Start by marking “Tequila High” as Want to Read:

(100 Proof #1)

Haley Brandt isn’t the one-night-stand type, but too much tequila and a man with two sinfully black eyes left her breathless and willing to break her own rules. Her only solace was the fact that she’d never see him again.

Until the next morning when she finds out he’s her ride out of town and back to the ranch where she grew up.

Nixon Holt works with Haley’s father, so Hale
230 pages
Published November 18th 2018 by M. Leighton Books

To ask other readers questions about Tequila High, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tequila High

Claire Robinson
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "Not until you..." Stars!

I didn’t realize just how long it’s been since I last read a book by the talented Michelle Leighton, and it was such a treat to immerse myself in one of her lighter-hearted stories again.

"Anytime you have an… urge you need to take care of, consider me your man of the moment. Use me however you’d like."

I think it’s safe to say this is an author that is back in her writing happy place with Haley and Nixon’s story. Tequila High started and ended on a High and all the in
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Haley hasn't been home to her family's ranch in ten years. She left as a young 19 year old with a broken heart and soul and now she's divorced and back home for a while - with her dad and three sisters.

Enter Nixon. He's living on the ranch too. And Haley doesn't want anything to do with guys who work on the farm - never again. But she met him before she knew who he was!

And he's so mega irresistible, working out with no shirt on in the living room! Grrrr.

But of course there are some tiny little s
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"Never have I ever..."

All it took was seeing the author's name and I was all-in, without even knowing what the story was about. As expected, I loved Tequila High. What I didn't expect was to fall in love with Haley's whole family. I don't know what the future holds in this fictional world, but I really hope to spend more time at the ranch.

Haley is hanging out with her best friend at a bar and they are on a Tequila high. If she hadn't been drunk, she might not have let her lust make her dec
Courtney
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Any time I see that Michelle Leighton is putting out a book, I am all-in, no blurb needed. Tequila High is the first book in her 100 Proof series and she's definitely started the series out well.

Tequila High is Haley's story and it's quite an emotional one. She is the eldest of her sisters and the one who has been away from home and the ranch for the last 10 years. The beginning of this story was a bit slow for me, but what kept me intrigued was the story behind Haley's absence for the last 10 y
Shelly Crane
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-books

I snagged myself an ARC of Tequila High, and Mrs. Leighton does not dissappoint!

I had no doubt, from the premise alone, that this was going to be a great book. I always enjoy her books. They are full of love and sweetness and hope. These characters are people that I could imagine living in my town, they were so well written and realistic.

Haley was complicated, real, and had been hurt. She loved her family and she wanted nothing more than for things to work out, all the way around. Nixon wasn’t
Angel
A NON SPOILER REVIEW!

OHEMGEEEEE! I’m so full of happiness from this book!

Haley and Nixon will steal your heart, I’m giddy with excitement
Over how adorably cute these two were. I love their unique banter and his persistence. I mean who wouldn’t want a Nixon (SWOON.)
I can FEEL his eyes when he’s looking at her, gahhhh I couldn’t put it down. I don’t remember the last time I read a book in one sitting. It’s not often. I couldn’t get enough, I mean right from the moment they met I couldn’t turn th
* A review copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. *

~ 5 Never Have I Ever Stars ~

FULL REVIEW to come on Release Day.... Read this book, you won't be sorry. I am in love with Nixon Holt!!!

FULL REVIEW Now Posted::
Nixon Holt!!! Remember that name because you WILL want to meet him and he WILL take the top spot on your book boyfriend list. I can honestly say he has taken over my Michelle Leighton’s Hero spot.

This book took be back to the beginning with Michelle and her wr
Nadine Bookaholic
You can see this and other Reviews I have written along with various cover reveals, excerpts, and giveaways here Nadine's Obsessed with Books

Michelle Leighton (M. Leighton) is one author that I can guarantee will have me in tears while I am reading her books lately. I don't know how she does it, but she ALWAYS gets me to feel everything! And while I did cry while reading this book, I didn't need a full box of tissues because I laughed too. While I absolutely love the deeply emotional reads that
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
By: Michelle Leighton
4 Stars

Let me tell you…I was totally ready to pack my bags and move to the ranch and work whatever job I could…just to get right up there next to Nixon Holt! Would love to have him teach me to ride a horse 😉

Haley Brandt left home 10 years ago and hasn’t returned since that day. Vowing when she pulled out of the ranch…

NEVER Again having anything to do a ranch hand.

