Start by marking “His Second Chance (Mountain Rescue Romance #4)” as Want to Read:
His Second Chance (Mountain Rescue Romance #4)

His Second Chance

(Mountain Rescue Romance #4)

Nothing interests Sarah Purcell more than the volcanoes she studies until she meets Dr. Cullen Gray. Maybe that’s why she marries him two days later. Illogical, yes, but nothing has ever felt so right. As the honeymoon period ends and real life sets in, everything falls apart. A year after their separation, when Sarah is injured, she’s shocked when Cullen shows up to help. ...more
Published November 22nd 2018 by Cardinal Press, LLC (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about His Second Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Second Chance

Start your review of His Second Chance (Mountain Rescue Romance #4)
Debbie DiFiore
Really didn't like the hero

This book was good but the hero and his thoughts almost ruined the book for me. As the book started his thoughts made me think he hated the heroine and I couldn't figure out why. The heroine had very low self esteem and the hero was pulling away from her so she says to him, do you want a divorce? Immediately he packs and takes off to the Hamlet and got a job, signed a year lease and filed for divorce. He couldn't wait til he could start over. He was celibate but he mis
Lu Bielefeld
3 ⭐⭐⭐ - OK decent reads.
====================
clean
Jennifer Faye
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is part of the Hood Hamlet series. I love this series! And this book did not disappoint. It was excellent and I'd highly recommend it. :-) There was excitement, danger, friendship, love and community. What isn’t there to love?

This book is about Dr. Cullen Grey. He moved to Hood Hamlet around a year ago and pretty much kept to himself. The reason for his aloofness spills out in the opening pages of this book in a very exciting, page-turning way. ;-)
MissKitty
Usually I like a good second chance story, but this one was just okay.

The couple are nice decent people. No big misunderstanding that led to their break up, no OW / OM angst... it didn’t seem to me they had a good enough reason to split up in the first place. The author tried to convey that there was a lack of communication and both parties had been holding back, but it just didn’t seem threshed out enough.

The couple had been separated for a year when the wife gets into an accident and the husba
Jonel
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a heartfelt and emotional story. McClone takes her readers deep into her characters’ lives to tell an unforgettable tale of love, loss, and miscommunication. This is an emotional tale that definitely tugged at my heart many times.

I enjoyed the cast of characters in this one, right from the main players to the lowliest of supporting ones. Everyone was so real & genuine. The main characters’ less than perfect outlooks on life added to the emotional impact of the tales. Their pasts, both toget
romancejunkie
Winning Back His Wife is a sweet and heartwarming story about two people finding their way back to each other and to an everlasting love. Loved this book!
Susan
Good book. Cullen and Sarah had married after knowing each other only two days. It took less than a year for their differences to pull them apart and when Sarah suggested divorce Cullen couldn't run fast enough. When she is injured doing her job as a vulcanologist she is released into his care since she has no one else. I liked both Cullen and Sarah though I wanted to shake them a few times.

Cullen and his twin brother had been pretty wild as teens. When his brother got into drugs, Cullen tried e
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
Having just come off a grueling but successful mountain rescue all DR. Cullen Gray can think of is coffee and a chance to unwind and relax…but no sooner his backpack hits the ground he is being notified by the town sheriff that he is listed as Sarah Purcell’s emergency contact and that she has been in an accident and is in critical condition. Sarah Purcell, Cullen's estranged and almost EX wife!
Will leaned forward. “Sarah’s at a hospital in Seattle.”
Not dead. A hundred pounds of anxiety melted a
HEChapter -Tina J
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ 4-STAR ✩ REVIEW ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

> > Judging a Book by its Cover < <
Good composition/layout. Legible fonts and sizes. Second-chance romance synopsis.

> > Looking Deeper < <
POV ~> Third-person
Two years ago, Cullen and Sarah met at a rock-climbing event and impulsively married days later.
A year after, work and personal insecurities began taking a toll; Sarah mentioned divorce and Cullen fled. Both failed to communicate then and, when an accident brought them together again, they continued to st
Tirza Horvath
This book was so great and romantic, I loved it from the beginning! Sarah and Cullen are the best, and the storyline was very, very interesting.

photo 804253_zps7eb5baa5.gif

Depressing
Eileen
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author
I totally enjoyed reading His Second Chance, a heartwarming, sweet romance by Melissa McClone, book four in her Mountain Rescue series. Sarah Purcell was focused only on the volcanoes she studied until she met Dr. Cullen Gray during a mountain climb. There was an attraction to him, like she had never had before. Cullen couldn’t believe how beautiful Sarah was, encouraging him to spend all of his time with her. This attraction must have been the spark, or craziness, that had these two run off to ...more
Marie Bourgery
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sarah and Cullen married too quickly and never communicated well with each other. They were both hurt by their past, Sarah by indifferent parents, their significant others, and a verbally abusive fiancé and Cullen by his twin brother killing himself with drugs. They both have trouble opening up. Sarah sees that Cullen doesn’t want to spend a lot of time with her and she thinks it’s best to leave now before he leaves her and asks for divorce. It isn’t until a year later when she is injured and he ...more
Doni
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed reading this book!
It is a heartwarming & emotional story.
Cullen, is a doctor. He is also on the
OMSAR rescue team. Sean let Cullen know he received a call about a women Sarah, who was badly injured, in a fall.
Cullen rushed to Seattle. When Sarah,
finally awoke, she was shocked to see
her soon to be ex-husband, by her bedside. With all of Sarah's injuries,
Cullen offered to care for her
in Hood Hamlet. They both had mixed feelings about Cullen's offer, but Sarah
knew she couldn't
Pamela Mitchell
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Mountain Rescue Romance series continues to get better with book four that centers around Dr. Cullen Gray who lives simply in the quaint Alpine-inspired village of Hood Hamlet and is a member of OMSAR (Oregon Mountain Search and Rescue) and his wife Sarah Purcell, a volcanologist, who he hasn't seen in over a year when he is contacted that she has been in an accident and is in critical condition in a Seattle hospital. I enjoyed their tender and emotional story and didn't want the book to end ...more
Brenda
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can Sarah recover from her injuries? But more importantly can she recover her marriage to Cullen before it's too late? Can they both let go of past regrets? Another great story of the Mountain Rescue Series. I really enjoy the stories of Hood Hamlet and Melissa has a way of making you feel as though you are really there. Looking forward to the next in the series.

I was provided an ARC to give an honest review.
Paula
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
A whirled wind romance, quickie wedding, short marriage, speedy separation with a divorce pending for a year - wow. Can these two find their way back to each other? Cullen takes care of Sarah when she is hurt while on the job. Sparks fly but both are in denial - UGH. I screamed at my kindle a few times - JUST TALK - wanted them to tell each other how they were really feeling. Loved the Hood Hamlet team - they were great friends to Cullen and became friends of Sarah's. Really good series.
Diana
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
His Second Chance by Melissa McClone.
Sarah Purcell and Dr. Cullen Gray met and got married quickly. They separated and was on the verge of a divorce then Sarah was hurt in an accident and Cullen rushed to her side and then brought her back home with him to take care of her until she was feeling better. They fell back in love with each other as Sarah was recovering. It is a very good book. I recommend to anyone looking for a good book to read.
Jane
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved It! Getting to know Cullen and Sarah was exciting although at alternate times I wanted to smack one or both of them upside the head and yell WAKE-UP!! LOL!! This story is engaging, sweet and romantic and my favorite part was when they finally figured it out! I would love a follow-up story to see how everything finally turns out when they become permanent Hood Hamlet residents.
Teresa
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again, I was enthralled with a story in the Mountain Rescue Series. The past regrets, insecurities and grief of both Cullen and Sarah were heart rending. Once they were able to admit their true feelings, they were able to come together and let go of the past. They came to realize, “Love is…..The only thing that matters.” The Christmas Magic of Hood Hamlet, even in the spring and summer, once again cleared the path for love to shine thru. A wonderful read!
Marie
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
And then there wonderful story of mountains and live. Hey Matt young married recklesslySeparated. After an accident, they rekindle their joy and marriage.
Donna
Feb 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2018
Sweet romance. Enjoyed reading this story.
Beverly
This so far is my least favorite. It seemed to drag on too long. Wanted them to live in his town for the ending. Still like the way the author tells a story. Will plan to read others
Caro
May 31, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wish you had a zero star rating
Radhika
Sarah Purcell is in the hospital and finds that her soon to be ex dreamy good looking husband Cullen is by her side. Both Sarah and Cullen are thrown together and find their way to each other again!
Harlequin Books
Sweet
Debbie Oxier
Jul 16, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Aloha Texas: Sweet and Clean Edition (Sweet Aloha Series Book 1)
  • Her Cowboy Billionaire Birthday Wish (Christmas in Coral Canyon #9)
  • The Lie (Kings of Linwood Academy #2)
  • Christmas Nights (Diamond Creek, Alaska, #6)
  • A Billion Times No (Fake It Till You Make It #1)
  • Heart & Soul: A Romance (Tanner Family, #3)
  • Her Snowbound Hero (Tennessee Tulanes #1)
  • All Wrapped Up for the Holidays
  • The Risk (Kings of Linwood Academy #3)
  • Dive Into You (Aloha, #4)
  • The Look of Love (Aloha, #5)
  • Wife (Betrothed, #1)
  • Reckless & Wild: A Romance (Tanner Family, #2)
  • Me & Mister Everything (Tanner Family, #4)
  • A Nantucket Affair (Nantucket Beach Plum Cove, #4)
  • Sweet Beginnings (Candle Beach Sweet Romance #1)
  • Take Me Again (The Knight Brothers, #1)
  • Just One of the Groomsmen (Getting Hitched in Dixie #1)
I live in the Pacific Northwest with my husband, two daughters, son, dog and too many cats! I write "sweeter" contemporary romance novels for Harlequin and Tule Publishing.

Mountain Rescue Romance (5 books)
  • His Christmas Wish (Mountain Rescue Romance, #1)
  • Her Christmas Secret (Mountain Rescue Romance #2)
  • Firefighter Under the Mistletoe (Mountain Rescue Romance #3)
  • A Little Bit of Holiday Magic (Mountain Rescue Romance #5)