Start by marking “أشياء غريبة يقولها الزبائن في متاجر الكتب 2” as Want to Read:
أشياء غريبة يقولها الزبائن في متاجر الكتب 2

أشياء غريبة يقولها الزبائن في متاجر الكتب 2

(Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops #2)

3.80  ·  Rating details ·  5,745 ratings  ·  1,046 reviews
إلى زبائن متاجر الكتب باعة الكتب
أمينات المكتبات عاشقات الكتب
المغرمات بجمعها
المثقفات واللواتي يحببن القراءة في السرير.
Paperback, 1st Edition, 149 pages
Published 2018 by دار كلمات للنشر والتوزيع (first published January 1st 2013)

Be the first to ask a question about أشياء غريبة يقولها الزبائن في متاجر الكتب 2

·  5,745 ratings  ·  1,046 reviews

Start your review of أشياء غريبة يقولها الزبائن في متاجر الكتب 2
Petra-X
Update 6. This is the nastiest 'customer' ever. Since we reopened in Oct. after Irma/Maria until mid-December I was giving away books. I thought it can't all be about money and with no electricity and a curfew, there is nothing to do. This lady, a rasta, I know, who used to read books on algorithms at bedtime (that's not all she did in bed, she has 11 children with her husband) came in and asked about the free books. She probably doesn't have much money for things like books, so I said help ...more
karen

what's this??

photo DSC00270_zps1e7ccd03.jpg

the last souvenir from my bookstore days!

photo DSC00268_zps2aaffbde.jpg

i mean, they cleaned it up a little; i am not one who says "sir," and i don't have the pub dates of books in my head at the ready like that, but still! it's like fame, only smaller!
Lily C
Okay, that's all of my tiny books completed!!
Now onto the actual full sized books haha
MischaS_
May 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, funny, english, pb
When I finished the first book, I had to start with this one. I'm not going to say which book is better because it's hard to compare. In this one Twilight has a company, the Fifty Shades. I'm still so angry about people who are damaging books and so...
For some reason, I think this book was sadder. Sometimes I had a strange feeling in my heart. Like I was really sorry for something those people said.
Again, I recommend to everyone to read this! :)
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ✺❂❤❣
Q: Not to mention the, quite frankly, amazingly awesome things children say such as the boy who told me that, when hes older, hes going to become a book ninja. I have no idea what a book ninja is, but I want to hire that kid.(c)
Q: I have a particular fondness for the person who asked if Anne Frank had written a sequel to her diary. The man laughed and said: You should have told her that she ghostwrote it! I think I might love that customer. (c)
Q:
CUSTOMER: I can see youve got books on World War
Sean Barrs The Ultra Vegan
I really couldnt wait very long after finishing the first one before diving into this. These books are so damn funny. This times theres great examples from other book sellers too.

Here are my personal favourites in this one:

"CUSTOMER (buying a copy of Gullivers Travels): Im thinking of going travelling, so I thought Id give this a read to give me ideas of places to go. He seems to have gone to some really crazy parts of the world!"

(Could you imagine hearing this? I would have wet myself with
Lori
Jan 25, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Deducting a star because it's a lot like the first one and by that I mean about a quarter are repeated from the first one. Like the first one this has many funnies (some of the same!), some not-funnies and a lot of headscratchers.
If a job past or present brought you in regular contact with people who ask stupid questions and behave rudely, I imagine this could be validating. Personally, I had a stint working with The Public that was enough to last me a lifetime or nine. I had to work very, very
Kat
May 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So after the hilarious Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops, bookseller Campbell has collected even more weirdness. And although this follow up is not nearly as hilarious as the first book - a few 'jokes' seem a bit far-fetched - there's still more than enough to snort-laugh about.

So here we go, shall we!

Customer: We're having a book burning at our religious group tonight. I need all your books on witchcraft.
Bookseller: .....
Customer: And we're expecting a discount. We're doing the world a
Exina
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor-funny
Like the first book, Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops, it was a quick and entertaining read.

The story in the prologue about a children book getting back to its original owner after forty years is really heartwarming.