Nixon Holt can’t take his eyes off the girl sitting at the bar. When the stars have aligned, and sh
Elizabeth Clinton
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Michelle Leighton has given us another one sitting read. Tequila High is a book from the minute you turn to the very first page you are hooked and the next time you are looking up is when you see the words The End.
Never have I ever met two characters that are so perfect for the other. Haley Brandt & Nixon Holt will steam up the pages from the first time their eyes meet from across the bar.
Haley & Nixon meet in a very unconventional way and when they realize they share an uncommon conne
Melanie Cesa
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this! What starts out as a dare on a fun night out quickly turns into so much more. Neither Nixon or Haley are looking for love, but unexpected feelings take root and I enjoyed watching everything unfold. Obstacles of their pasts have them fighting their feelings as well as a secret that could change everything. Their chemistry is explosive and their relationship adorable, sweet, and fun. I also enjoyed the family dynamic and hope to see more of them all.

Nixon and Haley are so fun. I lov
Heather andrews
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nixon is just always teasing his woman, “no, I don’t mind if you strut around nude after your shower. I can live with that.” Haley and Nixon are just all for each other, “well, to be fair, other than taking care of basic needs like food and hygiene, that is all we’ve done for the last two weeks..." I liked this book, I fell in love with Nixon.
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
M. Leighton has done it again! She has knocked it out the ballpark and lord have mercy do I love me some Tequila tehehehe.

This is one of those stories that will have you laughing and crying all at the same time. I loved Haley and Nixon. They both had their shortcomings but they were able to look past all that and become more than friends.

Haley has a rule she does not do one night stands. She stays clear from relationships because it is better to be friends because she has been hurt and does not
Kim
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Haley Brandt's recipe for bad choices.
A night out with her instigating best friend, Lia.
Add Tequila + More Tequila. A dare. A sexy stranger. A hotel room.
And one hot as hell encounter.
Her night of stepping out of her comfort zone was just supposed to be a one and done.
But then the next day, it comes back to haunt her.

Nixon Holt apparently is not really a stranger to her family, and her dad asks him to drive her back to the family ranch she has not stepped foot on in ten years. She has a har
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

I have been an M. Leighton fan for years now and with each and every release I dive into the book with excitement. I was extremely excited for this one because I am a tequila fan and couldn’t wait to see the tie in. I dove into this one almost immediately and it was so hard to put down.

Never have I ever wanted to visit a ranch so badly. I am not a country girl, I am city born and raised, but if they make them like Nixon there then I could maybe fig
Terri
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book. I couldn’t put it down. The way Nixon and Haley meet had me laughing and the way everything unfolded was just a joy.

Haley (newly divorced) is in a bar with her best friend Lia after coming home to the family ranch for the first time in 10 years. Lia insists Haley needs to get back in the saddle again and find a man. She agrees to leave Haley alone if she will at least find someone in the bar to kiss. With everyone watching and listening to the exchange, she sets he
Sarah Scholz
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow! What a great story! Nixon is quite a character 😊 The chemistry between him and Hayley was explosive from the start.🔥 I really enjoyed the push and pull of their relationship. I loved watching Hayley fight a losing battle with the fireworks between her & Nixon. Her hesitancy was understandable after learning about her past. I loved Nixon's protectiveness of her. Also to see all of the obstacles that Nixon & Hayley had to face in their relationship, on the way to their well-deserved H ...more
Jessi
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
M Leighton has done it again. I’m a huge fan of her and for good reason. Every time I start one of her books, I can’t put them down. Tequila High gripped me from page one and I couldn’t stop until I finished it.
Haley and Nixon and tequila. Much like shooting tequila, this story starts as a slow, deep burn and quickly ignites into flames flickering at your soul.
One kiss from a stranger quickly turns into a slow burning, passionate love between two people who don’t do love. Never have I ever wan
Melissa
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Nixon & Haley meet briefly in a bar one night sparks fly between the two. So imagine Haley’s surprise when she finds out that Nixon is working for her father & they will be staying at her families ranch together! Can she keep her distance or will their chemistry be to much to ignore? Can Nixon wear her defenses down and get her to open up? When they both have secrets will the truth be too much to handle? This is a sweet romance that is a quick read. Told in dual POV
Tracy  C
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
For some reason, this book really bothered me. Hayley clearly states she is not interested and Nixon doesn't really care. He is going to go after her anyway, even though he just wants sex. He seemed like a jerk to me. And Hayley annoyed me. She gets hysterical because Nixon supposedly lied to her an used her like her ex did. UMMMM NO. Get over yourself!
Three Chicks
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!
Review by Lisa Kane

I adore Ms. Leighton's books and when I saw she was starting a new series, based on sisters-Haley, Hope, Hannah and Harper- I couldn't sign up fast enough!

If Tequila High is any indication of how this series is going to go, then I am in heaven!

