Start by marking “Forest of Glass” as Want to Read:
Forest of Glass

Forest of Glass

As a nobleman's bastard, Leith has known for years he has no place in his father's castle. When a lord of the Fair folk offers him a bargain--serve a year in their court in exchange for his own title--he sees a chance to make his fortune. But the realm of the Fair, devoted to pleasures Leith has never known, has dangers all its own...and none more perilous than love.

From t
Published October 30th 2018 (first published July 10th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Forest of Glass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forest of Glass

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review

Sold off as a sexual slave is the strongest message a parent could give an unwanted bastard child. Leith of Calish is the Lord of the Manor's oldest child. Unfortunately for Leith, his mother is not the Lord's wife. One year, Leith's father is unable to provide the tithe required by the Fair. In exchange for riches and jewels, Lord Calish throws his son Leith at Orias, Lord of the Fair.

This is where the story begins with a naked illegitimate boy, tossed away by his own father into a world of ma
M'rella

Beautifully written, however not without a few hitches here and there. Review to follow.
Elizabetta
Leith Inmer, a bastard son, is given by his father as a gift to the Fair, a mysterious band of other-worldly folk who roam the land looking for humans with special talents to serve in their court. Leith is young, beautiful, and innocent and has a rare gift for music making. He has also caught the eye of the Fair leader, Lord Orias. They travel to the Forest of Glass -- to the Citadel, a fantastical, monstrous cluster of ancient trees that give home to the Fair folk in their limbs between the for ...more
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jul 23, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to JustJen "Miss Conduct" by: Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Shelves: ebook, mm, fantasy, bdsm-d-s
This book has a lot of potential throughout the story. However, I found I was a little disappointed more than once when it just didn't seem to take things far enough. More than once, it pulled me into the scene and the world of the Fair, with plenty of details up to the actual scene. But, once the scene began, the details were kind of stingy, then the scene was over, and the story moved on.

For example, this is labeled as BDSM. There are descriptions of the "pleasure room," and Leith is taken th
Dreamer
Some beautiful language and imagery in this well-written novella. I would have gone to 5 stars but I craved a darker ending. I do like the cover but I feel that Ash appears far too brutish.

This is the intensely atmospheric tale of the naive Leith, a nobleman's bastard and talented musician who agrees to serve the Fair (Fae) Lord Orias for one year in exchange for lordship of his own castle. He becomes fascinated by impressive warrior and wolf keeper Ash, slave to Orias' sister, the sinister Bel
Beck
Aug 25, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, fantasy, sugar-kink
I don't usually read fantasy romance/erotica because I find that authors are either good at one genre or the other rather than both. John Tristan can write fantasy really well but this novella left me wanting. If I am going to wade my way through a fantasy world; learn the names; glean an understanding of the society; make an effort to suspend reality & enter the authors carefully constructed world; then I want my effort to be rewarded. I want an epic saga where something happens. I want evi ...more
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Fantasy is one of my favorite genres because I love experiencing the new worlds created. This book has a very interesting world that's made out of the forest. It was one of my favorite things about the book because it seriously is really cool.

However, this story had a lot of potential that it didn't use. The characters are interesting but it doesn't go into much detail about them. I was interested in how Leith got in the situation he got into and how he would cope with being taken to a foreign p
Ayanna
I take issue with the sheer amount of "is not (of/for)..."
After about the third or fourth one, it got quite annoying, to say the least.
And then there was a double comma. Way to edit.

Anyways, the book really picks up after this rather rocky start.

I mean, I originally created the e-or-e shelf because I didn't want to say "quality" and thereby imply that anything else not included in the shelf was crap. It was just a way of setting apart those that I feel like were well-written and multi-faceted/-
Page Crusherz
3.5

Good story and entrained me, even though its not my preferred genre. I liked the beginning of the world creating, but I wish there was a little more to it. I went into this thinking it would be like Bee Among the Clover, and it was similar, but I wish there was a little more MC development too. It was a good novel though, and I really enjoyed reading it.
Charley Robson
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dark prophecies, wild courts, whirlwind loves, and a court where passions run between love and murder as quick as blinking - what's not to like?

I surprised myself by how much I enjoyed Forest of Glass. I'm not usually one for romance, and I'm even less one for explicit romance (oh yeah, sensitive readers? here be sexytimes - far from the most detailled or debauched, and very nicely presented, but cover your eyes if you're not into that). But this? This I like.

Small disclaimer: I'm not going to
J
Dec 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Somewhat different with some surprises. Ending was blasé.
UnusualChild{beppy}
synopsis:
leith is the bastard son of a lord and raised below stairs because his mother died while giving birth to him and his father can't forgive that. then leith is sold to the fairies for a year. he is taken to their world and introduced to the bacchanalia that goes on there. he sees ash, the gamekeeper there, and also a human, and is instantly smitten, but can't do anything about it because he belongs to the fairie king. when leith and ash spend a night together, their attraction is cemented
Becky Condit
Jan 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 3/4 stars

This is a slow-rolling story. There are no action sequences per se, there is not a steamy love story. It’s just a nice read that takes you along with it. One thing to note: This story is noted as a BDSM story, but there are very few scenes that qualify. A few instances, but they’re short and light, nothing too harsh at all.

Please see Mr. P's complete review on February 15, 2013 at http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/index....
Michael Joseph
Jul 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay-bdsm, gay-fantasy
My full review of Forest of Glass can be found on BDSM Book Reviews.

In short, this is a really well-built medieval fantasy world of magic and nature. There's a bit of kink, but this is not purely erotica. It's a very well-done story of lust and love, and the difference between the two.
V
Jul 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gorgeous cover.
This is my first attempt to read a Fantasy story, I didn't get some parts and I had to read them twice, I blame my poor English skills and is definitely not the author's fault.
Overall, I really like it.
Alison
Definitely enjoyed it. :-) Would recommend it.
Rick
Dec 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my typical genre (medieval) - this is a well written book. I easily got hooked - the two main characters you can help fall in love with.
Moniqee
Jul 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really nice fantasy story that touched my heart when they finally left the forrest.
Serena.. Sery-ously?
Aug 22, 2012
Philipp
Mar 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I'm John, and I write gay romance, usually with a SF/F twist.

As for reading, I will read pretty much everything you put in front of me, but I will always have a special love for all genre fiction. I'm of the firm belief no story can't be improved by an elf, dragon and/or spaceship or two!