Start by marking “Foul Is Fair” as Want to Read:
Foul Is Fair

Foul Is Fair

(Foul Is Fair #1)

Elle and her friends Mads, Jenny, and Summer rule their glittering LA circle. Untouchable, they have the kind of power other girls only dream of. Every party is theirs and the world is at their feet. Until the night of Elle’s sweet sixteen, when they crash a St. Andrew’s Prep party. The night the golden boys choose Elle as their next target.

They picked the wrong girl.

Swo
Expected publication: February 4th 2020 by Wednesday Books (first published January 16th 2020)

Start your review of Foul Is Fair
Felicia
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If Macbeth pulled a Kill Bill on the movie Heathers, Foul is Fair would be the scene of the crime.

This book is f*cked the f*ck up.

So, obviously, I LOVED IT!

Think Sadie by Courtney Summers on a meth binge.

This is a story about the ultimate revenge. And, much like Kill Bill and Heathers, it's over-the-top craziness that couldn't possibly happen in real life, which is exactly how it should be told. This book is a revenge fantasy and if you aren't chill enough to appreciate
Dita
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omigahhhhhhhhh!

This book is too much in all of the best ways. Vengeful, violent, over the top, and fabulous!!

I can TOTALLY imagine Quentin Tarantino rolling around in this book and sighing with pleasure.

Suspend disbelief and just get in there, this one is so much fun!!

Thank you to Hannah Capin, St Martin's Press and NetGalley for giving me this ARC in exchange for an honest review!
Nilufer Ozmekik
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Scary, bloody, violent retelling of teen Macbeth with the mash-up of Cruel Intensions, Riverdale, Mean Girls, American Horror Story “Coven” and of course one of the best disturbing high school movie “Heathers”!

So what do you think? You’re gonna be in or out! As a die-hard fan of all Shakespeare works, I took my place at the back seat, flipping pages with distorted face, widen eyes and the thought balloons appeared above my head says: “WTH I’m reading! Those teenagers couldn’t be rea
Lily ☁️
We stan books that include content and trigger warnings.

Blog | Bloglovin’ | Instagram | TumblrTwitter
Laurie Flynn
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read this one early, and it pretty much shattered my eyeballs. (Is that a thing? It is now.) FOUL IS FAIR is both a scream and the silence that follows. It's an unapologetically dark, feminist Macbeth, and I am here for it. Hannah Capin's writing is truly out of this world. It glitters and cuts, is both bold and poetic. The dismantling of these golden boys is raw and powerful and damn satisfying. Jade is not your typical protagonist and you will love her for it.

If books ha
megs_bookrack
Aug 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
Described as a 'feminist modern re-imagining of Shakespeare's Macbeth...part Cruel Intentions and Kill Bill'.

You have my attention!!!

Thank you, Wednesday Books, for the ARC! I am definitely looking forward to getting to this one and can we take a moment to appreciate this gorgeous cover.

Dennis
A fun young adult novel that is at times cringeworthy and also very dark. Think Cruel Intentions meets American Horror Story! I really enjoyed the narrative, but felt that the writing at times was a bit scattered. Definitely a fun lazy weekend type of read. Multiple trigger warnings throughout the book, but the author deals with them carefully and professionally. More to come.
Hannah Capin
May 25, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
hello all! i'm hannah, the author of FOUL IS FAIR. i look forward to sharing this book with you soon! i'd also like to share the link to the content advisory page for the book: hannahcapin.com/foulisfair. FOUL IS FAIR discusses several difficult subjects, including sexual assault and relationship abuse, and may not be a safe read for everyone. please keep your own wellbeing in mind. thank you!
Penelope
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was ok

This one was a tricky one to review! On the one hand, the writing is drop dead beautiful. Just stunning. Capin is clearly a talent in this respect.