Haley Brandt is going back to her family's ranch for the first time in ten years. Newly divorced, she's going to see her family and she couldn't be more nervous. Tossing back shots with her best friend, Lia, it's clear Haley's
Naomi
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review Scheduled to go live on blog on November 29th @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

4.5 Stars

Michelle Leighton is one of my all time favourite authors, so when she brings out a new book you know I am going to snap it up. Once I got my hands on Tequila High, you can bet that I devoured it during every spare moment that I had! It was a lighter read than the last few books she has written, full of sexual tension and amusing moments that will leave any reader wanting more!

Right from the opening chapters, I
Julie
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
After years of absence from her family’s farm, Haley Brandt decides it’s time to head back to the place that holds so many memories from the past. Running away from the demons that haunt her soul also meant leaving behind Haley’s sisters and father. This trip would be a chance to reconnect and get her bearings from the latest downfall in Haley’s life.

What Haley doesn’t expect is for a drunken Tequila high to alter her plans. One night in a bar definitely left Haley reeling from the effects. Now
Rachel
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Haley isn’t a one night stand kind of girl, but on a dare fueled by too much tequila she kisses a stranger in a bar. A kiss moves to more, Haley decides to let go of her rules for a night and have some fun. Besides, it isn’t like she will see him again. It figures the one time she steps out of her comfort zone, it can’t be that simple.

Nixon Holt may work with Haley’s father, but he also knows he is interested in Haley, despite her rule against dating ranch employees.

Neither of these two is look
Christina
Nov 10, 2018 rated it liked it
3.75 Stars...

A sweet, sweet romance with plenty of steam, a sassy heroine and one smooth talking cowboy. M. Leighton has gifted us a wonderful tale of two people not looking for love but who find it anyway. Both of these characters are resistant to the idea of falling in love; Haley because she’s been hurt too many times (and in some pretty horrible ways), and Nixon who just wants nothing to do with love.

Together, Hayley and Nixon make an explosive couple. Individually, they are well developed
Andrea
5 deliciously sexy stars!!

Oh I loved this book, it gave me all the warm, fuzzy feels and then some!!
A fun and deliciously sexy read. It's M. Leighton at her very best.

Tequila High had me smiling practically throughout the whole book, sometimes laughing out loud and sometimes shouting in frustration. I was hooked from the first page and found it very hard to put down.

I loved Haley & Nixon, they were just perfect together. The flirty, sexy banter they shared with each other left me with a g
Diksha Dikshu
I m a big fan of Michelle Leighton and her books. So when i get a chance to read ARC of her upcoming romance novel i dived in!! And Ohhh My Freaking God......I m high on this book and Nixon and Haley! The title seems fitting with all the high you'll feel after reading this book. I read this in one sitting, it sucked me in the story right from the first page. I can't seem to put it down. Nixon and Haley will definitely steal your breath away and holy cow the sexiness that is Nixon *steals my brea ...more
Jeanine Levy
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tequila High is a brand new book and characters from M. Leighton. Haley and Nixon meet in a bar and share one night, something very unlike Haley, but there is a pull she just can't deny. Nixon feels a pull but chalks it up to attraction.

When they realize hey will both be st Haley's family ranch she tells him nothing more can happen. The banter these two have is great, the pull and connection is something her family can see even with Haley's denial. Nixon is persistent and it doesn't go unnotice
Lexie Abshire
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It all starts in a bar. Too much Tequila has Lia talking about penetration and in order for Haley to quiet her very loud best friend she must kiss a stranger, a very gorgeous stranger. Insert Nixon, and boy does he enjoy making her squirm as she explains the situation. You may never look at Tequila the same. Ever heard the saying "You shouldn't dance with the Devil?" We are about to bust into Hades doing the jig haha. Haley wakes up thinking of the stranger she can't get off her mind..lucky for ...more
Renee Jamison-Hardman
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bring on the sexy ranch hand Nixon and the tequila shooting, redhead Haley and you get an explosion of lust and hesitation.

Never had Haley ever thought she would find herself back home in Texas at the family's ranch. Never had she ever expected to find love again. Never had she ever expected Nixon.

"Sweet mother of audio pheromones! His voice is like warm honey dripping down my chest. Or like melted chocolate being dribbled on my thighs."

Never had Nixon ever been so taken by one woman. Never ha
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author, M. Leighton, is a native of Ohio. She relocated to the warmer climates of the South, where she can be near the water all summer and miss the snow all winter. Possessed of an overactive imagination from early in her childhood, Michelle finally found an acceptable outlet for her fantastical visions: literary fiction. Having written over a dozen novels ...more