Start by marking “You Fit The Pattern (Julia Gooden Mystery, #4)” as Want to Read:
You Fit The Pattern (Julia Gooden Mystery, #4)

You Fit The Pattern

(Julia Gooden Mystery #4)

Published March 26th 2019 by Kensington Publishing

Dita
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
You Fit the Pattern is the fourth book in the Julia Gooden series but it holds its own impressively as a stand alone. (I have not read the first three.)

There is a serial killer loose in Detroit and he is targeting size 2 brunettes who run; women just like journalist Julia Gooden. The murders are vicious and the victims aren't related in any way apart from their resemblance to Julia. The ritualistic murders incorporate elements of voodoo, Satanisn and Wicca and the killer has a fondness for cat a
Erin
Mar 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, series

Thanks to Netgalley and Kensington Books for a digital galley in exchange for an honest review.

Although this is the fourth book in the series, I felt that the author provided enough character background to treat it as a standalone. A contemporary mystery thriller set in Detroit, Julia Gooden, a local reporter soon becomes entangled with a police investigation. Single mothers who run in the local parks are ending up dead and they all bear a striking resemblance to Julia.

I felt that
Carrie
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
You Fit The Pattern by Jane Haseldine is the fourth book of the Julia Gooden Mystery series. Each book of the series seems to have it’s own mystery to solve although I have not read the first three myself.

Julia Gooden who is a main character of this series is a crime writer who is no stranger to serial killers having lost her own brother to a killer years ago. When female joggers begin to fall victim to a new killer Julia finds herself even more entwined in the case when it seems the victims bar
Mandy White
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
You Fit The Pattern by Jane Haseldine is the fourth book in this series to feature crime reporter Julia Gooden. I did not realise this when I started reading it and I have to say that it read fine as a stand alone book. In saying that though I really enjoyed this book and am keen to go back and read more about these characters. I really liked Julia, a single mother working hard to balance her family and work. She is gutsy and stubborn and her family is everything to her. She has a tragic past wh ...more
Amy
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: physical-arcs
This is the fourth book in a series following crime reporter Julia Gooden but I jumped into this series at book three and had no problem catching on. I think you could read any of these as standalones as each book focuses on a new case and also fills in enough background information that it’s easy to follow along.

Julia is such a fun lead character, she’s smart, feisty and fearless which makes for some seriously interesting and entertaining scenarios. There was a personal angle for Julia with thi
Maranda
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this Series - -Can't say enough good things about Haseldine and this Julia Gooden Mystery Collection. Julia lives with memory of loosing her brother at an early age. She is a mother of two sons with a live in "Hazel" maid. Her Journalist job and savy detective skills puts her working with the police to solve a string of murders. Well written characters and twist and turn crime plot. Oh yes some romance sprinkled in. "A copy of this book was provided by Kensington Books via Netgalley with no ...more
Nicole Aquilina
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
You Fit the Pattern is a story about Julia Gooden, a crime reporter in Detroit, Michigan. Apparently, this book is the fourth in a series. I had no idea when I started reading it, but I promise, I had no issues at all falling into the story and quickly warming up to Julia’s character. She’s smart, sassy, and holds her own in a world surrounded by macho men.

Julia, with the help of the police, starts hunting a serial killer who is targeting women who happen to have a lot in common with herself. T
Calista Andrechek
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to NetGalley, Jane Haseldine and Kensington Books for the free e-book in exchange for an honest review.

Crime reporter Julia has finally finished the biggest story of her life, the story of the abduction and murder of her brother and how she solved the crime after almost thirty years. But that hasn’t stopped her from doing her job when there is a serial killer hunting female runners in the city. The runners are being snatched off the trail and slaughtered in abandon churches. Julia begi
Patricia Romero
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Julia Gooden Mystery

Julia is back! Crime writer Julia Gooden has finished her book on her brother's abduction and murder when he was a child. And she has helped put his killer behind bars. It's a good story, but her editor wants more emotion and Julia isn't sure she wants to do that.

She's not letting that get in the way of investigating other crimes. Someone is abducting women joggers and leaving them dead in empty churches with cryptic drawings in their hands. And all wearing the same dress.
Janie Hickok Siess
Detroit investigative crime reporter Julia Gooden is back in the fourth installment of author Jane Haseldine's series, You Fit the Pattern.

After solving her brother's murder thirty years after he disappeared, Julia has written a book about the case. But now a serial killer is on the loose in Detroit, targeting female runners. The killer abducts the women from their jogging trail, and then kills them and stages their bodies in abandoned churches.

