Start by marking “Foul Is Fair” as Want to Read:
Foul Is Fair

Foul Is Fair

(Foul Is Fair #1)

Elle and her friends Mads, Jenny, and Summer rule their glittering LA circle. Untouchable, they have the kind of power other girls only dream of. Every party is theirs and the world is at their feet. Until the night of Elle’s sweet sixteen, when they crash a St. Andrew’s Prep party. The night the golden boys choose Elle as their next target.

They picked the wrong girl.

Expected publication: February 18th 2020 by Wednesday Books

Start your review of Foul Is Fair
Dita
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omigahhhhhhhhh!

This book is too much in all of the best ways. Vengeful, violent, over the top, and fabulous!!

I can TOTALLY imagine Quentin Tarantino rolling around in this book and sighing with pleasure.

Suspend disbelief and just get in there, this one is so much fun!!

Thank you to Hannah Capin, St Martin's Press and NetGalley for giving me this ARC in exchange for an honest review!
Nilufer Ozmekik
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Scary, bloody, violent retelling of teen Macbeth with the mash-up of Cruel Intensions, Riverdale, Mean Girls, American Horror Story “Coven” and of course one of the best disturbing high school movie “Heathers”!

So what do you think? You’re gonna be in or out! As a die-hard fan of all Shakespeare works, I took my place at the back seat, flipping pages with distorted face, widen eyes and the thought balloons appeared above my head says: “WTH I’m reading! Those teenagers couldn’t be real human
Paromjit
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Los Angeles is a privileged group of mean and powerful teen girls, the world is their oyster until Elizabeth Jade Khanjara, known as Elle, crashes a St Andrew's Prep Party on her sweet 16th birthday, with her friends, Jenny, Summer and Mads. She is raped and assaulted by 4 boys after her drink is spiked. Her memory fragmented and elusive, Elle becomes Jade, with her new short revenge black hair, she is no victim, no survivor, and with the unswerving support of her loyal coven of sisters, she ...more
Felicia
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If Macbeth pulled a Kill Bill on the movie Heathers, Foul is Fair would be the scene of the crime.

This book is f*cked the f*ck up.

So, obviously, I LOVED IT!

Think Sadie by Courtney Summers on a meth binge.

This is a story about the ultimate revenge. And, much like Kill Bill and Heathers, it's over-the-top craziness that couldn't possibly happen in real life, which is exactly how it should be told. This book is a revenge fantasy and if you aren't chill enough to appreciate that style... well
Deanna
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2020
My reviews can also be seen at: https://deesradreadsandreviews.wordpr...

“Sweet Sixteen is when the claws come out”

Elizabeth Jade Khanjara (Elle) is turning sixteen. Elle and her ride or die friends (Mads, Jenny, and Summer) are about to crash a party. It isn't just any party, it's a St. Andrew’s Prep party.

Unfortunately, the night takes a horrible turn.

Now Elle is Jade.

Jade and her coven are out for REVENGE!

Names are written in lip liner.

Jenny says “Fair is foul and foul is fair”

Little Jenny
Amy Imogene Reads
5 bloody stars

She's beauty, she's grace, she's going to put them all in their place—the grave.

Welcome to Hannah Capin's version of revenge. "For the girls who have had enough," indeed.

Concept:
Writing style:
Characters:
Pacing:

I had no idea what I was getting into with Foul is Fair, but I'm here now and it was amazing—twisted in the best way, dark in the best way, and so validating in its satirically dark version of female victim agency.

Elle went to a party for St. Andrews prep boys when she
Lily ☁️
2 1/2 stars. We stan books that include content and trigger warnings.

Blog | Bloglovin’ | Instagram | Tumblr |Twitter
Laurie Flynn
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read this one early, and it pretty much shattered my eyeballs. (Is that a thing? It is now.) FOUL IS FAIR is both a scream and the silence that follows. It's an unapologetically dark, feminist Macbeth, and I am here for it. Hannah Capin's writing is truly out of this world. It glitters and cuts, is both bold and poetic. The dismantling of these golden boys is raw and powerful and damn satisfying. Jade is not your typical protagonist and you will love her for it.

If books
megs_bookrack
Aug 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
Described as a 'feminist modern re-imagining of Shakespeare's Macbeth...part Cruel Intentions and Kill Bill'.

You have my attention!!!

