Start by marking “Hidden (Fire and Iceland #1)” as Want to Read:
Hidden (Fire and Iceland #1)

Hidden

(Fire and Iceland #1)

After a breathtaking journey through Iceland, Vanessa Evanston finishes her dream vacation with her two best friends in the capital city of Reykjavik—and wakes up the next morning on the ground, on a tiny island 250 kilometers north, with no memory of how she got there.

Published October 31st 2018 by Evernight Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hidden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden

Start your review of Hidden (Fire and Iceland #1)
Eva Millien
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Vanessa Evanston is missing a whole year of her life and Gunnar Heimirrson is convinced that the answer for her mysterious journey is connected to his punishment which was inflicted upon him by the huldfólk.

Suspense and emotional turmoil flow freely from every page throughout this thrilling story. Vanessa and Gunnar are two strong, captivating character that easily grab readers’ attentions and draw them into their story. The romance is sweet and sizzling with passion but the relationship a seri
Katherine Paschal
Vanessa has been so excited for the last year to take her trip to Iceland, and now that she is there, she is sad to see if end. When she steps out of a bar to get some air on her last night, the next thing she knows is that it is morning and she is laying on the ground with two strange men standing over her. What makes it even worse is that a year has passed and she has no memories of that time. Hopefully she can figure out what is going on with the help of a handsome, knowing stranger.

These cr
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Hidden is the first book in the Fire and Ice series, and we start off with Vanessa as she wakes up outside, wondering what on earth has happened to her. She is found by two Icelandic men, who she can understand even though she knows they are speaking their own language. Not only that, but Vanessa senses she is being watched, and has no idea what has gone on, or why.

This is a long book that is a slow burner. The first half of the book I thoroughly enjoyed, as Vanessa learnt more about the Iceland
Sue Wallace
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hidden by Megan Morgan.
Luckily, handsome and kind-hearted local Gunnar Heimirsson stumbles upon her—unluckily, he can’t explain her mysterious journey either. Nor can anyone explain why Vanessa soon discovers “last night” actuall
Mahathi Ramya
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the perfect on the edge thriller I have read recently. Iam not satisfied about the supernatural aspect, but I couldn't put down the book in the middle. It was very interesting until I completed 3/4th part of the book. Then, it becomes predictable and this being a first part of 'Fire and Iceland' series, you will end up wanting to read the next part.

Overall, a wonderful read. Loved the suspense and erotic romance part. The characters are great, especially Aedan, Gunnar, Hera and Vennessa.
Caroline Doig
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow what an amazing story I loved it. Vanessa is having the holiday of a lifetime in Iceland with her two best friends. She wakes up the next day and finds out that a whole year of her life is missing and everyone thinks that she is dead. Gunner finds Vanessa and he believes that what has happened to Vanessa is all his fault, you see he was cursed by the creatures known as Huldufolk when he angered them over a century ago. I love all kinds of folklore and it was interesting to read about Iceland ...more
SBee Reviews
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This isn’t Reykjavik

A very intricate story unwinds when Vanessa awakes and finds herself in a strange location by two young men named Gunnar and Aedan. Just how she wound up there is a mystery she is desperate to get to the bottom of, because the very first scary fact she learns is that she has missed a whole year of her life and has no recollection since she took a breather outside a local bar one night.

Intriguing Icelandic mythology, specifically the Huldufólk and other supernatural creatures
M
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is mystery-driven. Set in Iceland, the folklore is fascinating and incorporated in the plot. It is very interesting how the mystery and the roles Vanessa and Gunnar plays in each other’s life unravels. The author was able to retain reader’s attention even though the shroud of mystery was taking forever to reveal. It has a good twist at the end. The only thing is I feel like it’s an HFA instead of an HEA. [I received an advanced copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.]
Tonia Rodriguez
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book drove me insane. And not in a good way. The author runs you through so much and in the end it was like they didn't know how or which way they wanted the story to actually go. It was a cluster.. Yeah that. I'm very disappointed in this. There's so mic talking and extra information that I skipped large sections to try and get to the end to find out what would happen, and then I was like "are you kidding me!?" If I had known I'd probably have DNfd it. As is, it's not for me. I don't recom ...more
Tanya
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She is on the last part of her holiday and when she next wakes up, she is on a small island 250 one away on a small.island. No-one knows what happened even her. She then finds out it happened a year ago but too her it felt like one night. What happened to her? Where has she been? Will she ever find out? See if she will find out

