Start by marking “Beats of the Heart” as Want to Read:
Beats of the Heart

Beats of the Heart

(Lyrical Odyssey Rock Star #1)

Before they can have a second chance, they have to live through their first love… and heartbreak.

Izzy
We shouldn’t have taken the risk. We should’ve stayed just friends. Best friends. But only friends. But our hearts were foolish. I’d loved him forever. So, three years ago when he offered what I always longed for, I grabbed it with both hands. But I couldn’t hold on tight

To ask other readers questions about Beats of the Heart, please sign up.
Yasamin Shakira, I don't believe this to be a valid question. In regards to her name, it is in fact, her name. Thus, we can not change her name because of…moreShakira, I don't believe this to be a valid question. In regards to her name, it is in fact, her name. Thus, we can not change her name because of your disinterest. (less)

Start your review of Beats of the Heart
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this debut novel. Izzy and Dawson are in love. It shines through the pages. It is in how they are with one another physically and emotionally. The plot is interesting, paced well, and it leaves room both for conflict and growth. The writing is solid with great use of imagery. I fell for Dawson pretty quickly and loved his devotion. Izzy was a good heroine, trying to be supportive of her man’s career and dream while still solidifying her own identity.

I will say that it does end with a
Yasamin
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The reason I’m giving this a 5 star is the freaking ending! I NEED ANSWERS!! When is the second book coming out?!? I can’t deal with this cliffhanger gaaaaaah!

Anyways.... this was an amazing read. Finished it in less than a day, that’s how good it was! These indie authors are freaking better than the well known ones! I can’t believe this is Charli’s debut novel! THAT is one damn good book!
The buildup of the relationship was amazing. At one point, I was wondering when the heck Dawson and Izzy
Anne OK
New-to-me-author/Kindle Unlimited (first book in series with a cliffhanger); so on to the second book where I'm hoping for another hit scored with love. I'm always up for a Rockstar romance and this is one of those that will steal your heart in so many ways while reeling out the surprises.

I loved these characters and the sweet love they shared as childhood friends with ups and downs throughout, then teenagers parted by miles separating them when parents divorce -- but somehow keeping in touch in
Brooke
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this novel! I hated how it ended because I'm still not sure what is wrong with Izzy and why Dawson just ghosted her! I really want to read part two of their story now! Most of the book was about their short time in Amsterdam and only a little bit of the book focused on them being apart. Overall, I really enjoyed the story but definitely not the ending!
Swathi
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Coming into this book- I was desperately looking for something that would completely consume me. Draw me into a whole other world of someone else's problems.

Most love stories begin at the VERY beginning. Where either character is facing a life-threatening problem and suddenly the other one stumbles into their meagre life and messed it all over. For better or worse.
But THIS story, began in the middle. It's the part of the story a reader never gets to read because the book ended a while ago.
♡AbbyBooks♡
Jul 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I'm sorry to disappoint my book friends who recommended me this book. I just couldn't stand how it's a lot of sex. It kinda ruin the story for me. Also is this going to be like The Notebook storyline cause I do not know how I feel and if that. I will keep reading the storyline and series but I don't know if I can love romance. Sorry if my honest hurts some of you this is just how I feel. To me is more than just sex and romantic doings there's more to love than that for me.
Andréa
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don't really know how I feel right now. I think I need a minute (or 30) to gather my thoughts after the rollercoaster of emotions that were the last few chapters. And I definitely need book 2 ASAP !!!!

Izzy and Dawson are part of those characters you wish will get their HEA because they deserve it despite their mistakes (yeah Dawson, I'm talking about you !). They were so "real" and true in their feelings. Izzy full of insecurities and still she believed in him and them. And Dawson was so
Angela
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Beats of the Heart is the first book in the Lyrical Odyssey Rock Star Series and is the wonderful debut novel by Charli B. Rose. The story is a steamy friends-to-lovers/Rockstar Romance with second chances, heartbreak, loss, friendship, stardom, heart-ache, emotion, drama, mystery, and more.
Dawson and Izzy are wonderfully crafted characters who really tugged at my heartstrings. I loved following their story- through all the highs and lows of their relationship. These childhood best
S.Shade
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-books-read
Prepare to have your sweet tooth satisfied with this book. So so so sweet.

Izzy and Dawson went from best friends to lovers. Both crashing into one other so hard neither wanted to come up for air. The love these two had for each other was incredible. I loved reading their story and how they worked through their ups and downs. Dawson was loyal to a fault, not something you usually see in a rock star. And even though Izzy had her insecurities, she was completely devoted in her relationship and
Kathy Aronoff
2.5 Stars - The majority of this book IMO was sex over substance. By the end I came to the conclusion that this couple knew each other forever, had limited time together so 99% of it was spent in bed, ok I get they are in their early 20's and can't get enough - but I sure had. What saved this book from being a one star was the end, normally I do not like cliffhangers or abrupt endings but it was the only interesting part of this book for me even as far fetched as it was. You know each other ...more
K.G. Reuss
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Childhood friends turned lovers.

