Start by marking “Lies Lies Lies” as Want to Read:
Lies Lies Lies

Lies Lies Lies

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  9,537 ratings  ·  1,070 reviews
Daisy and Simon's marriage is great, isn't it? After years together, the arrival of longed-for daughter Millie sealed everything in place. A happy little family of three. And so what if Simon drinks a bit too much sometimes - Daisy's used to it, she knows he's letting off steam. Until one night at a party things spiral horribly out of control. And that happy little family ...more
Published September 5th 2019 by HQ (first published January 1st 2019)

·  9,537 ratings  ·  1,070 reviews

Start your review of Lies Lies Lies
Maureen
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I went into this one blind - well, Adele Parks had written it and that was good enough for me. Happily I wasn’t disappointed.

With a title of Lies, Lies, Lies, it’s clear that there will be secrets galore, some of them close to the surface, just waiting to be discovered, whilst others are deeply buried and closely guarded.

Daisy, a primary school teacher, and interior designer husband Simon should have a great life since their marriage was completed 6 years ago with the birth of their daughter Mil
Kylie D
I'm going to say straight up that I did not like this book. Yes, as the title says it's about lies. The lies told by odious characters, none of which are likeable. It's about alcoholism, bullying and more. The worst part is a small child is involved. Other people have rated this book, so I'll leave it to you to make up your own mind, however I have nothing good to say about it. This book was really not a good fit for me.

I received an uncorrected proof from the publisher in exchange for a honest
Jayme
Apr 26, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The first half was BAD.
The second half was WORSE!

I had everything figured out at the 32% point, except for the "twist" in the epilogue which was so ridiculous that you could not figure it out, no matter how good of a sleuth you are.

One star for the author's accurate portrayal of the downward spiral of an alcoholic.

Triggers ; Alcoholism, Sexual Abuse, and the killing of an innocent kitten!

I cannot say that I enjoyed ANYTHING about this slow paced story, but there are plenty of 4 and 5 star rev
Kaceey
Apr 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Lies come in every shape and size. From a harmless, itty-bitty white lie, to show-stopping whoppers! And as the title would imply, this book has them all!

Daisy and Simon have been living a quiet, comfortable life with their daughter Millie and their close-knit group of friends. Having just learned that Daisy may have lied to him, Simon's drinking goes off the rails, leading to a devastating accident which leaves him incarcerated for years.

Now Simon is about to be released, it’s unknown if Daisy
Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews
These lies, lies, lies were not what I expected and this story was not either. Adele Parks lead me down one twisty road with turns that left me shockingly heartbroken. The story explores some dark realities like alcohol addiction, abuse, and infertility. This is not a light read or a dark twisted, thrilling and chilling thriller but more of domestic suspense.

The story explores the dark, messy married lives of our main characters Daisy and Simon. Simon has been drinking for a while, and
Lindsay - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews
2.5 stars. Twisty, twisty, twisty!

Daisy and Simon are the proud parents of six-year-old Millie. Millie is a bright and vivacious child who lights up the room. Daisy and Simon struggled for many years trying to have a baby before Millie came. Simon really wants to give Millie a sibling. Years of trying again have failed and Simon’s drinking has become a full fledged addiction.

This novel started off strong. I felt emotionally connected to Daisy and Simon with their deep hearted struggle to expand
Amanda
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow where do I start? .... Deep breath!!! This book is like a runaway train with its many twists and turns, ups and downs, not knowing where it’s final destination will be and as exhilarating as a runaway train!!

This book should come with a warning ‘ Totally Addictive - clear you’re diary before commencing” I read this in one day and absolutely LOVED it!!

Simon and Daisy seem like a happy couple with their daughter Millie. They had tried to conceive for several years and she is very special to th
Nenia ✨️ I yeet my books back and forth ✨️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

LIES, LIES, LIES is not a nice book about nice people. It's a surprisingly gritty, nasty little book that doesn't offer up any easy excuses or answers for the very flawed humans inside its pages. The blurb and cover for this book are a little deceptive because it makes it seem like this is going to be a mystery... and I suppose it is, but only in the sense that the dual POVs allow for some unreliable narrating as characters lie to others
Ken
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ever since Simon took he’s first sip of beer aged just six, an unhealthy obsession to alcohol was born.
He’s dad having been a heavy drink and for the impressionable young child leads to so many ill judged choices.

Now 36 and married to Daisy with daughter Millie, life couldn’t be more perfect for him.
But that nagging addiction of spending time in a bar than seeing his child in the school concert just highlights how damaged he is.

