Start by marking “The Meltdown (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #13)” as Want to Read:
The Meltdown (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #13)

The Meltdown

(Diary of a Wimpy Kid #13)

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  1,576 Ratings  ·  138 Reviews
When a wintry blast closes Greg Heffley’s middle school, it turns his neighborhood into a battleground, complete with snow forts, alliances, betrayals, and epic snowball fights.
Paperback
Published October 30th 2018 by Amulet Books

To ask other readers questions about The Meltdown, please sign up.
Anastasia You buy it from amazon kindle version or hardcover
Alex If you mean download from Goodreads' website, click "Kindle Store," and once you buy it from there, I think you can send it to a Kindle or device with…moreIf you mean download from Goodreads' website, click "Kindle Store," and once you buy it from there, I think you can send it to a Kindle or device with the Kindle app. I think you can also read it directly on Amazon's site if you're singed in.(less)

mewborn ~my past does not define me. my strength is an illusion. my calm hides a storm. my innocence is not ignorance~
So Diary of a Wimpy Kid is just that one series that I can't stop checking if they have new books, and reading them over and over again. It isn't one of those Harry Potter books, but it's one that I can't seem to let go! I am so excited for this new book, you have no idea!
#teenagerstillinlovewithkidbooksisperfectlynormal
✨Molly✨
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HELL ya! #13☺
Jessica
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, middle-grade
Greg suffers through a winter that starts out unseasonably warm and then takes a cold, dark turn. As per the usual, Kinney nails life in middle school, the smells, the general weirdness of your fellow students, unreasonable parents and teachers. And then, of course, it all ramps up into something cuckoo-banana-pants!
aarav gupta
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BEST BOOK

This book was really awesome. I never want these books to finish. This book is great too pass the time if you are bored.
Kiera
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jeff Kinney does it again!
Greg never ceases to amuse me.
I loved the Meltdown and can't wait for the next book!
I always thought that Greg was in highschool because of all he books in the series but he's in middle school. That's like 4 books per school year. I can't wait till we get a book where Greg goes to high school. I think that would be hilarious!
Overall 4 stars!
Joanna
Ryk Stanton
Some of these books are good, others not so much. This one had a few laughs but it was not as good as others I have read in the series.
Inqiad Bin
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me get this straight, wimpy kid is a kinda book that u simply can't stop reading. Jeff Kinney writes it in such a way that even 80 year old people are amused while reading it. It is much better than Harry Potter... Wimpy kid books are not that serious and they have more amusing situations that H.P books. The Wimpy Kid books are GOAT ( greatest of all time)
Tenzin Namse
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shishir
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am going to buy this book (real) and totally recommend it to friends (sarcasm)
Kelly K
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Always an amusing read and the kids think I'm the coolest librarian because I've read the new book so everyone wins.
Safa
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cool
Thomas Chung
When Greg Heffley's neighborhood starts snowing-a lot-he wonders what he could possibly do in the winter. He can't stay inside because of his mother, and he isn't going to school either. Suddenly, a war starts to erupt in his street. Will he make it out the same? I really like Jeff Kinney's books because they're always funny, pretty short, and they portray middle school very interestingly. I couldn't put the book down, and I was chuckling throughout. I would recommend this book to people that wa ...more
Jackie
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wacky weather is highlighted (and a subtle political statement on climate change is thrown in) as Greg and his best friend experience winter as temperatures go down and snow piles up. Snow days are the be-all-and -end-all for school kids, but when too much time is on their hands, things get ugly.

