Start by marking “Bring Me Sunshine” as Want to Read:
Bring Me Sunshine

Bring Me Sunshine

Charlotte Bold is nothing like her name - she is shy and timid and just wants a quiet life. When her job doing the traffic news on the radio in London is relocated to Sunshine FM in Mumbles, she jumps at the chance for a new start in Wales.

But when she arrives she discovers that she's not there to do the travel news - she's there to front the graveyard evening show. And s

Published February 7th 2019 by Orion

To ask other readers questions about Bring Me Sunshine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bring Me Sunshine

Karen Whittard
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is just beautiful and I loved every feel good minute of it. A book that is guaranteed to put a great big smile on your face. This should be on every chicklit and romance fans reading list for next year. Loved it.
Emma Crowley
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bring Me Sunshine may be the first book that I have read by Laura Kemp but it certainly won't be the last. What an absolute treat of a book she has written and one in which I was quickly sucked into the lives and trials and tribulations of all the characters. It's a brilliant, dynamic and modern story which makes up the perfect package with a radio station being the main setting situated in the seaside town of Mumbles. At last we have something different beside a café, cottage or a farm. Don't g ...more
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

I have no idea how I am going to do Laura Kemp's novel justice with my review. I mean, really, the book literally does bring you sunshine, so my words saying how much I loved the story aren't going to win against sunshine, now are they?

Well, I've said it already so I may as well cement the fact that yes, I did indeed LOVE 'Bring Me Sunshine', what with its uplifting storyline, flawed and fabulous characters, and humour
Agi
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Charlotte Bold is one for planning and structure, spontaneous doesn't work in her dictionary. She's rather happy with her quiet life in London, with her traffic updates radio job, her friends and her boyfriend. Maybe, but only maybe, it could be a little much better if she could get over her fear of speaking on the radio - a bit embarrassing, working on the radio, no? And she used to be a rising star, and she used to have ambitions. So what has happened? And what's going to happen when suddenly
Anne
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bring Me Sunshine is Charlotte Bold's story, and begins as she learns that her job at a London local radio station is no more. She's offered the chance of a transfer, and as Charlotte really needs a job, she has no choice but to accept.
The new job is in Wales, at Sunshine FM. In Wales! Far far away from the hustle and bustle of London, and her friends, and her boyfriend. Charlotte's very fragile; her self confidence is at rock bottom and having to leave everything that makes her feel a tiny bit
Claire Mc Partlin
An enjoyable story set on the coast in Wales. When Charlotte Bold loses her radio job in London and is forced/persuaded by her employers into moving to a job with Sunshine FM in Mumbles, Wales, she isn't happy - but it's either that or redundancy. Charlotte had a bit of a meltdown previously (that we eventually find out about) and so has since kept her head down doing the traffic reports and keeping every part of her life under tight regimented control, being very withdrawn.

Then due to a misunde
sarah kate jones
Another beauty

Laura does it again, she has an incredible knack for keeping you reading, you are desperate to know what happens next and she will keep you guessing till the end. Fantastic relatable characters and good old romance , she is the expert at building characters, some nice ,some not so, but you will bed so upset when you finish the books you will want it to go on for ever. Thank you Laura x
Luisa A.
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is like a ray of sunshine

Light and zingy as a summer sorbet, this book is a delight. Engaging, charming characters and relatable dilemmas make it a thoroughly enjoyable read. Perfect escapism, with wonderful Welsh locations to put you in the mood for a trip to the seaside. Lush, fair play.
Claire Watson
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Bring Me Sunshine. Such a nice heartwarming read that will appeal to all. I read this in a couple of days and loved every page of it.

Thank you to NetGalley, Orion Publishing Group and the author for the chance to review.
Lorraine
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charlotte Bold, Charlie to her friends, is the traffic reporter at a London radio station. She works in the background and that suits her fine. It wasn’t always like that for Charlie but that’s another story that she’s totally avoiding. When the radio station transfers her to Sunshine FM in Wales she treats it as a temporary step until she can get back to London.

Arriving at the radio station in Mumbles ready to take on the traffic and travel Charlie discovers she’s hired to host the evening show
Dawn Roche
Emma
May 29, 2019
Joy Bolton
Jun 26, 2019
Laura Kemp writes tender but hilarious romantic comedies which are unashamed love letters to the everywoman.
Her uplifting message - based on the notion that everything is research apart from the rude bits - is 'You Don't Know How Brilliant You Are!'.
A journalist who has written for The Guardian, The Daily Mail and The Sun amongst others, she is married with a son in Cardiff, where she pretends to