Start by marking “Violin Words (A Christmas Romance)” as Want to Read:
Violin Words (A Christmas Romance)

Violin Words (A Christmas Romance)

WHO IS THE AUTHOR?

When Jade Lockwood begins to receive anonymous love letters, she becomes a woman on a mission.

She’s determined to figure out who wrote the flowery, over-the-top letters filled with the sweetest violin words she’s ever heard.

She’s neglected her love life, concentrating on Lockwood Cabins, the business her father built from the ground up. But her sweet lett
Published November 19th 2018 by Taylor Dean Books

To ask other readers questions about Violin Words, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Violin Words

Start your review of Violin Words (A Christmas Romance)
Kathy Jo
Nominated for a 2018 Swoony Award, vote here http://bit.ly/2CWYB9U

I'm having a bit of déjà vu writing this review. The very first book I read by Ms. Dean was a hard one for me to review. I couldn't review my normal way because I didn't want to give anything away. And that's exactly how it is for this one as well! So... heads up... there's a chance my review may contain spoilers. If you don't like spoilers then I suggest you stop reading because I'm not going to be held responsible for ruining th
Kathy
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
Taylor Dean has written another fantastic book. This was beautifully done! Just lovely actually.

The acknowledgments at the start of the book state that Taylor's mother requested she write a "Hallmarkish" novel with both romance and mystery. To be honest, as I started reading I was thinking the "mystery" portion of this story was going to be a little weak since I knew from the moment we met him who the author of the letters was. I was expecting predictable but I should have known better. This is,
Lucinda
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super adorable!
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
It's no secret that Taylor Dean is one of my favorite authors. I love reading her books. This book was a happy surprise for me this month because I didn't know it was coming! This book reminded me of a good Hallmark movie because it played out just like that in my head. I wish this was a Hallmark movie!!

Jade's life is wholly devoted to Lockwood Cabins. Her tunnel vision keeps her focused and on task as she meets the daily demands of running her family business, until she receives an anonymous l
Julie Carpenter
I love getting notes and letters. Isn't that just such a wonderful feeling? A letter shows up and has such kind words that it brightens your day and makes life a little bit brighter?

Story time for you...Julie's rambling thoughts have returned. While reading this book I couldn't help but think back on a couple key memories of receiving notes and letters, like Jade does in this book. I'm not talking about electronic messages on social media or email in my story time. I'm talking about a physical p
Kathy
4.5

Super cute! I really enjoyed this one. This had a great setting, likable characters, a dash of mystery and a charming Christmas ambiance. I enjoyed how the story unfolded, kept my interest and wanting to see how things would end up. Jade was a likable heroine, she made me chuckle a few times at the embarrassing things she’d say and do. It was endearing. Fun romance and an entertaining read.

Content: Clean romance, no language, no violence
Mylissa Demeyere
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a sweet Christmas story that had me getting excited about the upcoming holiday. Dean takes two very great main leads and weaves a fun, exciting story about falling in love and sharing the heart of the Christmas spirit with the people you love. I thoroughly enjoyed being swept away and getting lost in the snow, mountains and sweet feelings of blossoming love.
Don’t miss this fun, perfect holiday read by a master storyteller!
Katie W
This charming Christmas tale is a throwback to sweet and simpler times. Jade is a woman driven by devotion to her father's dream and with her parents gone, she throws herself into carrying on their business. The Lockwood Cabins sound divine, with a beautifully secluded location and a homegrown touch of goodness. In fact, these cabins have captured every moment of Jade's life. When very sweet, secret, handwritten love letters start arriving for her, the romance in her is awakened and every man sh ...more
Vibliophile
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Loved the premise, loved the story. It starts out just a little slow, but then again that may have been my impatience to know who the letter writer was. Some of it was predictable, but there were still some surprises. The happily-ever-after was lovely, lol! This one's a definite reread for me

Clean romance level: sweet, romantic kisses
Charissa
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This sweet Christmas romance was a fun journey of the heart—like all Taylor Dean books are. Jade Lockwood runs the Lockwood cabins resort. It is her parents’ legacy, and she pours her heart into the venture. But that has left her with no social life these past few years. But that all changes when she begins receiving love letters from an anonymous stranger—ME. As she tries to discover who is behind the Violin Words—so sweet and soothing—that she is receiving, she doesn’t know whether to be thril ...more
C.J Donais
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heartwarming

This was a short heartwarming tale that was perfect for Christmas. The wonderful intrigue of who the author is and another small mystery balanced this book out beautifully. Recommended for a hallmark type read.
Lisa
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The author of Violin Word, Taylor Dean, grabs the reader’s attention in the first chapter. She opens the book with an anonymous love letter to Jade, the heroine of the book.

