Start by marking “Poseidon's Academy” as Want to Read:
Poseidon's Academy

Poseidon's Academy

Getting sucked into a whirlpool, sleeping in monster-infested woods, and battling psycho sea-nymphs was not how Hailey planned to spend her first year of high school. But when you’re the only Zeus in the world, life tends to get a bit complicated...

The Great Battle saw the world changed forever when humans killed the gods and absorbed their powers. One power was coveted
Published October 29th 2018 by Aurora House

To ask other readers questions about Poseidon's Academy, please sign up.
Sarah A Vogler Sorry about the slow response. I only just saw your question. It's Middle Grade.

Start your review of Poseidon's Academy
Kellie Davies
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow ... what a ride!
Hailey and her friends can’t seem to keep themselves out of trouble while attending their first year of Poseidon’s Academy - an underwater palace of the Greek God Poseidon, when he was alive! Yes ... the Gods are dead, humans have absorbed their powers and Hailey and her friends try to navigate a school that still has supporters of the Gods slithering the halls.
Sarah A Vogler leads us through a mind-boggling maze of Greek mythology, Gods and some serious villains. I’m in awe
Neil
Jun 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, fantasy
I received a free copy via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

Although a reasonable read it unfortunately cannot help but be compared with Harry Potter and Hogwarts.
On that note it just feels like a cheap copy with a lack of world building.
Would certainly suit a young audience.
Mike
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, ya
Effectively a YA supers story with a skin of Greek myth. The Greek gods were killed in a war with their human slaves centuries ago, and their powers distributed themselves across the human population, so you can be, for example, a Demeter and have the power to grow plants, or a Heracles and be really strong.

The good: It's a fresh premise for a supers novel, and gives the opportunity to drop plenty of Greek mythic stuff, including all kinds of marvellous monsters. There's strong sensawunda in th
Kay
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is great!

I really enjoyed this book. I travelled with Hailey on her journey to save her friends and defeat Hades. Can't wait to read the next one!
Book Gannet
This book has a tough job to do. Any teen fantasy book set in a magical boarding school can’t escape the shadow of Hogwarts (especially when it opens up with an acceptance letter), while mentioning any kind of Greek god lands us in Percy Jackson territory, so to tackle both is pretty brave. Sadly, for me, it didn’t pay off. For one major reason: world-building. Or, rather, the complete lack of it.

Both Harry Potter and Percy Jackson inhabit a secret world hidden within the one we all know so well
Lauren Kastermans
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Karen Machamer
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed this book it was my first by this author but not my last. I highly recommend it to everyone.
Patricia A.Bunn
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Book

Great Book I love it it was great and powerful and cute little book I love 💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘
Thank You For Letting Me Read This Book I love it
Bobbie Kirkland
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of POSEIDON’S ACADEMY by Sarah A. Vogler in exchange for an honest review. Hailey Woods lives in a society where humans defeated the Olympian gods and inherited their powers. Hailey has the weather powers originally owned by Zeus. It’s a really rare power type and comes with a “save the world” prophecy. That’s a lot of pressure for a thirteen-year-old, so Hailey applies to Poseidon’s Academy where she can live underwater where there is no weather and where, as a result, sh ...more
Glenda Dykstra
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
A cute book! Safe for all ages

It was a good book. Young teens will be captivated by the lack of sense and good fortune that save the protagonists.
Neen Cohen
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a brilliantly written and fun read this adventure was. Vogler uses gorgeous description to throw you into this wonderful world that she’s created.
If you enjoy Greek mythology and being completely consumed by another world, I recommend reading this book, no matter how old you are.
I can’t wait to read the next adventure Hailey and her friends get up to.
Naomi Sechler
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adventures Galore

The author creates such rounded and richly detailed environment and characters. I really loved the detailed explanations of the monsters and creatures that appear throughout the story.
Sally Maxwell
Dec 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Thank you to Xpresso Book Tours for the arc of this book.
I am a few years older than the intended age range for this book, but it was an ok read, I can see the age group it is aimed at enjoying it a lot more than my old self.
I did enjoy the concept of how the author used the old gods and their powers, was very original.
Heather
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Funny fast paced good light read
Recommended to my kids can't wait to read the next one Sarah Vogler is a great author
Amy
What an incredible book!! I was swept away in this wonderfully written book. With the impulsivity you would expect from high school freshmen, we watch friendships grow and individuals learn who they are. It was a very unique spin on mythology with plenty of adventure. I think fans of Rick Riordan will greatly enjoy this book but it also has a bit of a Buffy the Vampire Slayer feel to it as well. I think it's partly because of the Scooby Gang that forms and the whole prophecy bit. As a parent, I ...more
Cary Morton
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book directly from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.

My review of Poseidon’s Academy by Sarah A. Vogler is a bit polarized. Although listed as Young Adult fiction, I assure you that this is very much a middle-grade book. The characters are 13-years-old, despite the fact that they’re on their way to high school. As a middle-grade book, if I were a middle-grade reader, I’d probably love this book. It was full of daring adventure, rule-breaking, and rev
Tonja Drecker
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Greek mythology takes an interesting twist into an entirely new world, while keeping excitement and the difficult life of being a teenager in high gear.

Hundreds of years before, the Greek gods were defeated during the Great Battle, and their powers showered on humans below. Since then, everyone has a power related to one of the earlier gods. Hailey is a Zeus and the only one on the entire planet. That also makes her the someday savior for the entire world according to a prophecy. But Hailey hate
Sarah Wendt
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Young readers will find a lot to like here. My biggest observation was, boy, the author has done her research into Greek mythology. I enjoyed how she weaved this into her worldbuilding, characterisations, abilities and the overarching plot. It was a resounding feature of the story and the thing I enjoyed the most.

The idea of everyone having a power, and those powers shaping society structure, is a good one and a lot of thought has gone into the different kinds of powers, the character’s roles in
Priscilla Kraut
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, 2019
This is a story that I felt the other was trying to overcome to major books and failed greatly. The promise of a magical academy reminded me of Harry Potter. The promise of Greek Gods reminded me of Percy Jackson. This took a lot of courage for the author to write this because of these authors who came before her.

First the promise of the book sounded great, but it just did not deliver. This is because there is not building of the story world. It was so confusing to be because I just did not kno
Ashley Reyes
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy from Netgalley for an honest review. Now, I've read the Percy Jackson series and Harry Potter, and this has some of the elements I really liked of each. This book is set in an alternate world that Gods were real, and have since died but passed their powers on to others. Like Harry Potter, there are specialized schools, but like Percy Jackson, they have to learn each of the powers and that no one has quite the same gifts- but both leads have rare and unique powers. I like t ...more
Miss Ruark
Apr 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
I received this book as an arc from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

The Greek Gods are dead and their various powers have been inherited by the humans who defeated them. 13 year old Hailey is a Zeus, the first in over a century, complete with a prophecy that a Zeus will save the world.

Like the stories of Harry Potter or in the case of Greek Gods, Percy Jackson, it's a story about a child struggling to fit into a world that they don't quite feel part of. As a lover of greek mythology
Allie
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
I have to say that this book honestly has a lot of competition and other books that it can be compared of off which makes it a little bit harder to get into just like any other book based in a boarding school that even has the slightest glimpse of the paranormal of greek gods & goddesses.

The good thing about the book was that it gave so much new knowledge about greek mythology compared to several other books that aren’t historically based. The pacing of this book was fairly good but it wasn’t th
Christine Shrum
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: oct-2019-tbr
A Greek Mythology Fantasy......

* Hailey is nervous about getting accepted into the Poseidon Academy. A high School for the gifted.
* Basically when all the Gods died their powers rain down from the sky and humans begin to become Demigods. Now for generations humans have powers.
* " Hailey was a Zeus. The only Zeus in over a century, to be exact, which meant her powers came with certain expectations. "
* Hailey got accepted into the Poseidon Academy.
* Hailey doesn't like her powers as being the only
Redshidevil
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love any books about Greek mythology and the Gods, so I was really excited to read this book. This book is a really neat take on how the humans have God powers after they defeated them. That means everyone has a power, which would be awesome! The main character, Hailey, has Zeus powers but doesn't really want them, while her friends love their own powers. They get accepted into Poseidon's Academy and the story is about what happens to them while they are there, along with a prophecy that seems ...more
Veselina
Jan 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for the opportunity to read this book in exchange of honest review!
As you can tell from the title the book involve elements from the Greek Mythology.
The gods are dead and their ability rained upon the humans on Earth. Now each human has some godlike ability. But the main character is different she is the only Zeus on the Earth. She hates the pressure about it and the prophesy they try to connect her to. That's why she want to go to the Poseidon's academy w
Margaret
Jan 18, 2019 rated it liked it
I feel like this is perhaps aimed at the lower end of YA, rather than older teenagers. ( or maybe it's meant for middle schoolers?) It was a fun read, but pretty juvenile in parts. There were some rather unrealistic actions the kids took, ie: taking off without telling anyone to a dangerous island, and other adventures. Overall I enjoyed it, and would read more in this series. I'd just be better prepared for the tone.
There is certainly room to expand on how the human race got the powers, how th
This book reminded me of Rick Riordan books. True, the kids are not demigods, but they do have powers from the Greek gods. Of course, the ones that get power from Zeus are the most powerful and go an adventures and all that stuff. I would really like someone to write a book about kids with power from the gods and have the main character get their power from some really obscure god. There are a bunch gods and monsters that are never featured in any books.

While I'm not sure I would read this book
Lawona
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Its great

I gave this book a 4 star. It had me turning pages and before I knew it I was done. Sarah had you going on adventures with Hailey and her friends to places that they never dreamed of going.
Amy
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
I received this book from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

Cute story. A little in the Harry Potter-ish realm, but enough differences to make it interesting. Would have liked to see more of the classes, but good friendships and interesting story line.
Jar Starr
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

Encase version of the season finale of my favorite things about q no one is going to be a great time!I love you too baby!I love the first two games of the season and Slave to a Vampire diaries season finale solo album is going well! 👋

• Olympus Academy: The Complete Collection
  • The Titan's Treasure (Olympus Academy, #1)
  • Sophie Washington: Queen of the Bee
  • Etty Steele Vampire Hunter (The Hunter Series)
  • The Key of Apollo (The Gates of Artemis #1)
  • DOTTY and the Calendar House Key: A Magical Fantasy Adventure for 8-12 year olds (The DOTTY Series)
  • The Golden Acorn
  • Alien Kid
  • Harry Plotter and The Chamber of Serpents, A Potter Secret Parody
  • Soaring Flame and the Dragon-transcending Magimal (Code of Rainbow, #1)
  • Winter of the Crystal Dances (Whinnies on the Wind, Book 1)
  • The Zombie Chronicles (Book 1): The Daywalkers (An Unofficial Minecraft Book for Kids Ages 9 - 12 (Preteen)
  • Rise of the Olympians (Rise of the Olympians, #1)
  • Dragon's Awakening (Heir of Dragons #1)
  • The Super-Secret Science Club: Case of the Disappearing Glass
  • Knock Knock!: Over 100 Funny Knock Knock Jokes for Kids (Best Jokes for Kids)
  • Striking Out with the Star Pitcher (How to Catch a Crush, #1)
  • Cursed: The Complete Series  (Cursed #1-3)