Thank you, Wednesday Books, for the ARC! I am definitely looking forward to getting to this one and can we take a moment to appreciate this gorgeous cover.

Hannah Capin
May 25, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
hello all! i'm hannah, the author of FOUL IS FAIR. i look forward to sharing this book with you soon! i'd also like to share the link to the content advisory page for the book: hannahcapin.com/foulisfair. FOUL IS FAIR discusses several difficult subjects, including sexual assault and relationship abuse, and may not be a safe read for everyone. please keep your own wellbeing in mind. thank you!
Katie B
Dec 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Sometimes even when you don't particularly care for a book, you can at least recognize it wasn't necessarily a bad book, more it just wasn't for you. That is the case for Foul is Fair. I have read many positive reviews for it already and have seen it compared to various films and tv shows. And what is interesting to me is basically all of the comparisons are for things that aren't among my faves and therefore maybe I wasn't the best audience for this type of story.

The story is pretty wild and
Louise Wilson
Dec 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Its Elle's sixteenth birthday. All she wanted to do was to party and make great memories. But her memories soon turned to nightmares when she woke up battered and bruised. Her drink had been spiked. She remembers being pinned down by several boys. Elle now calls herself Jade and she plans to get her revenge on the boys wh attacked her.

There is a trigger warning page at the beginning off the boo. Jade and a group of friends out for revenge on the boys that attacked her. The teenagers are
alana ♡
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was truly a WILD ride from start to finish, and I was here for it every step of the way. It's dark, twisted, wicked, and so beautifully written. And to top it all off the author includes a trigger warning page.

RTC closer to pub date since I'll be a part of the blog tour.

Buddy read w/: Amanda

Blog | Twitter
Dennis
A fun young adult novel that is at times cringeworthy and also very dark. Think Cruel Intentions meets American Horror Story! I really enjoyed the narrative, but felt that the writing at times was a bit scattered. Definitely a fun lazy weekend type of read. Multiple trigger warnings throughout the book, but the author deals with them carefully and professionally. More to come.
Carol (Bookaria)
This book is a wild and insane ride, I had no idea what I was getting into.

Elle and her friends go to the party of a boy who attends another school, she expected to have fun but what she got will have her plotting deadly revenge.

The story is unapologetically dark and wicked. It is supposed to be the retelling of Shakespeare's Lady MacBeth but I haven't read that book, so I don't know how faithful it is to it. I find the idea of a well-plotted revenge entertaining as long as the story and the
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All I want is to have this book in my hands, right now, dear god, please. I have never wanted a thing more than this book. This book is my dreams realised.

*****

This book was FUCKED UP in all the right ways. I loved it; it made my heart race and it was almost impossible to put it down.

This is a book full of unapologetic feminist fury and it is EXACTLY what the world needs right now. All hail the angry, vengeful, vicious, monstrous, powerful women of the future.
Berit☀️✨
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-physical, 2019
What a wild and unique story!
RTC
Mandi1082
Very Dark and gritty. Think Shakespeare MacBeth mix with American Horror Story mix with Mean Girls and you have Foul is Fair.

When Elle attends a party with her group of girls called the Coven she is roofied and raped by a gang of boys. So she plots to seek revenge on everyone who is involved by killing them one by one. Trigger warnings for Sexual assault, rape culture, violence and language.

I did not know what I was getting myself into when I picked up this ARC. It's not something i usually
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-releases

This book is goddamn powerful it left me shaking. And the writing? Can we talk about the writing? It's haunting, beautiful and visceral. Holy shit.

RTC
Aga Durka
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well, this was not what I expected! Dark, gritty, and violent story of how sweet (and bloody) the revenge can be when getting even consumes your whole life, including your heart and soul. Elle, a.k.a. Jade, wants a payback, and she is willing to do everything possible to get her revenge. With the help from her three best friends, “the convent”, Jade starts her journey to destroy everyone involved in “the incident” that turned her from a popular and vivacious girl into a dark and “vengeful queen” ...more
Cyndi
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the kind of story that is hard to put down. And if you are forced to put it down you keep thinking about it.
Our story begins with a party. One of those parties that you see in shows like Gossip Girl. Beautiful people. Dancing, Drugs. Our heroine and her friends crash the party. The most popular guy and his friends choose her. Unfortunately.
When these young men decide to drug her and rape her she warns them they have chosen the wrong girl. As the story progresses she makes them truly
Breanna
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs
Cool concept, but the writing was not for me. RTC.
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
***Thank you to NetGalley for providing me a complimentary copy of FOUL IS FAIR by Hannah Capin in exchange for my honest review. ***

4.5 DELICIOUSLY DEVIOUS STARS

When wealthy boys gang rape Elle, she and her (metaphoric) coven of best friends devise a plan to make them pay. With their lives. Going by her middle name Jade she enrolls in their exclusive school with plans to taken them down literally by way of a boy she manipulates to do the killing.

