Start by marking “Rewind (Rewind #1)” as Want to Read:
Rewind (Rewind #1)

Rewind

(Rewind #1)

The day Enzo Chevalier lost his hearing, everything changed. Forced to rebuild his future and fight for his dreams, Enzo refused to let anything take him down...until the man of his life walked out on him and shattered his heart.

Florian Beaudry had his whole life figured out. His business was flourishing and everything was settling down at last. Or so he believed...until h
ebook, First, 350 pages
Published March 2019

To ask other readers questions about Rewind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rewind

Start your review of Rewind (Rewind #1)
Bev
The flashbacks and OTT caricature villains didn't do this book any favours.

Jennifer☠Pher☠
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was lovely. This is a very well done story about young love ripped away by tragedy only to have a chance encounter that leads to a beautiful second chance at love.

It was lovely but it was not easy. The entire feel of the read was a bit melancholy. It wasn’t dark (although some of it was pitch black) or even really sad (even when it was very sad) but there was just a tone to it that didn’t let it feel easy, breezy.

It worked though. The tragedy from their youth could not be taken lightly or
Christelle
**3.5 stars**

It’s a nice contemporary MM romance with a second-chance love trope. Enzo and Florian are both in their mid-twenties and each dealing with a past relationship that went sour. When they meet after an eight-year separation, they click right away again, remembering their shared past, learning who they have become, getting some light about what set them apart and what kind of struggles they overcame or have still to deal with.

It’s done nicely, with a satisfying pace for me and some goo
True Loveislovereview
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, lgbtq
What a shining gem this is!!

Florian was hurt in his past and his self esteem is low. His ex took advantage of that, misused him, threw him away and now he feels even lower.

Enzo lost his hearing eight years ago and recently also his partner who moved on without him.
When Enzo meets Florian in a bar we get to understand they have a history together and that goes back eight years.
So here’s their story. Be prepared for a beautiful and heartbreaking journey!

When the puzzle pieces slowly turn into a p
Joyfully Jay
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

I am often up for trying out a new author and while the outline of this story was good, it never fully came together for me. The story opens with Florian and Enzo in present day as they are both coming out of messy breakups. Both of their exes were portrayed as awful, yet both Florian and Enzo continually gave them the benefit of the doubt and both exes were too present in the story.

When the men meet again, we quickly learn they had a history, but the chemistry wa
haletostilinski
3.5 stars rounded up

Overall, this was an enjoyable read for me. I really loved Florian and Enzo together and they were both great characters.

But what brought this down for me was ultimately - except for a few characters here and there - the secondary characters. I know MC's are the most important part (which is why I ultimately still liked this book and rounded up instead of down) but a lot of the secondary characters were almost written...kinda of cartoon villain like.

Florian walks in on his
Gerbera_Reads
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first time reading this author, and I can say that they have done a wonderful job on shining the light on the bigoted attitude towards bisexual people within LGBTIQ community as well as out of it. Told from dual POV, this story is about two young men who find each other despite the tragic accident that tore them apart years ago. It's light-hearted, slightly angsty, funny and steamy read about second chances, having courage to come out and love oneself no matter what.

Florian is at cro
Elithanathile
Jun 26, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Important update at 59%:: "// This author is breezing through this story, as if going through the paces, just to get through them! I don't see much development in terms of the MCs themselves, and it's a shame! I'm not feeling the chemistry at all, though it's clear they do want and love one another! It's just ... this feels way too "wham, bam, thank you, ma'am", and the story is suffering for it! I'm thinking this is a debut novel and MEH!! This story could be good if the author actually took th ...more
Kirstin
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love a second chances story and this one was breathtaking. Written just beautifully.

"Enzo, I never moved on."

Gah!

Enzo and Florian were best friends and lovers in high school. They were sneaky about their relationship until they were caught in public and assaulted. Neither of them were the same after.

The story is told in third person with dual POV's, which is my favorite, so bonus for me!

After the assault, Enzo becomes deaf. His life is impacted and altered with this new condition and the way
Chappy
Feb 27, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very beautiful second-chance love story based in France.
We get to meet Florian and Enzo who are both struggling with leaving cheating exes. Their chance meeting at a bar starts a relationship back-up.
Through flashbacks we learn all about their past and see them rekindle a love they both thought lost.
Angie Elle
ARC from A Novel Take PR

DNF @ 54%, so no rating.

