Start by marking “Lost Shadow (Neverwood Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lost Shadow (Neverwood Chronicles, #3)

Lost Shadow

(Neverwood Chronicles #3)

Not all shadows are monsters.
And some were never meant to die.

Wendy is on a quest for vengeance after Hook kidnapped the lost boys and destroyed their school. Stuck as a shadow, Peter’s body is weakening because each time he dies and regenerates, may be his last. Meanwhile, Wendy is running out of time to track down Hook, save the boys, and rescue Peter before he’s lost
Published December 17th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Lost Shadow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost Shadow

Start your review of Lost Shadow (Neverwood Chronicles, #3)
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
4.5 stars rounded up

Brilliantly done. Loved this series so much.
Stephanie
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic conclusion. Even though the story is based on Peter Pan, Chanda Hahn kept you guessing until the end. Nonstop action and adventure, plus fleshed out and kick-ass characters make this a series you do not want to miss!
Redhead701
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rea
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A couple of years ago, I discovered Lost Girl on offer on Amazon. It’s the sort of thing that very quickly catches my attention, and I’d recently read another Peter Pan retelling, coincidentally also called Lost Girl, that I’d really enjoyed. I was very impressed with Chanda’s Lost Girl, and really loved the ideas she was playing with in this story. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the second book.

When Lost Boy came out, I tried to tell myself I was enjoying it while I was reading, but really
Chrysta
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this series! This was quite the climatic conclusion that was building up throughout the first two, yet the epilogue gave you a sense that she may not be finished just yet with this series. I have loved the twist on the classic Peter Pan, definitely a childhood favorite, & enjoyed watching the development of the characters throughout this series! Hopefully another book is in the works!
Christie Boyer
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great conclusion to the series.Oh I love Peter, Wendy, and all of the other characters. This book was quite the page turner and I hate that the series is over, but definitely happy with how it ended! I can't wait for the next adventure Chanda brings our way.
Ashley DeHart
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book

Well written, easy to follow. Chanda Hahn has done it again. Every book of hers that I read leaves me wanting more.
Lenore Kosinski
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle

3.75 stars — This whole series was so hard to review, because there were things I absolutely ADORED about each installment, like 5 stars awesome! And then there were things that just bugged me and left me confused and didn’t fit. Basically it had the potential to be an absolute favourite, but it just fell short by a wee bit.

