Start by marking “Bring Me Sunshine” as Want to Read:
Bring Me Sunshine

Bring Me Sunshine

Charlotte Bold is nothing like her name - she is shy and timid and just wants a quiet life. When her job doing the traffic news on the radio in London is relocated to Sunshine FM in Mumbles, she jumps at the chance for a new start in Wales.

But when she arrives she discovers that she's not there to do the travel news - she's there to front the graveyard evening show. And s

Published February 7th 2019 by Orion

To ask other readers questions about Bring Me Sunshine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bring Me Sunshine

Start your review of Bring Me Sunshine
Hannah
Aug 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-books
Nice enough story just not my favourite in parts it dragged a little for me. The book had a few too many characters for me to connect with any in depth.
Roberta
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book a lot more than I expected to. I liked the fact that it is spread over a longer bit of time, that the characters actually consider their actions, rather than just acting on impulse. Charlie’s character development was great over the course of the book, and lovely to see her gain confidence. The other characters also had good development.
Rachel Gilbey
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story of Charlie Bold, who needs to regain her confidence and kick start her life a bit. She had completely lost her confidence, and for someone working in radio, has stage fright and can't speak on a microphone.

When her station forces her to relocate to Swansea, and aren't exactly honest about her new role, it is time for her to sink or swim. With the help of Delme who she has only just met, things start happening for Charlie, slowly at first, and then wow she is one fabulous woma
Rachel Bridgeman
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Charlie Bold is an enigma-a radio host without a voice, who exists as a running joke on the station she works at. Something horrific, something catastrophic has led her to be mute whenever she goes near a mic BUT knowing she was on borrowed time she has limited options. When those options are leave, be transferred or reapply for a speaking role, she finds herself backed into a corner.

So she moves to Swansea, to Sunshine FM where she mistakenly believes she will be an associate presenter-turns ou
Karen Whittard
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is just beautiful and I loved every feel good minute of it. A book that is guaranteed to put a great big smile on your face. This should be on every chicklit and romance fans reading list for next year. Loved it.
Karen wadey
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a delightful book this is, the struggles that many of the characters have to overcome is the main point of this story. You can really sympathise with all the people who's stories we get caught up in. I will definitely seek out this author again.
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

I have no idea how I am going to do Laura Kemp's novel justice with my review. I mean, really, the book literally does bring you sunshine, so my words saying how much I loved the story aren't going to win against sunshine, now are they?

Well, I've said it already so I may as well cement the fact that yes, I did indeed LOVE 'Bring Me Sunshine', what with its uplifting storyline, flawed and fabulous characters, and humour
Anne
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bring Me Sunshine is Charlotte Bold's story, and begins as she learns that her job at a London local radio station is no more. She's offered the chance of a transfer, and as Charlotte really needs a job, she has no choice but to accept.
The new job is in Wales, at Sunshine FM. In Wales! Far far away from the hustle and bustle of London, and her friends, and her boyfriend. Charlotte's very fragile; her self confidence is at rock bottom and having to leave everything that makes her feel a tiny bit
Agi
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Charlotte Bold is one for planning and structure, spontaneous doesn't work in her dictionary. She's rather happy with her quiet life in London, with her traffic updates radio job, her friends and her boyfriend. Maybe, but only maybe, it could be a little much better if she could get over her fear of speaking on the radio - a bit embarrassing, working on the radio, no? And she used to be a rising star, and she used to have ambitions. So what has happened? And what's going to happen when suddenly
Emma Crowley
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bring Me Sunshine may be the first book that I have read by Laura Kemp but it certainly won't be the last. What an absolute treat of a book she has written and one in which I was quickly sucked into the lives and trials and tribulations of all the characters. It's a brilliant, dynamic and modern story which makes up the perfect package with a radio station being the main setting situated in the seaside town of Mumbles. At last we have something different beside a café, cottage or a farm. Don't g ...more
Claire Mc Partlin
An enjoyable story set on the coast in Wales. When Charlotte Bold loses her radio job in London and is forced/persuaded by her employers into moving to a job with Sunshine FM in Mumbles, Wales, she isn't happy - but it's either that or redundancy. Charlotte had a bit of a meltdown previously (that we eventually find out about) and so has since kept her head down doing the traffic reports and keeping every part of her life under tight regimented control, being very withdrawn.

Then due to a misunde
Gayle
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
A brilliant feel good book. If you want something dead easy to read, something that will just let you escape from all the current madness then I would recommend this book. It’s a total chick lit with the usual will they won’t they love triangle and everything you expect but has a different feel to it. Loved the bumbling H&S boss. It’s an in the garden sunshine read in a day treat. ...more
Anitajt
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this story
sarah kate jones
Another beauty

Laura does it again, she has an incredible knack for keeping you reading, you are desperate to know what happens next and she will keep you guessing till the end. Fantastic relatable characters and good old romance , she is the expert at building characters, some nice ,some not so, but you will bed so upset when you finish the books you will want it to go on for ever. Thank you Laura x
Luisa A.
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is like a ray of sunshine

Light and zingy as a summer sorbet, this book is a delight. Engaging, charming characters and relatable dilemmas make it a thoroughly enjoyable read. Perfect escapism, with wonderful Welsh locations to put you in the mood for a trip to the seaside. Lush, fair play.
Alicia Wass
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book! Such easy reading and have purchased another book written by Laura. Love how it was set in Wales as really missing Wales currently and really hoping I will still be able
to visit this summer after reading this book.
Emma Snow
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful story about a women who discovers herself and love in the place she least expected. Following the turbulent ups a downs of her self discovery and that of those around her trying to negotiate life and all it's obstacles.. This story really does bring you sunshine! =)
Karen Smillie
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this so much! Made me long even more for the summer! I absolutely loved Delme and Charlie. Fab story! Very feel good with just enough drama to make this a fun filled read! Can’t recommend enough.
Claire Watson
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Bring Me Sunshine. Such a nice heartwarming read that will appeal to all. I read this in a couple of days and loved every page of it.

Thank you to NetGalley, Orion Publishing Group and the author for the chance to review.
Debra
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Laura. I thoroughly enjoyed your book. It brought back many memories of when I visited Swansea and the Mumbles in the early 90s. It was a fabulous story and I loved the characters.
J E Garvey
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect,uplifting, holiday reading!

Thoroughly enjoyed getting to know all these characters,who I feel are my best friends now. COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN!! best holiday read ever!
Gloria Mitchell
Jan 11, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A different story than I thought it would be Found it rather slow going
Lorraine
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charlotte Bold, Charlie to her friends, is the traffic reporter at a London radio station. She works in the background and that suits her fine. It wasn’t always like that for Charlie but that’s another story that she’s totally avoiding. When the radio station transfers her to Sunshine FM in Wales she treats it as a temporary step until she can get back to London.

Arriving at the radio station in Mumbles ready to take on the traffic and travel Charlie discovers she’s hired to host the evening show
Kris Mayer

• Poppy's Recipe for Life
  • A Vintage Summer
  • A Summer to Remember
  • The Christmas Wish List
  • A Perfect Cornish Summer (Porthmellow Harbour #1)
  • One Last Greek Summer
  • Coming Home to Glendale Hall
  • The Secret Seaside Escape
  • Foxglove Farm (Love Heart Lane, #2)
  • Summer at the Kindness Cafe
  • The Cornish Cream Tea Bus (The Cornish Cream Tea Bus)
  • Let It Snow
  • A Perfect Cornish Christmas
  • The Little Village Library
  • A Summer Reunion: the perfect escapist summer read for 2019
  • A Home From Home
  • The Little Village of Happiness
Laura Kemp writes tender but hilarious romantic comedies which are unashamed love letters to the everywoman.
Her uplifting message - based on the notion that everything is research apart from the rude bits - is 'You Don't Know How Brilliant You Are!'.
A journalist who has written for The Guardian, The Daily Mail and The Sun amongst others, she is married with a son in Cardiff, where she pretends to

News & Interviews