Start by marking “Play the Game: An Electric Eclectic Book” as Want to Read:
Play the Game: An Electric Eclectic Book

Play the Game: An Electric Eclectic Book

Coping with past tragedies, Stella lives on hope in the present. She plays the game and hopes that one day she will beat the odds. Is this all there is to Stella's story?

Self shame is the enemy.... It is a power struggle. At times it may seem hopeless and pointless to fight the inner demons.

Sometimes, when your self esteem is low, it takes a special someone to help build i
Published November 20th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Play the Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Play the Game

Adam Mitchell
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
THIS REVIEW WILL CONTAIN NO SPOILERS SORRY,
Well I've been a fan of Karen J Mossman for a while now in truth she's one of my guilty pleasure indie authors, and have been since getting hooked on her decade series (go check it out). But I have to say I was concerned when I saw this one mainly because it's associated with EE - Electric Ecletic books a book group I've had the occasional read off, now I'm not saying anything negative about any author in the group other than to say, in the nicest poss
Elizabeth Horton-Newton
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve enjoyed Karen Mossman’s writing in the past and when looking for a quick read was happy to pick up Play the Game: An Electric Eclectic Book. The blurb had aroused my curiosity; what was the main character, Stella, ashamed of? What odds were against her?
The story begins with Stella darting into a hotel because she’d missed her bus. She feels out of place and awkward. My first thought was that she might be homeless or possibly a prostitute. I was wrong on both counts. When a young man joins
Margaret Daly
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've read all of Karen's Books, so I am very familiar with her writing. Yet, reading this short story has shown me the truth of her style... she is a one that writes with true passion. Her words are filled with emotion, gripping you and holding on to the bitter end of the story.
I highly recommend getting this book if you are not familiar with her writing. This is a good way to introduce yourself to her work.

Of course, i recommend any of her books but this one is a great start!
Marco Marek
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stella is a normal girl with some issues in her life but one day she met a guy that will change her life. Play the Game was nice story and since you start to read it you support Stella (which I imagined her like Bridget Jones) with the love of her dreams, romantic with twist at the end.
Paul White
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved this.
Once again Karen J Mossman spins an exciting and well-told story, this time her tale is woven into the high life of football, not the American one, but real British football.
This is a love/hate/love story where two hearts from different worlds collide, I'll say no more, you'll have to read the book yourself to find out what happens.
This story is one of the amazing Electric Eclectic books, shorter works designed to introduce readers to authors narration and style. I am certain, once yo
C.A. Keith
Feb 03, 2019
Karen Mossman
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jennifer Willison
Debbi Smith
Diane
Nov 24, 2018
L.S.
Mar 17, 2019
Karen is a multi-genre author and says she is working her way through as many different types as she can. "I've written two romantic/suspense novels and my last book was a thriller, but it is in my short story collections that I'm able to play with the different genres."

However, as an avid reader, she admits to not being as adventurous. I prefer my stories to have a little romance in them, but the