Start by marking “Bella Toscana” as Want to Read:
Bella Toscana

Bella Toscana

An explosive yearning that can't be denied
Disturbing visions from an ancient past
A mysterious stranger that somehow feels familiar

Published November 4th 2018 by Words of Passion, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Bella Toscana, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bella Toscana

Start your review of Bella Toscana
Shalini
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this book if you believe in the eternity of the soul and power of love

Read this book if you love the flow of the words beating to the strange rhythm of the era past

Read this book if you believe in the past lives and strength of the soul

Read this book if your mind is open to the ancient mysteries of this earth

Read this book if you want your heart to move to the dance of nature

Read this book if you believe in soul mates...

Toscana, on the night of her 50th birthday had a vivid dream of being
Cathy Ryan
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5*
Toscana Blake has an organised, if not perfect, life. She’s content in her marriage to Jackson. Acknowledging the fact it may not be a passionate union, Toscana feels a deep affection for her husband and appreciates the life they have. The only stumbling block is the future of Dolcielo, her bakery business. Much is riding on her visit to the Chocolate Festival in Rome and whether it can open doors for her and her delicious sounding chocolate brownies. Regardless of that, she’s looking forwar
Susan Haught
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have a huge soft spot for Italy, especially the Tuscany region, and when this book was mentioned in a FB group, I immediately grabbed a copy though I've not read any previous work by the author. I don't do plot summaries--you can read the description for that.

Ms. Littlestone didn't disappoint. She's created a beautiful story of self-discovery in a contemporary setting, but rich with details of ancient Italy, stunning landscapes, and the cuisine and culture of an amazing country and its people
Jill Anderson
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a very interesting novel about following your heart. It gave me a great glimpse into beautiful Italy, the world of chocolate (yum!), and a woman (Toscana) who searches for answers to the surprising dreams she has and stumbles upon a love she never expected.
Jane
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Set against the backdrop of Italy, the novel follows the life of Toscana Blake, who embarks on a whirlwind journey soon after celebrating her fiftieth birthday.

Toscana is a baker and owns a store called Dolcielo. Her recipes are culled from her Italian roots, and her Dolcielo brownies are a hit. She’s also hoping to expand her business. Toscana and her husband, Jackson have been planning to visit Italy. Toscana is looking forward to the Chocolate Festival in Rome; she’s made her famous brownies
Amy
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bella Toscana is a fabulous read. I was quite surprised at how great this book was. It has everything I love in a story: beautiful setting, adventure, and love. I was not sure how it would all end until the last page. It is not one I found to be predictable.
I am giving Bella Toscana a very well deserved five plus stars. I highly recommend it. It should not be one to be missed. I look forward to more by this author in the future.
I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my ow
Desiree
Jul 27, 2019 rated it liked it
A well written book about an American woman with Italian roots who makes brownies and owns her own shop / company "Dolcielo".
She visits a chocolate fair in Rome to try to expand her business interests to Europe . Once she has arrived in Rome she gets visions about a Vestal Virgin and she meets an American history professor.

I liked the setting in Rome and Tuscany in particular around Cortona (is it really a coincidence that the book is called Bella Toscana or is it a reference to Francis Mayes Be
Shoshana
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just wow! The words in the Prologue, "I loved him before I knew him" stopped me in my tracks and I couldn't breathe. I have said these words, I have felt the synchronicity of life, looking for signs, interpreting each moment as my destiny and to be honest, your book both challenged and enthralled me. It reminded me of Symphony No. 5 in C Minor by Beethoven which opens with perhaps the four most famous chords of all time - the famous "da da da duuum". Similar to Bella Toscana, could this rep ...more
Mystica
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am a sucker for covers and this one just drew me in. The other attraction was the setting and background. Chocolate, baking, and to top it all Tuscany. Could one ask for more. You then add in doses of romance a bit of time travel and you have a lovely story.

Toscana is the owner of a shop selling brownies. Not just brownies. These seem to be artisanal brownies. With an Italian heritage and going to Tuscany after decades she decides to try her hand at the export business of bringing brownies to
Denise
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
BOOK REVIEW: Bella Toscana

Author, Nanette Littlestone, has created a story to be treasured in the writing of, Bella Toscana.
A captivating narrative that has left an imprint on my heart.

A pleasant, intriguing and heartfelt story that will have you wrapped up in the beauty of love and life itself, of the Italian Countryside- it's language of love, the food of the Gods, and its rich, historical moments of the past.

A personal journey for our protagonist, Toscana, as she struggles with the love she
Tracy M
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
My summer reading plans were derailed almost immediately by this gem! I had a plan for the next few books I was going to read. Finish The Gentleman In Moscow and then move on to the 4 other books I mentioned in my last blog post.
And then Netgalley sent me a free ebook, Bella Toscana by Nanette Littlestone.

I did only a cursory look at the description; a woman who just turned 50 finds love in Tuscany. What's not to love about that? And, since I am leaving for Italy in a few weeks, I had to give it
Leonie Stanley
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
A few pages into this book, I had apprehensions. Normally I don’t read books about reincarnation and when the book followed that theme of writing, I considered putting the book down and walking away. However, I continued reading and I can report that I am happy I did.

Toscana woke on the 50th birthday from such a vivid dream that she was plagued by it. During her trip to Italy these dreams and visions increased to the point that she believed she has gone crazy. A history professor, Flynn research
Happy Booker
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bella Toscana is a contemporary novel written about a woman who decides to take a trip to the beautiful land of Italy. As a married woman, she meets professor Flynn, and that is when she begins to question everything about her self and her feelings.

Toscana’s passion is cooking. Her business is failing, and she needs to do something to change the tables around favoring her situation.