Jade’s family owns a hotel, Lockwood Cabins. When her parents die, they pass the hotel onto to their five daughters. However, Jade is the only sister who wants to stay in town. Therefore, she bought her sisters out, and runs the hotel herself. She is surprised when she receives this love letter because she has never had time
Alisa
Jade Lockwood has a lot of dreams, but they all center around making Lockwood Cabins a more successful business. Until she starts receiving mysterious love letters. Then she starts seeing all the men in her life differently as she sets out to discover who is writing her the letters.
Kristen Robison
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Taylor Dean is becoming one of my favorite authors. This book had me laughing out loud with the main characters nervous flubs. Fun read.
Emily F
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute, sweet and cozy

This was cute, sweet and cozy, with the emotional depth that I love and have come to expect from a Taylor Dean book! Definitely will be reading this one again soon!
Christina
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Must Read!

For anyone that hasn’t read a book by this author, go pick up one now. Taylor Dean is so talented in letting us as readers get inside her characters’ heads, and really bringing her stories to life.

I loved the title of this one, and the meaning behind it. The idea that written words could be so powerful, so beautiful, that they remind you of the soul-wrenching sound of a violin really touched me. The letters our protagonist Jade got were like music to my ears, or to any girls’ ears r
Gerd
Apr 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
It's a sweet story which I mostly enjoyed.

There's just a few small things niggling me:
For one it's the use of present tense which can get distracting when not handled well.
A sentence like: "LATER THAT AFTERNOON, I’m sitting at my computer in the front office, updating records and dealing with my mountain of paperwork."
That just doesn't make much sense in a present tense narration.

The other thing, for me as a non-christian anybody using a sentence like this:
"The love between a man and a woman is
Lisa
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my gosh! What a fantastic Christmas Story! Loved it! I want to print those letters out and frame them. This novel was full of everything you need to get ready for the season! Love and trust! Thanks Taylor! 💜💜💜 Enjoy!
Jackie Johnson
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book, it has all the feels and chills, love, romance, Christmas, and mystery, beautiful letters and a mysterious writer, will Jade find her secret admirer, will she find love, and who is in her house, Lockwood at night...while she sleeps?? This is a must read!!
Heather
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Violin Words is unashamedly romantic, but it was such a sweet read and I fell in love with Myles almost as much as Jade did. His letters were pure poetry and would move even the coldest of hearts. I was touched by his beautiful words. If only such men existed in real life (sigh!)
Cheri
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
A quick read, set at Christmas. A suspense that kept me guessing.
Lydia
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Taylor's novels have an element of depth few capture in romance. At times it may feel like to much introspection, but it brings a real level that touches the heart.
Karen
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this story so much.

Content: clean
Meka R.
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Taylor Dean's I'm With You. It's one of my favorite books of hers. She has a way with words that draws the emotions from deep within your being when reading her books. You can't help but feel the author's words. Violin Words is another one of her amazing stories. The things the Author of the anonymous love letters writes to Jade are so beautifully worded, and gets more and more so with each letter. I was truly and utterly wowed.

Also, I love how Ms. Dean dangles the idea of more than one
Jana
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Christmas spice and everything nice! If you are looking for a great Christmas story that will leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy inside, then look no further! Taylor Dean has done it again! The love that she pours into her books shines through in this story. And in true Dean fashion, you don't only get romance but a little mystery as well!

*I received a copy of this book for an honest review*
Kelsey Peterson
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Totally sappy fun romance. Quick read perfect swoony moments. I mean, the love letters were a little too good to be true! 😍
One complaint. I didn’t like her use of the word libido...like here’s a work focused gal who all of the sudden sees potential around her and she references a few times that all of the sudden her libido is acting crazy....uh 😂 okay.
Tiffany
Mar 20, 2020 rated it liked it
I thought the letters were way more creepy stalker than love letters. Kisses only
Feb 13, 2020
Raesh
Dec 21, 2019
Brooke
Jul 02, 2019

• A Man Worth Shaving For (Shaped By Love #1)
  • Rules are made to be Broken (Love Under Wraps Book 2)
  • My Not So Wicked Stepbrother (My Not So Wicked #1)
  • Return to Sender (A Pine Falls Novel Book 1)
  • The Book of Sorrel
  • 10 Ways to Survive Christmas with Your Ex  (27 Ways #3)
  • Let's Begin Again (Pine Valley #7)
  • Just a Boyfriend (End of the Line #2)
  • Facial Recognition (Serenity Spa, #1)
  • #Awestruck (#Lovestruck #3)
  • My Not So Wicked Ex-Fiancé (My Not So Wicked #2)
  • Abigail
  • Finding Jack (Fairy Tale Flip, #1)
  • The Truth about Miss Ashbourne
  • Oh, Keep Your Shirt On (Shaped By Love #2)
  • The Dear Wife (More Than a Wife #3)
  • 27 Ways to Find a Boyfriend (27 Ways, #1)
  • A Tree for the Billionaire (Southern Billionaire Romance, #4)

Taylor Dean lives in Texas and is the mother of four grown children. Upon finding herself with an empty nest, she began to write the stories that were always wandering around in her head, quickly finding she had a passion for writing, specifically romance. Whether it's paranormal, contemporary, or suspense-you'll find all sub-genres of CLEAN Romance in her line-up.