Start by marking “Happy New You” as Want to Read:
Happy New You

Happy New You

★10 Resolutions. 2 Friends. 1 Shot At Love. ★

I’ll admit, having nine New Year's resolutions makes me twitchy. After all, I’m Allison Gottlieb; overthinker, overachiever, hot mess extraordinaire. I’ve spent my entire life trying to be the best but for some reason, I’ve always fallen short. When a near meltdown (and maybe too much champagne) lands me in front of an old frien
257 pages
Published January 8th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Happy New You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy New You

Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Eleven talented authors=one epic romance! What a way to kick off a new year! Everyone one of these wonderful authors came together and seamlessly wrote a funny, sweet, and sexy read that will keep you swooning as much as giggling. I was totally hooked to Allison and Mateo right from the beginning. With their sweet friendship blossoming into and even sweeter love.
Allison is a workaholic who’s career has taken over her life. Her personality however is not the cold harsh one you think of when you
Lori Caprio Tate
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Allison and Mateo... I think I am in love with Allison and Mateo. What a way to start the New Year by reading this well written book that had my favorite authors collaborating on a witty, swoon worthy, romantic book. I was surprised as each chapter flawlessly flowed into the next. You didn't know where one author started and one stopped. The characters were so wonderfully written that I found myself forgetting that they were in a book. I felt as though I was watching them fall in love from a far ...more
Jenn the Readaholic
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wasn’t sure how a collaboration among so many authors would turn out, but I shouldn’t have worried, because Mateo and Allison’s story was fantastic. Their styles all meshed wonderfully and I didn’t feel any choppiness between chapters or confusing breaks in the book.

Allison is a workaholic who has zero social life, zero time for others, and zero ANYTHING outside of work. She overhears her boss being less than nice about her at a party on New Year’s Eve, is saved by a friend from making a scen
Jaime Reynolds
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Collaborations make me nervous because you never know how multiple writers will come together with a story. Well I have to say this was absolutely fantastic!!! The storyline was seamless and addictive. Mateo and Allison were well developed, along with the side characters, and had me so drawn into their story I did not want to stop reading. This story also made me want to change my lifestyle to ensure I incorporate what makes me happiest instead of what is expected. Highly recommended! I also hav ...more
Cristi
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I ignored my kids all night and sacrificed two hours of sleep to finish this book! What a GREAT story. I love Matty and Al. What a fun couple and a fun read.
Catlou
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Allison’s world is all about her job at a prestigious law firm and climbing its partnership ladder, but she has no personal life or personality outside her work ethic. That is until Mateo Ramirez comes back into her life. They’ve known each other since high school, and Mateo’s loved her since then, but Allison firmly placed him in the friend zone all those years ago, and he’s stayed there ever since.

Mateo knows just what Allison needs to push herself outside her comfort zone, but will he be able
Tesh Elborne
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If one didn't know this book had been written by 11 different authors, it would be hard to guess. It is stuff hhh an entertaining novel, very funny, sassy, sexy and kind off romantic in between the ups and downs in the relationship.
Allison, a self confessed workaholic lawyer and Mateo a successful PT have history but also lots of chemistry. Alyson just had to learn to make better priorities, namely Mateo. This hs entertaining and fun as both characters learn about themselves, what they want and
MiDouradoP
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An inspiring and sweet story about how to become a better version of yourself!

4,5 stars

Such a sweet and appropriate book for this time of year. It was also a stand alone, slow burn romance about two people that, even being made for each other, had to work on being together...just like in real life.

Allison is a controling workaholic and has been that way for a very long time. She is involved and absorbed in her work, that her job became all her life, so some changes were needed asap.

Mateo almost
Lisa Hill
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet and funny story this is! I had reservations as to whether a book written by eleven authors could work, but the story flowed seamlessly and was a delight to read.

Allison is a workaholic lawyer and Mateo is her childhood friend. They lost touch when he dropped out of law school to pursue his dream of becoming a personal trainer.

Although he’s successful in his field, Allison struggled to understand his choice and they drifted apart. A chance meeting at a New Years Eve party put them ba
RoseyLovesBooks
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lawyer Allison Gottlieb wants more out of life and writes 9 new year's resolutions. When Allison asks her handsome friend Matty to help her with the 10th resolution, he scribbles something, tears it off and puts it in his wallet. Personal trainer Mateo Ramirez has wanted the beautiful Al for as long as he can remember but when he dropped out of law school they lost touch. Getting to know Al again has rekindled those feelings and now he might have a chance. One of Allison's new year's resolutions ...more
Becky Wise
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Happy New You is one incredible read. It is written so seamlessly that you wouldn't even know that these amazing 10 authors each wrote a part. They each did a fantastic job bringing Allison and Mateo to life. I fell in love with workaholic Allison and friend zoned personal trainer Mateo from the start. This is such a fun read that I couldn't put down. Mateo is so swoony. You fall more and more for him as the read goes on. The changes in Allison in the end is worth waiting for. They have such che ...more
Marina Skinner
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a great read written by a number of authors, some that are new to me. I liked the storyline and the characters and I enjoyed how Allison and Mateo found each other again. They were friends in College but drifted apart. Needless to say workaholic Allison isn't sure what she's in for when Mateo becomes her personal trainer. I rather enjoyed the banter, the budding friendships and relationships that developed and I especially liked how it ended.
A good story! How all these authors wrote thi
Angelica Larsson
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a superb book from: Brenda St John Brown, Cassie-Ann L. Miller, Ceri Grenelle, Elizabeth Lynx, Jami Albright, Julia Wolf, Laura Lee, Marika Ray, Mya Martin, Nikki Kaye, Sylvie Stewart.
It is wellwritten, fastpaced and filled with emotions. I loved the storyline and the characters. I loved the ambience of the book and the chemistry between Allison and Mateo.

Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fun and inspiring read for the new year. I loved the concept of this book and was excited to dive right in, this story flowed so well from beginning to end that you did not notice the change in author. Allison and Mateo are two great characters in this friends to lovers story about reflecting on your life and setting and keeping goals or resolutions for yourself. If you are looking for a sweet read for the new year then this book is it!
Crystal
4.5 ⭐!

I loved the premise of the book and I am a total sucker for Friends to Lovers as a troupe.

I am shocked that so many authors collaborated together for this book. It did not feel choppy at all. The book flowed nicely together. I loved seeing things from both Mateo and Allison’s POV. Loved that the chapters were actually by months. Watching Allison attack her resolutions through the months was fun to see.

There was a few moments where I was laughing out loud during the book, and I always lo
Lisa H
A new year, a new you.

Allison and Mateo “Matty” are friends.
He’s crushed on Ally but she’s friend zoned him. Since prom!
All the way through law school.

Mateo owns a parkour gym and stays fit.
Ally starts coming to his gym.
Drama at work.
Will these two ever overcome all the distractions?
Will Ally learn to give and not just take?
Cuz Mateo is one good man.

Judi
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This second chance love story is so heartbreakingly sweet and enthralling and sexy hot. Where one author leaves off and another takes up the writing is seamless. The tale of Matty and Al feels so large because of their remembrances of their youth, and their present day “will they or won’t they” is just tantalizing. I truly couldn’t put this book down till it was finished. Smile, sigh...
Mindy
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It surprised me! The write up sounded hokey, but the characters were believable, and yes, sympathetic. I actually cared that they got their acts together! Well done! I am not sure just how that many authors were able to sync a story that well. There must have also been a great editor involved. i finished this in less than one day!
Nancy
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet, funny, slow burn to love by 11 authors/collaborators about 2 high school friends that come back together when one is needed by the other so badly. All 11 did a fantastic job of pulling this love story together.
P
Wonderful!
I seriously love this story. It’s sweet, sexy, inspirational, emotional and fun. The storyline has a good message about life/work balance, priorities and self care intertwined with a wonderful love story that ends with a perfect HEA. Really good!!
Jacki
4.5☆
I liked it!
Jami Albright and Sylvie Stewart are two of my go-to rom-com authors.

What I liked:
Dual POVs
Standalone
HEA
Epilogue

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC.
Pat
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was one amazing story that was co-written by 11 authors and what a fantastic job these authors did! The story was well written and the plot flowed flawlessly from page to page and the characters were so well fleshed out that I was in total awe how well these eleven authors worked so seamlessly together! This book is an absolute must read!
Natalie
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Alison and Mateo! I have a hard time believing that eleven authors wrote this book. I couldn’t tell at all. It was a really cute second chance friends to lovers romance.
Laura Lee
Dec 18, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
5 MORE DAYS!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TEASER TUESDAY!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Mary Brannian
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Allison Gottlieb is an extremely focused, driven, hardworking associate at a prestigious law firm, determined to make junior partner. She spent all her time, indeed, her life, working. Working to further her dreams; that is, until that fateful New Year’s Eve party, when she overheard comments by one of the senior partners….
Mateo Ramirez was an Instagram sensation; a life coach that had been Allison’s friend for decades. They had started out in law school together, but Mateo had realized that his
Katie ✨
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Happy New You" is the perfect reading for the start of 2019. It is romantic, funny, sexy and last but not least reliable as it features a common dilemma shared by twentieth-century women, that is to say the choice in between a professional career and a family.

It relates the story of Allison, a thirty-year old, single and workaholic lawyer who on New Year's Eve decided to take control of her life and make some notorious resolutions such as "Get in shape" and "Learn to cook a signature dish", in
Rubi
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG! This book is everything! It has the right mix of humor and swoon.
Mateo and Allison have been friends since high school. Mateo fell in love with her at the time but felt that Al always pushed him into the friend zone so friends they remained. They went to college together until Matty dropped out in exchange for his true calling. Personal training. Years have gone by since then where they haven't really seen each other until one New Year's Eve party. Matty catches Al sneaking out of a party
Rhonda
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I saw that this book was written by 11 different authors, I wondered how that would work. It works great. There's no way to tell that they all wrote this book or who wrote which chapters. Allison Gottlieb and Matteo Ramirez were childhood friends and also went to college to become lawyers. Matteo decided to drop out of school and follow his heart to become a personal trainer. He sees Allison one New Year's Eve when she's sneaking out of a party to celebrate her birthday by herself. They sta ...more
Kristen Lewendon
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the funniest things I’ve read all year. Since we’re not even a full week into the new year, that’s maybe damning the story with faint praise, but don’t take it that way. I have laughed so hard my ribs and abs are going to continue to hurt all day tomorrow. I don’t think I’ve ever read a collaborative book that is held together as tightly as this one. I couldn’t tell where the transitions happen from one author to the next. That may be because I was so thoroughly caught up in Al an ...more
Kayla Busch
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Allison and Mateo's story! I really found it to be relatable. Oftentimes we get sucked into the day to day tasks of life and forget to have fun and enjoy life. This book was a beautiful reminder to stop and enjoy life, live each day to the fullest and never take anything for granted. Allison works to much and has very little time for anything outside of the office. However, recent events have shown her that she needs to make some changes. Who better to help her with those chan ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Brenda is a displaced New Yorker living in the English countryside. She’s lived in the UK long enough to gain dual citizenship, but still doesn’t understand Celsius. However, she has learned the appropriate use of the word “pants”. And how to order a proper bacon bap/barm/buttie. Because, well, bacon.

Brenda writes contemporary romance to make you giggle and swoon. When she’s not writing, she enjoy