Start by marking “Spirits & Spells” as Want to Read:
Spirits & Spells

Spirits & Spells

Spirits & Spells is a podcast by USA Today bestselling authors Heather Marie Adkins & Alex Owens, both of whom are obsessed with things they can't explain - especially the weird, the witchy, and the woefully spectral.

Step beyond the veil with twenty-one spooky tales of TRUE supernatural encounters by some of today's hottest paranormal authors. Between these pages, you'll
Published October 25th 2018 by CyberWitch Press

To ask other readers questions about Spirits & Spells, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spirits & Spells

19. THE CHASE
20. Encounter with the Devil in Me
Crystal
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Do you like things that go bump in the night? Ghosties, ghoulies, and others? In this collection, brought to you by the newest podcast on the creepy block, Authors Heather Marie Adkins and Alex Owens culled through many true-life ghost stories to bring you some spine tingling real life stories by some of the Indie Author Communities favorite authors.
I thoroughly enjoyed this free anthology. You’ve got everything from a pair of disembodied legs walking across a road late one night, to phantom ca
Janice E. Ryberg
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Spirits & Spells True ... A charming book! 4.2 *s

An interesting way to be introduced to new authors and their experiences with supernatural events in their own lives. Most of us have seen the filmy image that we thought was a family member approaching us in our beds, but then they evaporated and we covered up with our blankets. Many of their experiences were similar. It is especially nice to read about the authors and their stories. Very nice.
Anne Beattie
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
Spirits and Spells is a compilation of stories from different authors. Found that information about the authors were longer than most of the stories.
Very disappointed with this book until I got to the last story "A Game of Vampires" by Caroline Peckham. Well written and very entertaining. Thank you
roxanne matthew
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book report

I read this book to get to read new author's especially Heather Marie Adkins. I enjoyed the different writing styles. I also found a few new author's that I would like to follow up. This was just so different than picking just one story because the authors also gave personal accounts of their own life moments.

Shawnae Aiu
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Small stories but big tales

I loved these short stories. They were completely different, it gave the reader a great intro to new authors. The ending story was so engaging, I was on the end of my seat. Eve and Josh are so interesting and Varik..loved hating him! Thank you for sharing your stories, I look forward to reading each of your books.
Julie Donovan
Apr 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Good storys

I enjoyed the true storys. Most were very short. Great bedtime 🌙 book. I enjoyed each new author as well. Biggest thing for me was story that were too short of left me hanging.
Charlayne
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good shortreads

This anthology has a bit of everything. Fiction, non-. Fiction, ghost stories and things that go bump in the night. It also has links to each of the author's sites for further information.
Julia Andrizzi-Gold
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Amazing Anthology

I just love the writings of Lily Luchesi. Besides my BFF, TL Travis, I have to say that Lily is my other favorite author. This was a great mix of stories by a lot of talented authors. You won’t be disappointed.
D.
Aug 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Slow starter

The book started off extremely slow. The initial stories uninteresting, I was ready to delete it. Then it picked up. I couldn't put it down. I'm glad I continued reading.
Jennifer Holzapfel
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is a collection of slightly fictionalized true haunting/ghost stories that were experienced by the writers or someone they know. It is a great variety of ghostly tales. I was slightly disappointed that the last quarter of the book was a prequel for a vampire series.
Lisa Kader
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A must read for true paranormal fans.

I enjoyed reading this book. I love how these authors used true experiences to write this anthology. They do let you know which stories are fictional.
Raven Moon
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved all the personal haunts from these amazing authors.
Teri
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

I lived reading there experiences and story. It gave you a little something from the authors. I even found and author that I want to read.
Pat Oliver
Aug 25, 2020 rated it did not like it
I DID NOT FINISH THIS BOOK AS I JUST COULD NOT GET INTO IT. IT WAS KIND OF DIFFICULT TO TELL WHERE THE STORY STARTED AND ENDED AND WHERE THE AUTHORS WERE TALKING ABOUT THEMSELVES.
Francesca Arenas
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Paranormal Romance

Well edited short paranormal romance stories. No cliffhangers. I signed up for some of the authors that I wasn't already following.
Flamingcrystal Flamingcrystal
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
My favorite story was ...

The one written by Caroline Peckham. It is my first time reading anything by this author and it would not be the last.
Vickie Humphries
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Mediocre writing styles

The storyline for several of the tales were good. However, the presentation left a lot to be desired. Good ideas presented thru mediocre to poor writing.
Rayne
May 03, 2020 rated it liked it
This is a great collection of short stories. Each story had its own intrigue. I really liked the bonus V Games novella from Caroline Peckham at the end. Definitely worth a read.
Dionne
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good reading!

This was a good read that I couldn't put it down until I finished. Different horror story in one book. Great job!
Jade Wilson
Jan 01, 2019
Paula Brown
Nov 14, 2018 rated it liked it
description
Ok to begin with this is
True Paranormal Anthology.

According to the writers an informal recent face book
poll showed that people are more scared of real life unexplained
happenings and haunting s, then anything fictional...
Just because we may not understand a situation or can explain them, does
not mean they are imagined or less threatening to our well being.
Keeping that in mind,
I found these stories to be very well written and interesting.
I didn't realize that Anthology meant novella or short st
Jeannine
Dec 04, 2018
Kindle Fire HDX 14 (2020)
Apr 17, 2020
Amanda
rated it it was ok
May 16, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• True Paranormal: Disturbing True Ghost Stories, True Paranormal Hauntings And Scary Unexplained Phenomena From The Last 300 Years (True Ghost Stories And Hauntings, Bizarre True Stories)
  • True Ghost Stories: True Ghost Stories Of Terrifying Paranormal Activity, Haunted Houses And Spooky Places From Around The World - True Ghost Stories Books ... True Ghost Stories Series, Ghost Stories)
  • Haunted: Houses: A Collection of 11 Ghost Stories
  • Bizarre True Stories: 10 Mysterious Accounts Of True Paranormal Hauntings, Vanishing People, Creepy Unexplained Phenomena And The Unknown (True Ghost Stories And Hauntings, True Paranormal Hauntings)
  • Shadow on the Stairs: Urban Mysteries and Horror Stories
  • The Cottage: A True Haunted House Story
  • Zodiac Academy: Ruthless Fae (Supernatural Bullies and Beasts, #2)
  • Witchnapped in Westerham (Paranormal Investigation Bureau, #1)
  • Don't Scream: 60 Tales to Terrify
  • True Scary Stories: Volume One - The Shadow Man: Real Horror Mystery With A Twist
  • Give The Robot The Impossible Job!: After Dinner Conversation Short Story Series
  • 100% True Paranormal Stories From Russia
  • The Bungalow: A True Haunted House Story
  • Familiar Spirits
  • The 13: Tales of Macabre
  • Words Of The Ancients: After Dinner Conversation Short Story Series
  • Super Daddies
  • Brutal Bedtime Stories
Born in the Deep South and raised right over the Mason Dixon line, Alex grew up feeling unsure where she belonged. That is, until she met up with a traveling Freak Show one fine day. Now she celebrates the unusual and appreciates how interesting life can be when you (ahem) open yourself to unique situations.

Residing in coastal Virginia, Alex spends her days wrangling words and children, and on occ