Start by marking “The Wish Collector” as Want to Read:
The Wish Collector

The Wish Collector

New Orleans, a city of mystery and magic, of secrets and dreams, and a history drenched in both love and the deepest of heartache.

Published November 26th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Wish Collector, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wish Collector

Christy
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-four-stars
4.5 stars!!

description

Mia Sheridan has written another exquisitely beautiful, emotional, and stunning romance. This one grabbed me from the start and not only did the present romance captivate me, but I was also pulled in by the past. Each story was interesting and made me fall in love. This story had so many feels and felt like a lot of Mia's older books that I love so much.

Clara Campbell is a ballerina who is new to NOLA. She is slowly making friends with her neighbors, but spends most of her time danc
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
Update:12/5/18

Well, what do you know? Since I was fed up by people talking shit about me and taking digs at me in their reviews saying how I was giving misleading info and how I didn’t have any right to rate a book because I didn’t finish. I got news for those people. I did finish it.

Even if hero was set up does it makes it alright that he still deliberately defended someone that he wasn’t positive if he was guilty or not of rape and murder?

Author wanted to redeemed the hero in some way. He
Bibi
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Phew. I have a headache from those liquid things rolling down my face.

Two stories intertwined
Four lives
One Truth

I railed at the injustices, cried, and nearly threw my kindle against the wall, but at the end, the truth came to light. Sheridan wove a story that is as melancholic as it is euphoric, and to those who might be tempted to judge this story based on the first half, don’t. This is a multilayered and gripping story about Truth, Love, and Redemption.
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
So good, a retake on beauty and the beast, once started I was hooked, so unique, couldn't put it down. Crazy love this authors words. Highly recommend..
Sophia Triad
So, this book is like a riddle and it is intriguingly complicated.

For me, it starts like the “Devil's Advocate” movie. Jonah has to make a decision and deep down he knows it will be the wrong decision, but he is too cocky to refuse it:

You’re choosing a path here, Jonah.
But he’d already chosen it. There was nothing to be done now.

Then, there is a bit of New Orleans’s magic, mystery and legends:

“Do you know why it’s called the weeping wall?”
“It’s said that the wall weeps tears for the heartbreak
Olga therebelreader
5 +++ Stars #hands-down favorite

A beautiful story and a beautiful cover to boot! Due to the blurb and the gorgeous cover, I was very anxious to read The Wish Collector and let me tell you, it certainly did not disappoint!

Jonah suffers from horrific scars. He’s a tortured soul. He now lives an isolated life at Windisle Plantation, a sugar plantation that was built more than 200 years ago. A site in New Orleans which is rumored to be sacred, cursed, even haunted. Clara is a sweet, loving ballet
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was AMAZING (as is the cover). I'd love to see it made into a movie! The setting was amazing. I loved the whole "Beauty and The Beast meets The Phantom Of The Opera" theme. The touch of magical realism was amazing. The secondary characters were amazing. Jonah was AMAZING. Clara was amazing. The ending had me crying like a baby. I usually do not like slow burns, and this one was S-L-O-W burn to the extreme, but it worked perfectly. I can't recommend this one highly enough.

And just an F
Mads
Jan 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: meh
It was okay, not bad, just okay!!!!

description

When ballet dancer Clara Campbell arrives in New Orleans, lonely and homesick, she is immediately captivated by the story of Windisle Plantation and the tragic tale that is said to have transpired beyond its gate. Legend has it that it is abandoned by all living souls, but to Clara’s great surprise, it is not a ghost she hears thr
may ❀
i was really excited to read this book when i read the blurb bc it sounded so precious. modern inspired story of beauty and the beast?? epic

sadly, it was not.

usually, im not too critical with insta-love, it doesn't bother me all that much bc i can find it somewhat believable (in MOST books) but in this book it was just SO over the top. the insta-love was so instantaneous, they were beyond help after their FIRST meeting (AND THEY DIDNT EVEN SEE EACH OTHER)

GIVE US SOME BUILD UP PLEASE

still, i he
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Live Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2DXY081

💙5 unique stars💙

I have happy tears in my eyes!!Im so in love with this story.The Wish Collector was mesmerizing the plot captivating and the writing was exquisite.

description

The characters were well developed and the romance so unique that will linger in my thoughts for a long time to come!

This story is so brilliant, Mia Sheridan did an amazing job with this one.This is an unforgettable story, it goes to my top favorite reads for this year!

