Start by marking “His Saint (Forever Wilde #5)” as Want to Read:
His Saint (Forever Wilde #5)

His Saint

(Forever Wilde #5)

Augie:
I don't need anyone's protection. I'm fine. But to appease my sister after a home invasion, I agree to take self-defense lessons. They just so happen to be with a big, muscled former navy SEAL who may or may not be everything I've always daydreamed about but never thought I could have.

And he's dead-set on looking out for me even when things in my life suddenly get co
Published November 5th 2018

To ask other readers questions about His Saint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Saint

Start your review of His Saint (Forever Wilde #5)
Shile
4 stars for the Audiobook

3 stars for Story

Grandpa is a Marian... What The Fuck? 🤔 😂

I liked it. It was nice hanging out with the Wilde family.
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

Augie bugged the hell out of me. I don't even know how he functioned as an adult, especially running his own business and everything. A home invasion would terrify me too, but Augie was so stubborn, immature, and closed off. He was always assuming the worst about Saint and pushing him away.

Saint was, well, a saint. The man put up with a lot of crap from Augie, although he did the push-pull dance himself, kissing Augie passionately and then freaking out because Augie was a client.

The myste
Meags
4 Stars

After reading many of my GR friends’ reviews, I honestly went into this Wilde story with lowered expectations… but thank god for that, because as it turns out, I didn’t share any of my friends’ qualms with this story (or its characters) so I ended up genuinely enjoying myself!

This one is somewhat of a bodyguard/protector trope romance, with ex-navy SEAL Saint Wilde stepping in and teaching wealthy antiques dealer August Stiel how to protect himself after a string of break-ins and burglari
Erth
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Augie loves his antiques. When his home is broken into he hides in his attic. As devastating as the senseless destruction done to his collection, he is more shaken up by the fear overshadowing his life. He decides that learning to protect himself will help him take back control.

Saint, in trouble for a comment he made about a client, is sent to Hobie as a punishment. Giving self defense lessons doesn’t rank high on his list of things to do. Until he sees the delicious man he will be helping.

Augie
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Bummer, bummer, bummer.

I couldn't wait for this one. Just the mention of Saint in the other books had me so completely intrigued by him.

He didn't knock my socks off. He came across, I don't know, as too soft and not at all what I was expecting. He just read totally different than he did in the other books. I think I was really ready for a bold, gruff, Navy Seal player type. I dunno. I did like him. He was compassionate and well, passionate but he didn't read strong to me.

Augie. I don't think I
~Volha~
Aug 10, 2019 rated it liked it
This was an okay read for me. I didn't hate it but neither did I love it. I liked Auggie and his internal struggle with his insecurities. Saint was a bit arrogant at times but I enjoyed his relationship with his siblings especially MJ. One of my pet peeves in this book was overuse of the word dude. (Weird, I know) The culprit was evident from the beginning and as the book progressed, there it was right in the open. Maybe after reading so many mystery/suspense books, I wanted it to be a little mo ...more
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Aug 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, guys-with-guns
His Saint Augie

Another solid addition to the Wilde series. Always fun to revisit Hobie Texas with the bunch. This time we get Saint's love story with the sweet antique shop owner Augie.
Cadiva
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another satisfying romance in the Wilde family series

I liked lots of this romance including Saint's absolute determination that Augie was his person and that he'd do whatever it took to let him know he was there for him and Augie's awareness that Saint needed someone to look after him too.

The mystery/suspense element of the narrative also worked well for most of the book. Although I didn't think one part of it really got the necessary time spent on it dealing with the fallout - it felt a bit "wh
Santy
2.5 Stars

Something was missing here.

I loved Lucy’s writing as usual and the Wilde’s were perfect but I just didn’t get lost in the story like I did for the previous books in this series.

I think it’s because I didn’t connect with the MCs. I liked Saint well enough but couldn’t get Augie. His insecurity and low self-esteem I understood, but his insistence on pushing away help and comfort when he obviously needed both desperately did not endear him to me. I just couldn’t get it.