Fleur
Shelves: 2019
I really enjoyed how this story unfolded from finding Vanessa with no memory of the last year and then learning of Gunner and Aedan's past and secrets. There is plenty of mystery, sexual tension, secrets and twists that kept me reading needing to know what I might found out next. I will definitely be reading the next book to see where things go next!

Kathryn
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enchanting, entertaining and engulfing.
This story is a wild ride with many mysteries right from the start.
This a beautiful story about magic, love, and folklore. The characters are amazing with dynamic backgrounds, each more unique than the last.

I received an advanced copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving an unbiased , honest review.
Nancy
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it

Kathy L.
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting and mysterious...
There were so many questions from the very start of the book. You cannot help but want to figure it all out. This book is definitely a page-turner, but I felt the ending could have been slightly better. It still left you with some more questions in the end, but it was not too bad. Interesting, for sure...

Scarolet Ellis
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hidden by Megan Morgan is a wonderful story to read. This is an author I never read till this wonderful start to a brand new series this is book number one. I highly recommend this story exspecially if you love fantasy.

Vesmé
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The books starts with protagonist Vanessa walking up hundreds of kilometres from where she was the night before, only to realize that the night before was a year ago.

Things do not get easier from there.

I really enjoyed the mystery and characters. Also the locations are described very well so you can easily picture them. I always enjoy Morgan's work, she writes such compelling story lines!

Rachel
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story is an original paranormal romance. The characters are complex and realistic, the interplay stunningly believable. Megan Morgan is an author to watch out for for any lover of the unusual. Thoroughly enjoyable and easy to read, from the first to the last page.
Angie
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hidden is a great story and I enjoyed reading it. There are lots of twists and turns and once I started reading I couldn't stop... Well worth the time to read.. Can't wait for book 2

Alisha
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a great fantasy book and a great start to a series. I'll be reading book 2, definitely! This book had all the twists, mystery, steamy scenes, suspense and was great!

Barbara
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
A start to a new series by an Author I have not read before a story that kept me turning pages. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Nadea Croix
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I like this story It is well written and quite and engaging read with challenges in their relationship and detail provided to wet the reader interest.
Melissa
Jan 05, 2019
marzimarzo
Feb 05, 2019
Tina
Jan 31, 2019 added it
I really enjoyed this story. Really good plot to the story. Very well written. Would highly recommend it to anyone who likes this kind of stories. Can't wait to read more from this author

Nancy Burgess
Jean Craven
Dec 30, 2018
Lori Byrd
Dec 30, 2018

• Billionaire Dragon’s Secretary: BBW Dragon Shapeshifter Romance (Dragon Planet Romance Book 3)
  • Loving Lucas
  • Running Home: A Beachside Romance (Book 2)
  • Dragon Slayer (Drakon Academy #1)
  • Cupid Cowboys (Boot Knockers Ranch #7)
  • Flames of Truth (The Lost Fae, #1)
  • Tormenting Her Mate (My Wicked Mates, #3)
  • Cuffed by You (SAPD SWAT #3)
  • Pricked
  • Still Not Love (Enguard Protectors #4)
  • The Edge of You
  • Wicked Chemistry
  • Redemption: A Dark Irish Mafia Romance
  • Cowboy Surprise (The Dalton Boys, #9)
  • Chasing Gunner (Chasing #2)
  • Born Taken (Broken Angel #0.5)
  • The Demon King's Destiny (Fate of Imperium, #3)
  • The Winter of My Love (A Love for All Seasons, #2)
Megan Morgan is an award-winning paranormal and contemporary romance author from Cleveland, Ohio. A mild-mannered airport lounge supervisor by day and purveyor of things that go bump in the night, she lives on the often-wintry shores of Lake Erie with her spoiled cat and adult son, both of whom shed too much.

News & Interviews