When Julia's boyfriend, Detective Raymond Navarro
Amanda
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
While thus is the 4th book in a series I was able to pick this one up and read it without getting confused at all.

However, everything felt overly predictable to the point it was no longer entertaining and I was just having to wait until the author got to the point, After looking at some other reviews I am apparently the only one that feels this way and see that most people have enjoyed this book. I think a person that is newer to the thriller genre would enjoy this book but if you are a seasone
Tracy Cavanah
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Crime writer Julia Gooden has just completed the most important story of her life—a book about her beloved brother’s childhood abduction and how she found his killer after thirty years. But that hasn’t taken her focus off her day job—especially with what looks to be a serial killer terrorizing the city. Female runners are being snatched off jogging trails, then slaughtered in abandoned churches.

Thank you to net galley and the publisher for giving me the opportunity to read this book it was a gre
Alexia Cambaling
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review. Many thanks to NetGalley and Kensington Books!

In hindsight, I probably should have read the other books first and checked if this was part of a series. Yes, you can read this book as a standalone, but the character development and interactions may be best enjoyed in context. Still, I liked this enough and kept me entertained as I read. Julia Gooden is a reporter who writes about crime and is currently writing a book about her brother's tra
Kevin
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's been a while since a book kept me up all night, turning pages to see if I am right about the whodunnit and why-they-dunnit. Jane Haseldine's YOU FIT THE PATTERN definitely did that.

Creepy, chilling, creepy, terrifying, creepy, suspenseful . . . did I mention it was creepy?

A serial killer who uses a mix of voodoo, maybe a bit of hoodoo, Satanism, pagan rituals, and who knows what else has targeted investigative reporter Julia Gooden, and she and her boyfriend, Detroit PD Detective Ray Navarr
Kade Gulluscio
Apr 01, 2019 marked it as to-read
Thank to netgalley and the author/publisher for the Arc for my honest review.

Enjoyable read. My one and only complaint is that I find the whole premise of women nabbed while
Jogging overplayed. Silly, but it’s my truth.
Patty
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You Fit The Pattern by Jane Haseldine is the 4th book in the Julia Gooden Mystery series, and another great addition. Wow, this book is a roller coaster ride from start to finish. I really enjoyed this book/series and strongly recommend it for people who enjoy a good mystery/thriller. I also enjoyed the first three books in the series, The Last Time She Saw Him. Duplicity, and Worth Killing For. This book can be read as a stand alone, but you get a deeper understanding by reading the books in or ...more
Nicola Short
Mar 28, 2019 rated it liked it
A story about a serial killer that preys on young women. The murders revolve around small built women that go jogging. There are many twists and turns that keep you wanting to know where the author is going with the story.
Julia Golden, a local reporter, is the main character. She becomes more and more involved in the murder investigations when the killer contacts her directly. As the investigation progresses, it comes to light that the murdered women bare a remarkable resemblance to Julia.
Thank
Marj Ward
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!! Incredible writing by this Author. I have read all her books and loved them. This book grabbed hold of me and hung on tight until it was over. Julia Gooden (crime reporter) is also writing a book about her brother who was abducted and murdered when he was a child. She helped catch his killer who is now in prison. As well, a serial killer is abducting and murdering female joggers. His end game is to abduct and kill Julia. Julia and Detective Ray Navarro (Julia's boyfriend) and others track ...more
Gillian Nolan
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You Fit the Pattern by Jane Haseldine. Thanks @netgalley @kensingtonbooks @janehaseldineauthor for my ARC
Publication date is 26th March 2019
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
This is a 4th book in a series featuring crime reporter Julia Gooden. I have not read the others but I definitely will now. The books can be read standalone also.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Will this book had everything a good crime mystery should have. I read this in one sitting, it was amazing. A creepy serial
Maria
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it
I feel like this story was good and it was boring all at the same time. It was a rollercoaster of suspense and lagging and at times I skimmed over. The story was well written and I seriously thought I had it figured out and until I didn’t. The author kept me on my toes through out most of the book. I just felt some parts were a little too slow.
Liz
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It kept me hooked and on edge from the first chapter and I didn't feel confused even though I was jumping into an established series. A solid mystery book and will definitely be on the lookout for the other titles by this author.

I won a copy of this book via a Goodreads Giveaway.
Book Him Danno
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first in the Julia Gooden series that I have read. In fact I had no idea this one the first in a series which means this author has the ability to give readers everything they need without them becoming lost or wondering this if this book is part of a series or stand a lone novel. Which as a reader I find impressive.