Not only that, but I was thrilled to see an MC that was Indian. Capin is an excellent example of why people should be allowed to write whatever race they want, as long as their race isn't important to the story. THIS is how we will get more diversity, people! We'll only get there if we support white writers to add diversity in wherever they
Kayla Brunson
I was engrossed in the book from the very beginning. I found myself thinking about it at work and couldn’t wait for my lunch breaks so I could read a few more chapters. I saw somewhere that this was a mashup of Kill Bill and the #metoo movement and I couldn’t agree more. Before I say anymore, please make sure that you are in the best headspace for this book. This is full of things that might be triggering for people. The author has included a full list of trigger warnings at her website, https://www.hannahcapin.com/foulisfair.

This f
Sierra Elmore
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Partial list of content warnings: rape, sexual assault, misogyny (not condoned), violence, murder

I know they see it—
for just a second—
—our fangs and our claws.

Wow.

Hannah Capin's sophomore novel is a sharp, incisive look at rape and power in today's society. After a brutal rape at a party, Jade Khanjara and her clique/coven decide to get revenge on the four boys who thought they could ruin her. Lots of murder, lying, and suspicions ensue as Jade enmeshes herself within the bo/>
Feb 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
All I want is to have this book in my hands, right now, dear god, please. I have never wanted a thing more than this book. This book is my dreams realised.
Diana Iozzia (Bookworm Banter)
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Foul is Fair”
Written by Hannah Capin
Reviewed by Diana Iozzia

“Foul is Fair” is a fueled-by-revenge young adult fiction story, that follows teenage Jade and her cult, who are determined to take down a group of terrible boys that assaulted Jade. Those who are associated with them are not innocent either. Some handed her drinks; some ignored the actions. This book is first and foremost a retelling of William Shakespeare’s “Macbeth”, but it also feels like it also combines in
Layne
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book more than Macbeth.

Jade is an unforgettable character, and I was cheering her and her coven on through every step of their epic revenge scheme. But what's really special about this novel is the writing - it's razor-sharp and rhythmic, almost poetic at times without losing one ounce of tension. Truly Shakespearean.

I will be buying a copy for every angry bitch I know come 2020, and you should too!
Jill McGill
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to Come!!!
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
***Thank you to NetGalley for providing me a complimentary copy of FOUL IS FAIR by Hannah Capin in exchange for my honest review. ***

4.5 DELICIOUSLY DEVIOUS STARS

When wealthy boys gang rape Elle, she and her (metaphoric) coven of best friends devise a plan to make them pay. With their lives. Going by her middle name Jade she enrolls in their exclusive school with plans to taken them down literally by way of a boy she manipulates to do the killing.

FOUL IS FAIR
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it

This book is goddamn powerful it left me shaking. And the writing? Can we talk about the writing? It's haunting, beautiful and visceral. Holy shit.

RTC
Luna
Oct 02, 2019 rated it liked it
*trigger warning: discusses sexual assault*
An extremely dark, beautiful and well-written novel that pulls you in right from the start, however the plot fails to reach the same level of the writing.
Foul is Fair follows Jade, a highschooler, who transfers schools to exact her bloody revenge against the boys that sexually assaulted her at a party.

I really enjoyed Capin’s writing in this novel. It was dark and enticing, rich with vocabulary and adjectives, and
Emily
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Foul is Fair is the first book I've read by Hannah Capin, and I loved it so much. This might be one of my favorite books I've read this year. The story was intriguing, the characters were well-written, and the story was intense and dramatic.

This book deals with some disturbing content - the rape scene is off-page, but there are a lot of flashbacks that I could see being triggering. I love that the author is so upfront with her content warnings at the beginning of the book, and I'm sure many oth
Jessica Bibi
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I will write a full review closer to 2020 lol but I can firmly say--I read this book several months ago and it still haunts me. I honestly think about Jade every day.

Watch out, this book is utterly sensational and I can't wait for it to go out into the world. I want to give a copy to everyone I meet.

Golden boys, beware.
michelle (magical reads)
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, reviews, arcs

read on my blog

**I got an ARC through a giveaway from the author (thank you, Hannah Capin!) and from Netgalley. These are my honest opinions, and in no way was I compensated for this review.**

I’m ten times stronger than they’ll ever be.
A thousand times more ruthless.

