Start by marking “Lovely Little Liar (Blackwell-Lyon, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lovely Little Liar (Blackwell-Lyon, #1)

Lovely Little Liar

(Blackwell-Lyon #1)

She’s not the woman I thought … but dammit, she’s the woman I want.

Let’s get this out of the way, right off the bat: I love women.

I love the way they look. The way they smell. The way they feel. Especially the way they feel. And I’ve pretty much made it my mission to give each and every woman who shares my bed the ride of her life.

Then I met her. All business and completel
Kindle Edition
Published November 12th 2018 by Martini & Olive Books (first published June 1st 2017)

Alex ♈

When I saw this cover and title, I knew I need to read this book.
It was a promise of a strong b*tchy heroine, wasn't it?

Well, she was NOT that strong as I hoped, and she was definitely not a b*tch.

What is a b*tch? Very often the romance shows me strong-willed women who have self-esteem and don't throw themselves at men's feet and tells me they are b*tchy. Why? I find it better than a whiny horny female with thin to none backbone.

This one was neither weak, but unfortunately nor stro
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
description
description

I'm not really sure what to say. I loved it, but I didn't love-love many things about it too.
The story was cute, sexy, funny... but it was way too short. There was potential for soo much more. And there were so many people in there. There's room for 4 more love stories. I now know that Connor - the best friend and partner - will be the hero of the next book, but still, it would've been nice knowing that this was going to be series before going in. I'm weird with things like that.

I loved the loc
.Under the pages
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pierce likes women. It’s just something that he can’t deny. So on yet another date created by an app, he finds himself in front of the best pair of legs he has ever seen. Only to then find out that she was not the woman he was supposed to meet with, but someone looking to hire his security services. However, he can’t forget her or ignore the fact that she might actually be in danger. So he follows her, promising himself that he just wants her for a night and then it will be all about business. B ...more
Michelle
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: j-kenner, arc, 2017, june-2017
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 9e42b92a19708909ca1b3939a6a32a_zpsxgtbif5t.gif

Bitch Slap by J. Kenner is a fast paced lust at first sight kind of romance that soon transitions to the forever kind. Kenner treats readers to a story with likable sassy characters whose vibrant personalities were felt throughout the book. Low on angst and drama made this book a fun sweet read.

photo 7ee244b659e7e70af9189d62221810_zpsi3bxtqt3.gifThe way they feel. The way they smell. I get off on making a woman feel good. On making her shatter in my arms and then beg for more. Like them, y
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

I read this book back when it was called Bitch Slap - and now I've done a little re-read because I wanted to be ready for book #2 - which is coming soon!
BUT you can totally read these as standalones. Those 3 guys run a security company together - it's not always the same couple!

I liked it better this 2nd time. Maybe because of my mood or maybe because things were changed and edited and added. It was a cute, sexy, funny romance with a little bit of excitement and some great Austin touristy moment
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Main Character Description: Pierce Blackwell, relationship jaded, former military and security expert. Jezebel Stuart, relationship jaded, sister and manager to actress Delilah Stuart.

Pierce mistakenly takes Jez as his one night stand he arranged from the 2Nite App. Jez mistakenly takes Pierce as the new head security guy for her actress sister Delilah. Pierce pieces the puzzle together after Jez storms out of the restaurant, only to save the day when Delilah's hotel location gets compromised.

T
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

Pierce was very hot and very sexy, and oh so perfect for Jezebel. I loved how she would fire him every night, so that could have a lot of hot sex. Then she would hire him back in the morning. Her sister, Delilah, was no slouch even though she was just an new adult. Nice epilogue
Coco.V
Aug 20, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Free on Amazon today (8/20/2017)!
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: missy
Be prepared to fall quickly into the crazy life of Pierce and Jez! From their near disaster meet-cute to their business dealings through to their hot and sexy times, I couldn’t put it down because I had to see where things went with Pierce and Jez.

Pierce is a bit out of his league . . . he’s a player not a stay-er. And Jez is so busy putting everyone else ahead of her own needs, she has no idea who she is at this point or what she wants from life. I loved seeing Pierce and Jez get closer and all
Courtney
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Lovely Little Liar is a novella that was originally released as Bitch Slap. This novella just had some added tidbits and is definitely more fleshed out.

I had read Bitch Slap previously, but chose to read this due to the promise of more added in. I was pleasantly surprised with how well Kenner fleshed the details out and added the perfect amount of new information to this novella the more entertaining read.

