Start by marking “Slower” as Want to Read:
Slower

Slower

Speed bumps are there for a reason. Especially after barreling through the genesis of a relationship. But when rock drummer, Jake, and his career-driven girlfriend, Louana, blow through stop signs and red lights, sirens flare. The two learn one thing: If they want their love to last, Slower is the only way to go.
ebook
Published November 27th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Slower, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slower

Coralie Moss
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Slower. A word to live by in terms of romance (okay, but not TOO slow…).

We first met Jake and Louana in FASTER, author Deana Birch’s first full-length contemporary romance. In this follow-up, the two main characters hit a bump in their relationship and we get to watch them slowly, hopefully, and at times painfully try and find their way back to each other.

I found myself lingering over almost every sentence on every page. This story shines, and it digs deep, and like the musicians scattered throu
Marit
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
BAH! I’d been waiting for the official HEA of Louana and Jake and boy oh boy does Deana make us pay for for it. She’s mean and we all suffer with the couple. But there’s a “smut-o-logue” so I forgive her.
Evie Drae
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Faster, the first book in this rockstar romance duology, was a phenomenal read… and Slower, the conclusion to the series, didn’t disappoint.

Faster finds our romantic leads, Jake and Louana, falling in love. And as the title suggests, they do so in a magnificent whirlwind. Which means, in Slower, they realize it’s clearly time to, well, slow things down. Especially if they want to keep the love they have alive.

I must say, one of my favorite little nuggets Ms. Birch included in this series is the
Felicia Grossman
I was so pleased that Jake and Louana got a sequel. It was so amazing to see them post HFN. Like in Faster, their struggles as a couple were so real. Even though both of their lives are kind of glamorous, the issues are so universal: navigating a career you love but doesn't always fit your values, navigating your own family as well as your partner's, finding similarities in seemingly different backgrounds, and melding two lives together.

I adored that the character made messy choices, whole mista
Michelle Orloff
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I hope I'm not spoiling this for anyone, but at the end of Faster, Louana and Jake are happy . . . BUT. Some writers would have dusted their hands and moved on. Not Deana Birch. No, she's got to poke a stick at their relationship, and when she does, it cracks wide open. These two have bigger issues even than how to square Jake's rock-and-roll tour schedule with Louana's fledgling career. They drag each other--and the reader--through Angst-a-Palooza. And what a ride! People who love a side of hea ...more
Homebody
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Slower is the conclusion of Jake and Louana’s love story. When I read Faster, my biggest pet peeve (the miscommunication trope) was a driving force in the hurdles these two had to face. That and the fact that neither knew how to relationship.

The miscommunication/lack of communication is like its own character in Slower. In faster Jake and Lou jumped in both feet first and while the sexual attraction was there, Lou had some serious concerns that came to light at the end of Faster which sort of be
Amy Popewiny
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy Slower! This was a fantastic read! If Faster by Deana Birch left you craving more well here is your fix! In Faster we read how Jake and Louana had a whirlwind romance!

In Slower life's rollercoaster has happened! Will these two destined to be together be able to weather the storm or will the pain be too great to bare? This book has everything from super steamy sex, jealousy, and real life insecurities.

I could not put this down and it truly stayed on my mind long after I finished the last sen
Antoine
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So great to reconnect with Louana and Jake. I especially loved the french part (spoiler alert) of the book which brought many personal memories home. Read it fast!
Up All Night With Books
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Review by Elizabeth
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

Holy angsty heck! When we met Jake and Louana in Faster, we thought they would get their happy ever after then, but noooope. In Slower, we finally get that happy ever after we were looking for but, we all know happy ever afters come with a price.

As I stated in my first sentence, holy angsty heck! Angst is not my forte, it never really has been, but Slower just dragged me in and would not let me go. With Jake being who he is
Pamela
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jake and Louana met and fell in love in Faster. Now we see them working through problems and learning to take things slower to keep their relationship together. This was a great read concluding the couple's story.
Becca
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Still hot in book 2! The love and lust from book one is still there while these two spicy characters learn how to be together. 5 star contemporary romance.
Jessica Calla
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
SLOWER continues the story of FASTER, where we meet rock star Jake, and music biz woman Louana. Now that they're together, life starts throwing curveballs at sexy sweetheart Jake, and sassy smart Louana. Exes, family, bandmates, clients... all combine to cause them, and their relationship, major amounts of stress.

What I love about SLOWER is that it shows the parts after this couple's happily ever after and Jake and Louana working on real-life issues. Life isn't a fairy tale, and Ms. Birch does a
Amelia Foster
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Opening the pages (well, digital pages, that is) of SLOWER was a super exciting moment for me. FASTER made me fall madly in love with Jake (but if we are being honest, who doesn’t?) and desperately wish I had legs, an ass, and a man like Lou. Not to mention the whole awesomely cool job in the entertainment industry and living in California thing. So to say that I was giddy to read more about their super hot sexy times and their adorable exploration into a real relationship is an understatement.

B
Kathy Aronoff
Not Sure

Slower is a little more enjoyable than the first book Faster but IMO it felt unfinished especially the big secret regarding Shane which is no big deal in the end and Jake’s future, Jake and Louana meet fall fast break up both making mistakes and reunite but why over 2 books, many added characters and subplots ? Just didn’t seem necessary to get to the end.
Deana Birch
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Julie Drake
Pam Curran
Feb 14, 2019
Coralee Corrigan
Feb 14, 2019
Contemporary romance and erotica writer Deana Birch was named after her father’s first love, who just so happened not to be her mother. Born and raised in the Midwest, she made stops in Los Angeles and New York before settling in Europe where she lives with her own blue-eyed Happily Ever After. Her days are spent teaching yoga, playing tennis, ruining her children’s French homework, cleaning up do ...more