Dawson is rocketing to stardom. He has it all, including the girl of his dreams. Izzy is an artist. A beauty. His muse. They were made for each other. Their story showcases how truly in love they were. From tender kisses to shared laughter, the two of them were the epitome of perfection.

Beats of the Heart is one of those romances that grabs hold of your heart and doesn't let go. It's fierce. Beautiful. And utterly heart-wrenching. You'll want to gobble it up,
Jenny  (Jenz Book Jewels)
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe this is a debut novel, congrats Charli on your amazing release.
Note this book ends on a cliffhanger without an HEA yet!
This book gives you feiendships, love, heartbreak, and a question about what the future holds.

SOME SPOILERS

Dawson Loves his music career but he loves Izzy more, without her there would be no music. He's never given him a reason to doubt their love, until after the photos were leaked, he wants to protect her, but then something changes and they seem to be over.

Janet Sanchez
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow...this story has me believing that love is the most powerful thing in this world. The way they show it for one another is what kept me hooked. I turned pages after pages and Dawson became my loving kind of man. Childhood friends who became lovers that gain more from each other was something that I wasn't expecting.
You don't want to miss out on this story because I promise you, you'll fall in love with it.
Karen
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great debut effort by an author who will be very successful.
I take a star off a review for cliffhanger books. I hate the concept because I forget the whole book vibe and sometimes I miss part 2 altogether. So right now I'm really mad at Dawson and I have to hold that thought for months........
Liz
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rock
Loved this brilliant rockstar romance. The unusual start made a great change, straight into the romance, no back story (initially) and no build up, I loved getting to know the characters that way. I didn't like the ending but I suspect that the next book will explain what has happened. It's a story....I've suspended reality and gone with the flow until everything is explained.

Great first book, I'm so looking forward to the next one.
Jamie Ellis
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow really???

First off Dawson is a twat!! To let a conniving label and manager rule and take over like that is just awful! Grow a pair please!! My is broken for Izzy right now, I'm mad for her. And the mystery of what's wrong with her ??? I need answers thank you very much.
I'm so mad right now but I will be reading the next book because this reader needs to know ALL of it.
Thanks Jamie Nibarger Ellis
Lori Shankle
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by this author. I found I could not put this book down. The characters jumped off the pages and the story line flowed so easily. It was really easy to get lost within the pages. This is book 1 of a 3 book series. It does end in a cliffhanger, but that's ok because I cannot wait to start on book two. I loved Izzy and Dawson. And you will too, so yes I am definitely recommending this book and series!
Sherry
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

Friends to lovers is one of my favorite types of romance. My heart was crying for Izzy when she was away from Dawson when everything hit the fan. Seeing the one you love with someone else in a compromising position and then not getting an explanation for it, makes it hurt worse. I’m stomping my feet for the cliffhanger at the end..hoping their story gets better!
Lauren
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This story is a short glimpse into the lives of Izzy and Dawson. Both are 23, childhood friends, and have been in a long distance relationship for a couple years. There isn't a lot of back story, but it is clear they know each other well and are quite in love. Dawson is the lead singer in a rock band, and they are currently touring in Europe. Izzy does some occasional photography work for the band, and is meeting him in Amsterdam
Michelle Austin
Beats of the Heart was a great 5 star read and book one in the Lyrical Odyssey Rock Star series. I LOVED this book and Izzy and Dawson are my new favorite couple.

Izzy is excited to be joining her boyfriend on tour. She wants nothing more than to be in his arms. Dawson is the lead singer of his band and they are at the top of the charts right now with a successful tour.

When Izzy joins Dawson for a few days, they have to keep their relationship undercover. When pictures start to come out in the
Ashleigh
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beats of the Heart is the first in an exciting contemporary romance duet. Set in the crazy world of the music industry, we meet two young lovers as they try to maintain their relationship amidst the madness of a rock stars life. This book easily swept me off my feet and I was lost in the story almost instantly. If you like your musical reads with added heartbreak, this book is definitely for you!

