Start by marking “Agilität neu denken - Warum agile Teams nichts mit Business-Agilität zu tun haben” as Want to Read:

Published October 18th 2018 by LEANability GmbH

Be the first to ask a question about Agilität neu denken - Warum agile Teams nichts mit Business-Agilität zu tun haben

Start your review of Agilität neu denken - Warum agile Teams nichts mit Business-Agilität zu tun haben
Mario Lucero
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I strongly recommend this book to everyone involved in an Agile (and / or digital) transformation.

You will find many reasons about the fail of transformations such as to take so long time to evaluate business initiatives that the author called Upstream.

Most people is concerned only in the Downstream (or Development) where Scrum can help but without considering the whole big picture or Value Stream Mapping Scrum or Kanban or whatever won't impact in time to market.

Last but not least, the author
Leonardo Longo
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A critical book for the ones discussing agile management, praising the usage of words such as sprints, scrum, kanbam and all other "agile therms checklist". It shows the problems in companies when agility is the responsability of the operations teams and points a series of practical solutions in different "flight levels". ...more
Raphael Donaire
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rethinking Agile is a kind of book that makes you reflect on the real meaning of business agility. If you are facing digital transformation issues like faster competitors, customers complain, or accelerate technology change; you must read this work.

Klaus brought that optimizing elements isolated from one another doesn't create agile organizations. Instead, we need to see an organization on different perspectives (strategy, coordination, and operation) or flight levels as he introduced on the boo
Nathalie Karasek
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wundervolles kleines Buch! Optisch sehr ansprechend und angenehm zu lesen. Eine case study mit vielen Erklärungen, die auch interessant ist, wenn man die anderen Bücher von Klaus Leopold bereits kennt! :-)
Wesley Zapellini
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very light and pragmatic approach into organizing work at different levels in organizations.

However, the text inside illustrations in the kindle version are sometimes hard to read.

All in all, a great work from Klaus!
Toni Tassani
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Beautiful pictures and design decorate a PDF book (the one I bought in Leanpub) that talks about Kanban without talking about Kanban. Klaus has been talking about his brilliant metaphor of Flight Levels for a while and now his thoughts are in a book.
Business Agility and thinking at a higher level than teams is the topic, and he manages to introduce concepts like Pull, Flow Efficiency and Little's Law in an easy way. Visualise, Limit WIP, Feedback Loops.
The story about the hero that came to rescu
Niklas Heer
Dec 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leadership
This book is relatively short but contains so many good ideas and insights.
I can highly recommend this book to everyone involved or interested in agile working environments.
Bruno
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Leicht verdauliche, angenehm kurze aber dennoch gehaltvolle Darstellung, warum Agilität auf Team oder Umsetzungs-Ebene meist nicht ausreicht - nebst anschaulichen Ansätzen, was zu tun ist, um Agilität auch auf anderen Ebenen (Flight-Level) zu erreichen.
Balthasar
May 11, 2020 rated it did not like it
Ich habe das Buch gelesen, weil es mir von einem Scrum-Master als sehr lesenswert empfohlen wurde. Das im Selbstverlag des Autors herausgegebene und in zahlreiche Sprachen übersetzte Buch enthält leider nichts neues. Oberflächliche Dinge werden in einem typischen selbstbeweihräuchernden Werbestil eines Consultants beschrieben, der halt seinen nächsten Gig verkaufen will.

Die Geschichte ist aufgebaut, dass eine Firma bereits zahlreiche Consultants bezahlt hat für einen grösseren Umbauprozess der I
Felipe Albuquerque
A nice case study about being agile on the right places of the company. The reading is easy and fast, and the ideas presented make much sense in practice. Mind, though, not to copy the case to your own company, ignoring the context. The author himself tells you not to do such a thing. Instead, try to understand the rationale behind the solution presented and check if the principles apply to your context.
I just missed some numbers and sincere appointments of limitations and mistakes the author o
Renato Willi
Although the book has pertinent concepts and ideas, I found it too abstract in terms on how to land the concepts, what are the results and where has them been proved to work.

There’s a high level narrative of just one case of business agility, and the shown results are not conclusive.

The flight level part is very theoretical and I couldn’t see how to implement it through the audiobook.

