. Perhaps the cleverest. Or perhaps it would be the girl born under the best shield of luck."

Okay... *deep breath*

Public Service Announcement: There were a lot of confirmations in this novella. This is something you need to read before you read book three and after you read book two. Novellas these days are actually starting to
Jaidee
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those wanting some good old fashioned feminist fairy tales
Recommended to Jaidee by: can't stop reading these :)
Shelves: four-stars-books
4 "oreos and milk" stars !!

Ms. Kendare Blake I am convinced. This is the third book of yours that I have read this year. These books are not meant for me. They are for YA readers prolly around 14 to 16 year old girls. But I enjoy these books a great deal and I will continue to read them and savor them and wear my metaphorical crown as I read them.

This is about the birth and young years of the three young queens. A prequel if you may for Three Dark Crowns. This excellent little novella gives ad
emma
yeah, ok. sure. whatever.

i read this book as kind of a test to see whether i want to read the second book in the series, and - astoundingly - i do!!! maybe i will even enjoy it!!!

but also the level of confusion i had while i was reading this made me realize i'm going to have to reread the first one before continuing. and that is just about the worst news in the entire goddamn world.

but yes, as i remembered, this world is kind of dry and interesting, katharine is cool, and everyone else sucks tim
Nadhira Satria
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This little story is essential for all three dark crowns readers. It tells us what really happened back in the black cottage, (view spoiler), and who Katharine really is.

I JUST CANT WAIT FOR THE THIRD BOOK IM SDKJNFDGJN
Sheila Goicea
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the Three Dark Crowns series
See my FULL review of this book on my blog along with others at: shesgoingbookcrazy.com

Out today!

This prequel to the Three Dark Crowns series serves mainly as a detail-gap filler. While there are some moments of enlightenment as we peek into the past, there isn't really any big reveal

Despite that fact, I simply enjoyed being back on the island of Fennbirn whilst waiting for The Oracle Queen and the third book in the series to come out in 2018.

I loved how the point-of-view followed the same rh
Alaina

I've said it before and I will continue to say it (unless it's the princess diaries series!): I FREAKING LOVE NOVELLAS!!<3<3<3

I just wish this novella came out BEFORE I read all of the previous books BECAUSE now I want to reread all of them AGAIN. Which I'm not complaining at all because I loved the books before so I wouldn't mind rereading them but I need to read new books, series, and authors! DAMN YOU KENDARE BLAKE!

Oh, uh.. spoilers below? beware? don't read? idk?

Okay, so The Young Q
Skyeler
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, 2017
This was so much fun, I'm so glad I decided to pick it up! I love this world SO much. This novella definitely added some more dimensions to it, and I'm so happy about that! This was great!

Do I think this is a necessary read for the series? At this point, no. I think it's a fun added bonus if you're someone who's really invested into this series and these characters, but there isn't any huge chunk of information or giant twist you HAVE to know to read these books. (As of now, it could change when
kazually
i enjoyed reading this short novella from Three Dark Crowns. the queens when they were little were really cute and this book explained some things that i was confused about with the worldbuilding and stuff. although it felt like everything was kinda rushed and nothing was really emphasized. something would happen in this book that is a thing in Three Dark Crowns (giving an example because my explanation of it is trash: Madrigal coming back from the mainland; Jules bonding with Cam; etc) and Blak ...more
Rissa
Rating: 3.5/5

Review to come!
Lena ❃
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this prequel! I might've enjoyed it even more than the books themselves.

The mood really contrasts with that of Three Dark Crowns and One Dark Throne. It is almost sweet and adoring and you really feel for the sisters. The scene where the 3 queens were split up honestly broke my heart :'( I love how protective they were of one another and I'm glad they all had a heart at one point.

I'm not sure if this is possible but I grew to love Caragh and Jules even more. I feel so bad for
Barbara Senteney
I really enjoyed and needed to read this prequel novella, it explained a lot about the young queens upbringing, and issues with separation.It also gives you insight on why 2 of the young queens are showing no signs of their gifts.
It gives you a closeup look at the building of friendships, and coping with the loss of their sisters.
Also introducing the characters that are in the background , so to speak. You meet the families that raise the queens, and a priestess. It also reveals harsh punishme
Jenny
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Das ist wirklich so gemein, dass man wieder in diese Welt entführt wird und es nach knappen 120 vorbei ist! Es war total interessant zuzusehen, was vor der Haupthandlung geschehen ist und wie die drei Mädchen als Kinder waren und wie es auch für sie gemeinsam & getrennt war.

Mein Herz hat mir an manchen Stellen wirklich weh getan, besonders als die drei auseinander gerissen wurden und sich dagegen gewehrt hatten. Wie die Natur der süßen Kat so ein stark
Emily
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, ya
SO. This book is set before the start of Three Dark Crowns, my favorite YA book that I read in 2017, and I demolished it in like an hour. I would recommend reading it if you, like me, CANNOT WAIT to get back to Fennbirn, but otherwise nothing really *happens* and we don't learn anything that isn't at least alluded to in the first two books, so you can skip it.