Although only a short read, Beat of the Heart packs A LOT in. The heat and passion starts immediately
Ashleigh
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Beats of the Heart by Charli B. Rose is the first book in her new series Lyrical Odyssey Rock Star Series, and wow what a fantastic start! Following the story of Izzy and Dawson, who have been best friends for as long as either of them can remember and yet the feelings between them are deeper than that of friendship lately. When they decide to take the step into lovers from friends, their hearts beat as one. Izzy is Dawson’s muse, she makes all of his musical talents possible. Dawson is the only ...more
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beats of the Heart is the wonderful debut novel by Charli B. Rose, and is the first book in the Lyrical Odyssey Rock Star Series. This story is friends-to-lovers/rockstar romance at it’s absolute best. It is a tale of friendship heartbreak, loss, stardom, heartache, emotion, drama, mystery, and so much more.

I genuinely loved this debut novel. Izzy and Dawson’s love for each other is pure and awe-inspiring. It literally pours out through the pages, and it just exudes in how they are with each
Laura Furuta
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beats of the Heart (Lyrical Odyssey Rock Star Series Book 1)
By: Charli B. Rose
5 out of 5 stars

The story Beats of the Heart (Lyrical Odyssey Rock Star Series Book 1) by Charlie B. Rose is a new adult romance book. I loved reading this story. It had me hooked from the very beginning. It is a book that had my emotions going up and down with the characters. I loved reading about Izzy and Dawson. These two have been best friends since they were young and have taken the step from friends to lovers.
Karyn Taylor
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Noooooooooooooooooo!!! How could Charli B Rose do this to me? You get all built up and fall in love with these 2 characters and then you are left with that cliff hanger!! I cannot deal with how this book leaves you.
Beats of the Heart is a beautifully sweet, heartwarming love story. Our 2 main characters Izzy and Dawson totally worship the ground that each other walks on. Their love for each other is so deep and seemingly unbreakable. Best friends since the age of six and now 3 years into a
Katie
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Beats of the Heart (Lyrical Odyssey Rock Star Series Book 1)
By Charli B. Rose
4 stars

This was a wonderful debut novel for this author and I am really excited to read the second book. I was drawn into the story fairly quickly and the ending definitely left me with questions, hence why I can’t wait to get my hands on book 2! Dawson and Izzy’s story was wonderful to follow and I could truly feel the love and connection that they had. I do have a slight soft spot for rock star romance stories so that
Jenny  (Jenz Book Jewels)
I can't believe this is a debut novel, congrats Charli on your amazing release.
Note this book ends on a cliffhanger without an HEA yet!

SOME SPOILERS

Jenni Bishop
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Beats of the Heart is the first book in the Lyrical Odyssey Rock Star Series by Charli B.
Rose. It is an amazing start to the series and is her debut book, people, debut.. It is a
romance friends to lovers story where there is friendship and love, heartbreak and loss,
heartache and second chances.
Dawson and Izzy are have known each other since childhood and transcended from friends
to lovers and had the world at their feet. He the Rockstar and she trying to find her way to
what she loves, art. But I
LianaReads blog
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
O My God!!!!
This is a debut book!
This books is so sexy and had me blushing for more than once.It is a story about childhood friends that are following their dream careers and try to keep their love and relation alive even if they have to do it at long distance as Dowson is a rock star and is always on the go with the band and also has to be seen as a young Rockstar with no strings attached and living the life that everyone expects.
Izzy is an artist and for her,Dawson is everything,she tries to
Tracy Antonelli Manderson
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beats of the Heart by Charli B. Rose
5 out of 5 stars

This story ends in a cliffhanger and also contains friends-to-lovers with second chances, heartbreak, loss, friendship, stardom, heart-ache, emotion, drama, mystery, and more.
Beats of the Heart is the first book in Dawson and Izzy’s story written by Charli B. Rose and it’s the first book that I have read by this author. The characters are amazing and realistic and I loved their quirky ways. The plot was great and the descriptions of the places
« previous 1 3 next »

• Times Like These (Blue is the Color, #1)
  • A Pack of Vows and Tears (The Boulder Wolves, #2)
  • A Pack of Love and Hate (The Boulder Wolves, #3)
  • Rock My World
  • Wait for Me
  • Out of the Shadow
  • Such Great Heights (Blue is the Color, #3)
  • The Harder You Fall (Rixon Raiders, #3)
  • Dare
  • Stay with Me (Stay with Me, #1)
  • Serenading Heartbreak
  • Salvation (The Captive, #4)
  • Refugee (The Captive, #3)
  • Survive Me (A Vibrations Novella, #4)
  • Even When I'm Gone (Stay with Me, #2)
  • Baking With A Rockstar (Brooksville, #1)
  • Feather (Angels of Elysium, #1)
  • Renegade (The Captive, #2)

Lyrical Odyssey Rock Star (2 books)
  • Notes of the Heart (Lyrical Odyssey Rock Star Series Book 2)