I always say that you can tell so much about the main characters by who they surround themselves with. Well aside from the token 'one good friend,' both of these men have surrounded themselves with such jerks. And the whole 'woe is me' for being broken up with when you should have done the breaking up ages ago is overdone. I don't need characters who are feeling bad for themselves and presented as having to fight the world to be together. I feel li
Coco.V
Jul 24, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (7/24/2019)! 🎁
Scooby2
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found “Rewind” by Rowan Shaw to be an excellent debut novel and I am definitely looking forward to reading more by Ms Shaw. I really liked both Enzo and Florian’s characters, and how they were given a second chance. Both of them grew as characters and as a couple. I loved that Enzo didn’t let being deaf stop him and loved it when Florian finally accepted himself. I felt that it made them stronger as a couple and as individuals. Although I did find it slow in the beginning but once I got into i ...more
R.J. Sorrento
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second chance romance with positive bi rep? Yes!! I really enjoyed this book.
K.R. Phoenix
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 5 stars
🔥🔥🔥🔥 Heat Level: 3.75

Wow, what a story! So much heart, incredible!

I loved this story. An epic second chance romance, eight years in the making. Rowan’s writing is a joy to read, easy flow and so much detail and heart in each word! As a fellow bi/queer person, I appreciate her attention to detail of what being bi can entail and the biphobia/homophobia elements were so real, it felt like real life, which in many ways is very saddening. That being said these elements could be triggerin
ButtonsMom2003
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog
A great story, hard to believe it's this author's debut novel.

I really loved this story. Friends to Lovers and Second Chance stories are my favorites and this one is great. Enzo and Florian were dating in high school and then something horrible happened that tore them apart. And the thing about that is neither of them knew exactly what was going on.

They meet again, unexpectedly, and the spark of attraction is still there but both of them are on the rebound and don't know whether or not to trust
Amy Aislin
I really enjoyed this debut novel by Rowan Shaw. The main characters, Enzo and Florian, are both sympathetic characters, flawed yet relatable.

Second chance romances don't always work for me, but this one was beautifully written and nicely executed.

Where I struggled a little bit was in the characterizations. In regards to their personal lives, Enzo and Florian have similar emotional wounds that are both recent. (view spoiler)
Eliott Griffen

This is, by far, the best bi representation I have ever read. And I have read A LOT of them. Rowan did an amazing job portraying the internal struggles of a bisexual person, as well as hardships every person with disabilities face every single day.
Enzo is a sweet and kind man. It is difficult being gay and disabled, but he doesn’t let that stop him from living his life the way he wants. In moments he is maybe too kind and forgiving, but people like that do exist. And for everyone complaining ab
Shelby
Jan 12, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF. I only made it through the first chapter and I can telling the writing isn't for me. Florian is already getting on my nerves and I feel like the GF should be ending all her lines with the "noblewoman's laugh". ...more
Suey_Library
Mar 23, 2019 rated it liked it
So everyone knows I absolutely adore M/M Romances, right? I mean this shouldn't be a shocker at this point. I love a good M/M Romance honestly. I like the angst, the connections, the struggles - it just gives me feels. And REWIND definitely had me gushing at the synopsis, sign me up for the second change love! We're going in...

Oh the characters, lets see if I can do this without rambling. Enzo was definitely a cutie, very much naive innocent cutie pie. Yep, that is how I am going to describe him
Jenny Wood
Mar 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Alright…

I had a hard time with this one. While the story itself is good, and I enjoyed the romance aspect between Florian, who just finds his girlfriend in bed with his best friend, and she’s so catty about it, it’s disgusting… and Enzo, an ex from high school who’s still hung up on his emotionally and verbally abusive ex boyfriend who both work at a school for the deaf, since Enzo himself is deaf… they meet again in a club while both are trying to lick their wounds and move on.

The way in whic
Estella Mirai
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rewind is a beautiful, thoughtful, second-chance romance centered around two heroes who are sure to win your heart!

I honestly loved just about everything about this story... both Florian and Enzo are likeable, complex characters who feel like real people and, by the end of the story, like friends. I was rooting for them to find happiness together from the start, and enjoyed every step of the sometimes slow, sometimes passionate, and always heartfelt path they took to get there.

Anyone who knows m
Amanda
Mar 16, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5/5⭐

[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

Rewind is the debut novel of new author Rowan Shaw. An LGBT second chance love story about two men broken by the same trauma and finding peace in each other after being reunited.