The picturesque descriptive nature of the literature takes you away to Tuscany and Rome. The author portrays an em
Dwain Herndon
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In Nanette Littlestone's new novel the lead character has a well ordered life with a dependable and successful, but something is missing. Is it just a mid-life crisis or something buried in her subconscious that happened in the past. Toscana is sure that a planned trip to Italy with her husband will bring her out of the dumps.

The transformation of Toscana begins when work keeps her husband at home and she is forced to make the trip alone. There she meets a stranger who could change her life fore
Savannah
On the night of her fiftieth birthday, the comfortable ride of Toscana's life takes an alarming plunge. Haunted by seductive visions, she tries to push aside the desire and focus on the husband who adores her. Then she falls for Flynn, a younger man with an eye for adventure and a heart full of romance, who leaves her doubting everything she's believed about love and passion.

In Atlanta, Rome, and the lush scenery of Tuscany, Toscana searches for answers to the mysteries of her life while she fac
Cheryl
Jun 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It Bella Toscana is set alternately in Rome and Atlanta. The descriptions of the sights in Rome and Tuscany were right on. I could really “see” the different places. There was also a lot of information about the Vestal Virgins of ancient Roman religion. All that historical information was also spot on.

The story is centered on Toscana Blake, a baker from Atlanta with Italian roots. She loves chocolate and Italy, which makes her a kindred spirit. Toscana goes to Rome f
Mary Hart
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it

Great Story, some elements of time slip but I really enjoyed an older heroine realising that she'd taken the safe options and in her 50s found some real romance. Toscana was an independant person running her own brownie business who had relatives in Tuscany. We learn about her parents, her aunt and her friends. It wasn't an immediate HEA which confused me a bit as by that time I was deep in reading the epilogue but all turns out well in the end. Interesting take on the counselling metho
Victoria
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is an absolute delight. Saying that this book is a taste of Italy, would be an enormous understatement. Nanette Littlestone has done not only a masterful job recreating fond memories of beautiful Italian destinations, but,well beyond the place and setting, she brings glorious tastes and textures of the table to us. The experience she brings to food is beyond just the familiar and comfortable, food is an integral character in this book.
Bella Toscana delivers a glorious setting, fully-f
Reena G
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bella Toscana is an absolutely beautiful book which I enjoyed reading. Its my first book by this author and won’t be the last one. The description of food and Italian cuisine along with the stunning description of nature takes you right away to Tuscany. It has everything that one likes to read, beautiful writing, good characterization and the surroundings which have been well put together throughout. An awesome story about the power of love. Thanks Nanette for your giveaway which I thoroughly en ...more
Carmen
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Toscana Blake comes across as one of those upright characters and who could seem rigid, who rationalized things at times; though she could also be quite sensual in regards to the environment and food. It was also wonderful to see her brownie business pick up a little bit near the end of the book. I got a copy in exchange for an honest review.
ChillwithabookAWARD With
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bella Toscana has received a Chill with a Book Readers' Premier Award.
www.chillwithabook.com

I LOVED this book, it was a fabulous read, The Italian theme, the food so well described you could almost taste it, the history, the love story, the epilogue was a perfect end and I cried.

Pauline Barclay - Founder of Chill Awards.
Phyllis Bernstein
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The main character was so well written! I felt her emotions throughout the story. A beautifully written book about a woman’s self-discovery at age 50. Wonderful to read about a character that age who can change her whole mindset. I was able to picture the beautiful scenery through the author’s vivid descriptions and the food descriptions made me salivate!
Pat Fayo
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Visiting and exploring Italy is on my bucket list.. Reading this book, the descriptions of the scenery, the people, the language.... the love, I felt as if I was there. This is not normally a book I would pick up to read. I would rather not read about the plot of a married woman in a romance with another man. But I do think Bella should be true to herself.... if it is meant to be, so be it!
Kristi
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A love story set in the beautiful setting of Italy. There's romance, adventure, and chocolate! Wonderful characters you can't help but love and a story line that pulls you in and holds your attention until you read the last word. Highly recommend.

Jeanne Richardson
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book I've read written by Nanette Littlestone; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

Annette
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding book!

I couldn’t put this book down. It is the perfect combination of history, romance, beautiful scenery and emotional turmoil to keep the reader wanting to find out “what’s next”.
Each and every character is worked out very well and believable. Toscana will stay with me for a long time.
Sharon Friedman
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The past and present merge in this beautifully written novel as Toscana must decide which to follow: her head or heart. Romance, the beauty of Tuscany, and perfectly drawn characters make Bella Toscana an enticing read.
Kristin
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful story with incredibly descriptive visuals, I often felt like I was there in person. A stunningly beautiful story of love and life and uncertainty. Worth every moment I spent reading this this.
Pat
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wonderfully written storyline with characters that were so well defined that I was totally captivated as each and every page was turned! This was the first book that I have read from this author and it definitely will not be the last!
Toni
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well written novel intertwining passion and culture from the past with the present to entice any adventure seeking foodie.

• Feels Like Falling
  • If You Must Know (Potomac Point, #1)
  • Sunrise on Half Moon Bay
  • Whispered Prayers of a Girl
  • Tangled in Ivy
  • Summer Darlings
  • Hook Shot (Hoops #3)
  • Barefoot Season (Blackberry Island, #1)
  • Mrs. Morris and the Witch (A Salem B&B Mystery, #2)
Nanette is a best-selling author, editor, and publisher with Words of Passion, creating books that inspire and uplift. Nanette never knew she wanted to be a writer until she was over 40. But once she began, the ideas didn’t stop. In her novels she loves to explore relationships and is unceasingly curious about why people do what they do. The themes of her stories focus on love (what we always stri ...more

News & Interviews