Start by marking “Love, Laughter, and Luminarias” as Want to Read:
Love, Laughter, and Luminarias

Love, Laughter, and Luminarias

He has his books. She has her fandoms. They've always had their friendship. Could Christmas projects, snowball fights, and local traditions spark feelings neither knew were there?

Surprisingly successful action-suspense author Garrett Wilson is struggling to write a summer novel in December. That is, until he witnesses his best friend, Nina, chase down a shoplifter an
Published November 1st 2018 by Sandia Sky Press

To ask other readers questions about Love, Laughter, and Luminarias, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Laughter, and Luminarias

Start your review of Love, Laughter, and Luminarias
Chautona Havig
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yeah, it’s a “Christmas” book. It takes place at Christmas time, has elements of Christmas as important pieces of the plot. So what?

Let’s start with the plot of Love, Laughter, and Luminarias, shall we?

Best friends since junior high. Old hat, right? Nope. Not. Fresh, delightful—like cilantro in the best taco you’ve ever crunched into. Like pico de gallo. Like… okay. You get it. Seriously, I felt like I’d never read that trope before.

And that, my friends, is what authors should do with tropes. T
Brittany
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love, Laughter, and Luminarias was a wonderfully refreshing story full of faith, fun, and two friends who finally realized their love for each other. This novella was immensely entertaining, with playful banter between Garrett and Nina, serious discussions regarding faith in God, and sweet romance.

The length of this story was perfect for an easy Christmas read. Having spent a couple of Christmases in Albuquerque, New Mexico, I personally enjoyed the various local traditions that were woven seaml
Beth Erin
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love all the comic fandom and bookish references in this sweet story. This friends-to-romance novella is a great afternoon read for any time of year but especially heartwarming during the Christmas season.
Toni Shiloh
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book. The geekiness. The hero. The love and laughter and a taste of New Mexico I get to experience from the comfort of my home. Definitely one of my favorites of Jaycee Weaver's!
Phyllis
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun and touching story

One of my favorite romance tropes is the best friends who never realized they were in love. And I believe this is one of my favorite books to use it!

Garrett and Nina were so much fun! He was a dorky bestselling author and she was a nerdy game store manager who loved cosplay. They had adopted each other in school and never stopped being friends. I loved that I loved Nina so much because she was so different from my normal favorite heroines – at least externally.

One of my f
Sarah Monzon
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Super cute story. Just what you need to put you in the holiday spirit.
Caitlyn Santi
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story so much that when I finished it I wanted to hug my Kindle! All the hearty eyes emojis! Highly recommended! 😍😍😍😍😍
Cynthia Marcano
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute Christmas novella!
Charlotte Dance
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet and enjoyable. Very fun characters and because of their long term friendship, very believable.
Janet Sketchley
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A short, sweet, Christmas romance. I liked the characters and it was fun watching them discover love hiding in their friendship. I appreciated the faith thread, as Garrett's years of praying for Nina were answered. Nina's early prayers are funny and typical of someone talking to God and afraid she's messing up some sort of spiritual protocol. And there's a moment near the end where she's praying, and instead of dumping all her words on us the narrative gives a glimpse of her impression of God an ...more
CarolynB
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
This is a fun story about best friends. Garrett and Nina have been best friends for years. Once Nina meets Garrett’s savior, things begin to change between them.
Michelle Lunsford
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
Nice story about friends discovering romance. A fun, cozy read for the holidays.
Shannon Spray Pethoud
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this Christmas themed Christian romance. Reminds us that sometimes love is where we least expect it.
R.j.
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this

This was actually really good. I try to reserve my 5 starts for the amazing ones, but this was really good. I will have to read it again.
Sandra Hudkins
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable

Really liked this book. Liked the characters interaction. It was interesting to learn some things about helping with homes for children.
Susan Carroll
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love sparks at Christmas

Twelve years of best friends and no sparks. But when those sparks happen , there are fireworks! Sometimes true love is slow to ignite.
Lillie
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet friends-to-lovers romance that also includes a strong element of faith. An enjoyable holiday story.
Annica
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good quick, clean read.
Deena
Nov 23, 2019
Vanessa
Dec 08, 2019
Private
rated it did not like it
Jul 28, 2019
Heidi
Jul 16, 2019
Amy
Mar 31, 2019
Amy Caswell
Jul 16, 2019

• Molly (Sewing in SoCal, #1)
  • The Dating Charade
  • Star Rising (Coastal Hearts #4)
  • The Art of Rivers (Coastal Hearts #3)
  • The Trouble With Love (Faith & Fortune, #1)
  • Take a Chance on Me (A Misty River Romance #0.5)
  • Once Upon a Christmas: Contemporary Retellings of Timeless Tales
  • Second Chance at Love: Three Second Chances Sweet Romances - Reunion, Single Dad, & Fairytale Retelling (To Love and to Cherish Book 2)
  • On His Bended Knee (The Brides of Purple Heart Ranch, #1)
  • The Heart of a Hero (Global Search and Rescue, #2)
  • The Fifth Avenue Story Society
  • Start With Me
  • A Latte Difficulty (The CafFUNated Mysteries #3)
  • Always You (Murphy Brothers Story #1)
  • Not Until Forever (Hope Springs #1)
  • Jocelyn  (Sewing in SoCal, #2)
  • Hadley Beckett's Next Dish
  • Resort to Love Christian Romance Boxed Set: 4 Full length novels & one novella
A Nevada native and New Mexico transplant, Jaycee is also a wife and mother of 3. She enjoys reading, writing, singing, photography, & all things kitchen and crafty. She considers herself a recovering perfectionist, and is grateful for the grace of God that covers a multitude of eclectic hot messiness. ...more

News & Interviews