Start by marking “Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)” as Want to Read:
Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)

Archangel's War

(Guild Hunter #12)

4.50  ·  Rating details ·  8,452 ratings  ·  1,122 reviews
Wings of silver. Wings of blue. Mortal heart. Broken dreams. Shatter. Shatter. Shatter. A sundering. A grave. I see the end. I see. . .

The world is in chaos as the power surge of the Cascade rises to a devastating crescendo. In furiously resisting its attempts to turn Elena into a vessel for Raphael’s power, Elena and her archangel are irrevocably changed. . .far beyond th
Mass Market Paperback, 471 pages
Published September 24th 2019 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Archangel's War, please sign up.
Angel Larsen
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  8,452 ratings  ·  1,122 reviews

Start your review of Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
2.5 - 3 Stars

So....I’m in the minority here...but definitely not my favorite of the series.

Things were VERY slow to get going...there was a LOT of rehashing of some of the same information from previous books (Caliane leaving Raphael “broken” on the field all those eons ago, Raphael not being the same archangel who forced Elena to cut her own hand in book one, the deaths of Elena’s sisters in childhood - all mentioned MULTIPLE times...as they have been mentioned MULTIPLE times in all the previou
1st read - June 2019
2nd read - September 2019
3rd read - September 2020

I honestly don't know how to review this book without giving spoilers so I'm deliberately going to keep this quite vague. What I will say is that Archangel's War was everything I could possibly have wanted after that killer cliffhanger ending to Archangel's Prophecy! Elena and Raphael are both changing in ways they never could have imagined but they are still the power couple we know and love who are more than capable of kicki
Aisling Zena
5/10/19

So I'm somewhat mullified with the ending but boy did this book drag way too much.. Mostly all I kept thinking was

description

See how many gifs I found? Triple that and that's how many times I thought about Lijuan dying. The beginning meandered a bit, we had repetitions that I felt were not necessary. I get the repetitions were to set the scene and tie it with new events but they felt mostly fillerish. The battle with Lijuan got to be annoying from a certain point onwards.

I love Nalini S
Corina
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it

Oh wow! More than I could have hoped for.

One of my all time favorite power couples is KICKING ASS!!!

Archangel's War is from beginning to end action packed. The many different plots boggled my mind. The execution was masterful. With amazing precision, each and every plot, scene and chapter was perfectly interlaced to deliver an amazing end result.

Honestly, I was blown away by how intricate this book was.

____________________________________

UPDATE and full review

Elena and Raphael have been one of m
Smiley
Nov 01, 2018 marked it as to-read
I think everyone who has read Archangels Prophecy is desperate to read this book ASAP! The last book was a total shocker for everyone and I absolutely cannot wait to read both these books back to back. It better be an Elena and Raphael book, or there defiantly will be some angry and disappointed readers.
Holly
The good news: this wasn’t as dumb as the previous book

The bad news: this was as needlessly drawn out as the previous book

Lijuan, the baddie who has refused to die for countless books makes yet another appearance and battling her this time takes literally 20 chapters. To say I was over it way before it ended is a vast understatement. I am definitely not in a rush to pick up the next book whenever it comes out.
Jilly
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy, angels
Worth the wait? Yes!
If you are a fan of the series, you love Elena and Raphael as much as I do: with the burning love of a thousand suns. They are right up there with Roarke and Eve, along with these two:

The last book had some crazy, catastrophic stuff go down so I wasn't sure what changes we would see at the start of this. It turned out to be not as huge as I thought, but good. And, now it's time for that thing we have been waiting for: angel war.

Not fairies, angels. It's like you don't even ge
Miss OP
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know I am one of your biggest fans and THIS BETTER be Elena's book lol. Don't mess with me, please. lol

I hate every bitch who reads this book before me.

update. I've this 4 times. Every time it's better. Dear god Singh can write these damn series!!!!
Lila
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
EPIC.
This is THE book, guys.
This is the one I was waiting for a long time.
This is the Endgame movie, The Heart of Obsidian of Guild Hunter series.
The one that finally changes status quo for real and for good.

Everything that was happening since Uram gave way to his bloodlust and went psychopath,through Cascade being the pain in everyone's ass and Elena's mysterious illness... everything was building toward this book.

The story opens right after that cruel cliffhanger Nalini dropped on us at the en
Diana
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow, let’s just say this book is exhausting, especially the last 30%. Of course, Li Juan is up to no good, and by the end, she was plucking my last nerve.

I adored Raphael and Elena, especially their growth of their relationship and powers. The only minor niggle I had was the introduction, of let just say new characters. I couldn’t keep up with everyone. All in all, I really enjoyed this one and it looks like another story is coming up in soon.