Debbie Oliphant
I wanted to love this book. The first quarter of the story was a good start with anticipation of a build up of the storyline. I felt like there was a mash up of stories or a modern day Phantom of the Opera. I do enjoy this authors writing style and I know this release will be embraced by many, but it just wasn't my favorite
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
****3.5 STARS****

I would give The Wish Collector by Mia Sheridan 4 STARS (maybe) if it wasn’t written in the third person. I’m not a fan of that at all. That’s just a person preference.

I never felt an attachment to either character. The heroine’s storyline was a bit “blah” to me. She wasn’t interesting at all. Our hero’s backstory and current position was somewhere in the middle for me entertainment wise. It was also a bit far-fetched to be labeled into a romance story.

Reme
Katy Regnery
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just finished THE WISH COLLECTOR by Mia Sheridan and people? This is one gorgeous, sweeping, epic American love story. I could feel the hot, spicy New Orleans breeze on my cheeks as I read each word...and picture Windisle Plantation, the center of so much true love and heartbreak, in all of its former-glory, old-world charm.

There are two love stories inside THE WISH COLLECTOR, and I loved them equally.

A modern-day mash-up of “Beauty and the Beast” and “Phantom of the Opera,” with its fairyta
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Clara Campbell is a midwestern girl from Ohio. She’d been dancing since she was four, and her dreams of becoming a professional ballerina come true when she joins the New Orleans Ballet. Alone in a new city she feels homesick. Then she learns of the local attraction at Windisle Plantation. She’s drawn to the tragic tale and history of a couple from years ago that were plagued by heartbreak and misery. The myth of their ghosts and the stone wall where people left
Princess under cover
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Now this is the type of contemporary romance that's sorely missing from the world! I am happy to have found it on KU. Bless KU for providing a couple of gems amidst a number of duds.

This book makes you believe in magic. The magic of love and healing and curses lifted and wrongs being righted.

It uses the Beauty and Beast trope (which I adore) and has both a sympathetic B and b. I didn't even mind there wasn't a lot of steamy hot sex! It was a LOVE story! And a well-told one.

Bravo!
Carol
3.5 stars.🌟🌟🌟

I really wanted to love this more but it felt like there was just too many storylines competing and fighting for my attention and interest as a reader....... it really did my "head" in.
What we have here is a combination of a historical tragedy and part mystery dating back to "The Civil War" that needs to be solved as well as a modern day romance with almost "Phantom of the Opera" overtones.
All of this is then set in the Deep South (New Orleans) with little touches of light and dark
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
PUC has redeemed herself (the second time?) by recommending me this book. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Lots of layers. H/h are like Beauty and the Beast - he of the scarred hero who's damaged both inside and outside and she of the beautiful ballerina (literally) whose inside matches her outside.

It starts off fast and it doesn't really slow down. Not that there's all that much mystery or action. There's nothing in the plot that's unpredictable. VERY predictable. But you're not reading it for suspense
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-favorites
Beautiful!! What a magnificent book! Full review coming soon.
Brittany
4 Stars!!
🌟🌟🌟🌟

“I believe everyone deserves grace, Clara. What you will have to ask yourself is if you should offer that grace from near or from afar. Offering grace does not mean offering your heart. That, my darlin’, must be protected at all cost.”

This was such a fun and dreamy read. It takes place in New Orleans, and I got to read it this week while in New Orleans. That made it so worth it! Everything, all the culture and sights from the book came to life.

Clara- a ballet dancer, gets the sh
Wil Loves Books!
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: Third Person
Rating:

Clara Campbell moved to New Orleans to pursue her lifelong dream as a ballerina. Alone and sad, she was drawn to the magic and mystery of a local tragic love story - a fascination that led her to a very private man.

Jonah Chamberlain sequestered himself at the infamous Windisle Plantation. Years gone by while he hid behind the crumbling wall until he met someone who made him crave what he lost. As they tried to solve mystery of
Ramona
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was in a bad reading slump for 3 weeks. It was awful and I couldn’t get to like any book which crossed by path. “The Wish Collector” was on my Kindle for several days and yesterday, on a lazy Sunday morning, I decided to give is a try, because we are talking about Mia Sheridan here😊

I can’t describe how much I loved the book, how emotionally I got while reading it and how incredible touched I was by the characters and the plot. Being a “Mia maniac” I compared it with various of her books. If yo
Anja H.
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
*4.25 ENCHANTING STARS*

“You have faith in your own worth and the world won’t matter.”