Conversations with kids are cute and funny, and the rest also made me laugh many times.
The things customers say in bookshops are not only weird, but insulting, sometimes ridiculously dumb
CUSTOMER: You know, I go to this book club thing, but I really hate reading.
Hamad
Jun 09, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, 2018-reads
I rarely give 1 star ratings because I know authors put a lot of work to produce a book, I didn't feel that much effort was put into this! And the illustrations were so meh...

I mean it was just random things customers say in bookshops, and some things were not weird, I found most not funny at all. I think it was more like Weird things drunk customers say. I even felt there were some things that were said as a part of truth or dare. I used to play this with my colleagues in the hospital and we
Masoud Irannejad
مجموعه ای از مکالمات طنز و گاها روزمره ای که کتاب فروش ها با خریدارهاشون دارند

CUSTOMER: They should make vending machines for books. Then thered be no more need for bookshops, and you could have a really long holiday. Thatd be nice, wouldnt it?
گاج خیلی ساله بیرون فروشگاه شعبه خیابان انقلاب وندینگ ماشین گذاشته :)))

CUSTOMER: Do you have a copy of The Handmaids Tale?
BOOKSELLER: Im afraid we sold our copy of that this morning. I can order it in for you, though.
CUSTOMER: Cant you just print a copy
Louise Wilson
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this follow up book to Weird Things People Say In Bookshops we get the same type of comments that are plain stupid, jaw dropping and funny.

I enjoyed reading this book as muck as I did the first one. It's another quick read with some illustrations. It's hard to believe that people can be this stupid.
Tamara
Occupation: Bookseller

What You Think You Do: Sell books

What People Think You Do:

- Book-whisperer
CUSTOMER: Hello! Im searching for a book. Im not sure of the publishing house, but its really great and I just have to read it again.
BOOKSELLER: Sure. What was the title of the book?
CUSTOMER: Well, the thing is, I dont really remember
BOOKSELLER: OK, then how about the author? Maybe we can search for their work and find the one youre looking for?
CUSTOMER: I dont know his name.
BOOKSELLER: Right.
Martin
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humour
A remarkably easy to read collection of Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops as recorded by Jen Campbell and other booksellers.

Being a regular customer of bookshops I can easily imagine real life people saying these weird things.

I do know some people who can read but choose not to read books. And these non readers have been recorded most accurately.

I laughed at every page and when you read this collection I'm sure you will laugh too.
Umut Rados
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was fun to read these anecdotes. I had fun, but first one was definitely better :)
Marga
"CUSTOMER: Id like to buy this audiobook.

BOOKSELLER: Great.

CUSTOMER: Only, I dont really like this narrator.

BOOKSELLER: Oh.

CUSTOMER: Do you have a selection of narrator to choose from? Ideally, Id like Benedict Cumberbatch

I found some hilarious. Some are not though. Are some of these made up? Haha. People are weird.

This is my favorite. :DD

"CUSTOMER: Can you help me find a book, please?

BOOKSELLER: Sure, what are you in the mood for?

CUSTOMER: (leaning in very closely) I'm feeling very vulnerable
Sad Sunday (If I say it's bad, it's bad)
To: Orient, Caro M.
From: YouKnowWho
Subject: You were right and have the right to say "I said so"

So, as the Subject says, you were right. When you said I just had to try a different genre, I was quite skeptical. What is better than a awesome sword and sorcery fantasy book on a cold evening of autumn while you are snuggled in your warm bed? (I know, Geralt of Rivia in your bed would be better, but anyway...).
I tried a different genre and I liked it! Really, "More Weird Things Customers Say in
Susie
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
a pure joy, as to be expected. :)
Sandra
Apr 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny-shit, 2016
Well, some days I do feel like this too.
CUSTOMER: I really dont like the planet today can you recommend a book set far, far away?

Now we're talking bestsellers!
CUSTOMER (eagerly): I really liked Fifty Shades of Grey. (Pause) Do you have an illustrated version?

Even Goodreads Karen had a spot in it!
(Phone rings)
CUSTOMER: Hello. Im looking for a first edition of The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway.
BOOKSELLER: Im sorry, sir, but we dont stock secondhand or rare books.
CUSTOMER: I dont want a
Cintia
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
I really don't know what to say about all the stupid people recorded in this book, except that they made me laugh, and a A LOT. Because one thing is having a kid saying things like this:
- When I grow up, Im going to be a book ninja.
- Mummy have we gone back in time?! (upon entering a really old, antique bookstore)
- Suggesting the bookseller to protect the books in her basement with a trained dragon.

