Start by marking “The Stone Cold Truth” as Want to Read:
The Stone Cold Truth

The Stone Cold Truth

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  1,563 Ratings  ·  66 Reviews
He's wrestled under many names but to the fans he is and will always be Stone Cold Steve Austin™. His quick wit and colorful use of language combined with his everyman character captured the hearts of fans worldwide and rewrote the dynamics of professional wrestling forever. Steve's ability inside the ring and his quick-witted responses lead to his becoming one of the most ...more
Published October 1st 2004 by World Wrestling Entertainment (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Stone Cold Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stone Cold Truth

Have a Nice Day! by Mick FoleyA Lion's Tale by Chris JerichoHitman by Bret HartFoley is Good by Mick FoleyUndisputed by Chris Jericho
Best Wrestling Books
207 books — 113 voters
Have a Nice Day! by Mick FoleyUndisputed by Chris JerichoA Lion's Tale by Chris JerichoCheating Death, Stealing Life by Eddie GuerreroHitman by Bret Hart
51 books — 12 voters

More lists with this book...

Andy Carrington
An entertaining read when sat on the shitter for long periods of the day.

And that's the bottom line.
J.W. Dionysius Nicolello
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I suppose, even if just for a day, or a week, it is possible to possess too many good books for one's own good. In saying this I mean that there are too many options and it becomes a neurological crisis. After finally getting around to Arno Schmidt, Zola, and Saint Augustine, I ended up unable to process rational thoughts, fed self through tube, and 'Hit the Bottle.'

As I hit the bottle, weeping over my shattered attention span and my friend trapped in Martial Law in Thailand, I found myself actu
Jul 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Opening Line: "Damn, I think I’m dying, dying for sure."

Or what you'll read when you're bored and trapped at a fishing cabin without power

Okay first off this is not my usual reading fare (the cartoon skull at the beginning and end of each chapter should have clued me in) I’m not a Wrestling fan, I only knew who Stone Cold Steve Austin was because he was everywhere in the late 90’s and I have two younger brothers. In going over this book for my review I realized it was going to be very hard not
Oct 31, 2007 rated it it was ok
Shelves: biography-memoir
A disappointment. Written as more of a conversation than a bio- or auto-biography, I did not care for the writing style. I also did not care for the way he referred vaguely to certain incidents as if I should know exactly what he is talking about. Perhaps I should, but lets be honest, not everyone is a psycho fan, and I'm a girl, dammitt! It was interesting, but I had a hard time getting over the poor writing.
Luke Koran
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Welcome to the world of one of the greatest sport entertainers known to man, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin! However, don't get your hopes up too high. Much like Brock Lesnar - in both his wrestling persona and his own autobiography published in 2012 - "Stone Cold" is a relatively private, softly-spoken man. Shocking, I know, especially when compared to the boisterous nature of his iconic "Texas Rattlesnake" character that graced WWE for a decade. Though he may be more outspoken and prone to sharing ...more
Austin Bailey
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Stone Cold Truth, by Steve Austin is a autobiography. The book mostly takes about is life as a wrestler and how he became one if the most famous wrestler of all times. Stone Cold tells all the bad and good things about being a wrestler and what you have to do if you want to become one. The things I like about the book are that it makes you want to turn the page.
May 01, 2014 rated it liked it
A little boring even for a hardcore stone cold fan, steve (as anyone who saw his hall of fame acceptance speech knows) doesn't like to say too much, unlike a lot of other wrestlers steve doesn't have a god complex and sees himself as a simple cog in a big system, this is a likeable attitude to have but unfortunately it doesn't make for the best book as steve brushes over major events and tends to play things down rather than up, before you know it you've just read the autobiography of the bigges ...more
Jan 14, 2008 rated it it was ok
I thought that Stone Cold Steve Austin didn't do a great job with this memoir. Overall, I really thought we was going into the life and stuggle of Stone Cold... but we didn't. I believe that He could've done a much better job with taking his audience in the in's and out's of the life as a WWF/E wrestler. 2 out of 5 overall.
Chris Judd
Dec 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was a great read.
I really enjoyed the way that Steve talk about growing up in teas, and how he started out as a wrestler. I will never put this book down, and I wouldn't mind reading it again.
Apr 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Good for any fan of wrestling and Stone Cold.
Michael Parsons
Aug 16, 2017 rated it liked it
A good read but as for the title (The Stone Cold Truth) that might be a stretch as there things he can't & won't talk about due to legal ramifications.
Also not sure how much of a necessary read this book if you are a regular listener to the Steve Austin Podcast.
John Taylor
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
It didn't take long to realise that this was going to be one of those Autobiographies that didn't spill the beans . While I found it mildly interesting I know Steve Williams has a lot more to spill. It's a WWE backed book so therefore he was limited to what he could say .
Jose Urena
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sports
A must read for any wrestling fan.
Nakul Dashora
Apr 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Stone Cold" Steve Austin's autobiography, "The Stone Cold Truth" details the life and career of one of the biggest icons in professional wrestling history. Overall, it's a great look at the life and times of one of America's most popular entertainers.

