Start by marking “City of Assassins (THE VIKING ASSASSIN SERIES Book 3)” as Want to Read:
City of Assassins (THE VIKING ASSASSIN SERIES Book 3)

City of Assassins

(The Viking Assassin #3)

IN THE VIKING REALM BRAVERY IS MET WITH BATTLE

Nora and Frederick travel five-hundred years back in time to Arres, a world before the Vikings undertaking a perilous journey through the heart of the City of Assassins to claim the assassin weapons. But dark forces and deadly creatures work against them and together they must outsmart their enemies and return to the Triangle.
Published December 12th 2018

To ask other readers questions about City of Assassins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about City of Assassins

Lana
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
City of Assassins is the third book in the Viking Assassin series and I must admit this has been my favourite book so far. I feel that Ms. Cook has gone from strength to strength with the writing of each book in this series. Finally Nora, Frederick and Mina arrive at the City of Vikings and Nora gets to meet her long lost father but she also gets to know certain things which turn out to be more than she had ever bargained for. Part two of the book I found to be extremely exciting, the world buil ...more
Saundra Wright
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this episode of the Viking series by Farah Cook there is a bit less action, but a very satisfying wrap up for the other books. The adventure expands through yet unseen worlds and introduces new characters.

Against all odds Nora, Frederick and Mina made it to the City of the Vikings, but Nora’s reunion with her father isn’t at all what she imagined. To start with she got to meet her sister, a sister she knew nothing about, a sister that was raised by their father, while she had spent her life
Kelly
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nora and Fredrick travel 500 years in the past so they can claim the weapons. Well-written, fast-paced story that will keep you on edge.

Mary T
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of this book and I am very glad to have read it. It is a terrific conclusion to a great series. Nora and Fredrick have their hands full in this one.
Ron
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have really enjoyed this series and it has gone from strength to strength. Very strong characters and exciting story lines. The interaction between Nora and Frederick is well written and very believable. I've always enjoyed novels that involve Norse mythology. I would definitely recommend this book and the series.
Jackie
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful book in this fantastic series. Nora and Frederick travel back five hundred years. Intriguing and shouldn’t be missed once it’s released.
Nicole
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this novel from Ms. Cook as an ARC. Thank you!
This novel was a great read! The novel begins with Nora and Frederick in the City of Vikings. There Nora meets her father, the ruler of the city and her half-sister. Nora wants to gather the weapons and return to the Triangle. She wants to know why her father abandoned her and her mother. Her father reveals to her several things she did not know, and it changes her. Nora will have to fight her sister to get into the City of Assassins.
The
Theresa
Feb 27, 2019 rated it liked it
This story started with my tears for Nora at the way her father treated her. The loss of her dreams. The worry for her friends. And the stupidly of it all.

Everything Nora thought she knew and wanted and turned upside down. She has found her father but he’s not what she expected. And she certainly didn’t expect the other changes in her family. Then, just as she finds him, he’s gone and she’s back on another trip through a nightmare wonderland.

I do like how the changing of POV are labeled by chapt
Carol Morgan
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Was this book the wait , too right it was & more . Surviving to find the city of the city of Vikings is the only the first hurdle , Nora , Frederick & Mina are split into their own factions & then there was the fact that not only was Nora's dad alive & well he had another daughter that he'd brought up all her life not abandoned like he did Nora & there was definitely no sign of sibling love , quite the opposite . This book ties up all the loose ends in the first two books but ...more
Elda
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Breathtaking!

Grabbed me from the start and wouldn’t let me go. This is Written very well in a unique way, although mostly through the eyes of Nora, and partly through the eyes of Frederick but very emotionally. Nora traveled to the City of Vikings to meet her dad and expected him to welcome her with open arms but finds something entirely different. The world building is fantastic in this book. This is a world of the ancient Vikings customs and Norse mythology. The action is breathtaking. Nora mu
The Mysterious Reader
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Farah Cook’s City of Assassins, fifth in her The Viking Assassin series, is simply superb. This series is getting ever more complex while still being filled with grip-your-sears thrilling action and adventure. It’s frankly a well written batch of pure fun to follow along this time as Nora and Fredrick travel in time to claim the assassin weapons, there will be loads of adventure, battles and thrills, and they’ll learns a lot about themselves as we readers enjoy the ride. But for the fact that I’ ...more
Mandy Stump
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lady The Owls
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have waited for this last book for along time and have not been disappointed. Mystical and dangerous adventure does not stop but continues on with the next step within the story.
Nora fights the spells and wickedness that abound in the story and she is awesome. Never disappointing you. Fredrick is so in love with Nora and will follow her even if he does not agree with some of her decisions. Both of them the love blossoms and stays in full bloom. What a wonderful Norse tale.
Crystal
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nora and Frederick are at it again. This time they have to head 500 years into the past to get the weapons they have been searching for. But at what price?? I have loved this story since the very beginning and this was a great book. Fast paced and emotionally charged.
Dana
Jan 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked most of the book, but the ending was very abrupt and I still don't really understand what happened. It just left me with questions - like what now? Is there another book because it didn't seem like a good ending.
Marla
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Story

I enjoyed this book as much as the others in this series. I hope there's at least one more that's more of a peaceful read! Nora and Frederick have been through a lot. I hope to find out more about Frederick and what his true heritage is. Nora needs a vacation!
Barbara Goulding
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Final book in series

I enjoyed following Nora's journey through
each book and the final conclusion was
ad I hoped it would be. Great series if you
love a Dystopian type story
Karen Turner
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So enjoyable to read. Will have to read more from Farah Cook.
Ya'Akov Yehudi
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
I didn't enjoy this book.
Michelle Jenkins
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Last one

I feel like the writing was creative but confusing too. And I know it had to come to an end but it seemed so abrupt.
Elizabeth Rodriguez
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow

So much betrayal and heart ache so much friendship and death but can’t wait to read the next book alway got me on edge
Beverly Coplen
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
City of Assassins

I liked this story but it seemed so repetitive in May areas since it was written from both Nora's view and Frederick 's view.
John Piper
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
I really enjoyed this book! Great characters, writing, dialog, action, and storyline! Farah is a good author! I definitely recommend checking this series out!
Denise Campbell
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review to come.
Kanyon
As we dive into this third book, we know there’s going to be big revelations and lots of twists. This book was that and so much more. Nora and Frederick travel back in time to claim the assassin weapons. What they encounter is danger and adventure. Each chapter brings you ever closer to the edge of your seat while you wait to see what will happen next. I can’t get enough of Nora’s story and the love she and Frederick share in a crumbling and dark world. I highly recommend this series!

City of Ass
Jan 26, 2019
Raymond
Mar 02, 2019
Hello Goodreaders.

You can sign up for my newsletter to hear the latest news about my upcoming books:

www.farahcook.com

Here's my official bio:

"Farah Cook was born in Denmark, in the land of the Vikings. She grew up in Copenhagen, and had a rich and highly imaginary childhood spending most of her time outdoors. At the age of twelve, she began writing several short stories to

The Viking Assassin (3 books)
  • City of Skies
  • City of Vikings (The Viking Assassin, #2)