Start by marking “A House for Keeping: an urban fantasy (Housekeeper Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
A House for Keeping: an urban fantasy (Housekeeper Series Book 1)

A House for Keeping: an urban fantasy (Housekeeper Series Book 1)

What would you give to add some magic to your life?

Finn Foster is done with the dismal, dusty desert of the Southwest, and is determined to add a little excitement to her existence. Sure, she had to slalom her way cross-country, dodging a rogue stoner squirrel here and an overly amorous moose there, but Finn has made it to the East Coast and is about to achieve her lifel

Published October 30th 2018

To ask other readers questions about A House for Keeping, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A House for Keeping

The Librarian Witch
Well what an utterly charming book this is!
I honestly loved it even more than I thought I was going to!

When I started I wasn't sure whether I was going to warm to the main character, Finn, or not. She came across so sassy and sarky, and she totally is! But in a really likeable, bumbling, relateable way that makes her really easy to like.

The writing sucked me right in from the start!
That very first chapter grabbed me and refused to let go and it was the same all the way through the book. I kept s
Danielle Baranowski
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
This was one of those books that sucks you in, so you read it too fast, and then never want it to end. IF you're a fan of magical realism and strong female characters, definitely give this one a go. I can't wait for the next in the series. (Full disclosure: the author is a friend of mine...but I got so lost in this book that I kind of forgot that when I was reading it!)
Matt Wheeler
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a page turner! Yesterday was the first day I had to really sit down and spend some time with “A House for Keeping” - outside of a few minutes here and there earlier in the week - and before I knew it, I had finished the remaining 250 pages! (I had to know how it ended!)

Initially, it took some work separating the author’s voice from the main character (because, full disclosure, I know her personally, and her personality shined through in her writing), but by page 60, I was completely
Lauren
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
At first I didn't click with the main character. She came on VERY strong and I didn't get any of her references (not sure if I'm too old.... or too young?) But I got sucked in and by the end I read through the night to find out what happened. Looking forward to reading more.
Kimberly Prentice
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So much fun!

I thoroughly enjoyed this crazy journey. Even had dreams about the characters. I’m mad it’s over and can’t wait for the next one!
Pixel