Start by marking “The Last Avatar (Age of Kalki #1)” as Want to Read:
The Last Avatar (Age of Kalki #1)

The Last Avatar (Age of Kalki #1)

FROM THE ASHES OF THE WORLD, A HERO MUST RISE
In the not-so-distant future, India has fallen and the world is on the brink of an apocalyptic war. An attack by the terrorist group Invisible Hand has brutally eliminated the Indian Prime Minister and the union cabinet.

As a national emergency is declared, chaos, destruction and terror reign supreme. From the ashes of this fall
Paperback, First, 328 pages
Published December 10th 2018 by HarperCollins India

To ask other readers questions about The Last Avatar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Avatar

Vishnu Chevli
If I am not wrong then we have more than 5-6 books on Ashoka & his secret cult, we have more than 10 books on Kalki avatar. That doesn't mean we are done with the subject/genre, we keep looking out for more books on those topics. Among the books we have seen, "The Last Avatar" is the first book we encountered which is an amalgamation of Kalki and Secret cult of Ashoka. So we were bound to get this book. Frankly speaking, leave aside plot, we were thoroughly impressed by just cover art. We be ...more
John  Trident
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
The last Avatar

What does it mean to be reborn? It won’t be my life anymore. It would be someone else's life. Everyone only gets to live their life one time. Its right here, living in the present. What happens when a person who lives peacefully for his entire life & has everything he needs but loses all in the blink of an eye? What does life hold for him? What meaning can he instill to his pathetic state of life?

I had these thoughts while reading this book. The flow of story is smooth &
Karthik Kailash
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
In the future, a terrorist organization called the Invisible hand has killed the entire Indian cabinet along with the PM, and left the country in tatters. With the organization striking at will across the nation, there is complete chaos. With war looming with neighbouring Pakistan, and a shadowy individual called Kalki, who has served the nation , missing, India looks to be buried under.

Kalki is discovered to be in a Chinese prizon, tortured for information. Will the mystery man make it out and
Ronak Shah
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Last Avatar: Age of Kalki 1
Author- Vishwas Mudagal
Publisher - HarperCollins
Let's talk about cover first. Wow! What a cover. Anyone can fall in love with the cover. It is so eye catching and impressive. But, the book gives more goosebumps than the cover.

The mythology book's are available have different stories. Kalki topic is Always my favorite topic. I have read almost all books based on kalki. Believe me this is top of all the kalki books.
The starting of the book is little bit boring. Yo
Sheetal Maurya - Godse (Halo of Books)
I have read many books on the last avatar of Vishnu, Kalki but the thirst to read more will never satisfied. The book cover is an instant attraction, a humanoid robot in the form of Lord Hanuman; doesn’t it look like a picture straight from a sci-fi movie? India is currently going through with the lots of turmoil and this book is written around this.

Find more reviews on https://www.haloofbooks.com/

Plot summary:

Kalki, a messiah of India is under the captive of Jian, a tyranny leader of China. Jia
Aryan Sarath
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a novel which would be close to my heart as it has the fusion of myth and technology. Firstly, I was impressed with the cover - which shows the mighty Hanuman, the Vanara God in a Sci-Fi format. Hats off to the creative team who has designed this. The cover page has evoked interest as sn as I saw it. Then the title - "The Last Avatar : Age of Kalki I". As per the Hindu mythology, Lord Vishnu is believed to come back to Earth in the form called "Kalki" when there is a spurt in the misdeed ...more
Ronita Banerjee
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Name- The Last Avatar: Age of Kalki 1
Written By- Vishwas Mudagal
Published By- HarperCollins
Pages- 312
Review-
It is written in our hindu mythology which explains or rather promises that whenever there is decay of righteousness in our world, Lord Vishnu himself would descend to set things right. While we know about the different avatars of Lord Vishnu, the most speculated avatar is the one who is yet to make his mark. Kalki, the tenth avatar, the destroyer of evils.
I have read several of references
Rutuja Ramteke
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book Name: The Last Avatar: Age of Kalki
Author: Vishwas Mugadal
Genre: Mythological fiction
Publisher: Harper Collins
Note: Book one in the series!
Plot: In the not-so-distant future, India has fallen, and the world is on the brink of an apocalyptic war. An attack by the terrorist group Invisible Hand has brutally eliminated the Indian Prime Minister and the union cabinet. From the ashes of this falling world, rises an unconventional hero - a vigilante known only as Kalki. Backed by a secret socie
Yowofficial
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Last Avatar - Age of Kalki (1): Vishwas Mudagal

Book Cover: 5/5
Book summary: 4/5
Language: 4/5
Content: 4.5/5
Engagement: 5/5

If you are looking for the perfect blend of thrill and suspense with a dash of mythology and modern technological science then this book is what you need to grab next! Right from the beginning the book encapsulates you into a reading spree that gets the pages turning. From AI to weapons, war plans and bot operated missions you have them all. Also, a robotic vanar sena migh
Somya Sharma
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
. **BOOK REVIEW**
The book is written by @vishwasmudagal And it is a mytholigical book.
The book contains one of my favourite genre i.e. mythology .
The author has written the book with great words of mhthology which urges a reader to read more to it.
the book is written in a simple yet attractive way,it is not easy to write about vedic past easily we need to understand each and every aspect if it to bring out instances from past.
The story is about vigilante,Kalki a hero who was born as a human be
Vijay Shankar
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the roller-coaster ride. Can't wait for the next books. Vishwas can keep tht reader gripped and entertained.
Abhishek
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Intriguing storyline; A fast read; Can't wait for the next in the series!
William James
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book is so different from Vishwas Mudagal's first one. The Last Avatar explores very well the inner conflicts through which Kalki goes through, and I really liked the way the author expresses the thought process of Kalki and various other characters.
Chetan Harihar
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm happy that the very first book I read was so fascinating. I read it only because it was about Kalki, and the book presented me with a brand-new perspective on Kalki and the context on which he arrives.
Rishika S.
Mar 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
0.5 stars!

I received a paid-for copy of The Last Avatar from Vishwas Mudagal's marketing team in exchange for an honest review, and would like to thank the author and his team for reaching out to me and giving me a chance to read this book.

I normally don't read Indian fiction because my first (and understandably last) experience with the genre was when I read Chetan Bhagat's Five Point Someone. Over time, I've read excerpts from books of Amish and other Indian fantasy authors, and I've never bee
Inderpreet Uppal
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Last Avatar – Age of Kalki is a mytho-science-fiction that is the first part of a trilogy. It tells the story of Kalki who is supposed to come on this earth and end the evil times or the Kalyug. That it will need human help is obvious and already there is a mysterious hero called Kalki that seems to be doing a good job.
The book opens with a bang—with bombs, rockets and gunfire as a group tries to get their hands on some ancient texts. This also introduces the image on the book cover. He is t
Priyaranjan Mohan
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I stayed up until 4'O clock in the morning to finish this book. I literally could not put it down,it didn't even occur to me. This book is beautifully written and I definitely consider it among my few favorites.
Author Vishwas Mudagal done a great job , writing was brilliant, characters , plot and situations very thing was flawless. The book is a amalgamation of mythology and Science. The story revolve around Neel.Who has immense power. Book is full of super weapons and armour. The language of th
Avinash Avi
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I liked so much the portions of the novel that happens in China, and the character of Chinese superhuman spy, Nusheen, is portrayed very well. Overall the book says an unusual story of how Kalki becomes the last hope of humanity.
Nathan Williams
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The villain character in the book, General Jian, shook my mind: he one of the evilest characters I've read yet. It was interesting to read about the comparisons General Jian made with him and Genghis Khan. It's such a different book on Kalki.
Ramya Synergos
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A totally different book on Kalki from all the stories I've ever read. The author has amazingly used his insights on Indian Puranas and the prophecy of Kalki to build the context of the book. Hats off to the fabulous imagination of the author.
Jithufranko Franko
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was unexpected and surprising to read about the Kalki avatar that's not at all like as we all have read in mythology. I appreciate the author's decision to make Kalki a normal human being who had to struggle with sheer courage and persistence to be the nation's savior one day.
Ashwini
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fascinated by people's abilities to think and fantasize a story so remarkable, do research to make it look credible and then write about it. Amazing. Loved reading this book. Waiting for the sequels to be released.
Sneha
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The characters in the book are larger than life: as a technology enthusiast, what I enjoyed most was the chapters that described the making of Vanaroid (the hanuman like figure on the front cover). As a novel, it's a nice work that's very different from other books on Kalki.
James Ronny
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reading the novel was a breathtaking journey: right from the first chapter, the author succeeded in keeping the suspense of the story so high, and the last chapter was ended in a way to make everyone eagerly wait for the 2nd part of the book.
Robin Thimmaiah
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book is all about how a normal human named Kalki became the mastermind behind futuristic weapons and a vigilante of the nation. The whole story is interestingly told, and the book ends on a situation where human survival itself is depended on one man, Kalki.
Vinay Kumar
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rather than the story what interests me is the clans and characters in the book. I admire author’s imagination to come up with extraordinary characters like Nushen, Tiger, General Jian and so on.
Vishal
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A mind-boggling work! THE LAST AVATAR is an absolutely modern portrayal of Kalki; it’s completely different from what you will ever expect. Do read, you will enjoy it.
Vinoth Narayanan
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best thing about the book is every page in it has elements of suspense and mystery that will keep the readers curious.
Andrew Sanjay
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was an easy read. I could finish the book in less than a week. The book gave me an awe-inspiring experience keeping the thrill at its peak from the beginning to the end. It's a uniquely written story of Kalki with the right mix of science fiction, politics, and mythology!
Amit Singh
Mar 13, 2019
Vishwas Mudagal is a No.1 best-selling author and a well-known serial entrepreneur and CEO based in Bangalore, India. Storytelling is his passion and he has taken it up as his parallel career.

He is the author of THE LAST AVATAR - AGE OF KALKI Trilogy, which is a blend of mythology and science-fiction.

His debut novel 'Losing My Religion' went on to become a great success with a global fan base. Wi