Start by marking “Christmas in Talesend (Beaumont and Beasley Case Files, #2)” as Want to Read:
Christmas in Talesend (Beaumont and Beasley Case Files, #2)

Christmas in Talesend (Beaumont and Beasley Case Files, #2)

Four Christmas-themed short stories from the Beaumont and Beasley series!

The Red Muffler: Walking home with his arms full of Christmas parcels, Gareth the faun stumbles on a lost little girl standing by a lamp-post. Naturally, he invites her in from the cold…but is she really what she appears to be?

Dash Away: Alan the centaur isn’t a licensed veterinarian, but he does hav

To ask other readers questions about Christmas in Talesend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas in Talesend

Deborah O'Carroll
Re-Read January 4, 2018

Read December 25, 2017

I JUST READ IT CHRISTMAS NIGHT AND ALSKJDFLKDJ.

THERE WAS A BEAUMONT AND BEASLEY CHRISTMAS AND IT'S THE ABSOLUTE BEST AND ALSKDJFLKSJD

I'M SO HAPPY AAHHH

<3 <3 <3

BUT BUT CRISPIN AND NICK AND CORDELIA AND MALCOLM AND AND

I love these characters so much I don't think it's healthy. BUT DO I CARE? NOPE NOPE.

(Stories in this mini collection contain spoilers for Stroke of Eleven, FYI.)

Favorite quote:
“Who are you?”

Malcolm drew himself up. “I am the Ch
Christine Smith
OH MY WOOOOORD. This was the greatest. The concepts of certain things were HILARIOUS. "The War on Christmas" was probably my favorite of the 4 short stories but they were all a delight! Also...CHRISTMAS DRAGON. Yes please! This was the perfect thing to tide me over while I wait for the next Beaumont and Beasley book!

An all around delightful collection of Christmas short stories with the beloved Beaumont and Beasley gang!
Hufflepuff Book Reviewer
I absolutely LOVE Christmas and I really enjoy reading holiday-themed books, so I was STOKED to find out that Shultz had written a Christmas-themed anthology for Beaumont and Beasley. I read the anthology last year and enjoyed it enough to read it all over again this Christmas season! Below are my reviews for the individual short stories.

Red Muffler: 3 out of 5 stars

This short story was quite fun for me. I feel like Gareth and Sylvia make for a really fun, zany couple (probably second favorite r
R.J. Rodda
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was funny and a great, original Christmas read. I enjoyed it even though I haven't read the related series. There are four stories in this that include wonderful features such as a Christmas dragon (how perfect) and the difficulty of buying a Christmas present for your girlfriend when she is a tree. And beware, not every crying little girl in the snow should be taken inside and warmed up....

As an added bonus, I got this free by signing up to the author's newsletter.
Katelyn Buxton
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
[Possibly some minor spoilers.]
Christmas in Talesend is a lovely short story collection featuring all of our favorite Beaumont and Beasley characters around Christmas time. It packs a major Christmas punch, with Santa, Reindeer, and Elves, and is peppered throughout with the usual hilarious dialogue!
(Although I should mention that if you don’t want to spoil The Stroke of Eleven, I’d wait until after you’ve read that to read this.)

The Red Muffler
3 out of 5 stars

This one is about Gareth and Sylvi
This was my Christmas Eve read (because Iceland's got the right idea with their Jólabókaflóð, and I'm sure as storms joining in). I've been saving it literally since May to read. And though it isn't my favorite installment in the Afterverse, it was well worth the wait!

The Red Muffler
A fun short story, and I appreciate the Narnia references in the first half of the story. The whole thing was very well set-up. I'm just not as crazy about Gareth and Sylvia as I am about other characters.