Also, the emotiona
Vanna
3.5 stars!! 💕 Really liked it💖.. not my favorite in this series, but still very enjoyable.
Augie, a sweet young man in his late twenties despite being wealthy has his share of baggage (traumatic childhood/stoic family/bullied in school); but he finds his salvation in the small-town of Hobie and his antiques shop. Soon after settling down however, his life seems threatened by an unknown enemy when his home is burgled and car gets broken into twice. His childhood fears now renewed, he takes the ad
Chris
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, favorites
I really enjoyed this - so adorable and sweet. Both Augie & Saint resonated with me and I felt connected with both characters. Saint was a gentleman who showed compassion & empathy for Augie, even before he understood the triggers and traumas Augie was battling. This one just hit the right spot for me - loved it ! ...more
Denise H.
* Lucy Lennox books just get better and more exciting. Loved the opposites attracting, and the smaller/larger guys.
* Augie/August Stiel, 28, is an antique dealer
who has been the target of a home burglary.

His sister insists he take self defense classes. We learn why he's so timid.
* Former Navy SEAL, tall hunk, Saint Wilde, 31, is working as a Security Expert, when he's moved to teach the classes.

He finds Augie adorable, and after class they spend time together.

I liked each of these men, an
Eugenia
Jan 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Meh...

This one is my least favorite of the bunch thus far. I felt very little chemistry between Saint and Augie.

I liked Saint, the ex-navy SEAL turned bodyguard. Augie, the nervous antiques dealer lacked so much confidence that he put me off.

Lennox tried her hand at a little bit of intrigue and action in this one, but it didn’t work for me. I don’t think the story needed it.

So...unless you’re a die-hard Lennox fan, you might want to skip this one.
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
I doubt this author can top my fave book of hers: #6 in this series.

This def didn't come close. Dragged on. I dunno, I didn't really connect with either character.

BUT, it's always hot when the topper bottoms. The willingness to be vulnerable for the guy he loves.

I skipped most of this, just read the naughty bits.

Moving on.
haletostilinski
4.25 stars!

This book was about Saint, Otto's older Navy SEAL brother from previous books and Augie, the antique store owner we met from the last book.

Augie is a small, shy guy who has pretty bad insecurities about himself and who thinks no one will ever want him do to bullying - by his own family at times - when he was growing up and people making him feel like shit throughout his life.

When his house his broken into one night and he finds himself hiding in a hide-y hole above his closet the wh
Neta
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book was hard for me to like, mainly because of Augie, he is so clearly and illogically insecure and instead of it making you care for him you just feel annoyed by him. To me his constant doubt in Saint, especially when they get to know each other and become intimate did not make sense and felt like a way to drag out their eventual 'getting together' moment.
Another thing I found hard was that from the very beginning of the book you have very clear clues about what is going on the the autho
♡❀✦☞ Sammy ☜✦❀♡
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

His Saint is the fifth book in Lucy Lennox’s Forever Wilde series. We have met both Saint and Augie in past books, though I think the story would stand alone pretty well. What you miss jumping in here is meeting the extended Wilde clan, many of whom make appearances in this story. So some of the family dynamics may move past you, but the basic storyline should work fine as a standalone.

I really enjoy an opposites attract vibe in my books, so I was drawn in right awa
Rachel
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great add to the series. I love this series more and more with each book. We get Saint finally and I was happily surprised with who he is on a deeper level. Each are different but opposites attract for sure. Saint might be a huge ex-SEAL but has a sweet gentle heart of gold, a true good guy who wants to finally settle down like this brothers have; with his loving supportive family it should be easier. Augie is new to town, a shy scared nerd who is trying to deal with the aftermath of a t ...more
Barb ~rede-2-read~
A very enjoyable addition to the Wilde family series. Saint was a...well, a saint. Stunning, strong, and sweet. Augie was the perfect mate for the former SEAL. Quiet, intelligent, a mouse among his domineering family members, wealthy, and attempting to be independent. He runs an antique shop in Hobie, not far from Hudson and Charlie's pub.

The dynamic was great. A slow burn with a bodyguard/former SEAL and a quiet nerdy guy who happens to be a virgin? Oh yes, and add to that a nice story in addi
Lily
May 09, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Cute as fuck romance complete with LL's brand of insta-love and lust. Some plot holes with the whole corporate scam thing, but I read these books for the love-lust part so no worries.
Gustaf Mtz Amador
Apr 18, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: tbr, maybe
Kirk
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance, lgbtq
I read the blurb and knew I HAD to read this story. Right from the off, I wanted to hug Augie and take care of him as, even when he was in danger, he quietly soldiered on without the help of his family and tried to deal with it himself by having the self-defence lessons from Saint and just being so very, very brave - my heart really went out to him. Saint was such a breath of fresh air; he’s big and brave and laid-back but the way Augie knocked him on his metaphorical ass the instant they met wa ...more
Debbora
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great addition to this series.
MishyJo
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars I read this whole entire series (so far) just because this yummy cover kept coming across my Amazon screen and I had to know the beautiful boy in the picture. Cover lust is a thing. I really liked this one even though it was more plot heavy than I usually enjoy. Also, I have a rule about not reading a series until it is done. This is what I call my Rhys Ford syndrome. Anyhow, I thought the series was done. It isn't. I guess as with the Finn Factor series I just go with the idea that in a ...more
gimmethosebooks
This one didn’t work for me which made me sad because I love the others.

Also MJ deserves her own book...and I suspect she didn’t get her own because Harold, they’re lesbians.

Massive eye roll and annoyance all over.
Fani *loves angst*
DNF at 38% because I didn't much care for Augie. He acted like a TSTL heroine when it was obvious there was a threat out there, and TSTL heroines are one of the reasons I left FM romance for MM, so I'm not wasting any more time in this.
Kate
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rom-romp
On a reread, I throughly enjoyed this story especially the dynamic between Angie and Saint. The constant danger that Angie was well paced and the romantic tension was excellent.
HEChapter -Tina J
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ 4-STAR ✩ REVIEW ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

> > Judging a Book by its Cover < <
Hot as heck model standing before a dark purple background. Fonts are legible. Synopsis is intriguing.
> > Looking Deeper < <
POV ~> Dual first-person, alternating.

After Saint was caught mumbling his displeasures about his asset while on assignment, his boss “grounded” him from high-profile security work for a while and assigned him to teach self-defense to an Antiques nerd back in Saint’s own hometown.
Augie’s sense of safety a

• Made Mine (Made Marian, #8)
  • The Truth Within (Pelican Bay #3)
  • Fired Up (Fever Falls, #1)
  • #Burn (Fever Falls, #2)
  • Four Ever
  • Forgotten: Luca (The Four, #1)
  • Oz (Finding Home, #1)
  • Join the Club (Four Kings Security, #3)
  • Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3)
  • Broken Halos (Queen City Rogues, #1)
  • Whiskey Throttle (Fever Falls, #3)
  • The Princess, the Prick & the Priest (Confessions, #4)
  • Foreseen: Lex (The Four #2)
  • Pretend You're Mine (The Protectors #12.5)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • The Fall (Love in O’Leary #1)
  • #Royal (Fever Falls, #4)
  • The Gift (Love in O'Leary, #2)
I only keep a small list of my very favorite books and series in my bookshelf here. I read A LOT and it's hard to keep the list updated!

Forever Wilde (7 books)
  • Facing West (Forever Wilde, #1)
  • Felix and the Prince (Forever Wilde, #2)
  • Wilde Fire (Forever Wilde, #3)
  • Hudson's Luck (Forever Wilde #4)
  • Wilde Love (Forever Wilde #6)
  • King Me (Forever Wilde, #7)