Start by marking “Hot for a Cowboy (Smokin’ Hot Cowboys, #4)” as Want to Read:
Hot for a Cowboy (Smokin’ Hot Cowboys, #4)

Hot for a Cowboy

(Smokin’ Hot Cowboys #4)

Two flames burn way hotter than one...

Eden Rafferty has lost it all: big time career, high-profile marriage, and just about everything she owns. Coming back to Wildcat Bluff with her tail between her legs, the only person who can help her heal is cowboy firefighter Shane Taggart. But nothing is simple, and their high-octane past is just the beginning of their current probl
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published February 26th 2019 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Hot for a Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot for a Cowboy

Start your review of Hot for a Cowboy (Smokin’ Hot Cowboys, #4)
Andrea Peralta
It's not often that I judge a book but its cover, but a cowboy who is also a firefighter! I needed to know more about this awesomeness. This is my first Kim Redford book and I enjoyed her writing style. Eden and Shane had hot chemistry, even though the storyline is often seen on small-town /cowboy books. Overall, it's an enjoyable read, with a cute town setting and funny well thought secondary characters. I will be looking to read more stories by Kim Redford.

ARC received through Netgalley in exc
Donna Repsher
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Hot for a Cowboy is the fourth book in Kim Redford's Smokin' Hot Cowboys series. I really enjoyed the first book in this series, and wasn't at all happy with books #2 and #3, but I thought I'd give this installment a try in hopes that the author would have recaptured the things I liked so much in Book #1. I'm sad to say, it didn't happen, and although I tried several times over the past week to read this novel to the end, I simply couldn't, and I can only give it a 2-star rating for several reas ...more
Susan Rickard
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
HOT FOR A COWBOY by Kim Redford is an entertaining story with colorful characters. A second chance romance in a small town with a villain of an 'ex'! A community comes together trying to save a long serving radio station. This story has lots of good-looking volunteer firefighters with neighbors and friends for life!
Seara
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was great loved the country setting. Author did a great job with the story line. Can't wait to read more from this author!!! Awesome job!!
Pelusa Rivera
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
We have a second chance romance with Eden and Shane. Eden comes back home after having a disastrous marriage to a complete cheating jerk of an ex husband, he not only took away her money, house, job but also her voice when she fell fleeing from catching him cheating on her. She comes back home to where she always felt comfortable and runs into a love she has never forgotten, Shane but now she is second guessing her choices and does not trust herself. Shane loves eden but he has a secret he is ke ...more
Heather andrews
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shane you know likes to have his girl visualize certain things, “I don’t want to talk at all.” And he tossed back the covers to reveal what she did to him." Shane is a great negotiator“We’ll sleep in my room.” He guided her in that direction. “If I can’t watch over you to make sure you’re safe, I won’t sleep a wink.” I liked this book, I liked Shane.
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

I have always enjoyed returning to Wildcat Bluff and HOT FOR A COWBOY was no exception. This time we’ll watch one woman who has lost everything and returned home in imagined disgrace, and the one man who still sees her as his special lady find a second chance at love… if they can get beyond the past.

Almost a decade ago, Eden left Wildcat Bluff for California where she had a successful career, married, and seemed to be living her dream… until her slimeball jerk of a n
Margie
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Eden Rafferty has just returned to Wildcat Bluff in a sorry state. Her career in Los Angeles is lost thanks to her lowdown, snake-in-the-grass, lying, cheating ex-husband and on top of destroying her career the slimeball has taken almost everything she owned in the divorce. Ranch radio station KWCD in the Wildcat Den which was left to her by her Uncle Clem is all she has left. It's where she got her start in broadcasting with DJ Wildcat Jack. Now it's where she intends to start over.

One day afte
Mags
Feb 23, 2019 rated it liked it
3.25⭐

This was a strange story for me. As I liked the idea of it, the setting and the wide range of characters, particularly some of the more memorable and quirky ones. But, I felt like I was missing something and I don't know whether that was because this is book four in a series I've not read before. Or it's simply because of the way this story was written, and although I found it easy enough to get into and to stay engaged. I did feel like everything between main characters Eden and Shane happ
Leslie Ooten
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
This just wasn't a story for me. It was impossible for me to get into the story, and I wasn't really a fan of either main character. First up is Eden's voice, or lack there of I suppose. I've heard of kids refusing to talk when something traumatic happens, but an adult falling down the stairs and losing her voice? Maybe I missed something, but it doesn't make sense to me. The first person she runs into is her ex Shane. He knows that he should tell her that he's pretty much taking away the main t ...more
Wanda
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hot for a Cowboy by Kim Redford is about second chances. Eden comes back home after having a terrible marriage. She comes back home to get her life back together again, and then she re connects with Shane. She always had feelings for him, but after her marriage failure she doesn't always trust herself. Shane has feelings for her also, but he also had a secret to tell her.