Dash Away
Al
Beth Wangler
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These short stories were magical mixtures of Talesend high jinks and my favorite Christmas or winter stories. It was a delight to read.
Heather Hayden
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved these short stories so much! They segued into each other smoothly and featured several of my favorite characters from the main series, as well as some awesome cameos.
Rebel Rider
This is a collection of cute little stories, with some rather funny references, including a Narnia reference and what I'm pretty sure was a Rise of the Guardians reference. (The elves also sound quite a bit more like the Lord of the Rings sort.) Overall, it's a fun fast read.
Bethany
I'm not sure if these are spoilers or not but just in case.
First Narnia, loved the Tumnus and Lucy reference. Then a look at Santa Claus's reindeer. So Blitzen and Rudolph got together. Yep that one was definitely a spoiler. With the Easter Bunny putting in an appearance I was totally expecting something Halloween based. or you know, maybe the sandman or something. Krampus was cool though. I loved Nick's impersonation. And Santa's description was interesting. He's a wilder than I would have gue
Diane
All four are delightful: fun, clever, and sweet! A perfect quick read for the holiday season.

They're not long, or deeply emotional and significant, but not every story needs to be. I loved all four of these concurrent little tales, with their fun [mis]adventures, sweet, upbeat endings, and clever twists on seasonal lore. Guess who's real in the Afterverse — though, as per usual in this world, not quite how you pictured him, ho, ho, ho! The first-time PoVs from faun Gareth and centaur Alan were
Joseph Leskey
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anybody at all!
Well, this was roughly the best collection of short stories a person could ever hope for. Excellent writing, brilliant plots (especially considering the length of the stories), and remarkably fine characters. And it's exceeding hilarious, of course. What more could a person want?

And I was going to end my review there. But then I remembered the Christmas Dragon. So I'm still going to end there, only with these sentences appended and with an assurance that you definitely need to read this book. He
C.O. Bonham
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-met-the-author
Christmas in Talesend by Kyle Robert Shultz, is four Christmas themed short stories. Each story is a first person narrative, told by a different member of Beaumont and Beasley.

Garth tells why it's unwise to help strangers.

Alan is called on to help a unique creature with medical problems.

Crispin has a case of mistaken identity.

And Nick does too but his is ultimately more useful.

Crispin and Nick's stories are the best, but will want to read all four of them. This collection is hilarious and awesom
Hazel West
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A super fun collection of little Christmas stories that fit in really well the Beaumont and Beasley world. I liked how each one followed a different character but they were all about the same Christmas with the typical quirky twist on the folktales and just the right amount of humor.
Justice
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: indie
Fun Christmas stories! I love the Narnia reference in the first one, and Molly singing Christmas carols is the best.
Aria Maher
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: indie-authors
Another free gift I received for signing up for Kyle's newsletter. Obviously, it's way past Christmas season, but these cozy short stories are perfect for any time of the year, especially when you're waiting impatiently for the next Beaumont and Beasley book (*cough, cough* when is that actually supposed to come out, Kyle? *cough, cough*) and Malcolm the Christmas Dragon is probably one of the best things to ever happen in this series. 10/10 would recommend to every Beaumont and Beasley fan!
Aristae Henricus
Feb 21, 2018
Megan
rated it did not like it
Dec 19, 2018
Feb 19, 2018
Sarah Elizabeth
Dec 24, 2018
Carrie-Anne Thomas
Four cute little stories from characters in the Beaumont and Beasley series. A perfect thing to read to my little siblings, who have been dying to read another Afterverse book.
Brie Donning
Apr 20, 2018
Jacqueline Patterson
May 28, 2018
Kyle
Dec 26, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Tracey Dyck
Danielle
Mar 10, 2018
J.E.
Mar 29, 2018
Kyle Robert Shultz began writing in his early teens after being bitten by a radioactive book. As a Christian, he strives to write fiction that is entertaining and wholesome, but devoid of overt “messages” or agendas. He lives in the wilds of southern Idaho, removed far enough from civilization to keep humanity safe should any of his rough drafts break through the electric fence. Aside from writing ...more