I adored Hannah Capin’s debut and I was so excited to see what she would do next. Foul I/>
booksneedcaffeinetoo
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, arc
1. I read this book in a day, so it is addictive (but please check out the content warnings!!!!!)
2. I could totally picture this being a movie with the cinematography being a mixture of EUPHORIA and KILL BILL
3. Oof manipulative girls I stan
4. Imagine meeting someone and within five days convincing them to murder their friend. What power.
5. The book has a dry narration style with a lot of flashbacks so if you hate sentence fragments then you’ll probably hate this book
6. Parts
Sonia Hartl
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK IS EVERYTHING! I can’t scream this loud enough! It’s so vicious and smart and filled me with so much feminist rage I want to fight ten dudes with nothing more than a sharpened manicure and the spikiest stiletto. It is absolutely unapologetic in its rage and I could not love it more for it. This book gives every girl a sword who has ever been a victim and makes them warriors. It never pretends to be sweet and gives a giant middle finger to not just the offenders, but the enablers as wel ...more
Sophie Gonzales
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reserving this spot for my super fancy official statement regarding how excellent this book is.

But oh yeah. I've read it and weeped.
Jessica
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was amazingly fortunate to have the privilege of reading a very early copy of this and it was rage incarnate and wonderfully terrifying and hauntingly beautiful. Just, wow.
faith ✨
THIS COVER!!
Kelsey Rodkey
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you're into dark, beautifully-written, unapologetic fiction that never dumbs itself down for you, add FOUL IS FAIR to your TBR right. now.

It's stunning, empowering, and cinematic. Sharp, fast-paced, and gripping. It's like reading the murderer's side of a murder mystery, except you're cheering her on. Jade is fierce and unforgettable. Her story will sit with readers for a long time.

Content warnings for (I'm probably missing a bunch): sexual assault (not shown on page), self
Sylvia
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
CW: offscreen rape, violence and gore

For all those who rage-watched the news about rapists and would-be rapists who got off with light sentences, slaps on the wrists, or Supreme Court appointments, Four is Fair is the Macbeth re-telling set in high school that will fuel your revenge fantasies. An unforgettable, dark, cold, and murder-y story about a fierce and unapologetic villain protagonist unleashing bloody retribution on the untouchable golden boys.
Sam
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOD. I was lucky enough to read an early version of this manuscript and it is INCREDIBLE. It's a feminist howl of rage that's oh so satisfying. I couldn't put it down.
Alyson Stone
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, teen-fic
Book: Foul Is Fair
Author: Hannah Capin
Rating: 5 Out of 5 Stars

I would like to thank the publisher, Wednesday Books, for being so kind as to think of me by sending me this ARC. I was sent this ARC because I loved Sadie by Country Summer. I must say that this was very much like Sadie and I enjoyed it just as much.

Now, if you are looking for a revenge book, then this is for you. Jade and her friends go to this party, where Jade is raped by the golden boys of St. Andrews. Ra
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Tweet Cute
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • The Dead Girls Club
  • Jane Anonymous
  • Ruthless Gods (Something Dark and Holy, #2)
  • Darling Rose Gold
  • Resurrection Girls
  • The Grace Year
  • The Better Liar
  • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
  • I Will Make You Pay
  • The Look-Alike
  • Diamond City (Diamond City, #1)
  • The Good Luck Girls (The Good Luck Girls, #1)
  • The Library of Lost Things
  • Big Lies in a Small Town
  • Reverie
  • Mooncakes
Hannah Capin lives in Tidewater Virginia. She holds degrees from the Indiana University School of Music and Columbia University. When she isn't working on her next book, you'll find her sailing, singing, or scheming with her friends. She is the author of THE DEAD QUEENS CLUB and FOUL IS FAIR (2020). ...more
“Killing someone hurts worse if somebody you love is holding the knife.” 3 likes
“In the mirror I’m something from a 2AM movie about Catholic Schoolgirl vampires. Revenge-black hair, short and sharp; a face that says she’ll pull you to the dark side and you’ll love every second of it.” 2 likes