This story is steamy!. If you love a hot and sexy cowboy story with well developed characters and a plot that keeps you turni
Deanna Stevens
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was a difficult book for me to read and review. I even put it aside and tried to come back to it to see if the story would capture my attention. Unfortunately, that didn't help. The heroine I found hard to like. The hero was somewhat better. I finished it, but it was one of those that took forever. It may be just a story that was not my cup of tea. I would definitely read another book by this author to see if it was just this particular book.

I received an advance copy from the publisher vi
Lori
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I received an advanced copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoy reading second chance romance books and I’m always looking for new authors. I find that NetGalley is the perfect place to try out new books by new authors- but you can’t always know how good the book is going to be since you are one of the first reviewers.

I normally love the books I request, but this one I didn’t “love” as much as I thought I would. It was an ok story that took a lot of twists and
Lovely Loveday
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A story of a second chance at romance as Eden and Shane find their way back to each other. You will enjoy each heart-pounding encounter and steamy love scenes. HOT FOR A COWBOY is a captivating love story that is perfect for anyone who loves a steamy hot romance with a sexy cowboy as the lead character.
Cali Jewel
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A thrilling, sexy, fun and engaging adventure filled with lots of passion. Highly entertaining second chance romance that was both emotionally thrilling and sweetly heartwarming. Hooked from beginning to end and loved every exciting moment.
Skyler
May 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
The romantic chemistry between the characters was okay, however the story line was tired. I ended up having several, "what the heck?" moments throughout with how odd the plot was. It also became very redundant towards the end. I'm a huge fan of cowboy romance novels, but this just wasn't it.
Brandi
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Just when Eden had lost it all she was able to realize life had so much to offer. Leaving her small town behind to gain fame she found everything she was looking for and the happiness that had always seemed out of her reach.
Deb MEEKER
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good book, love this series. Can hardly wait for Slade's story.
Tegan Jenner
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute, I was glad that it had some plot outside of just the romance. I would consider reading on with the series.
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

Rating: ★★★☆☆ (3/5 Stars)
Title: Hot For A Cowboy
Content Rating: R
POV: Third Person
Smexy Level: Hot
Favorite Quote(s):
― “My heart’s always been in Wildcat Bluff.”
― “Eden, we’re meant to be together,” he rasped in a voice that conveyed much deeper emotion than mere words. “It’s always been that way. You ran long and hard, but you came bac
Jacqueline
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Disappointed...
You all know that me being me, I like me a good romance, ESPECIALLY if their are cowboys involved....but this, right from the get go it jumped right in. No build up, jumpy, and repetitive in the plot. Maybe it was just the writing style I couldn't do, but damn...I couldn't finish it. Maybe 80 pages till the end and more and more problems come up? With the way its written you CAN'T have only 80 pages without it being some merical that'll just bring it right back around! 2, because
Jeanne M. Fox
Jul 03, 2020
Ashley
Aug 18, 2019
Cathy
rated it did not like it
Nov 28, 2019
Mary Billingsley
May 06, 2020

• My Favorite Cowboy (Heart of Texas #3)
  • Slow Ride (Road to Love, #2)
  • It Started with a Cowboy (Cowboys of Creedence #3)
  • The Rancher's Secret Love (The Montana McGregor Brothers, #2)
  • The Cowboy Next Door (Montana Strong, #2)
  • The Trouble with Cowboys (Wishing River, #1)
  • Unbroken Cowboy (Gold Valley, #5)
  • Cowboy to the Core (Gold Valley, #6)
  • Sweet Summer Sunset (Coldwater Texas, #3)
  • Hard Loving Cowboy (Crossroads Ranch, #3)
  • To Catch an Earl (Bow Street Bachelors, #2)
  • The Christmas Cowboy Hero (Heart of Texas, #1)
  • Breaking His Rules
  • Claiming Sarah (Ace Security, #5)
  • Lone Wolf Cowboy (Gold Valley, #7)
  • Jilted Jock (A Cocky Hero Club Novel)
  • Cocky Protector (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Vengeful Bastard
Kim Redford is an acclaimed bestselling author of Western romance novels. She grew up in Texas with cowboys, cowgirls, horses, cattle, and rodeos for inspiration. She divides her time between homes in Texas and Oklahoma, where she’s a rescue cat wrangler and horseback rider—when she takes a break from her keyboard. Visit her at http://www.kimredford.com.

“The attraction between Trey and Misty is in

Smokin’ Hot Cowboys (7 books)
  • A Cowboy Firefighter for Christmas (Smokin’ Hot Cowboys, #1)
  • Blazing Hot Cowboy (Smokin' Hot Cowboys, #2)
  • A Very Cowboy Christmas (Smokin’ Hot Cowboys, #3)
  • Cowboy Firefighter Christmas Kiss (Smokin’ Hot Cowboys, #5)
  • Cowboy Firefighter Heat (Smokin' Hot Cowboys, #6)
  • Smokin' Hot Cowboy Christmas (Smokin' Hot Cowboys, #7)