It seems to be all the time criticizing agile transformation approaches but his own approach relativized everythi
Low
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why did our Agile initiative come to a grinding halt ? Why is the velocity tapering off ? Where are the promises of the Agile movement ? Read on and you might find the answers here.
Language is to the point and not repetitive, for those working in large lumbering giants will find a lot relevant here, while getting some tried suggestions to unearth, expose and fix problems with agile initiative to finally deliver the promise of speed.
Paulo Saraiva
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is probably the best book you will read on the challenges of Agile adoption and scalation from a business perspective and from a local department perspective in any organization.

It addresses what really matters, what usually goes wrong and how to overcome the roadblocks on the journey.

"Business Agility has nothing to do with Agile Teams."
Liliana Amaya Rendon
Co-creando dinámicas propias

Una adaptación muy simple de agilidad a las vivencias reales de un caso particular que nos invita a no seguir modelos al pie de la letra sino a ir co-creando dinámicas propias.
Marco
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: agile, kindle, own
Man merkt dem Autor den starken Bezug zu Kanban an, was allerdings nicht abträglich ist. Sehr bildhaft Agilität in einem Unternehmen erklärt und wie man dort hinkommen kann. Für erfahrene Agilisten ist die Einführung sehr einfach gehalten, aber die folgenden Kapitel ziehen dann inhaltlich an.
Craig
Feb 27, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Klaus brings up great points of how team’s agility does not equal business agility (among other good points). The book focuses on a case study of a business.

I would give the content 4 stars, the editing brings it down to 3.
Ritesh I
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Flow efficiency a pivotal parameter for success

Usage of kanban and enhancing flow efficiency forms foundation blocks to enhance business agility. Excellent overview. Needs a re read .
Damien ALAWIYE
Sep 26, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lean, agile
I was expecting something much more substantial. A good read never the less with a strong emphasis on scaled Lean for Organizations.
Altuğ Bilgin Altıntaş
Eine "kleine" Offenbarung. ...more
David Thornewill
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: work
It really helped me shape my views on our Agile project. We had started like the company in the first 20 or so pages.
Gustav Bertram
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book on agile, and re-emphasizes that you should have an agile company, not just an agile tech team.
Dipuponski
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fresh and clearly written take on why so many companies fail when transferring to agile and how to avoid this. "Focus on the goal, not on the method". ...more
Pablo Silva
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For those who are thinking in starting a Agile transformation, I strongly recommend the reading of this book. The concept of Flight levels is an astonishing one!
David Grant
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short and concise antidote to Agile as a local optimisation. Fleshes out the concepts of Flight Levels, making a useful book to put in front of someone failing to see the big picture.
Marcio Sete
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Business agility is not a tem affair!

Great work from Klaus! In this book he uses one of his consulting experiences as a background for story telling, building from the ground up the necessary building blocks for leaders to understand what business agility is all about.
Francisco
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best Business Agility books

This is a practical book oriented to show tipical problems in companies when get agility delegating the responsability to the teams. This books makes you another sight about the problem from a systemic view point and a serie of practical solutions in different flight levels.
Valerie
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed that this made me question some of my fundamental assumptions about how I’ve been using agile. And conclude that I’ve been using it naively. I’m eager to try to put some of his ideas into practice.
Oct 24, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Book review :) 1 5 Jun 28, 2019 06:49AM

• Team Topologies: Organizing Business and Technology Teams for Fast Flow
  • Making Work Visible: Exposing Time Theft to Optimize Work & flow
  • Reinventing Organizations: A Guide to Creating Organizations Inspired by the Next Stage of Human Consciousness
  • The Unicorn Project
  • Escaping the Build Trap: How Effective Product Management Creates Real Value
  • Accelerate: Building and Scaling High-Performing Technology Organizations
  • Actionable Agile Metrics for Predictability: An Introduction
  • Radical Focus: Achieving Your Most Important Goals with Objectives and Key Results
  • Project to Product: How to Survive and Thrive in the Age of Digital Disruption with the Flow Framework
  • Right to Left: The digital leader's guide to Lean and Agile
  • Outcomes Over Output: Why customer behavior is the key metric for business success
  • Corporate Rebels: Make Work More Fun
  • Coaching Agile Teams: A Companion for ScrumMasters, Agile Coaches, and Project Managers in Transition
  • Turn the Ship Around!: A True Story of Turning Followers into Leaders
  • Kanban and Scrum - Making the Most of Both
  • Management 3.0: Leading Agile Developers, Developing Agile Leaders
  • Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business
  • The Scrum Fieldbook: A Master Class on Accelerating Performance, Getting Results, and Defining the Future

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »