Start by marking “Dead Feint (Elders Edge #2)” as Want to Read:
Dead Feint (Elders Edge #2)

Dead Feint

(Elders Edge #2)

It was meant to be a favour for a friend. Forensic Psychologist, Michael MacGregor, about to return to his old hometown of Elders Edge to reestablish his relationship with the local Police Chief, DCI Nathan Quarryman, agrees to help revitalise the investigation into an old murder case.

But when did anything ever go to plan?

On his return, not only is his relationship put
Published November 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Dead Feint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Feint

Bo
Aug 25, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was an unfortunate letdown for me. Mikey and Nathan talked about communicating, but NEVER did. They kept secrets and lied to each other often. I really didn't appreciate the villain. It was pretty obvious to me who it had to be. It made all the characters seem like idiots, especially Mikey. I also don't appreciate grown men who still go by kid names... Mikey!? Can we go to the adult version please!!? Here is this amazing behavioral analyst who missed the most obvious clues. It was seve ...more
Maya
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gaybook-reviews
I remembered liking the previous book despite not liking main character (I thought he was entitled and I dislike cheating in books.Just to be clear, it’s not between heroes, but Mikey is still married) It’s a shame I didn’t have time to do a reread of number one because the book started without warming up dropping the case right into Mikey’s lap practically without “hello and how do you do”.

Mikey’s life is undergoing changes on both personal and professional front. New old home, new
Becky
Jan 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Unfortunately this book was a let down for me. I found Nathan too cold and isolated and Mikey too arrogant and I didn’t get the feel of them as a couple at all. They kept things from each other, lied to each other and the only way you knew they were supposedly in love was that they said I love you - if you haven’t read the first book there is no basis at all to believe they are a couple and this isn’t helped by them having no real interaction for most of the story. For the crime element of the b ...more
Suze
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have been looking forward to this sequel.
Michael has moved to Elders Edge to be with Nathan - I liked that they don’t immediately move in together and be all cosy. Their relationship is less than rosy - Nathan possibly not being truthful about his visits to London, Mikey not believing his protestations.
Mikey is asked to look into a cold case by a London friend - this leads to more murders and more chances for both Mikey and Nathan to both mend and re-break those communication bridg
Haggitha
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Murder at Elders Edge

What a fantastic second book from Mr Atherton! It kept me turning page after page even though I knew I should actually get some sleep.
Mikey has returned to Elders Edge to try and rebuild his relationship with Nathan. When a friend who’s also a student of Mkeys asks for help investigating the now cold case of his sisters murder in the woods near Elders Edge Mikey finds himself working with Nathan and his men at the local police station. Much to Nathan’s ire the dea
Keith Helmicki
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Two great reads!

I really enjoyed these two books! I look forward to future books by this author. The two main characters have a tough time coming to terms with being a “couple “ and working together without getting in each other’s way. Both books had very exciting mysteries to solve along with very Real relationship issues along the way! Suspenseful yet fun reads!
Sharon Cox
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just finished book 2 in the Elders Edge series and I loved it. The murder mystery kept me reading and I did not work out who did it before the reveal. I loved the romance too. Mikey and Nathan have so much to go through before they get to be happy but when they get there...
I've signed up for Grant's mailing list as I do not want to miss the third book in the series when it is released.
Maryann Kafka
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a surprise and worth the wait. Another twisted mystery with suspense, danger and drama. A lot of emotional moments between Mikey and Nathan that keeps you on edge. I was worried this was going to be the last book but there's a third book in the works. Can't wait!
Andrea
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful - love everything about this book and I want more right now. After I read the first book in the series, I looked for a backlist and there isn't one. These books are amazing for a first-time author.
Pam Eller
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. Imperfect characters, believable dialogue, and a good mystery. I can’t wait for the next one.
Fran
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Caught up again in the mystery

Pre-ordered this right after finishing the first book. Kept me enthralled and now looking for the next book in the series.
Sebastian
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent story, many twists. Glad to see the two main characters getting closer. Looking forward to book three.
HUGH B JONES
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good story - great plot

I liked the characters, they were honest and flawed. The descriptions and locations are interesting and realistic. Looking forward to next book
Julian  Cheek
Loulou
Nov 30, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

Elders Edge (2 books)
  • The Slow Road to Hell (Elders Edge #1)