Start by marking “The Stroke of Eleven (Beaumont and Beasley, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Stroke of Eleven (Beaumont and Beasley, #3)

The Stroke of Eleven

(Beaumont and Beasley #3)

Time is up for Beaumont and Beasley. The evil enchantress Madame Levesque has finally tracked down cursed detective Nick Beasley and his companions, and she has dark plans for them. Nick and Cordelia must solve an ancient mystery for her, or Crispin and Molly will be lost forever.

The investigation leads Nick and Cordelia to the Castle of Basile, a bizarre and dangerous
Published November 29th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Stroke of Eleven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stroke of Eleven

Start your review of The Stroke of Eleven (Beaumont and Beasley, #3)
Kyle
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Good heavens.

Kyle Robert Shultz must be stopped. I'm only giving the book five stars because I'm scared of what he'll do to me if I don't. The shocking twists and bizarre timey-wimeyness of The Stroke of Eleven cannot possibly be legal. And the horrors his characters have to endure...someone needs to break into his Fortress of Inevitable Doom and rescue them. I'd volunteer, but I'm busy hiding under my bed. I feel like he's lurking nearby, so close I can almost touch him.

Send help.
Deborah O'Carroll
Re-read October 2018

Re-read January 3, 2018

Re-reading aloud, because I can. (Oh, shush; I know it's only been a month since I read it the first time. I couldn't resist since the younger siblings wanted to read it anyway.)

AAAH! So many feels! But so epic! :D I love these characters so much! <3

First read December 3, 2017

(Review originally posted on my book blog: https://thepagedreamer.wordpress.com/...)

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO REVIEW THIS, HALP.

So much of this story is mind-boggling twists, and
Claire Banschbach
Well I am suddenly very concerned for the future B&B books...

I really love these books. They're so full of snark and humor and general fairy tale awesomeness. And this one kind of took it to a whole new level. ALL OF THE TIMEY-WIMEYNESS!

Like, I can't even recap some of the plot, because it would be vaguely spoilery. But in typical Shultz fashion, I couldn't put the book down. I called a particular twist, but then basically had my heart ripped out. So that was pretty cool.

AND I'M GOING TO
Katelyn Buxton
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I honestly have no idea how Shultz does it, but he does. Every addition to the Beaumont and Beasley world gets better, and The Stroke of Eleven is no exception. This book was such a rollercoaster of feels, and such a whirlwind of well-thought-out plot, and familiar, vivid characters, that I am sitting here in awe.

Nick and Cordelia are still their lovable selves, as are the Mythfits and Malcolm (although don’t tell him I said that.) But Crispin. *screams into the void* *mutters unintelligibly*
emrys merlin
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Stroke of Eleven reminds me of The Last Jedi in a lot of ways. Both have forever changed how I view their respective series, both are very ambitious, and both went in very unexpected directions.

I really liked the first two books in the B&B series, yet there was always something slightly lacking. However, after reading this book, I was finally able to become fully invested in this series and figure out what it was that kept me from loving this series. Simply put, my problem was that I
R.J. Rodda
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5

A really fun book full of zany plot twists and featuring Cinderella and Prince Charming. Loved their ending and the glass slipper. I *think* my favorite book of them all so far. This series is great if you are looking for a light humorous clean read.
Hannah Heath
How is it that this series just keeps getting better and better? You wouldn't think that to be possible given how hilarious and clever the first two books in the Beaumont and Beasley series are, but it is. Crazy, right?

The Stroke of Eleven took this series in a somewhat different route: It has higher stakes, sad moments, and some (relatively) dark moments. Yet, somehow, it manages to retain the humor, heart, and lightness seen in books 1 and 2. I loved this meshing of new and old and am beyond
Shannon Hiner
I couldn't believe when I looked up and realized I hadn't left a review for this book yet. I loved it!
There, good enough? No, of course not..you want to know why.

Well, I'll tell you why!

Take everything you love about B&B and multiply it by 3, then throw it in a drink-shaker (shake it real good) now throw that drink-shaker into a time machine and put it on spin for about 4 hours. Come back here after that.

...Done now? Okay, good. Open that up, pour it in a glass with sugar & salt on the
S. M. Metzler
Wow. This is definitely my favorite so far in the Beaumont and Beasley book series. I absolutely loved the time travel aspect and thought it was really well done. Full review coming soon!
C.O. Bonham
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-met-the-author
Hi I'm Cathrine and I'm a Beaumont and Beasley reader.

I have just finished the third book in the series, The Stroke of Eleven.

I litteraly had a hard time putting this book down. Kyle Robert Shultz must be stopped. he is an evil mastermind who has started interfering with my ability to function in normal society.