Mia Sheridan did it again! Such a magical and moving tale of true love! (And by magical I mean actually involving some magic)
I enjoyed this immensely, despite sometimes being a bit too cheesy and maybe over the top? Anyway, I couldn't get this book out of my head the rare moments I wasn't reading it!

I loved the bit of mystery and the switching between past and present.
Ari
4.25 perfectly flawed stars.

Check out my full review at Readin' Under Street-Lamps.

Although I wouldn’t really categorize this book as paranormal, it did seem entirely too magical at times to be something borne in reality, and Mia’s writing is a caricature of it’s own. I hadn’t read a book of her’s in a long long time, and to me personally, it was like a cold water to my face- a remainder that there are all these authors so brilliantly talented in the art of story telling, and that I was reading
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Love makes a place for itself even if there isn’t one, Mama. Love carves into the hardest of places.”

4 romantic stars

I’ve always loved Mia Sheridan’s stories but it’s been some time since I’ve read one of her books. You know how it is shiny new books and all.

When I spotted The Wish Collector on Instagram I was immediately drawn to the cover, so different from her other covers so far.

Yes yes I know don’t judge a book by its cover and all but what can I say? When you know that people take 1
Betül
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

"For now they were just a boy and a girl, sitting on opposite sides of a wall, a layer of thick stone between them, but their hearts connected nonetheless. And for now, he would enjoy the moments they had."

First of all I want to say that I absolutely love the cover and title of this book. It is beautiful and magical, and I think it fits this book perfectly. "The Wish Collector is the story of shame and triumph, of loneliness and love, and
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Stunning. Eloquent. Heart breaking. Poignant. Ethereal. Heart warming.

The Wish Collector turned out to be a mash-up of several themes that the author was able to not only keep track of, but was able to turn it into something beautiful. Jonah was damaged. His brother came to him, asked him to choose, and warned him that the path he was on would lead him nowhere good. Jonah didn't listen and his life became one of tragedy. Burdened by his sins, riddled with remorse, he became a recluse, hiding fro
CC
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it

Clara Campbell is a ballet dancer that has recently relocated to New Orleans. Sincere and kind, Clara sets out to make friends and in the process she learns of an old curse placed upon two star-crossed lovers who lived in the mid 1860s. In her effort to discover more, she gets to know the one man that may be able to provide more than just answers to her questions.

“Mm-hmm. You’ve been in New Orleans for a couple of months now. You haven’t heard of the weeping wall?”

Jonah Chamberlain was raised
Rachel
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
⭐⭐⭐⭐

This unique, enchanting story was a delight. The cover art is cute, the characters were likeable and the story was engaging.

Mia Sheridan has a special talent for making me enjoy experiencing heartbreak - I just know I’m going to be in for an emotional read whenever I start one of her books. The Wish Collector was no exception to this and definitely won’t be the last book of hers I read.

Curlyhairlass19
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again Mia Sheridan has blown me away with this amazing read!! She really went outside of her comfort zones with this story, and pushed beyond anything she’s done before. I’m not going to spoil, but it was such an honor being able to Beta read on this one. I can’t wait to read it again!!

• Getaway Girl (Girl, #1)
  • One Summer in Italy
  • Long Live the Beautiful Hearts (Beautiful Hearts, #2)
  • Running Barefoot
  • Tragic (Lark Cove, #3)
  • Risky Business
  • The Surviving Trace (Surviving Time, #1)
  • Slave to the Rhythm (The Rhythm, #1)
  • Brown Eyed Ghoul (Peyton Clark #3)
  • Mists of the Serengeti
  • Dark Duet: Platinum Edition (Dark Duet, #1-3.5)
  • Midnight Hunter
  • If I Return (The 12 NA's of Christmas)
  • The Simple Wild (Wild, #1)
  • Kidnapped by a Rogue (The Douglas Legacy, #3)
  • Miss February (Calendar Girl Duet, #1)
  • Going Dark (The Lost Platoon, #1)
  • Breath on Embers
“You have faith in your own worth and the world won’t matter.” 6 likes
“I suppose you’ve got your own piece of advice for me too, old man?” “Yeah. Get your daggum shit together.” 3 likes