Start by marking “Star Trek Prometheus: In the Heart of Chaos” as Want to Read:
Star Trek Prometheus: In the Heart of Chaos

Star Trek Prometheus: In the Heart of Chaos

The Federation races to discover the culprits of several terrorist attacks, sending their flagship, the USS Prometheus, to stop war breaking out in the galaxy.
The situation in the Lembatta Cluster is deteriorating rapidly. Fleets from the Federation and Klingon Empire are heading for the borders. The crews of the U.S.S. Prometheus and I.K.S. Bortas are racing against time to b

Published November 27th 2018 by Titan Books (first published September 19th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek Prometheus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek Prometheus

Start your review of Star Trek Prometheus: In the Heart of Chaos
Dan
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-trek
In the Heart of Chaos and the entire Star Trek: Prometheus trilogy are worthy additions to the Star Trek universe. Humberg and Perplies have put together a fun crew with a lot of potential, and I'm genuinely sad that we may not see them again. I can only hope that the voyages of the U.S.S. Prometheus might continue in some way, shape, or form in the future. It was certainly an interesting take on the novelverse, and I'm sure the authors have some ideas about where to take things from here. If yo ...more
Michael
A very solid series, go get them.
Paul Lunger
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With "In the Heart of Chaos", Bernd Perplies & Christian Humberg complete the saga of "Star Trek: Prometheus" in a way that makes sense for this mini-series to be finished. The book itself continues the decent storytelling as well as wrapping up the crisis in the Lembatta Cluster by staying true to what made the prior 2 books int his series as good as this one was with the characters aboard the Bortas as well as the Prometheus & does a nice job staying w/in the confines of the universe w ...more
Scott Williams
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first book I read this year was the beginning of this trilogy so it seems appropriate that my last book of the year finishes the trilogy! This entry vastly improves over book two. I quite enjoyed it.

The author does a good job of exploring crew dynamics on a Klingon ship, and the crew of the Prometheus remains interesting as well. I would happily read more books in this series.
Dennis
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Book

This was a great series about a ship we’ve only heard in other books and on tv. I hope there are more books about the crew of the Prometheus.
Debra Cook
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
The Prometheus and the kligons try to defuse the anger going around.
Apostolos
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Overall, not a bad story. The crew is likable and they could easily be an on-screen crew if this story is adapted for television. I wish we saw more of the EMH in this story. My only critique is that the plot feels like something that was done in Prey. Not the same details, but the overall plot.
Idamus
Oct 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: audio, sci-fi, tie-in-tv
Honestly, this story didn’t need three books to be told, didn’t like how the characters were written either, they didn’t fit the Trek verse in my opinion.
Rev Gary
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: star-trek
A good series. You had to really concentrate to follow
Mrklingon
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sf, space-opera, star-trek
Fun, satisfying conclusion to a nice trilogy.

Rage, faith manipulated to fuel terrorism, prejudice exploited... where do SF writers get these crazy ideas? (Well, maybe ... the news?)

A nice ending with some nice twists and turns. I enjoyed this trilogy - the first Trek books translated *from* German for English readers. I like the crew of the Prometheus (and the ship, too) - I hope they get a chance to continue their adventures!
Michelle Winchester
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Repetitive and kinda racist. I made it into a drinking game: every time a character's hair is described as 'jet black' DRINK! Every time someone's eyes glow DRINK! Every time someone pounds their fist on a surface in frustration DRINK! Every time a notable canon event is referenced DRINK! Every time a racist comment is made DRINK! And every time a character is referred to by full name after their introduction DRINK! You'll be more than tipsy and the book will be rather enjoyable.
Kieran McAndrew
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As the crew of the 'Prometheus' race to save the Renao, the Federation Council struggles to repair its relationship with Klingon Empire.

This closing volume of the trilogy brings the story to an excellent conclusion.
Russell Thiel
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this series from the German author Christian Humberg. Liked the way they wove all of the Star Trek universe into this series. Great characters!! All in all an enjoyable read. Hope the write more in the series and I look forward to reading them...
Marc Gummerson
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The end to a brilliant trilogy.
Sean
Jan 31, 2019
Zachary
Dec 13, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Der Ursprung allen Zorns (Star Trek - Prometheus #2)
  • Available Light
  • The Way To The Stars
  • The Captain's Oath
  • Star Trek: Discovery: The Enterprise War
  • Collateral Damage
  • Architects of Infinity
  • Fortune of War
  • Desperate Hours (Star Trek: Discovery #1)
  • The Antares Maelstrom
  • Drastic Measures
  • Fear Itself (Star Trek: Discovery #3)
  • Enigma Tales
  • Absent Enemies (Star Trek: Titan)
  • The Gordian Protocol
  • The Hall of Heroes (Star Trek: Prey #3)
  • Doctor Who: Combat Magicks
  • The Poisoned Chalice (Star Trek: The Fall)