Whilst I don’t agree with all of Simons actions it was at a friends
Jessica | JustReadingJess
Lies, Lies, Lies by Adele Parks is a great domestic thriller! The story is based on family drama that causes unexpected consequences. Thank you NetGalley and MIRA/Harlequin for this ARC.

Full review: https://justreadingjess.wordpress.com...
Kristy
Happy to be a part of the book tour for this thriller!

Dark and twisty thriller with a surprising plot

On the surface, Simon and Daisy's marriage looks perfect. He's an architect, she's a teacher, and they are parents to their beloved daughter, Millie, brought into the world after many years of trying to have a child. But looking beyond the perfection, you see the strain. Simon drinks too much, embarrassing Daisy and even Millie, though she may be too young to truly realize it. Their friends typi
Dash fan
5☆ An Endearing and Very Thrilling Read!

Lies Lies Lies is a dark domestic thriller/noir which kept me hooked till the very end!

Simon was introduced to alcohol from an early age and it becomes very clear to see he has a problem!

Daisy and Simon appear to be happily married but there are hidden cracks. Despite trying to hide them, everyone on the outside can see Simon's drinking is spiralling out of control.

Daisy and Simon have spent years trying to have a baby, after so much heartache and failed a
Mandy White (mandylovestoread)
Lies Lies Lies - oh my goodness there are soooo many lies! Adele Parks has written an absolute page turner in this book - a book that is hard to put down because you just never know what is going to happen next. You might think that you have this one all figured out - but I guarantee you have not. If you love a story that continues to surprise you right until the very end then this book is definitely one that you need to grab.

I was lucky enough to receive an advanced copy of this book from the
Ceecee
Apr 26, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

… she’s had bouts of terrible hallucinations and intense paranoia. She threw things at me when I went into her room, she thought I was an undertaker and had come to measure her up.

Born in a different era, Connie would most likely have been one of the women knitting by the guillotines during the French revolution, she had the stomach for it. She always put curiosity before sentimentality. She collected experiences.

The cell smelt stale. Simon had always had a keen sense of smell. I
Louise Wilson
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Daisy and Simon are desperate to have children. The turmoil and stress they have to go through as they undergo tests and fertility treatment is horrendous. Finally they have a daughter, Millie. But the stress of having her has taken its toll on them and their relationship. Simon has started drinking. They are starting to drift apart. Then a starting revelation at the fertility clinic changes their lives forever.

This is a story with characters who give out mixed emotions. At times I felt sorry fo
Mark
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intense!
Adele Parks tells stories with gusto and with a very clever way of almost ‘chatting’ the story to you, in confidence!, the characters talk as if telling you and just you the story,when I went back to the book throughout the few days I was reading it it felt like it had waited for me and then, off it started again
I LOVE this authors writing style and the abundance of words in each chapter, I also love the way although the book was dark there were many rye observations and humour
The story
Sally Hepworth
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I devoured Lies, Lies, Lies. I was drawn in from the first line. It was so engaging, well written, and the stakes were so high right off the bat. My kind of fiction. Everyone’s kind of fiction! The characters were so realistically flawed, the drama so compelling. It is one of those rare books that earns the title, unputdownable
Lisa Leone-campbell
Daisy and Simon have been married for years.  As in all marriages they have had their ups and downs.  So when they finally got pregnant and had their daughter Millie five years ago they were ecstatic.  Now Simon wants to have another child and Daisy is reluctant.  Millie is a handful. But Simon insists they at least go for the consult.  Daisy agrees not knowing that Simon has already started the process behind her back. And what Simon discovers will change their lives forever.

Daisy notices Simon
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was a really good read. I liked how it had both Daisy and Simon chapters so we could see the story in both of their perspectives. The story was really good and interesting and just goes to show how one lie can escalate and turn your world upside down. It was a tense thriller and a real page turner. I can’t wait for the next Adele Parks book already.
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
Lies Lies Lies, written by Sunday Times bestselling author Adele Parks, offers a compelling study of the nature and impact of lies on a small family unit at crisis point. Daisy and Simon, the leads of this tale, have a seemingly perfect marriage to onlookers, but their relationship is put to the ultimate test when one lie ricochets right through their once happy union.

With almost twenty novels to her name, of varied genres, the latest novel from British auth
Gloria Arthur
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lies Lies Lies by Adele Parks

This is a shocking story of lies and unlikeable characters and it’s an addictive page turner!