Honestly, the imagination it takes to think up the twists and turns of turning Peter Pan into this strange urban fantasy/almost sci-fi
Tina McGonigal
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve love every book of Chanda’s that I’ve had the opportunity to read. Her characters are relatable and the story sucks you in and won’t let you go until the last page. If this is your first series of hers, try any of the others and find yourself equally pulled in to the amazing worlds she creates.
Lost Shadow is the third and final chapter in the Peter Pan-esque trilogy. It opens with Wendy and the remaining lost boys escaping with Tink and the shadow of Peter. They’re desperate to find a safe
Maggie
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Did my favorite book series just end? Well, yes. and I am both sad and happy.
I have been suffering from pneumonia and this was JUST what I needed to make me feel not so louzy! Any time i am feeling down or want to escape reality I re-read Lost Girl/Lost Boy, so the timing of Lost Shadow was somewhat perfect. I just adore this series so much and never get tired of rereading it!
The Neverwood Chronicles captured my heart and never let go since book one!
The epic battle concludes in the final
Taylor
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow! The third installment of the Neverwood Chronicles has ended and it contained all the feels. The writing was phenominal, the pacing was fast and unexpected, and the ending, while neat and tidy, was a beautiful ending to the trilogy. The struggles and love that permeated this book made for a thrilling journey. What started as insta-love (for reasons that became clear as the story unfolded), it was so easy to root for Wendy and Peter. Jax couldn't compete with Peter and their struggles to ...more
Samantha Colbert
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I felt that this was a satisfying conclusion to the trilogy! This time I'm not sure that I saw the twist "coming," but I was a little bit proud to say "a-ha I knew it!" Overall this book, along with the other two in the series, was fun to read, interesting and engaging, thoughtful and inspiring, and just overall worth the time. There may have been a few things, as I was going through it that struck me as odd or out of place or "is now really the time to address the fact that they are having ...more
Holly Johnson
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After Peter pans, he wakes up with no memories and back under Hook's control. Peter must figure out who he is and how to save The Lost Boys.
Wendy will stop at nothing to free Peter and those captured from Neverwood. Their connection is so powerful that even as Peter pans, his shadow stays with Wendy and helps guide her.
In this book we finally learn why the kids have been captured and controlled. The truth about Alice is finally revealed and was something I never anticipated. Chanda leaves no
Ashalyn
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow ok this conclusion to the series was such an awesome ride. Plot twist were coming out at me like crazy but were not overwhelming and made it so much clear as the end. I especially like the fact that the ending although maybe not 100% HEA (well at least on some characters sides) there will was some sort of HEA. Also the last part that leaves it open if Chandra Hahn decides to come back and make more adventures but not enough that you feel completely great with the ending. Well Done!!! BTW if ...more
Kylee George
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lost shadow-
This series took me back to my childhood when I read fanfiction about Peter pan because I wanted to find an actual good story about him. Complete throwback here. Chanda did a good job of making the reader dislike Hook. All the action was great. I do wish there was another book perhaps. Throughout the whole book, I was constantly thinking about what the ending could be. Sometimes I would put the book down and imagine the ending in my own way, but I would end up picking it back up to
Stephanie
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a bittersweet moment. I now know the ending of one of my favorite trilogies but I am so sad that its over. Lost Shadow ends this trilogy perfectly with wrapping up any lose ends and answering questions I’ve had since Lost Girl. Wendy and Peter’s love story does not disappoint and I read it as quickly as I could to find out their fate. I love how the book incorporates the classic Peter Pan story in a new and exciting way. If you haven’t already go read Lost Girl, and Lost Boy. You will not ...more
#ByFelicia
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I’m a little mind blown right now. Hahn did an amazing job bringing the story together. Peter, Wendy, Tink, and the lost boys rally together to take down Hook and Neverland once and for all. It’s an epic battle royale. Action and suspense through and through. Tender moments between friends and family. My heart strings were strung out! I totally did not see that plot twist coming, well played! Definitely worth the read and I most definitely recommend.
Brandy Barber
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe this is the end to a great series. I loved every twist and turn of it. We get to see some old characters come out and play. This book took us all the way back to the beginning. We go for a ride we didn't know was coming. This book twisted up the story so many ways. This book ended at a good spot. It can at some point be opened back up if need be But we got the closer we needed. Wendy and Peter will always be my superheros.
Melenia
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
It seems to wrap up far to quickly for the pace of the story which sours my taste of the book. I enjoyed it up to that point and enjoyed the series as a whole. If you have read the first two you definitely have to read this one to have a completed story line, but it definitely could have had a few more chapters.
Angela
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! I absolutely loved this book. I was completely pulled into this series from the first book (Lost Girl) and wanted nothing more than to read the entire series. Chanda Hahn did an excellent job continuing this story and keeping me engaged and wanting more. I didn't expect the story to go how it did, but I loved that it was something different and not the typical storyline.
Cherish Kasner
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was the last book in the series and it didn't disappoint. The love triangle between Wendy, Jax and Peter was definitely different. The twist at the end was unexpected. The main good characters became like friends to me as I read. I was kinda cheering for Jax. I was happy with the end though. Great book!
Gayla File
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great story. Going on this ride with Wendy, Peter and the Lost Boys is a roller coaster ride! They're a lot of ups and downs. And the ending is spectacular. Will there be another book? What will happen with Jeremy? Can't wait to find out. Thank you for the thrilling ride, Chanda Hahn!
Heather
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