That's perfectly acceptable. Children are hilarious, and have the best, widest imagination.

But
Coreen  (AsThePlotThickens)
"BOY (reading titles of books on the shelf): My Family and Other Animals? Ha. Yes. I think my sister looks like a ferret.
HIS SISTER (shouting from the other side of the shop): I heard that! And you look like a diseased baboon!

I think this book was even better than the first one, though I've been hearing others say otherwise. The sequel to the Weird Things Customers Say in Bookstores just got even funnier. The quote at the top was my favorite it had me laughing out loud for seconds, as usual
Glitterbomb
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
CUSTOMER: Do you have Windows 7 for Dummies?
BOOKSELLER: Sorry, we're and antiquarian bookshop; nearly everything here predates computers.
CUSTOMER: Oh. Do you have any user guides for antiquarian computers? You know from, like, the olden days, when they had swords and stuff?
BOOKSELLER: .....

This little book was hysterical. I've always wanted to work in a bookshop or a library, because of, you know.. the books. But now? I want to work in a bookshop/ library so I can witness stuff like this!

Laima
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This second book of strange but true things people say in bookshops is just as hilarious as the first.
The author has included many more submissions from booksellers and librarians from around the world. Our very own Goodreader, Karen Brissette, submitted an entry which also appears in this edition.

This copy is from the U.K, so all of you goodreaders in the U.S. and Canada will have to wait a little while longer before this edition is released in North America. It really is very funny and worth
Katie
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one is not as hilarious as the first one, but overall, I enjoy every second of it :D
Rachel
MAN (looking at a giant map in the bookstore): When did they move New Zealand way down by Australia? Wasnt it in Europe before?
BOOKSELLER:

3.5 stars rounded up to 4.

Lol. How could I not include this quote. This was still so funny. Not quite as amazing as the first but still so worth the read and I can't get over how people in this world can be. But luckily for me, these comments were recorded and published to make others laugh. I hope there will be more of these! I'm definitely going to look
Andrew
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like so many of these books (witty observations of the world, and customers around us) as long as you trade there will be the potential for more material to come walking through your door way. And this really is the premise behind this book - however now the author and editor have expanded the remit to include libraries and other book emporiums. The result is proof that there is no monopoly on the strange and wonderful requests of customers.

To be honest it is really a continuation from the
Konstantin
First read: Two stars

Second read: Three stars

Still more unconvincing and less funny than the first part, but I sort of liked it more this time around. A couple of entries were really hilarious -- or shall I say, saddening. Not much of a difference in this one, though.
Veronika
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
This compilation was really fun to read. People are so weird :D
Cik Aini
After non-stop laugh reading Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops, I find the second installment still hilarious!

Nice dedication written inside: For bookshop customers, booksellers, librarians, bookworms, book-hoarders, bookworms and librocubicularists (those who like to read in bed). The last one feels like me, though.

I particularly like the dialogue between a young boy and a bookseller on a safeguarding dragon:

Young Boy: You should put a basement in your bookshop.
Bookseller: You think so?
Toby
Apr 29, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny, non-fiction
Jen Campbell is back with another collection of truly bizarre things that people say in bookshops. And this time I am in it! Page 73 for those of you who care. You may also find my former colleague Chloe in there a couple of times. Just pop in and I'll happily sign it for you. I got mine for free so you should really make sure you buy yours.

It's quite amazing the things that people say without thinking, without knowing what they are saying, without realising just how rude they are or in the case

• Sakız Sardunya
  • Η μύγα
  • ايلين
  • المغفلة
  • Os Livros Que Devoraram o Meu Pai
Jen Campbell is a bestselling author and award-winning poet. Her short story collection The Beginning of the World in the Middle of the Night is published by Two Roads, her children's picture books, Franklin's Flying Bookshop, Franklin and Luna go to the Moon, and Franklin and Luna and the Book of Fairy Tales are published by Thames & Hudson. Her poetry collection The Girl Aquarium is ...more

Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops (2 books)
  • Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops