Start by marking “Twisted Sacrament” as Want to Read:
Twisted Sacrament

Twisted Sacrament

Dark. Depraved. Sacrilegious.
Each shocking story from these bestselling, dark authors will deform a holy sacrament into a sensually wicked taboo.
There is no sanctuary, no light - only darkness - a deep, clawing horror.
The blood of the innocent will be shed in a twisted perversion of all you hold dear.
You will search in vain for a happy ending.
This is your only
Published October 31st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Twisted Sacrament, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twisted Sacrament

Start your review of Twisted Sacrament
Sophia Triad
A collection of dark, blasphemous stories with ambiguous endings most of them writen by women authors. A strong stomach will be needed in order to digest.

Lilith’s Revenge By Zoe Blake - 4 stars
A new priest is tortured and tempted by a female demon and questions his faith to God and his true calling. What is true and what is an illusion? The truth hides in their names: Samael and Lilith.
Very good story!

Last Rites By Alta Hensley - 2 stars
An illness has spread in the world and most people have
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
42749822_337651390330588_3776142499198089286_n

So Twisted Sacrament: is an Anthology of wretched warped wonders straight from the unnatural imaginings of some of my most favourite authors.
I myself was lucky enough to receive an Arc of Addison Cain's contribution to this mix "She Came Before God."
As the story unfolded I watched with an almost Awe-filled sense of such morbid curiosity.
Lulled at first into a misplaced sense of complicity it quickly became apparent that things here were not what they seemed and so very far from anyone's norm.
and
MeaganCM
Aug 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
I can't find this anywhere >.<
what do I have to do to get a copy??????????????
Jill
Dec 06, 2018 rated it liked it
3.75 Stars
Timitra
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Communion by Celia Aaron

Communion lulls you into a false sense of security at first then it's depraved edges start to fray disabusing you of that initial notion. I loved every single minute of this dark short story. Even though I saw the twist coming it still brought me such glee, I thought it was bloody brilliant. I highly recommend it.

ARC provided by author in exchange for a honest review
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Last Rites by Alta Hensley
There a pandemic on Earth, The Itch infection or Cinderella Disease has spread far and wide. People are turning into blood sucking zombies- Scratchers
A throng of people swarmed the streets , blood frothing out of their open wounds , ragged tears in their skin from scratching that brought no relief. I knew in that moment, it was the beginning of the end.

description

They band together and try to find The Church, a place which shall give them a path to afterlife: The Salvation.
Yolanda Olson
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Say Yes by Ashleigh Giannoccaro.
This review is based solely on this story.

I swear to God.
I think she's trying to end me with her words.

Okay so this is from the CULTured world and I was lucky enough to get a sneak peek at what's going down. Everything fits even though it shouldn't in standard society. Basically I wouldn't want to meet up with this cult. It's hard to review this without giving away spoilers, but I will say that I absolutely loved one particular scene as I personally have never
Badh
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OK, when you get a bunch of authors who write dark anyway and give them the freedom to write the most twisted and sacrilegious stories ever, you get this book. And yeah, that's exactly what you get.

Addison Cain-She Comes Before God

I mean, wow, I don't even know what to say about this one. It's haunting and twisted and stuck with me for hours and hours. It disturbed me in ways I didn't know that I could be disturbed. But you know what? I loved it. It was perfectly Addison Cain. It made me want
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Seven layers of depravity, each author brings their own brand of darkness, a must read for the sick and twisted. I met a few new authors and enjoyed some of my favorites within this book, all kinds of wicked to be gobbled up. I highly recommend you heed the warnings. If you're like me, you'll love every story as much as the last.

I can't choose a favorite, I wouldn't try. The first book by Zoe Blake makes you think, a brain play. Well, played.

Alta Hensley brings horror and depravity to the next
Karen - Kazza's Books Blog
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my review for Say Yes by Ashleigh Giannoccaro....

I love it when Ashleigh delves into the darkness and brings us a fantastically disturbing novella.

This story takes place from A Lump Of Coal/CULTured series. So we get a glimpse at a couple of side characters Ezra and Vashti.

Ezra is deep seated within the cult and as time progressed he is forced to take action with his own future and standing within the cult and amongst his elders.

Vashti is sweet, innocent and raised by nuns within a
Gab
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
SHE CAME BEFORE GOD, by ADDISON CAINE
This story made me glad I'm an atheist!
I've always known that the dark underbelly of holier-than-thou exists, but having it put into words so mesmerizing, brings that belief uncomfortably, hypnotically into focus.
Goose flesh and the need to shower long and hot!

BAPTIZED IN EDEN, by JENNIFER BENE
A travesty of holiness, women suffering unimaginable horrors, inflicted by so called priests. One of them is picked out as special, used and abused, only to be revived
Cécile Smits
By all that is unholy,this was a twisted story!
I was lucky enough to get a chance at reading the ARC of Lilith’s Revenge by Zoe Blake and i can’t wait to read the other stories. Because if they’re even a little bit as good as Zoe’s,i need,really need,to read those as well!

I’m not going to say too much,only that not all is what it seems to be. For Samuel and for Lilith. What plays out where and who does what,it most certainly leaves you wondering what happened.
I absolutely loved it!
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
She Came Before God by Addison Cain

I'll be honest, I struggled with how to rate this book. I started it late last night and was so drawn into the story that I read it all, morning alarms be damned. It totally held my attention through out and is really dark, really depraved and also really well written. It had non-con, which is always a given by this author, and which, despite having no eroticism and being stomach turning at points, was fine by me.

However this particular story just wasn't for
Joy Westerfield
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Say Yes by Ashleigh Giannoccaro, is a mind blowing read! The story of Ezra and Vashti is not for the faint of heart. This is a dark story, but absolutely amazing. Vashti is a young girl who grew up in a convent with nowhere to go. Ezra met Vashti once and made a decision regarding her and nothing will get in his way. From start to finish, this authors words and descriptions of the characters kept me entranced and I read it in one sitting. I could not put it down. This is truly an incredible ...more
April Symes
This is an Anthology of dark and warped delights straight from the most extraordinary unnatural writings from some of my most favorite authors.

******

Last Rites by Alta Hensley
There a huge pandemic on Earth called The Itch infection or also known as the Cinderella Disease. It has spread very far and so wide. People are turning into things out straight outta the movies--blood sucking zombies- known as Scratchers.
The story takes the reader into a post apocalyptic world that really only has women,
Lori
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Last Rights, written by Alta Hensley, is a short story, in the Twisted Sacraments Anthology. This short was creepy, shocking and down right disturbing, but somehow I was unable to put it down. The storyline takes us to a post apocalyptic world that seems to only have women, who are trying to survive and find salvation. This story is not for the faint of heart, there is no happy ending. So, if you are looking for a short easy read that will shock you to your core and send shivers down your ...more
Darkreads
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For: She Came Before God by Addison Cain.

This is the first time that I had to take a day after reading the book before I sat down to write my review. This book definitely pushed every boundary I have. While I am usually fairly liberal with seeing romance even in the darkest of places, this book is NOT a romance in any shape of form. The events described in the book are harrowing, most of the characters are despicable, evil, or both, there is no light here only darkness lives on these pages.
Leanne
Oct 28, 2018 rated it liked it
This collection of twisted religious tales is....odd, to say the least.
There are a couple of really good stories, a couple of not so good ones and some that left me wondering what on earth goes through an author's mind to think that up!
Honestly, i spent the majority of this book with my forehead furrowed and my brain in melt down.
In all honesty im not sure what i was expecting from this anthology, some authors ive read before and adore, some ive never come across ams some ive heard of but not
Tish (Cocktails & Fairytales)
Lasts Rites by Alta Hensley: Wow! This one was so beautifully depraved and twisted. It was like a nightmare brought to life. And I loved every single page!!

Say Yes by Ashleigh Giannoccaro: A very dark & twisted story. I expected nothing less from her and yet she was still able to shock & horrify me in the best possible way.

This is a fabulous collection of stories by some of the greatest authors. I'm looking forward to reading the other stories in this anthology.
Maria
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
The fist story that I read is She Came Before God from Addison Cain.

I’m still thinking about it. I finished yesterday and had daymares and nightmares about it.

This was disturbing on so many levels. Just the thought that this or something similar could had happened some time in the past left me thinking.

This story was awfully wrong and I couldn’t stop reading it.
Shannon
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She Came Before God: oh. My. God. This story was so disturbing and all consuming. I couldn’t stop reading it. What a mind you have Addison Cain. I am grateful. I am always trapped by her words and love anything she writes. This will disturb you in the very best way. Now, I’ll definitely need to read the entire book.
Carrie Youngcourt
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Communion By Celia Aaron

First let me say this I WANT MORE!
I loved this short story about dark magic and sacrifices! Ted is a sexy and powerful and Cate is beautiful and has eyes only for Ted. Ted is power hungry and has a plan. This book was deliciously dark and held for a surprise at the end. I can only hope that we get a book out of this dark story!
Ri
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book blows my mind. I love dark and morbid things. Truly fascinates me. There is not much that can be written that pushes me to the point of return....or so I thought. This book might have found some of those buttons. I never thought that I would say that. I will keep adding to this as I read the various novellas. So far 5 for 5 for leaving me uncomfortable and finding my hard limit. 5/5 for these authors are the best of the best.

All of these authors and novellas are reminiscent of the
LaToya Toney
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
When you put seven authors that can write extremely dark stories you get an amazing Anthology. All of these stories are dark and not for the faint of heart.
Lilith's Revenge-5
Last Rites-4
Baptized In Eden-4
Communion-5
Say Yes-4
I'm Better Than You-4
She Came Before God-4
My favorite was Lilith's Revenge. I will be reading more books by Zoe Blake.
Angela
I gave this anthology 3 Stars because I liked half of the stories and half of them were not so good. My faves were Litith's Revenge, Baptized by Eden, Communion, and I'm Better than You. All the stories were disturbing, but some of them were even too much for me. And I feel like I can stomach quite a bit. Last Rites was just not a good story in my opinion. I didn't enjoy it all. Say Yes was so sick and disturbing I can't even believe I read it. The final story She Came Before God was so sick and ...more
Fridayschild2012
Frances
Sinners have a Soul too.....

SAY YES by Ashleigh Giannoccaro (5+)

This story is amazing. It's dark, it's twisted, it's omg I can't believe what I just read good. It's that story, that makes you cringe and gasp at what's happening.

Say Yes is about a group of people, that believe in what they think is right and want everyone and all to fall in line. They want to have all the blessings, but go about it the wrong way. This story is one of Ashleigh's best and happy I read it.

LILITH'S REVENGE by Zoe
Samantha
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had been dying to read this anthology since finding out about it. The paperback was gorgeous and from the time I first cracked it open, I was led down a path of total darkness. These authors certainly brought their A-game to the table.

Lilith's Revenge - This story messed with my head just as Lilith did Samael's. I was pulled in completely and was eager to see things through to the end, whichever path they would take. By the end, I was completely speechless. This short story was one wild ride!
Vanessa When Vane Reads
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Review of Communion by Celia Aaron!
English/spanish version

One of the hottest short stories I've read. You cannot miss it.

The more I read Mrs. Aaron's stories the more surprised I am, wow, this left me speechless.

This story has the typical style of the author, who manages to catch the reader from the first page, but no doubt it is something darker and erotic than normal. It's short, with a fast pace that keeps you hooked to the words from start to finish. Oh my God, it's a story full of erotic
Leslie OBrien
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy anthologies. It gives me the chance to read authors I might not normally or if it’s a new genre for me, I get a smorgasbord of stories that will quickly have me one-clicking for more. I will also admit that I’m rapidly heading down the dark path of the erotic horror genre and loving every moment of it. In this anthology, we are introduced to some twisted entertainment that unless you’re easily triggered (in which case, DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK) or easily offended (points to previous ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Catacombs (Cradle of Darkness, #0.5)
  • A Trick of the Light
  • Bite Me: A Vampire Anthology
  • Immaculate
  • Wren's Song, Collection One: Branded Captive / Silent Captive / Broken Captive
  • Broken Captive (Wren's Song, #3)
  • A Shot in the Dark (A Trick of the Light #2)
  • Cathedral (Cradle of Darkness #1)
  • Silent Captive (Wren's Song, #2)
  • Anointed
  • Stolen: The Prequel (The Taken Duet, #0.5)
  • Alpha’s Bond (The Clarity, #3)
  • Ravaged Captive (Wren's Song, #4)
  • A Night by my Fire
  • Criminal
  • When the Dark Wins
  • The White Queen
  • Omega's Deception (Omegas of Pandora, #1)
USA TODAY Bestselling Author in
Dark Romance & Horror.

There is something delicious in our desire for the corrupt, our ravenous appetite for the brutal, the profane, the unspeakable. The taboo. I write the type of books that give you a frisson of unease; that will have you questioning your own resolve as I take you on a dark ride of twists, kinks and perversions of both the flesh and mind.