I thought it was really crazy that Mirabella (view spoiler)
Ana Dumitrache
The young queens este practic o completare a primului volum al seriei, de numai 100 de pagini. Este o întoarcere destul de mare în timp, care însă nu are la fel de mult farmec după ce ai citit deja primul volum al seriei, știi deja povestea și intriga, ți-ai ales tabăra preferată și aștepți bătălia finală.
Cele o sută de pagini puteau fi (și ar fi trebuit) încadrate în primul volum, nu avea niciun rost această separare, pentru că nu a adus foarte multe informații noi. Nu poate fi considerat un ro
Heather
Amazing! THIS is what a novella should be. This book answered EVERY SINGLE question I had!

My highlights: (view spoiler)

There is so much more packed in
Mariam
Nov 28, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I love how people rated this book one star before it's actually released....
Rachel
I actually really enjoyed this! I feel like I would've enjoyed the whole series more if I had read this first. We get some great background of our 3 queens and get to see how they were before they were separated and how difficult the separation was for them. Definitely not required reading for the series but I would recommend it, especially if you haven't started the series yet.
Il confine dei libri
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: letti
Salve lettori!
Subito dopo aver finito "One Dark Throne" di Kendare Blake, mi sono fiondata a leggere una delle novelle della serie: "The Young Queens".
Questa novella ci permette di fare un salto indietro nel passato, a quando le nostre regine erano ancora solo delle bambine e la morte non era ancora nelle loro menti.
Il libro è diviso in parti, ognuna contraddistinta da un preciso momento nella vita delle bambine.
La novella inizia con il parto della Regina Camilla. Una regina sa all'istante qu
Lacey D-Bell
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I truly enjoyed what I read, but I wanted more! This was just a tad choppy — bouncing around locations/characters/years a little haphazardly. I honestly feel like this could be a complete novel rather than just 115 pages. And I would also really love to see a complete Queen Camille story as well!
Nicole Hewitt
This review and many more can be found on my blog: Feed Your Fiction Addiction

The minute this novella came out, I had to read it immediately, and it did not disappoint. This little gem lets us experience some of those past events that the main books refer to—the birth of the queens, the switch of Katharine and Arsinoe, the separation of the girls when they were six, bits and pieces of their experiences growing up, Jules’s mother returning home, and Jules meeting Camden for the first time. We als
Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐
Alright, this is another case of me being pissed off that I've waited so long to read this series because of reading multiple reviews that talked about the books being just...meh....

UGH WHY. That's honestly the only reason why I dislike GR at times. I have been EATING these up. I was halfway through the first book and decided that I needed to read the novellas first. Honestly that might have been a mistake because I learned something about sisters that I'm sure will come to have a big impact on
Ashley Gallegos
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Being able to go back and read about when the queens were young answered so many questions. It was like I was peeking in on the private moments of my favorite characters that I had always wondered about! Part of me wished I had read this earlier, before the other books, and the rest of me loved revisiting it now before everything changed!
Kayla
Jul 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not even reading these novellas in order but am I caring? Nope.
Annabelle ✨
„No fighting.” Mirabella reaches for a length of black ribbon. “This is our last day together.”
“But we will see each other sometimes. At festivals,” says Arsinoe.
„We will see one another when we are all grown up,” Mirabella corrects her. “That is what Willa said. When we are tall.”
“Then we will never see Kat again. She will never be tall.”

I DIDN'T KNOW SUCH A SHORT NOVELLA WOULD BE ABLE TO RIP MY HEART OUT BUT THE YOUNG QUEENS DID IT! While there is not that much new information, we get to read
The Dyselxic Bookworm
Review in overall review of Queens of Fennbir
Ashleigh
The Young Queens is a novella set in the Three Darks Crowns series, and gives us a little insight into the Queen's birth and childhood. We meet their parents, witness them going to live with their foster families, and see how they all cope with being apart.

Okay, so not a lot happens in this novella. I don't normally like novellas unless they add something to the story, and I feel like this didn't add enough for me. It was interesting to meet Queen Camille, and find out how she felt about the gi
  • Mine to Spell (Mine, #2)
  • Beyond the Glass Slipper: Ten Neglected Fairy Tales To Fall In Love With
  • Sneaky Snow White (Dark Fairy Tale Queen, #2)
  • The Mind Virus (The Wired #3)
  • The Last Stormdancer (The Lotus Wars, #0.6)
  • The Story of the Great British Bake Off
  • Assassin Fantastic
  • Eden Conquered (Dividing Eden, #2)
  • The King of Rats (The Sin Eater's Daughter, #0.5)
  • Lost Angeles
  • The Clockwork Girl
  • The Threads We Weave (Starbound, #0.5)
  • The Glowing Knight (The Orphan Queen, #0.2)
  • Riden's Chapter (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1.1)
  • The Unofficial Harry Potter Insults Handbook: 101 Comebacks For The Slytherin In Your Life
  • The Flux ('Mancer, #2)
  • Annie and Fia (Mind Games, #0.5)
  • Game of Thrones: A Pop-Up Guide to Westeros
So, I write books. The Anna Dressed in Blood duo is horror, The Goddess War trilogy is mythology, and Sleepwalk Society is contemporary, because the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you, may not be right for some. Love to read, too. Fiction, philosophy, good books, bad books, because you take the good you take the bad you take them both and there you have a st ...more

Three Dark Crowns (4 books)
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
  • One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns, #2)
  • Two Dark Reigns (Three Dark Crowns, #3)
  • Five ​Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns, #4)