This novella is told completely from Pierece's POV. As much as I enjoyed this book and felt
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"Don't Date. Just Fuck."

Of course I couldn't resist reading Lovely Little Liar, it's written by one of my favorite authors. J. Kenner is an auto-click for me, I don't even need to read a synopsis. She's proven her word wizardry again and again. She never fails to deliver. And, I love running into some of my favorite characters that I met in other series in her stories.

This little novella is a jewel. Sexy man meets a sexy woman in need of security and their lust gets in the way of their busin
Christine
This was mediocre. There was nothing that really stood out about the characters or the story.

This is my opinion. You may love this book. I never really took the heroine as a bitch. She was very protective of her sister. Her sister is the one that got on my nerves. I did not care for her or her choices. I felt no sympathy for her. I get that the heroine wanted to protect her sister, but I think that part of the story could have been written differently. The hero was the typical manwhore who claim
Kathleen R.
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: Bitch Slap
Author: J Kenner

4 unexpected stars

If there's one thing that i can count on from J Kenner, it's to be able to revisit the characters that i've fallen in love with in the previous series of hers. Just when you think that it's the last time that you'll hear from any of the Stark and Stark International characters, she brings them back in such as way that you can only sigh in contentment, knowing that you've gotten a little more information on what's happened to them since the
Joelle
Lets start off by saying that Ms. Kenner is one of my favorite Erotica authors as one of my favorite series is The Stark International Trilogy is one of my top favorite series and Bitch Slap was yet another winner in my book.

I loved the story from beginning to end as well as its characters. Omg from the very first pages this author had me already laughing.I love when that happens.

Pierce Blackwell is swoon worthy and an arrogant prick.Tall dark handsome with a sense of humor just adds to his sex
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy
Told completely in male POV by our main character, alpha, and security specialist Pierce Blackwell. What starts off as a case of mistaken identity in a bar becomes a job, which becomes something else entirely. Jezebel "Jez" Stuart rightfully holds everyone at arm's length. However, something that is unable to do with Pierce, especially since she needs his help to keep her sister safe.

I would consider this a bit of a forbidden romance of a snobbish client and a womanizer security specialist. Thi
Ilana
Jun 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So i'm a huge fan of all things tied to J Kenner since we have some of the best series by her so i was excited to get into this standalone.  It's an interesting story - honestly, i think that it felt VERY VERY different from all that we've read by J Kenner, and i wondered at times if it was actually written by her.  It was only the tie back to Jamie and her boyfriend Hunter to help out with some security things, along with teasing back to Stark through needing help getting into a hotel that made ...more
Sofia Lazaridou
Jun 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I am not into giving low ratings for a book written by J. Kenner, but I had my issues with this one. The opening line gave me some food for thought. Pierce is the stereotypical male you will read in a romance novel these days. He is as cliched as he can go. The lack of originality not only in this book, but also in most of the recent romance publications is tiring. The first thing I read in this book is this, "I don’t believe in relationships, but I do believe in fucking". Does that sound famili ...more
Melanie (mells_view)
DNF @ 60%! The writing is good. The story is ok. Sort of unique. I just got a bit bored at this point, and don't want to finish. Up until this point though it was a pretty good read. It grabbed me, it just didn't keep me!

This would be good for anyone who likes that instaATTRACTION/LUST that quickly moves into the "I can't live without you," when they really don't spend any time getting to know each other. Meh.

Also. I never saw where the heroine was a, "bitch." She said some quick things, but I m
Dawn
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always love a book that gets me hooked from the beginning and this one was a shocker. I was hooked!

Pierce is a commitment phobe and prefers one night stands to relationships. Once burned and all that.

Jez is her sister's keeper and wound tight

They meet because of a dating app, although not exactly the best one since PB (Pierce) is meeting J.

Pierce owns a security firm with some friends and prefers things kept light so when he meets his hookup and she acts completely different than how they'
Francoise
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads, arc, rom-com
4 Stars

Romance books written in the guy’s first person POV are few and far between, and Julie Kenner definitely nailed it! She has woven an entertaining story in a way that is light and fun. This fast-paced story starts with a bang and a misunderstanding.

Pierce Blackwell has recently launched a security business with a few friends. Jez Stuart manages her younger sister’s acting career and needs to hire a security detail. The context of their first encounter gives rise to a hilarious confusion.
Karen Mc
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I'm so used to opening up a Stark or Stark-related series book by J. Kenner and basking in the glow of characters so close to me that I was slightly nervous and EXTREMELY EXCITED to meet something new by this beloved author. Bitch Slap INTRIGUED ME with its smoldering cover but HAD ME at the synopsis.