The main characters, Enzo and Florian, were real and flawed. Florian struggled with his bisexual identity, because his friends and family just didn't understand how he could enjoy both sexes. He carried around a ton of guilt over the incident with Enzo, and he never r
Erica Chilson
I received a free copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

4 Somber Stars

Rewind is Rowan Shaw's debut novel, which captured me with the blurb from the start.

I was looking for something unique in a sea of sameness. A deaf character intrigued me, wanting to see how the author wrote him. The locale was a nice change of scenery, especially the French peppered in, without it coming off as confusing for those who don't speak the language. I'm also a sucker for second-chance romance, so
Heather Bass
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read from this author and now she has a new fan. I have never read an m/m book before and I’m glad I did. I fell in love with these men right from the beginning. This is the first book of the Rewind Deut. I could not put this book down for anything. It only took me a couple of hours to devour this amazing book.

Enzo’s life changed the day he lost his hearing. He had to start his life all over. Enzo has to fight for everything that he wants and needs. He doesn’t let
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This was a lovely surprise. It’s a second chance romance about two high school lovers who meet again as adults. I fell in love with both Florian and Enzo immediately and I was quickly caught up in their world.

Enzo is a fascinating character. A proud member of the Deaf community, he is a successful teacher and a passionate man whose confidence has been knocked by his ex boyfriend. I love the combination of strength and vuln
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie

4 Stars

I love second chances and this was a lovely story. I loved both Florian and Enzo, although I’ll admit I wanted to shake Florian at times, still, they were both sweet, young men. Once I discovered what had torn them apart in the first place, my heart broke for them both, but I’m glad I was able to take this journey of healing and rediscovery with them and watch them fall in love all over again.

Although set in France, really, except for one trip to Paris and a few French phrases, this sto
Sanna
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really good MM read

5 stars.
This is contemporary MM romance with a HEA. There's angst. The other mc has been injured badly as very young, years ago, in a homophopic attack. That might be a trigger for some as well as that both mc's meet again in a situation where they both have been the victims of cheating.

It's a part of a series, the first title, but it can well be read also as a standalone. It all wrapped up nicely by the time the title was finished. I really enjoyed this one! It was an easy
Naardsbooks
Aug 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Rowan Shaw is a new to me author, so going into this story was both exciting and nerve wracking. A new book and author, yay! But will I enjoy it? Although this story was both heartbreaking at times, and infuriating in others, it was an enjoyable read.

Heartbreaking, because of the obstacles and betrayal each of the MCs are going through and went through. Infuriating, because their actions at times never made sense to me. These actions being their feelings and dealings towards both their cheating
Jes Bruno
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, ibbb
Rewind is the debut novel by Rowan Shaw. This M/M romance was something a little different then I have read before. Rowan’s writing was so truthful and emotional that I wanted to fight alongside these characters.

We all know there are still people in the world that don’t understand the LGBT community or the hearing imparted but they need to learn to shut their mouths about things they don’t understand. But this book is more than that, it about LOVE. LOVE is LOVE no matter what or who you are. Lov
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Free Hand (Irons and Works, #1)
  • Jude (Lucky #3)
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)
  • Break Free (Kinley Island, #2)
  • In the Name of the Father (Father, #1)
  • Better Place (Rainbow Place, #3)
  • Orientation (Borealis Investigations, #1)
  • Someday, Someday
  • Rebound (Pucks & Rainbows, #1)
  • Breaking In (Rainier Family #2)
  • Forget-Me-Not
  • Straight from the Heart (Wilde Love, #1)
  • Sweetest Obsessions
  • Kiss Me Again
  • Made For You (For You, #1)
  • Next Door Knight (Man's Best Friend, #2)
  • Trickster's Hunt (Three Tricksters #1)
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…
Rowan Shaw is the queer author of REWIND, a bisexual romance series set entirely in her home country, France.

Her writing is own voices when it comes to bisexuality, queerness, and French culture.

Addicted to reading and writing, Rowan can usually be found with a book in her hands or sitting in front of her computer, typing while listening to music from the 80's.

***

You can find her on various soc

Rewind (4 books)
  • Return (Rewind #2)
  • Revive (Rewind #3)
  • Rebound (Rewind #4)

Articles featuring this book

Do you know who you'll be falling in love with this month? We've got suggestions… Every month, our team takes a look at the new romance books...