Highly recommend, put it part of a series (book 12) s
*P*u*r*p*l*e* Masochist
RELEASE DATE: September 24th 2019

In the meantime, my never-ending prayer for Aodhan's & Illium's book as in mm couple book continues...

AFTER READING:

To be honest, I wasn't impressed with the 1st half of the book at all, wheras the 2nd half was unputdownable. That's why 3 stars.

Bluebell + Sparkle <3
Mindy Lou's Book Review
So much riding on this book and it did not disappoint!

The more I read of Raphael and Elena the more I love and admire these characters. Elena was a fierce warrior in this. Actually, she has been a fierce warrior in all the books. I love the way she has stayed true to herself and still evolved. She is one of my favorite heroines.

The way Raphael fights to stay a little bit human for Elena, even knowing that is considered a weakness to others, shows a man who loves his woman to the fullest. Out of
Sammy Loves Books
That Cover! What Does it Mean? What's up with her Wings?

description

I hated to give this a 3 star..

Full review to come!
♥Rachel♥
The Guild Hunter series quickly became a favorite last year when I binge read all the Elena/Raphael books. The romance between Elena and Raphael has been electric and all-consuming, an epic love! They’ve come a long way over the series, and I love that they face each trial thrown their way together as a united front. This is a series that needs to be read in order, the Elena/Raphael books, at any rate. The others center on other couples and can be read on their own, IMO. While this is book twelv ...more
Lyndi W.
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 5-star
I have three words for you: IMMORTAL FIGHT CLUB

Oh. My. God. That was fucking epic! Currently sitting at 471 pages, this book is a beast that is impossible to put down. I read it straight through and didn't get to sleep until 6am. I'm reading the last few pages and hearing the morning birds chirping thinking "Oh, I could definitely go another 400 pages."

Oh gosh, how to review it without ruining a single thing. I'm not even sure I can and I'm also jacked on caffeine. Let's see...

We start the s
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Archangel’s War is book twelve in the Guild Hunter series by Nalini Singh.

In the last book we where left on a cliffhanger ending and the fate of Elena and Raphael was undetermined. I would definitely recommend reading this series in order.

This novel has many different POV’s at the begging and they revolve around Raphael and Elena who are the main couple of the Guild Hunter series even though we do get other couples featured throughout the series. It was great to get the different perspectives,
Lady Heather
So, I've now read Archangel's War three times since it's release in September 2019.
I enjoyed reading the story the first time because of how the previous book ended Archangel's Prophecy (Holy friggn cliffhanger, Batman!) and I couldn't wait to see where the author was going to take the series after THAT ending.
But, this re-read was so much better.
I picked up a lot more of the hints and clues that were mentioned in the previous books that lead to the build-up and ending of this story arc.

Well Do
Kate
Got to say that I am quite disappointed with this one. I could be mean and say it was near identical to where they were fighting Lijuan the first time in New York but I guess the author wanted to go with a extended development. The end of this book gives the world a clean slate as The Cascade is over. Which leaves us with things that need to be cleared up or can be expanded on. I am still waiting on a book with Sparkle and Bluebell. But Sparkle has gone off to China. What shall happen next?

A lot
Gundega (Rouzmary)
4.5*
What do you call a note that is before text,like the opposite of P.S.? Hmmm
This review is...quite unique-ish as in...nothing can be said, because near everything of Archangel's War is a huge, blaring spoiler. But the book was good, like, good good it will make you feel blessed you're alive now to read it.
So the review is pretty much...how one can not say anything and only the emotions the book evoked ;D

Anyways, let's do this!

Archangel's War
description

Now this right here is a problem I had not anti
Steven
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.

THIS BOOK IS INSANE.

Seriously, chaos. War comes to the planet, and the characters we've come to know and love have to fight to save their world. Like, the WHOLE world.

I don't know how to write this review without spoiling anything, and as this book is a COMPLETE GAMECHANGER for the series, I don't want to spoil even a little bit for you.

There was a little monotony in the battles in the s
Debra Johnson
Archangel's War by Nalini Singh
Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance, Suspense
2.5 Stars (because it was slightly better than book 11)

I am so disappointed. I will tell you upfront, I am discontinuing this series. I have flat out, no doubt about it, had enough.
Enough repetitive thoughts.
Enough with the unnecessary elongated scenes.
Wordy scenes that lead nowhere.
Repetitive dialogue.