The first time I met her I wanted to slap her. The second time, I knew I had to have her. As for the third time, a gentleman doesn't tell.

SOLD!!! Sign me up!!! I'm so IN!!! ALL IN!!! Hook. Line.
Sandy S
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date November 12, 2018

She’s not the woman I thought … but dammit, she’s the woman I want.

Let’s get this out of the way, right off the bat: I love women.

Then I met her. All business and completely uninterested in me. And damned if I didn’t want her. Crave her.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Lovely Little Liar by J. Kenner is the First book in the Blackwell-Lyon Series. This is the story of Pierce and Jez.
Pierce is a one night stand guy after his engagement fell apart and has been happy that way for a long time. Pierce even joked that he could write a book about why one night stands are better than dating and a relationship. Jez is all business and is trying to oversea her sister career and now the fall out of her sister choices in relationships.
Pierce is trying a new hookup App wh
Christina
Jez manages her teen sister’s (Delilah) career as an up and coming actress. So when Delilah finds herself embroiled in a major scandal involving her boyfriend and her infidelity, Jez needs to step in and stop the damage, both professionally and for Delilah’s safety. So when the two are in Austin shooting Delilah’s latest film, Jez needs to employ some private security, and fast. Enter Pierce, who happens to be in the right place at the right time; which, funny enough, comes on the heels of a cas ...more
Rebecca
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Years ago, Pierce Blackwell suffered the ultimate bitch slap at the hands of a woman he loved and from that day on, he vowed to never allow another woman that kind of power, trading relationships in for one-night stands, keeping the expectations confined to what happens in the bedroom and nothing else. Hook ups were all Pierce was interested in until he was bitch slapped again…this time in the best and worst way possible…by one alluring and definitely dangerous beauty. And, even though her name ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'Bitch Slap' by J. Kenner is the story of Pierce and Jez.
Pierce is trying a new hookup App when he enters a restaurant to meet a women who he only know
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***ARC Provided by the Author and InkSlinger PR***

This is a shorter book. Not quite a novella but definitely shorter than a full length novel. And, I enjoyed it a lot. The initial meeting of Jez and Pierce was wonderful, and it was hilarious. The mistaken identity, and the fact that it almost worked, that they were almost having the same conversation, was so well written and engaging that you are hooked from the very beginning.

For me, it stood out how well written this title is...a lot of the sh
Tanaka K
I love J. Kenner's books. They always draw me in all the time. Bitch Slap definitely got me hooked. It was short. It was sweet. It was sexy. It was funny. Bitch slap was dripping in so much sass. I loved it. J. Kenner is always about the intense books like the Stark series and the Wanted series but I was so awed to see her fun and humorous side. Bitch Slap was a quick and unforgettable book that is perfect for the summer. I enjoyed it a lot and it gave me gooey goosebumps all over my skin. I was ...more
Erin Lewis
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Star Review Lovely Little Liar by J Kenner
This book was originally published as Bitch Slap but not having read it then I jumped at the opportunity to read Lovely Little Liar. This was a fast quick novella that had me engaged from the start to the finish; in fact I would have loved the story to be longer.
A case of mistaken identity winds up as fate for Pierce Blackwell and Jezebel “Jez” Stuart. Pierce believe he is meeting”J” for a one night hook up and Jez believes she is meeting a security
BookSmacked
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bitch Slap is a fun quick and super cute romance. This book starts of with a huge misunderstanding and it's almost as if fate itself has stepped in. Talk about being at the right place at the right time.

Pierce's instant attraction and Jez's instant rejection instantly grabs you and you're immediately giggling almost wanting to face palm yourself at how a first impression can go so terribly wrong. Immediately I needed to see how this would play out.

The bedroom chemistry between these two is off t
J. Kenner (aka Julie Kenner) is the New York Times, USA Today, Publishers Weekly, Wall Street Journal and #1 International bestselling author of over one hundred novels, novellas and short stories in a variety of genres.

Though known primarily for her award-winning and international bestselling erotic romances (including the Stark and Most Wanted series) that have reached as high as #2 on the New Y

Blackwell-Lyon (3 books)
  • Pretty Little Player (Blackwell Lyon, #2)
  • Sexy Little Sinner (Blackwell-Lyon, #3)