An excellent way to wrap up the trilogy. Maybe? There were a lot of twists and turns through the story. It kept he interested and riveted to the storyline. I definitely recommend this series.
Jessica Holbrook
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so sad this series has come to an end but also so happy with how it ended! I have read and enjoyed every one of Chanda Hahn's books and this one was definitely no exception! I have no idea where her brilliant ideas come from but I am so happy she continues to write and end such great series!
Bethany Holman
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I came across this series just under a year ago and I flew through Lost Girl and Lost Boy. Unfortunately it took me a while to actually get round to reading Lost Shadow but it did not disappoint. It picks up right where Lost Boy finished and gets you hooked straight away. I love the twists and turns that are put into this book, just as you think you have one thing figured out it ends up turning again. It really brings a classic tale that everyone knows and loves into the modern era without ...more
Jasmine
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Woooow

Excellent conclusion to such an interesting series. Ms. Hahn is 1 of my favorite authors and her reimagination of Peter Pan, Wendy and the lost boys kept me hooked to the very last word. I eagerly await the next book she releases!
Jacquelynn Sloan
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story has been so special to me it’s hard to realize it’s come to an end. Completely worth the read you will not be disappointed at all to see how the relationships evolve and to see how they each grow so much.
Mollie Bradford
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great ending to a great reimagined tale.

I enjoyed the final book in this Nederland series. There were so many surprises I wasn't expecting. Hahn wrapped the series up in a way that paid tribute to the original in it's own unique way.
Heidi
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-literature
I shouldn't have been so worried about reading this. So many ends of book series bug me. I was hesitant because of that. However, this was great. A bit like a fairy tale Hunger Games. I wish I had someone to chat with about it.
Katie
Jul 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I was super into this series through the first two books, but the direction the story took in the last book was just not for me. I didn't really care for how things came together and what the end game was. Although, I continued to enjoy all of the ties ins/twists from the classic tale.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Happily Ever Afters: A Reimagining of Snow White and Rose Red (The Four Kingdoms, #2.5)
  • A Captive of Wing and Feather: A Retelling of Swan Lake (Beyond the Four Kingdoms Book 5)
  • A Midwinter's Wedding (The Four Kingdoms, #3.5)
  • A Dream of Ebony and White: A Retelling of Snow White (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #4)
  • The Princess Pact: A Twist on Rumpelstiltskin (The Four Kingdoms, #3)
  • Pathways (Kingdom Chronicles, #1)
  • The Princess Game: A Reimagining of Sleeping Beauty (The Four Kingdoms, #4)
  • A Dance of Silver and Shadow (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #1)
  • A Tale of Beauty and Beast (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #2)
  • A Crown of Snow and Ice: A Retelling of The Snow Queen (Beyond the Four Kingdoms #3)
  • The Princess Fugitive: A Reimagining of Little Red Riding Hood (The Four Kingdoms, #2)
  • The Princess Companion (The Four Kingdoms, #1)
  • Spelled (The Kingdom Chronicles, #2)
  • The Princess Search (The Four Kingdoms, #5)
  • Magnolia Steele Mystery Box Set
  • 10 Ways to Survive Christmas with Your Ex: A 27 Ways Novella (27 Ways Series Book 3)
  • Reign of Mist (Book of Sindal Book Two)
  • Failed Future (Air Awakens: Vortex Chronicles, #3)
Chanda Hahn is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of Reign An Unfortunate Fairy Tale. She was born in Seattle, WA, grew up in Nebraska and currently resides in Portland, Oregon with her husband and their twin children. She attended North Central University in Minneapolis Minnesota for Childrens Ministry. She was also a children's pastor, bookseller and children's librarian.

Books

Neverwood Chronicles (3 books)
  • Lost Girl (The Neverwood Chronicles, #1)
  • Lost Boy (The Neverwood Chronicles, #2)