Like any autobiography, the book discusses Austin's childhood growing up in Texas where he discusses growing up with his brothers. He talks about his family, his love of sports and just growing up in general including his first relationship with his
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
In the summer of 1996 wrestling megastar Hulk Hogan ditched the red and yellow, cursed Hulkamania, put on some black and white tights, renamed himself "Hollywood Hogan" and turned heel (bad guy.) It was a pretty high risk move considering how he helped make the business by being a good guy, but it worked and it paid off handsomely. WCW became the biggest wrestling company in the world and almost ran WWE (then WWF) to the ground. WWE played its last card, a most unusual at the time, a plain-looki ...more
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read the book The Stone Cold Truth by Steve Austin. The authors purpose in writing the book The Stone Cold Truth is to entertain and inform us about Steve's outstanding career in professional wrestling. Steve Austin tells his own story and starts where it all began. Steve was born in Austin Texas on December 18 1964.
The author's style in the book is a narrative and description. the book is the story of Steve Austin's life. They began with his birth and write to the point of where Steve Austin
Professional Wrestler "Stone Cold" Steve Austin goes in-depth about his career and personal life. Unfortunately this book isn't directly written by Austin (now his legal name), but put together from a series of interviews, so the "voice" isn't always there, but all in all this was an interesting and worth-while read. Austin talks about his family life and going to college on a full-ride football scholarship, where he first considered getting into pro wrestling. He illustrates the dangers of brea ...more
Nov 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: wrestling
The book did a good job of going over Steve Austin's entire career, which helped me piece together some answers to questions I had while watching the Attitude Era of WWE. Learning the true story behind such things as his real life injuries is welcome, since the Attitude Era did such an excellent job of blending reality and fantasy. It was also very interesting to see how so many WWE stars are connected even before reaching WWE.

Some chapters seem a little tacked on, such as a short chapter about
David Moroff
This book teaches life lessons. This book teaches life lessons because it shows that if you have drive and desire you can accomplish amazing things. In the book Steve Austin saw wrestling matches in a city in Texas and he decided that he wanted to join professional wrestling. To achieve this dream Steve had to go to wrestling school which cost a lot of money so he had to live off of canned tuna and potatoes because that was all he could afford. This shows that with drive and desire amazing thing ...more
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I don't normally read biographies because they seem too formal, and they don't catch my interest. But I saw this book on a shelf in a thrift store, and since I am a fan of the WWE, I took a chance on it. I'm glad I did! I read this book, and it was more like I was just listening to a friend talk to me than I was reading a biography. If anyone is a fan of the WWE, I would definately recomend giving this a read!
Sep 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was a good book about Stone Cold Steve Austin and a good autobiography in general. I think the author's purpose was to inform people about him and everything dealing with Stone Cold. I think the theme was basically to do what you want to do. I think it was a description of him and I thought it was really effective for it. So I thought this was a great book about Stone Cold.
Victor Orozco
Jun 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very Good. Austin tells a very good telling of his life. My guess is Dennis Brent is a ghostwriter who does his best to incorporate Austin who is pretty much a laid back guy who I imagine wouldn't spend his days writing this book himself. Austin just comes off as a very strong, methodical man definitely not the type of guy who is role-model type but the type of guy you would enjoy a few(scratch that, many) beers. B
Tim Dunn
Aug 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Nothing spectacular in this book....some interesting stories about him breaking into the business, but I wouldn't run out and buy it (again), perhaps if he so chooses, he may write another book in a half dozen years or something, and maybe then we'll get a more interesting story of what should be an interesting individual.
Aug 21, 2007 rated it it was ok
very, very lame memoir, which was over-hyped, and was supposed to have the "truth" about his domestic violence incident and some other stuff, but only says that due to legal concerns, he can't clarify those situations... i wasn't happy about that... meanwhile, i still love Stone Cold LOLOL...
May 24, 2010 rated it really liked it

Hey, you either like Stone Cold or you don't. Not as great a back story of the wrestling scene as some others I've read, but still pretty fascinating. Very unlikely success story for a guy who would otherwise probably be digging ditches for a living.
Sarah Friedland
Ok, too early for anything good.

One of those I wrote my memoirs before I ended my career. All the good story lines were missed. Pullman's house,Owen Hart was mentioned. Monday night wars and his part.
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Stone Cold's book. I could tell it was written by him and could easily hear his voice in my head. I am a huge Stone Cold fan and would recommend this book for any other Stone Cold Fans.
Feb 09, 2011 rated it it was ok
Meh, it's just ok
Barry Reynolds
Dec 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
a great autobiography giving a true insight into the world of professional wrestling and the impact the sport has on the wrestlers involved.
Vicky Lynn
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
cause stone cold said so.........
  • Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story
  • Lita: A Less Traveled R.O.A.D.--The Reality of Amy Dumas
  • It's True! It's True!
  • Are We There Yet?: Tales from the Never-Ending Travels of WWE Superstars
  • It's Good to Be the King...Sometimes
  • Batista Unleashed (Wwe)
  • Hollywood Hulk Hogan
  • The Rock Says
  • Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling
  • A Lion's Tale: Around the World in Spandex
  • Foley is Good: And the Real World is Faker Than Wrestling
  • Controversy Creates Cash
  • The Road Warriors: Danger, Death, and the Rush of Wrestling
  • Sex, Lies, and Headlocks: The Real Story of Vince McMahon and the World Wrestling Federation

Nonfiction Deals

$7.24 $1.99
  • Priceless: How I Went Undercover to Rescue the World's Stolen Treasures
  • Decoded
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Man Called Intrepid: The Incredible True Story of the Master Spy Who Helped Win World War II
    $14.99 $1.99