Start by marking “Emergence (Shadowfire, #2)” as Want to Read:
Emergence (Shadowfire, #2)

Emergence

(Shadowfire #2)

A new breed of nightmare

Broken relationships. Broken heart. Broken world.

Ember has left illusions behind in Somraque, but reality is just as treacherous in a land where nothing is static. Not even the ground beneath her feet.

To find the missing fragment and fulfil the prophecy, she has to rebuild the trust left in ashes in the Whispers. While Mordecai might have placed his
Kindle Edition
Published October 29th 2019 by Boris Kos

Start your review of Emergence (Shadowfire, #2)
Christa
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh how I want this book already.....
Esmay
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an arc from Gaja J. Kos. This is my honest review.

"You don't surrender. Even when your nails chip and bleed from clawing at the dirt that wants to put you under, you don't give up."

4 stars.

What a gorgeous sequel! I had very high expectations when going into this book and let me tell you it definitely delivered. Firstly, I do want to mention that the beginning seems a little bit slow (no worries, no spoilers), but it is packed with information and you get to know the characters
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
I need Ember and Mordecai reunited ASAP!
Areli Amaya
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided to me by the authors in exchange for my honest review.
"Possibilities, even if they came hand in hand with uncertainty, were far more agreeable than an irrevocably shattered future."
Ember Norcross comes from earth shattering lies and blinding light; with the recent discovery that the world she has always known was fractured a long time ago, and having been given the unwanted title of Savior, Ember has found herself facing the most difficult decisions of her life.
Leaving her heart
Lalu☽
Jan 22, 2020 rated it liked it
I was thinking of 2 because the romance got unbearably cheesy at some points buuuut, Ivarr made this book way better for me so let’s give it 3 stars.
Victoria Booklover
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gaja was kind enough to gift me an arc of this early for review! Thank you.

When I finished this book, I had to let the emotions sit for second because I didn’t understand my own feelings. Lol. As per usual.

I now realize that I liked this second installment. I liked it a lot for reason I will explain below, but I definitely liked it. The world building, the romance, the reveals, all kept me going in this second installment.

So now onto the spoiler section of this review...

Firstly a small
Jackie
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing fantasy story as always by this fabulous writer. Loved the characters and the the plot Couldn’t stop reading until I finished it right away.
Emma
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This arc was sent to me for an honest review by Gaja and Boris.

Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow!

I am so incredibly lucky and thankful to have gotten an early copy of this because this blew me away. And it has definitely made my list of top 5 books of the year for sure.

Emergence picks up right where Evenfall left off—quite literally—and we are introduced to a new land . . . Svitanye, which is the land of dawn. The descriptions of this land and the sky were absolutely stunning, and it made me wish I was
Patti
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Overall rating: 4.8

Book two of this series truly does not disappoint. The wonderful characters become even more lifelike ( as far as fictional fantasy characters go that is) and I feel more satisfied with their growing development. The concept of this storyline is truly unique and refreshing for me. I love the genius and creativity of the “traveling” . This author showcases this talent. I enjoy when the storyline is the focal point without the need to overindulge on relationship woes. Over
Amber  Christiansen
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book picks up where the cliffhanger from book 1 left off. The second world was very interesting, the character development was satisfying, and the plot had a decent mix of revelations and action. Though I did have a few times where it felt like some of the detours from the main task were unnecessary. The end wasn't quite as traumatic as the last one, but it wasn't a comfortable place either. I'm eager to read the next book, which at the moment, I assume will be the last one. The bonus ...more
Leslie Baker
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tanya
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Everything around is now broken and even the ground under her feet is not stable. She needs to find the missing piece to fulfil the prophecy. To do so she needs to trust people again. Will she gain her trust again? Will she find the missing piece? See if she will

Amy
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ember is still struggling with everything that has happened inEvenfall, does everything in her power to live up to 'Savior' title to save lives and reunite the world being torn apart by magic.

You can read my full review on my blog!

I have enjoyed this series so far and I am looking forward to finding out what will happen next!
Scarolet Ellis
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emergence by Gaja J. Kos is an awesome story to read. This is book number two in this awesome series that I have loved reading very much and I can not wait to see what this author will write next. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about fantasy.

Carole
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
It has been a while since I read the first in the series, so my memory was a bit foggy. It does take a while to get into the story as the world is very different from what I am used to reading.
Once you do get into the story it is interesting and I still enjoy how the heroine is written, a strong independent female character.
Nuša
I received an advanced reader's copy from Gaja J. Kos & Boris Kos, which I'm eternally grateful for. I’m voluntarily leaving a review; all opinions are my own.

I read Evenfall, the first book in the Shadowfire trilogy, last year and enjoyed the hell out of it. I fell in love with the world and the characters so of course I had to send in a request for an ARC for the second book, Emergence. And it did not disappoint.

Here are some random thoughts and opinions on Emergence. This review is
Lucinda
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was another great book with great characters and a good plot. I loved the flow of the book and I would recommend it to others

Kimberly
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emergence is the second in the series and if you haven't heard of or even read Gaja Kos's work I highly recommend. This book was simply amazing.
Reva Dawn
Megan Pfannenstein
Jan 29, 2019
Katelyn Mills
Jan 29, 2019

• Sovereign Sacrifice (Air Awakens: Vortex Chronicles, #4)
  • The Best Friend's Billionaire Brother (A Caprock Canyon Romance, #1)
  • Capturing the Devil (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #4)
  • The Storm Crow (The Storm Crow, #1)
  • The Night Country (The Hazel Wood, #2)
  • Black Bird Complete Box Set: Volumes 1-18
  • Scavenge the Stars (Scavenge the Stars, #1)
  • Lie to Me
  • If You Don't Laugh You'll Cry: Life and love from either side of the TV screen
  • Dandelions Forever
  • Step Beast
  • The Wisdom of the Native Americans: Including The Soul of an Indian and Other Writings of Ohiyesa and the Great Speeches of Red Jacket, Chief Joseph, and Chief Seattle
  • Always Gray in Winter
  • Miss Match (No Match for Love #1)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • The Tiny Star
  • Not Your Match (No Match for Love #2)
  • Missing Her
Gaja J. Kos is a USA Today bestselling author with a mission to breathe fragments of Slavic lore onto many, many pages of fiction.

Gaja resides in Celje, Slovenia, with her husband (as well as co-author) and two Chinese Crested dogs.

Shadowfire (2 books)
  • Evenfall (Shadowfire, #1)
“We’re all monsters. The world won’t let us survive otherwise. But we’re not dispassionate. However damaged, we still have hearts.” 0 likes