You Fit The Pattern is a dark gritty story with characters who are real, flawed and strong. The Author pulls readers in from the first page having them wondering who will
Yisus Martens
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
This book is incredible.

description
Rebecca Minnock
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Detroit, MI. A woman is found murdered in an abandoned church with a voodoo mark left on her, and a clue. Except the clue isn't pointing to her killer, but his next victim. The Magic Man Killer is snatching single mothers out running in the early morning. His final goal? Julia Gooden, reporter at a local newspaper, who just so happens to be writing about the murdered woman.

This page turner kept me up past my bedtime because I had to know how it ended and if I had worked it out. I hadn't. Solid p
Bridget
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers of Crime, Thrillers, Mystery, Anyone
Author, Jane Haseldine, has added to her ‘Julia Gooden Mystery’ series with this book - “You Fit The Pattern”. I have not read the first three books in this series, ‘The Last Time She Saw Him’, ‘Duplicity’, and ‘Worth Killing For,’ so I didn’t really know what to expect here, however I needn’t have worried as I thought it was a fantastic read and I was so glad it had caught my attention!

I did not feel disadvantaged in any way not having read the other three books first as it was a perfectly fine
Aristotle
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jane Haseldine spins a good tale
Hunting a killer through the eyes of crime journalist Julia Gooden.
Author does a good job creating flawed, believable characters that readers will care about.
Best to start with book 1 to get a good feel for the personal lives of the characters.

No cameras? In the bar, the bookstore, in the parks, on the highway?
In today's world cameras are everywhere.
3 1/2 stars
Thomas Bruso
Dec 05, 2018 rated it liked it
“You Fit the Pattern,” Jane Haseldine’s fourth hardboiled mystery featuring hard-nosed Detroit reporter Julia Gooden, is entertaining but meanders from its usual high series standards.

A serial killer is targeting young female joggers in Mayberry State Park in the suburbs of Detroit, Michigan. In the opening chapter, single mother Heather Burns is out running her usual route when she encounters a stranger in the parking lot.

Heather notices the woman again while using the restroom. But things aren
Donna Hines
One of the best books I've read this year!
Jane has done it again with class, style, and a plot that dares to challenge every readers mind!
In this remarkable story Julia Gooden (crime writer) has just completed a book about her brother's childhood abduction and the killer she placed behind bars.
The too numerous to mention twists and turns will have you glancing over your shoulder because the women runners are being snatched up from jogging trails and killed in abandoned churches.
There's another c
Jessica
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks to the author for the free advanced copy in exchange for my honest review

I started the Julia Gooden series with book two (DUPLICITY) and I’ve been hooked ever since! What I love about this series is that we aren’t looking through the eyes of the investigators or the detectives, Julia is a reporter, so she doesn’t have the same restrictions as the police do.

With YOU FIT THE PATTERN, these gruesome killings are beginning to hit close to home. The women that are being killed have a striking
Jennie
Apr 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
You Fit the Pattern is book four in the Julia Gooden series. That being said I did not feel like a had to have read the previous three books in order to read and understand this one. There were moments where I wish I knew more because some things weren't explained but they were not crucial enough that I couldn't get what had happened in the past and how it effected the now.

This novel was a pretty good crime novel. Julia is a crime beat reporter in Detroit and there is a new killer that is dressi
  • The Perfect Alibi (Robin Lockwood #2)
  • The Orchid Mantis
  • We All Fall Down
  • I'll Be Watching You
  • Blood Orange
  • The Stranger Inside
  • They Won't Be Hurt
  • De vrouw die de honden eten gaf
  • The Instant Pot Keto Cookbook: 190 Simple, Healthy, Classic, and Everyday Recipes for Your Electric Pressure Cooker
  • The Churchgoer
  • Dressing on the Side (and Other Diet Myths Debunked): 11 Science-Based Ways to Eat More, Stress Less, and Feel Great about Your Body
  • Nothing Save the Bones Inside Her
  • The Whisper Man
  • I Invited Her In
  • Temper
  • Before I Disappear
  • All the Wrong Places
  • Such a Perfect Wife
Jane Haseldine writes the Julia Gooden mystery series for Kensington Publishing, including The Last Time She Saw Him, Duplicity, and Worth Killing For, which will be published in March 2018. Jane is a journalist, former crime reporter and also worked as a deputy director of communications for a governor. Jane lives in Southern California with her husband and two sons.

Julia Gooden Mystery (4 books)
  • The Last Time She Saw Him (Julia Gooden Mystery, #1)
  • Duplicity (Julia Gooden Mystery, #2)
  • Worth Killing For (Julia Gooden Mystery, #3)