Start by marking “The Misfit Tribe and the Secret of Mystery Island” as Want to Read:
The Misfit Tribe and the Secret of Mystery Island

The Misfit Tribe and the Secret of Mystery Island

Some secrets are best kept hidden... and some are just too magical not to share.
Teenagers, who unexpectedly acquire a vast collection of magical, mystical powers and abilities, find an ancient map. This map leads them on a quest for buried treasure to a mysterious island filled with hidden secrets, booby traps and a ruthless villain who will stop at nothing to get what he
Kindle Edition
Published October 25th 2018 by Olympia Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Misfit Tribe and the Secret of Mystery Island, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Misfit Tribe and the Secret of Mystery Island

Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
So, I have seen this book likened to The Famous Five and the Goonies and have to say I whole heartedly agree. Even though a YA novel, and yes, no way could I be classed in that category being of a more maturer age now, but in my head I still feel just as young. Of course what I’m trying to say, is that this book can easily be enjoyed by adults and young adults alike.

We meet a group of teens who are all friends and are about to go on a quest for a bit of family fun with their families, although t
LJ (On The Shelf Reviews)
JJ finds a map in an old family relic which claims to lead to treasure, just what his cash strapped family needs. But, as he find out, along with his friends that this no ordinary map. They must solve clues, avoid booby traps, all with a heartless villain on their tails.

The Misfit Tribe and The Secret of Mystery Island is a nod to classic children’s adventure fiction with a magical twist. In fact this really reminded me of Enid Blyton books I read as a kid.

Misfit certainly describes this group o
Samantha Elledge
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is incredible. It was definitely hard to put down. It is one of the first books at this level that my daughter who is 14 and has Down syndrome, has read and she loved it. There is something for every reader. A little love, definitely mystery, a bit of magic. This book is absolutely worth a read!
Allison Deur
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad that I purchased this book. I enjoyed it so much that I actually waited to read the last 3 chapters until I had quiet time alone. LOVE! Ms. Rowling has surpassed my expectations. Cannot wait for more in the series.
jen walker
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book for all ages! Read it to my third graders and they loved it! We are all anxiously awaiting the next adventure!
Emily Manaugh
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book more than I thought I could! It takes me back to my childhood when everything was fun and carefree. Think of it as Goonies meets National Treasure...I was transported back in time and remembered what it felt like to be a curious and adventurous teen. Absolute must read!
The Reads
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was provided a copy in exchange for an honest review.  All thoughts are my own.  Thank you to the Authors and Sarah @ Book on the BrightSide for my place on the blog tour.

Well this was a thrill and a half.  This really did take me back to my childhood enjoying stories such as the Famous Five, Goosebumps and even The Chronicles of Narnia. If this is what this author sandwich is capable of, I most certainly look forward to reading more in the future.  You’ll meet characters you can relate to, I
Book-Social
Aug 02, 2019 rated it liked it
With a title like ‘The Misfit Tribe and the Secret of Mystery Island’ I was expecting something akin to Famous Five when I started to read. With reference to boobs and drones on the first page however I pretty soon realised this was way too modern and way too Young Adult to be anything like the ginger beer quaffing summers of yesteryear. Intrigued I continued.

It took me a few Chapters but upon the tribe arriving at Mackinac Island I realised why the book felt familiar. I was reading the literary
Jessica Bronder
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
JJ has overheard his parents talking about not having enough money and losing the house. While he is exploring in the basement with his brother they find an old treasure map. Together the brother get a group of friends together to go find the treasure. But when they get to the island they discover that they are not the only ones looking for the treasure. Robert is going to get the treasure and not let the kids get in his way.

Twists and turns and challenges that keep the greedy from the treasure
Lel Budge
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: botbs
This is a YA fiction adventure story, which I found reminiscent of The Goonies. There’s JJ and his friends searching for treasure after finding an old map….

There’s lots of puzzles, clues, booby traps and even a dastardly villain after them.

The characters are all well rounded and all have their unique personalities, all are misfits, from JJ, Digger the military obsessed to Genius (says it all) and Karli, Aaron and Sandra. All on a fun, exciting adventure. Very entertaining.

Lindbergh E.
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful enjoyment for an adult who lived a fun life of exploring. Great summer reading for your kids as the team of Misfits undertake a dangerous hunt for lost treasure as they're chased by the bad guys!
David Ivey
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good book! Well paced, fun, engaging! Perfect book for summer readin!
Bryan Farley