Start by marking “Ace of Spades” as Want to Read:
Ace of Spades

Ace of Spades

An incendiary and utterly compelling thriller with a shocking twist that delves deep into the heart of institutionalized racism, from an exceptional new YA voice. Welcome to Niveus Private Academy, where money paves the hallways, and the students are never less than perfect. Until now. Because anonymous texter, Aces, is bringing two students' dark secrets to light. Talente ...more
Paperback
Expected publication: June 10th 2021 by Usborne

Start your review of Ace of Spades
Faridah Àbíké-Íyímídé
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Biased review - but I can 100% confirm that the author worked really hard on this!
Katie Zhao
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I devoured Faridah's stunning debut in one breathless sitting. I love a good thriller, and this is one of the best I've ever read.

One thing I've noticed about thrillers is that for the most part, they don't tend to be very deep. (Possibly bc for the most part, they are *cough* about rich white kids and their non-problems *cough*) ACE OF SPADES does not have this problem. This book grapples with heavy, timely, important themes: institutionalized racism, educational gatekeeping, being LGBTQ in PO
faith ✨
A thriller featuring sapphic black protagonists? Yes hello where do I get this
Camryn
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique
Adiba Jaigirdar
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read an early draft of this brilliant book and let me just say...wow! It's a powerful look at how systematic racism can affect Black teens even in this day and age. Plus, it has some of my favourite characters of all time! Chiamaka and Devon are two compelling characters who don't always do the "right" thing but are even more relatable for it. I am excited that soon I will have this book in my hands!
Brigid
Nov 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
The author described this book as Gossip Girl and Get Out but gay. It sounds soooooo wonderful and feminist and beautifully gay. I am so excite.

"The queer people massively outnumber the cishets, there’s secrets, murder, and a gay girl MC who takes down the white patriarchy while dressed in designer heels"

description
Natacha Rosenberg
Jul 03, 2019 marked it as to-read
This sounds so intriguing???? Could it just be published now so I can read it immediately?? thanks????????
Stephanie Gillespie
Sep 03, 2020 marked it as to-read
This book sounds incredible!!!
☀︎El In Oz☀︎
Omg here for this!! Yes please!!
Vee_Bookish // YA Book Blogger
Jun 21, 2020 marked it as want-to-read-new
trying to recapture my point horror fueled youth but specifically nightmare hall

(pls comment if the cover is up so I can see it)
draco
Nov 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
im excited to read this! it sounds cool as hell and im glad i stumbled across the goodreads link on twitter!!
Dahabo Wacays
Jun 10, 2020 marked it as to-read
SITTING HERE JUST WISHING ITS IN ME HANDS BUT ALAS!!!!
Lizzy.Writes
Jul 13, 2020 marked it as to-read
Ooh this sounds so good, I can't wait!
Ciannon Smart
B
rated it it was ok
Oct 20, 2020

• Love Times Infinity
  • What Beauty There Is (What Beauty There Is, #1)
  • You and Me at the End of the World
  • The Henna Wars
  • Like A Love Song
  • City of Ghosts (Cassidy Blake, #1)
  • Wings of Ebony (Wings of Ebony, #1)
  • Maigret à New York (Maigret, #27)
  • Sapiens: A Graphic History: The Birth of Humankind (Vol. 1)
  • Not Our Summer
  • Sea of Kings
  • Your Corner Dark
  • Perfectly Parvin (Perfectly Parvin, #1)
  • The Last Windwitch
  • Your Destination Is on the Left
  • These Violent Delights (These Violent Delights, #1)
  • The Deathless Girls
  • Crown of Blood: The Deadly Inheritance of Lady Jane Grey
Faridah Àbíké-Íyímídé is a writer from South London who has dreamt of writing books about black kids saving (or destroying) the world all her life. She is an avid tea drinker, and a collector of strange mugs. She currently studies English Literature at a university in the Scottish Highlands.

Her debut novel ACE OF SPADES will be published by Feiwel & Friends/Macmillan in the US (1st June 2021) and