Daisy and Simon have been together for years and have the most perfect, miracle six-year-old daughter named Millie. When Millie was first born Daisy had struggled big time, the doctor had called it postnatal depression.

Simon reckons it’s time they should try to have another child so an IVF appointment is made. After the appointment and a startling revelation, Simon starts to
DeAnn
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2020
2.5 Unpopular Opinion Stars

Oh, these reviews are the hardest to write. This one started off very slowly and depressing for me. In fact, I almost did not finish it. You should not think of this one as a thriller, it is much more domestic fiction about the breakdown of a marriage – mostly by alcoholism.

Daisy and Simon are the featured characters and Simon is the one struggling (and losing) with alcohol. Things are spiraling out of control and there is a terrible incident one night after a party.
Dana
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-copies
Unlikeable/flawed characters? Lies, Lies, Lies is packed with them!

The first 40% of this book is really slow, not much happening ... I considered a DNF but pushed through - it definitely picks up after that point and throws in a couple curve balls, unexpected twists. Unfortunately it still wasn't enough to blow me away ...

The ending is a little too neat, far fetched and definitely convenient ...

Thank you to NetGalley and Mira books for my review copy!
Bookread2day
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
I bought my own paperback Lies Lies Lies from Amazon.
I have read many books by Adele Parks as she is one of my favourite author. I have enjoyed the other books that I have read by Adele, some of which I may not have reviewed here on Goodreads. Although the idea Daisy and Simon marriage isn't great and Simon drinks too much, and then there are secrets with lies lies lies. But I'm afraid there wasn't enough to say within this story to say I loved this book. I was disappointed with this story as I'
"Avonna
Aug 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

Lies, Lies, Lies by Adele Parks is a domestic noir/psychological thriller that managed to surprise me with several plot twists. I have not had an easy time with this genre lately and been in a slump, but I was pleasantly surprised with this story.

Daisy and Simon were married young along with their circle of friends. While their friends started having families, Daisy and Simon had difficulty getting pregnant. Finally, after years of
Sharon May
Aug 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Many thanks to NetGalley, Harlequin and Adele Parks for the opportunity to read and review her latest thriller - 4 stars for a twisty look into a troubled couple's life.

Daisy and Simon are parents to young Millie, their child born after a struggle with infertility. From the outside, they look like the perfect family. Daisy is a school teacher and Simon an interior designer, while Millie has sparkle and the potential to be a dancer. But behind that facade, Simon has a drinking problem, one that i
Andrea Pole
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Lies Lies Lies by Adele Parks absolutely blew me away with its deep dive into the mechanics of a dysfunctional marriage. This one is well-written, sharply observed, and so much more than your typical, predictable dark domestic drama. I could not put this down for a moment.

Daisy and Simon have struggled with infertility, so when their longed for daughter Millie arrives, everything seems to, at last, have fallen into place. But Simon is quite fond of a drink, a pleasure that he cannot deny himself
Rachel Hall
Oct 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Rife with implausibilities - sluggish dark domestic drama with characters I struggled to believe in.

After enjoying Adele Parks previous novel, I Invited Her In, this follow-up came as a huge disappointment and proved quite a slog to actually finish, none of which is helped by several blatantly implausible occurrences immediately prior to the conclusion. Although the novel tackles some very sensitive issues it was not this that was my issue but rather the lazy characterisation and a lacklustre pa
Theresa Alan
Aug 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is one of those mystery/suspense novels you have to work for to get the payoff. The layers are complicated, which I appreciate, but there were times I couldn’t help but get frustrated with the characters and think, “If you would just tell the truth . . .” Of course, then there would be no novel. I understand why the characters didn’t want to speak out, but yeesh.

This is told from the alternating points of view of married couple Simon and Daisy. They tried for years and many expensive treat

• The Holiday
  • Have You Seen Her
  • The Big Five O: A laugh out loud, feel good novel for summer
  • Unfollow Me
  • The Guilty Party
Adele Parks was born in Teesside, NE England. She studied English Language and Literature, at Leicester University. She published her first novel, Playing Away, in 2000; that year the Evening Standard identified Adele as one of London’s ‘Twenty Faces to Watch.’ Indeed Playing Away was the debut bestseller of 2000.
Prolific, Adele has published nine novels in nine years, including Game Over, Tell Me

Articles featuring this book

No one can write a creepy domestic suspense thriller quite like Lisa Jewell, the author of Then She Was Gone and I Found You. She's...
“Do we still live in a world where being polite keeps order or does it leave you vulnerable?” 0 likes