Greg’s mother locks the kids out of the house telling them to have fun in the snow and Greg’s father teaches them battle strategy for snowball fights. You guessed it, The Meltdown is another crazy, wild
Fred Forbes
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yes, I know its a kid's book but having read the previous 12, I guess I am "in for a penny, in for a pound"! Fun break from my more serious reading I found this one, devoted to "more snow than normal" and the "tyranny" of the all girl safety patrol and life in general from the perspective of a middle school lad. Appeals to my sophomoric sense of humor and memories of those years and the characters I grew up with. Have a good time - great mental popcorn!
Connor Reilly
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Greg Heffley is experiencing something he never had before; a ton of snow coming down all at once. With school closed for quite a while due to the snow, he and his friend Rowley are walking one day when they are attacked by some of the other neighborhood kids. After building a fort against all the other kids, they get attacked once again, but this time its their whole neighborhood being attacked. Will he make it out alive?
Erika Gentry
Bought 4 copies of this-1 for each of my kids and 2 for my classroom library. Wasn’t planning on reading it until I was sitting around and it was the only book near me to kill some time with. There are definitely some laugh out loud scenarios that I shared with my kids and students (without spoiling it). Being a mom-I definitely saw myself in Greg Heffley’s mom a few times (cracked me up). Also-there’s a character with the last name of Gentry-loved that! ...but his first name is Pervis!!! A 10 y ...more
Ash
Hilarious as always. This volume focused more on Greg’s classmates and neighborhood kids mostly and focused on winter and snow as the title suggests. Rowley was there for most part of the book which made it better than some other volumes. But I missed Greg’s brother Rodrick and family as they were there for very few panels. Still my favorite.
Ryan Sood
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was very similar to the other books in the Diary of a Wimpy kid series. This book was very funny and quick to read. It n the book there is a lot of snow and the kids in the neighborhood have a snowball fight. I would recommend this book to anyone who like the other books in this series.
Emily
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don’t know how Jeff Kinney does it, but every single one of his books about Greg Heffley makes me laugh. Even though this is book 13, Greg’s middle school adventures are still funny and relatable!!
Julie Suzanne
I definitely laughed several times while reading the first half of the book… Heffley is still such a typical middle school boy!
Chris Haak
I enjoyed a rare opportunity to read aloud with my nearly-11 year old son with this one. The book is funny and we laughed a few times, but we didn’t laugh out loud nearly as much as we have in the other Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. It also seemed a little thin on other characters besides Greg and Rowley.

There were a few really funny parts, but it just seemed that there were fewer of them than in some of the other books in the series.
Charlie Roche
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorite series growing up and The Meltdown just came out so I had to read it. This book was just as good as the rest in the series. Good series, good, book, good author. I recommend for anyone.
Kayleigh Bigwarfe
Greg Heffley has suffered at greatly at the hands of middle school. IN the middle of the winter it is all of the sudden 90 degrees (fahrenheit) out and the next day it is snowing several inches. When the school doles out a snow day, the kids on his street wage war. Between the upper street and the lower street, the fight goes on for hours. Will Greg be able to survive the snow?
Holli
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-books
Started good, then became a confused mess toward the end.
Library_geek
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, teens
Jeff Kinney you have done it again, The Meltdown is bound to be a Wimpy Kid fan favourite and had me engrossed from beginning to end. Greg Heffley kept me entertained and had me hooked from the beginning, when his imagination runs wild – thinking about his own talking toilet, unfrozen cavemen and cyborg legs so he can sleep on his way to school. I am sure none of this surprises a Wimpy Kid fan, but as a fairly new reader to the series I continue to be amazed at how talented Jeff Kinney is and ho ...more
Fizzgig76
Greg Heffley isn’t too worried about global warming. Despite claims of rising temperatures, Greg’s neighborhood is caught in a deep freeze. The bitter rivalry between Upper and Lower Surrey Street is raging and epic snowball fight is building. With alliances being tested, Greg and the kids of his streets must defend their kingdom and lands…with winter at stake!

Written and illustrated by Jeff Kinney, Diary of a Wimpy Kid 13: The Meltdown was released on October 30, 2018. The young-adult novel is
Owen
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Diary of a wimpy kid the meltdown by Jeff Kinney Choice number 1 Quater 2

The main characters are Greg Heffley, Rodrick, Susan, Frank, Rowley, The neighbors

The main conflict is that Greg and his neighbors on higher Surry street are trying to make it so the lower Surry street kids don't try to sled down their hill.

On one day Greg Heffley wakes up one day and sees snow falling down to the ground and walks up to his window and sees a bunch of snow on the ground. He thinks it is going to be a snow
Mariano Antolin
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hello everybody! I just finished reading the hilarious book, “The Meltdown”, part of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid Series, by Jeff Kinney. I haven’t read a Diary of a Wimpky kid and years, and I forgot what they were like! They are hilarious, and I used to love these books, because they have me laughing hestaricaly, and there pretty interesting if you keep reading. The only reason I made it only four stars instead of five, was because its pretty short, and I finished it in a few minutes, but that’s o ...more
Jeff Kinney is an author of children's books including Diary of a Wimpy Kid book series. Jeff was born in College Park, Maryland, in 1971 where he created a comic strip called "Igdoof."He also created the children's website 'Poptropica'.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #1)
  • Rodrick Rules (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #2)
  • The Last Straw (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #3)
  • Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #4)
  • The Ugly Truth (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #5)
  • Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #6)
  • The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #7)
  • Hard Luck (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #8)
  • The Long Haul (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #9)
  • Old School (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #10)