I find myself saying random things like, "noo, not Nick," and "oh my gosh Crispin!"
I break out in random laughter as I remember something from the book and twitch in anticipation of
Janeen Ippolito
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great addition to the Beaumont and Beasley series! Plenty of twists, fast-paced, and clever dialogue. Everything you'd expect from this series. Now to read the next stories.
Beth Wangler
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow.

That was my reaction the whole time reading "The Stroke of Eleven." Kyle Robert Shultz's books just keep getting better. This book starts off strong and only improves from there. I love Shultz's characters, and it's such a treat seeing how they have grown and continue to grow. His twists on classic fairy tales continue to renew my wonder and interest in those stories. He handled the time travel elements introduced in this installation with cleverness and dexterity. Every time I think of this
Christine Smith
I think the best way to describe my feelings about this book is SKDLJFLKJDS:LFJL:DSKJ:LFKJ:DLSKJF:LKJDS:LFJKSLDKJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okey doke. Now that we have that established…

The Stroke of Eleven is the 3rd installment in the Beaumont and Beasley series. And oh my goodness, I LOVE THIS SERIES. This 3rd book may be my favorite yet. I DON’T KNOW. They’re all so good! But where the first two (the first especially) was more on the lighthearted side, this one took the feels to a whoooooole ‘nuther
Heather Hayden
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was up until half past four in the morning reading this book (after finishing The Tomb of the Sea Witch). I don't stay up that late for just any book. In other words, this was an amazing wrap-up for an awesome trilogy of twisted fairy tale retellings.

This books focuses on the Cinderella story, but there's so much more going on as well... References are made to Alice in Wonderland, for instance, and a war is brewing/was brewing/has brewed (it's hard to review a book involving time travel).
Hufflepuff Book Reviewer
Kyle Robert Shultz has done it again! I loved this one-of-a-kind Cinderella retelling even more on the reread!

What everyone has said about this book is true; The Stroke of Eleven is both extraordinarily ambitious and undeniably captivating! Where do I even begin in detailing all my thoughts about this book?

I’ll admit that The Stroke of Eleven took me a bit longer to really get into than the other installments of the Beaumont and Beasley series. It contains slightly less humor (don’t get me
Joseph Leskey
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ANYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original review
==============
Well, to put it bluntly, the elements of this book seem to go against several central fundamentals of our universe and I was just astounded. That doesn't matter whatsoever, of course, but I was still just astounded. Anyway, because of this, this book was just so impressive. ("So" is probably the funniest word I've written today. I mean, "so"—what a strange word.) I am entirely fond of different sorts of reality. And everything was just whooooop and vroooom and
E.B. Dawson
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: indie-authors
What a romp.

As the third installment in this series, this book did not disappoint. Full of snark, adventure, wild imagination, and clever plot twists, it also had some remarkably genuine moments that seemed to pop out of the book and grab hold of my heart in a way I will not soon forget.

I appreciated how multiple threads from the series were addressed, although not all were answered. And I particularly liked the ending, because I have been waiting, WAITING for this thing to happen.

From this
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, this book will absolutely give you feels and make you feel like you're on a rollercoaster, both emotionally and in terms of plot twists and turns. So, yeah, that's great. It introduces one of my favorite villain-types in the Afterverse (can't spoil things, but it's awesome). It gets all timey-wimey at times. Not as much humor, but it's also a darker story, and Shultz manages to slip some in there, so we're all good. Also, Nick is great. Cordelia's great. Crispin's great (though I'm currently ...more
Merie Shen
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You thought you knew fairytales?

You're wrong. Because when Shultz is done with a fairytale, he makes you reexamine everything you thought you knew about it.

Stroke of Eleven is definitely the craziest, wackiest, most emotion-ridden roller coaster ride yet in the amusement park they call the Beaumont and Beasley series. Argh. It had ALL the FEELS, people, all the feels. I'm not saying much more than that... but gee whiz, this book is good. Actually, all the books in this series are real darn good.
Annie Twitchell
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well he did it again. I want more of this series. ASAP. Please?

I loved this story. I was able to follow along easily even though there was a lot happening, and I am jus in love with the whole thing.
Hazel West
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this one, though the projected future makes me very nervous for what our heroes are going to have to inevitably face. I can't wait to see more of these!
Aria Maher
This was one of the first books I've read in a while that I just genuinely enjoyed from start to finish, and that kept me up kinda late trying to get to the end so that I could make sure everyone got out of this ordeal alive! I love this series SO MUCH, and Mr. Shultz had better write more books very, very soon, or I am going to lose my mind! This book reminded me strongly of Doctor Who, with all the things that description entails (twists and turns, time travel, a delightful abundance of ...more
Rebel Rider
Kyle's books are always full of good humor and crazy situations, and this one is no exception, though this one took a slightly darker turn(view spoiler) Overall, it's a good addition to the universe, and I'm looking forward to seeing more stories. Crispin has become an especially interesting character, and Kyle is quickly getting on my "I'll read pretty much anything they write" list.
Eleanor
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-2019
*deep, quiet, slow inhale*

HOLY ADGGHJSDKJHJKGF--

Let me make something crystal clear. This is one of the most well-executed Beaumont and Beasley books I've ever read. The reason I'm giving it four stars instead of five is just personal preference.

This book has some strong futuristic, post-apocalyptic elements to it. I just don't enjoy reading that genre; I've only ever willingly read one dystopian in my life. So that's why for me, in terms of my own personal enjoyment, this book was four stars
Tessa
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, reviewed
WHAT HAVE I JUST READ???
Warning: This review will likely not be very comprehensible.
So after running around getting into all sorts of magical mischief, Nick, Cordelia, Molly, and Crispin are caught by Madame Levesque. Crispin and Molly are locked up for leverage while Nick and Cordelia are sent off to a Palace to investigate the disappearances of many people who'd gone there before.
*whew*
And then everything goes BOOM!
Yeah, I was reading. And I was enjoying. And then my heart was mercilessly
R.G.
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like the other books, this was a new and rather dark twist on the fairy tales we know and love. After surviving on the run for so long, they're finally captured. It's interesting to be back dealing with the Council, as well as Nick's dream Beast still coming in to play, and them finally questioning what really happened to Cordelia's father. It helps to tie the stories together to develop this larger over arching plot, and not just a new case of the week. The building of the time loop, and how ...more
Diane
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Convolutions in time, met with action and magic, full of emotion as well as banter

Wicked schemes, time loops, and characters pulled out of their times, leaving Nick and Cordelia with no solution that doesn't have its drawbacks. Nick is determined, though, to avert a dark fate that awaits Crispin, Molly, and all of Talesend. The "Mythfits" do some growing up, Malcolm Blackfire shows a different side, and one character's identity may come as quite a surprise. Enemies old and new play roles, from
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We paused while reading this (which was difficult to do) in order to read a short story of his that was set earlier in the series. Then, because of school and soccer, we had to wait until the next weekend to finish this. My kids kept begging for more but I wouldn't let them read this without me. Finally we got back to it and it did not disappoint. Thoroughly enjoyable. The characters are growing depth. Their situation is getting more complex and the overall story is growing yet more interesting ...more
Aristae Henricus
One of the Best Books Ever!

Sincerely one of the best books ever! The Stroke of Eleven is the third book in Kyle Robert Schultz's Beaumont and Beasley series. The plot is a little confusing to recount, but it deals a lot with Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, and Beauty and the Beast retellings to name a few.

Please never stop writing Kyle Schultz! You are a fantastic writer.
Allison
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
so yes i am totally obsessed with the Beaumont & Beasley series now.

the first two books were good, but "The Stroke of Eleven" was UTTERLY AMAZING and freaky and mind-bending and time-spinning.

so good.

FOUR STARS

and i need the next B&B book now.
Goodreads Librari...: Could you put this book under my full name? 5 21 Nov 30, 2017 10:47PM

• Between Floors (The City Between #3)
  • Between Jobs (The City Between, #1)
  • Between Shifts (The City Between #2)
  • Between Homes (The City Between, #5)
  • Sand and Storm
  • A Curse of Gems: A Retelling of Toads and Diamonds (The Classical Kingdoms #7)
  • The Electrical Menagerie (The Celestial Isles #1)
  • The Reluctant Godfather (The Tales of Ambia, #1)
  • Between Frames (The City Between, #4)
  • Cloudy With a Chance of Dropbears (The City Between #5.5)
  • The Story Peddler (The Weaver Trilogy, #1)
  • All the Different Shades of Blue (The City Between #6.5)
  • Disowned  (Allegiance #1)
  • Fawkes
  • Spindle (Two Monarchies Sequence, #1)
  • Colors of Fear (The Terebinth Tree Chronicles #1)
  • Fairest Son
  • 100 Days of Sunlight
I read books. I write books. Mostly fantasy, but with some sci-fi sprinkled in here and there (that applies to both my reading and my writing). The presence of a book on my shelves does not constitute endorsement of that book's philosophies or content. If I've sent you a friend request, you're under no obligation whatsoever to read my books. If I accept your friend request, I'm not promising to ...more

Beaumont and Beasley (4 books)
  • The Beast of Talesend (Beaumont and Beasley, #1)
  • The Tomb of the Sea Witch (Beaumont and Beasley, #2)
  • The Hound of Duville and Other Stories (Beaumont and Beasley, #4)
“Getting eaten by evil pumpkins was very low on my list of preferred ways to die.” 3 likes
“Fascist!” shouted Molly. “Technically, I think she’s being a socialist,” said Crispin.” 2 likes