Start by marking “Power (An Urban Fairytale Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Power (An Urban Fairytale Series, #2)

Power (An Urban Fairytale Series, #2)

What if Aladdin was an above average thief in the hood, Princess Jasmine was the daughter of a crime boss, and Jafar was still the snake he always was? Welcome to Power.

For The Sultan Empire (TSE) nothing is more important than being and staying on top. The business and family come first.

Published November 11th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Power, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Power

Start your review of Power (An Urban Fairytale Series, #2)
Jazmen
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-favorites
Bella Jay, let me get up out my seat and applaud you, sis, because you did that.

Y’all know I’m like a broken record when it comes to my complaints about urban fiction, but I’m nothing if consistent.

Urban fiction just doesn’t do it for me anymore but when Ms. Jay approached me with her urban fiction retelling of Aladdin, I couldn’t help but say yes, and I’m glad I did.

Amare is all rags and no riches. His life is a mess but he’s holding all together, by being a thieving “street rat.” Taking care
Jenn
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Thank you to the author for providing me a review copy of Power!
All thoughts are my own.

Power by Bella Jay is an urban lit retelling of Aladdin, with a lovely amount of attention to detail. Jolee is Jasmin, Amare is Aladdin, Graham is the Genie, Jareem is Jafar, and Ian is Iago. Instead of being the Sultan of Agrabah, Jolee’s father, Samuel, is the head of The Sultan Empire, one of the largest crime syndicates in Everland.

Jolee is poised to take over The Sultan Empire once her father decides to
Coco.V
Dec 21, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (12/21/2018)!

Blurb:

Jolee Cullen was instilled this all her life and though she accepted it, all she wanted at her age was a chance at a regular life. But as the daughter of crime boss -
Kimberly
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great job

Love your debut. I couldn't put it down. Will be reading more of your books. Keep up the great work
Aubree Pynn
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Listen.

Jareem was a very likeable asshole. To me at least. Amare is bae you already know that
But Sultan your daughter is weak asf and it’s yo fault! Smh.
Great read Bella.
ShaRhonda Hayes
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was so good!!

Oh gosh, I could not put this book down! I really forgot that it was supposed to be a, “fairytale” lol! Greed is something serious! Jareem wanted all of the power and would not stop until he reached the top! Sam was too trusting of Jareem and it backfired. Amare was so sweet; he had a rough life-all he wanted to do was take care of his little brother by any means necessary. Who knew robbing the wrong house and store would lead him to gaining a new brother (Graham) and making
Shawn Alexus
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Purely Dynamic.
Tbh I was quite skeptical about reading this at first (I was like a remake of Aladdin...wasn't an Aladdin fan...lol). Seriously someone should make this into a movie. Never a dull moment. The pieces fitted smoothly together. Definitely couldn't put this down. Had to pry myself from it. So glad I didn't have to deal with misspelled and missing words. It was a quality read. This author deserved every one of those stars and some. For to have been a debut and to be an up and coming
Crissy
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
I really thought I would enjoy this story more than I did. I found the flow of this story slower than my liking and although I liked the characters I just couldn't get into this story. This one wasn't for me.
Mandi
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had me on the edge of my seat the entire time! Bella Jay brought every character to life and kept the suspense going throughout the whole book.

Jolee was my favorite character, and I really loved that the Aladdin theme was strong but not overpowering. This is a super creative and fun novel.

10/10
Critiques Corner
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story of POWER takes place in the fictional region of Everland. Inside there are other areas divided by the amount of money your family has. From the super rich to the dirt poor.
The cast of characters were never dull or boring. Jolee is one of the main characters. She is the daughter of Sam who runs The Sultan Empire. Jolee has been trained to run the empire after her dad steps down but, not really. Sam keeps tabs on her like a cat watching a mouse. She has absolutely NO freedom. I was
StephanieJohnson
Nov 11, 2018
Kereece
Nov 12, 2018
Bella Jay
Nov 14, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Elaine L. Allen
Paula Milan
Kewanda Scott

• The Way You Lie
  • Tell Me It's Mine: A Naughty Novella
  • One Last Shot (Nymphs & Trojans Series Book 2)
  • Let Me Be Your Motivation
  • I Want it All: The Love Heist
  • The One He Needs
  • Brick 2
  • The Perfect Waters: Odessa. Book One (An African American Mermaid Paranormal 1)
  • Baggage Claimed
  • If I Could Be Your Girl
  • Indigo Haze: Thug Love is the Best Love 4
  • Indigo Haze: Thug Love is the Best Love 3
  • Indigo Haze: Thug Love is the Best Love 2
Bella Jay was born in Miami, Florida and currently resides on the east coast. Her love for writing developed as a teen when she used to browse message boards and write terrible fanfiction. It was then her dream to become a published author manifested. That dream came true with Power, her debut novel. Always one for new adventures and experiences, Bella spent three years living abroad in South ...more