FOUL IS FAIR is to literature what the movie
Sierra Elmore
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Partial list of content warnings: rape, sexual assault, misogyny (not condoned), violence, murder

I know they see it—
for just a second—
—our fangs and our claws.

Wow.

Hannah Capin's sophomore novel is a sharp, incisive look at rape and power in today's society. After a brutal rape at a party, Jade Khanjara and her clique/coven decide to get revenge on the four boys who thought they could ruin her. Lots of murder, lying, and suspicions ensue as Jade enmeshes herself within the boys' inner circle to
Kayla Brunson
I was engrossed in the book from the very beginning. I found myself thinking about it at work and couldn’t wait for my lunch breaks so I could read a few more chapters. I saw somewhere that this was a mashup of Kill Bill and the #metoo movement and I couldn’t agree more. Before I say anymore, please make sure that you are in the best headspace for this book. This is full of things that might be triggering for people. The author has included a full list of trigger warnings at her website, ...more
Layne
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book more than Macbeth.

Jade is an unforgettable character, and I was cheering her and her coven on through every step of their epic revenge scheme. But what's really special about this novel is the writing - it's razor-sharp and rhythmic, almost poetic at times without losing one ounce of tension. Truly Shakespearean.

I will be buying a copy for every angry bitch I know come 2020, and you should too!
Alison
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars but I'll round up.

Wow... Just wow!!!

I was not expecting that and in fact for the first few chapters I wasn't sure I was going to get on with this book at all. The writing style is unique, it's heavy on imagery (lots of references to birds and talons and wings), and I'm still not sure I liked it (not a fan of imagery) but this wouldn't be anywhere near as powerful and original without it.

Despite the pretty big clue in the title I honestly didn't realise this was a YA retelling of
Penelope
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was ok

This one was a tricky one to review! On the one hand, the writing is drop dead beautiful. Just stunning. Capin is clearly a talent in this respect.

Not only that, but I was thrilled to see an MC that was Indian. Capin is an excellent example of why people should be allowed to write whatever race they want, as long as their race isn't important to the story. THIS is how we will get more diversity, people! We'll only get there if we support white writers to add diversity in wherever they
Diana Iozzia (Bookworm Banter)
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Foul is Fair”
Written by Hannah Capin
Reviewed by Diana Iozzia

“Foul is Fair” is a fueled-by-revenge young adult fiction story, that follows teenage Jade and her cult, who are determined to take down a group of terrible boys that assaulted Jade. Those who are associated with them are not innocent either. Some handed her drinks; some ignored the actions. This book is first and foremost a retelling of William Shakespeare’s “Macbeth”, but it also feels like it also combines in “Heathers”, “13 Reasons

• Jane Anonymous
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • Tweet Cute
  • Diamond City (Diamond City, #1)
  • Don't Read the Comments
  • Are You Watching?
  • Blood Countess
  • What Kind of Girl
  • Adults
  • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
  • The Lucky Ones
  • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • What Unbreakable Looks Like
  • Full Disclosure
  • The Better Liar
  • Resurrection Girls
  • Darling Rose Gold
  • The Silvered Serpents (The Gilded Wolves, #2)
Hannah Capin lives in Tidewater Virginia. She holds degrees from the Indiana University School of Music and Columbia University. When she isn't working on her next book, you'll find her sailing, singing, or scheming with her friends. She is the author of THE DEAD QUEENS CLUB and FOUL IS FAIR (2020). ...more
“Killing someone hurts worse if somebody you love is holding the knife.” 3 likes
“In the mirror I’m something from a 2AM movie about Catholic Schoolgirl vampires. Revenge-black hair, short and sharp; a face that says she’ll pull you to the dark side and you’ll love every second of it.” 2 likes