Start by marking “A Merry Navidad: 4 Latino Christian Novellas” as Want to Read:
A Merry Navidad: 4 Latino Christian Novellas

A Merry Navidad: 4 Latino Christian Novellas

La Familia Es Todo -- Kathi Macias -- A large, once-close family that has drifted apart for various reasons. Will their longtime tradition of making tamales on Christmas Eve be enough to bring them back together?
Navidad & Familia -- Allison K. García -- When a blizzard traps the Campana family in their trailer on Christmas Eve with no electricity, internet, gifts, or
Published November 13th 2018 by KDP

To ask other readers questions about A Merry Navidad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Merry Navidad

Brittany
My review is for two of the four stories in this collection. One is a short story and the other is a novella. I enjoyed them both.

A Tamale Christmas by Linda K. Rodante – This story did a great job of capturing the feeling of being on a college campus. I really felt for both of these main characters. Jessica juggled being a student and a single mom, while Manny was a new student to campus. I enjoyed the way Manny was able to teach many of the other students about his Christmas traditions. Manny
Toni Shiloh
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
In La Familia Es Todo, the theme of family is very strong. I loved seeing how they came together over tamales (my stomach growled while reading). In fact, I can’t wait to go home (Texas) for Christmas and have some now. 🙂

In Navidad & Familia, Allison K. Garcia gets to the importance of Christmas and why we believers celebrate it. I loved it and it gave me food for thought (no pun intended).

Linda K. Rodante’s A Tamale Christmas might have been my favorite in the collection. There was a lot to
Josette
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I'm pretty new to almost everything in this book collection's title: Latino fiction, Christian fiction, and novellas. But since I know one of the authors and received an early copy to review, I gave it a shot. And I think everyone else should too! With a little something for everyone, I think this book of Latino Christian Christmas stories is likely to fill any Scrooge with the Christmas spirit.

These stories offer moving and meaningful glimpses into the lives of Latinos living in America and the
Sherry Ledet
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a 4 book set for Christmas. I seldom read books under 200 pages but Linda K Rodante is a favorite author of mine, and afterall it is nearly Christmas. I read A Tamale Christmas first and liked it a lot.
Jessica Saltare attends a small Christian College. She meets a young Hispanic man at the end of the semester, and she is pregnant. Quite a surprise for Emmanuel Rodriguez to find a pretty unmarried pregnant student going to school here.
At the beginning of the next semester he sees her aga
Connie
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A collection of culinary treats (recipes), Christ-centered plots, and compelling relationships. Each story, like a Christmas cookie, has it own flavor, beauty, and warmth—It’s food for the soul. Navidad & Familia stands out with its down-to-earth, hectic family whose once-loving connection has been strangled by the cords of cell phones, video games, and iPads. When their trailer’s wi-fi and batteries are lost in a snowstorm, Ama, Papi and their squabbling kids, Kayli and Alex must work toget ...more
Tracee Garner
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Beautiful tales of diversity. While there was real conflict in each story around a holiday time that can be filled with intense ideas/thoughts and personal convictions I enjoyed the diverse voices that I admittedly need to read more of; the colorful cultures and the similarities we share as humans that things we hold dear as a people and things we want out of life are universal AND connect us: family, hope, love. Great stories. I received a copy from the author(s) in exchange for an honest revie ...more
Melissa
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Merry Navidad tells the story of four Latino families at Christmas. It was interesting to see how another culture celebrates this season of our Lord's birth. The added bonus of recipes provided makes me now want to make tamales. In each of these stories, families and couples must find forgiveness, understanding, acceptance, love, faith, and the promise of something more. They find their faith tested and their family ties strained.
La Familia Es Todo by Kathi Macias. A once close family has dri
Glenda Parker
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My review today is on the Christmas Romance, A Tamale Christmas. This book was sent to me to read it. I am not required to review it but this is a great story and I want to share it with you. The story is well written; it will make you laugh and it will make you cry but it will touch your heart. I know you will love it.

Jessica Saltare is discouraged the last day of school. Everyone seems to be judging her; alone and pregnant isn't a good thing in a Christian college. A new man was thinking of tr
Jessica Alvarado
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes a good Christmas read
La a Familia es Todo, by Kathi Macias, was short and sweet. You got to love cozy endings 🙂 .

Navidad & Familia by Allison K. Garcia, has such an important message it had me reflecting on my own life and family. Have we forgotten the meaning of Christmas? Is technology overcoming our family time? The creative ways the Campana family deals with their Christmas mishap will surely bring a smile to your face! 👐

A Tamale Christmas, by Linda K. Rodante highlights how different cultures celebrate Chri
Alex Castro
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very insightful stories that give you a glimpse of what Christmas means to different people. Each novella has a beautiful meaning behind it, as well as a good look into Latino/Christian culture. A very neat feature is the recipe’s listed throughout the read. The novellas along with the recipes really get you into the Christmas spirit! Anyone seeking expansion beyond their own Christmas tradition and insights must give this a read!
Marlene
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet read that looks at what Christmas means to different people. Each author takes a look at what Christmas means to the people in their story. The characters all examine their lives, their beliefs, and how they act towards others as Christmas approaches. Recipes are included for food mentioned in each story.
Allison Garcia
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Tamar
Delores Liesner
Dec 13, 2018
Michelle
Dec 14, 2018
Allison K. Garcia holds a full-time job as a Licensed Professional Counselor, but she has wanted to be a writer ever since she could hold a pencil. A member of American Christian Fiction Writers, she connected to her regional ACFW and is the head of the ACFW Shenandoah Valley chapter. She is also a member of Shenandoah Valley Writers and regularly hosts online writing events.

Allison has completed