Started out well enough then the repetition started with same thoughts we have been bombarded with over and over in t
Blacky *Romance Addict*
Well, thank god.
This book is a big improvement from the last one, lots of stuff happening, a big war on the horizon, new characters, battles, lots and lots.
Me likey.
Only thing that bothered me was the (view spoiler)

And another thank god is that the series is finally moving on, I hope we'll get to see something
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
I feel like I was fighting alongside my favourite angels in this hard and longtime coming war against the unimaginable evil that Lijuan represented. The war was intense and tiring and the repercussions of it would be felt for a long time, but I was really pleased with how it was resolved.
I know that not everyone is happy with this book and how long some things took. For me though, the balance between the relationships and war parts were pretty great. Maybe I'm just obsessed with these character
AlwaysV
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super Wow! Beyond words EPIC! Loved Loved Loved everything that happened from the first sentence until the final one. Wished I could've given this book a couple millions stars. And wished I could go in details about all that I was so crazy in love with as well as all the twisted and turned of events that knocked me stunned speechless! Still suffered from the impact at this moment!

Nalini's GH fans would be blown away! If you haven't tried this series, what are you waiting for? Please enter this w
Carrie Ryan
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I've had the pleasure to read. Ever.
Perfect prose. Perfect action.
I don't tend to have my heart race anymore with action in movies or books...but this one? My pulse raced and I couldn't sleep after I finished it, as if my mind was still in the world and I needed to know what happens next.
Robin (Bridge Four)
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Publisher. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

3.5 Stars

Elena and Raphael have come a long way for me since we met them in the first book of this Psy-Changling series. I think I’m one of the few readers that actually liked all of the stories involving other characters more than the main couple. *Shhh* it’s my dirty little secret. But that all changed during Archangel’s Prophec
Kira
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it

Chaos. It is absolute chaos. The world is overflowing with power, and of course most of it is in the hands of the enemy. Crazy things are happening, and no one knows what it means. Everything leads to a war that is long and arduous.

It was so good! It’s hard to say almost anything about this without giving anything away. It picked up where the last book left off. I was extremely satisfied with the turn of events for Elena and Raphael. I liked all of the scenes with the Legion. A few new
Beth
Wow, just wow! Singh, once again, pulls out all the stops in this pulse intensifying addition to the Guild Hunter series. Let’s just say that I can never get enough of Elena and her kick butt ways.

Warning: Sitting on the edge of your seat, you won’t be able to put Archangel’s War down once you start!

It has all come down to this, a war with Lijuan, the insane archangel with a god complex. Millions of lives wiped out, causing cataclysmic destruction and waking the ancients are just a few of the
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

With the cliffhanger ending of the last book in the series, many readers are biting their nails to see what will come of Elena and Raphael in this installment. As a fan of this series, I was very much looking forward to see what Nalini Singh would do and I’m happy to note that she really went above and beyond what I expected and delivered an epic story for her readers.

ARCHANGEL’S WAR is the twelfth book in the Guild Hunter series and I would definitely recommend reading this series in order
Lover of Romance
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This review was originally posted on Addicted To RomanceI received this book for free from Berkley Publishing Group in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Archangel's War is the newest installment in the Guild Hunter series now before I begin I would like to mention that this won't be too long of a review, and much shorter than what I normally do. I honestly just don't want to spoil this book for anyone and so I am not going to g
Shut Up & Read: Archangel's War by Nalini Singh 20 18 Mar 01, 2020 06:36PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please update page count 2 16 Oct 01, 2019 09:32AM
Vampires, Weres a...: New Release: Archangel's War 14 35 Sep 29, 2019 03:29PM

• Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Emerald Blaze (Hidden Legacy, #5)
  • Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Wicked Bite (Night Rebel, #2)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • Wicked Hour (Heirs of Chicagoland, #2)
  • Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)
  • The Blacksmith Queen (The Scarred Earth Saga, #1)
  • Badger to the Bone (Honey Badger Chronicles, #3)
  • Blood Truth (Black Dagger Legacy, #4)
  • Dark Illusion (Dark #29)
  • Reaper (Demonica Underworld, #9; Demonica, #19)
  • Where Winter Finds You (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #17.5)
  • Leopard's Wrath (Leopard People #11)
  • Aurora Blazing (Consortium Rebellion, #2)
  • Shadows (Dark in You, #5)
  • The Wind's Call (The Broken Lands, #4)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more

Guild Hunter (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1)
  • Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2)
  • Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3)
  • Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4)
  • Archangel's Storm (Guild Hunter, #5)
  • Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6)
  • Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7)
  • Archangel's Enigma (Guild Hunter, #8)
  • Archangel's Heart (Guild Hunter, #9)
  • Archangel's Viper (Guild Hunter, #10)