Start by marking “Keeper of the Pages (Written Realms #1)” as Want to Read:
Keeper of the Pages (Written Realms #1)

Keeper of the Pages

(Written Realms #1)

Imagine a world where every book is magical and every word holds power. Stories create their own Realms, places in which the characters live out their roles.

Avi is a Keeper, a designated enforcer, assigned by the Literary Guild to protect the Real world from the characters who might escape. When a talking housecat shows up in her shop one night, everything changes. Not
Published September 20th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Keeper of the Pages, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keeper of the Pages

Start your review of Keeper of the Pages (Written Realms #1)
Runningrabbit
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
KU

An imaginative piece of writing managing to leave this vesion of book boyfriens to stand apart. A food story to leave you a little hanging and to look forward to book two.
Anne
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The most unique of them all yet

At first, reverse harem sounded so good to me because it means multiple love interests. But due to the ever-growing amount of rh releases from the past couple of years till now, it also meant that the variety of subgenres under it would also grow. Basically every other sub genre I could think of, reverse harem can provide.

Yet, the originality and creativity of this particular read flooded me. I was just swept off my feet and I don't even know how to contain my
Phoenix
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sweet-hero
Adorable

I really loved this book! I mean, who wouldn't want their book boyfriends to come to life! It was pretty light. Definitely worth a read.
Anna
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such an interesting concept for a series that I think we can all relate to. How many of us have book boyfriends? How many of us wish we could spend time with them in real life? I mean, not necessarily forever but if you could meet them for even five minutes, would you pass that up?

The first book in the series was previously called Between the Pages and is now Keeper of the Pages. In it we are introduced to Avi. She's a Keeper. Basically she lives in a bookstore and keeps the characters
Myriam
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: serena-lindahl
This was a very fun, entertaining, fast paced story, and I loved it. I loved how the author brought imaginary characters to the real world and made them real as well. I love the whole concept of the keepers, bards, druids, realms and book stores. And I love this author.
Savitri, or Avi, the Keeper, is the main character. She is strong, determined, intelligent, and compassionate. And she has super powers. There are some interesting male characters in the story as well, namely Ramsay, Devlin and
Heather Gilbert
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Literary magic

This is literary magic, quite literally - the paranormal world is run by those that wield the pens, and it’s glorious. As an avid reader and self conscious author, the notion that realms rise and fall by the purview of the creative is enticing, and giggle inducing. This is a fun ride, albeit a little bit silly.

First person, single POV, Cliffhanger, Slow burn RH, PNR.
MMMF
Rating = upper YA
Character age range = 30+

Pros:
- Inventive!
- Love The characters
- Book boyfriend.... who hasn’t
Heather
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Imagine your book boyfriends coming to life

This was a feel good almost fluffy type book. Can you imagine if your book boyfriends came to life? So books are written by bards and each book makes up a realm, now imagine the magic going wonky and your book boyfriends appearing before you. Throw in the villains in their books, plus the big bad, hidden identities, and a corrupt organization and you have this enjoyable fun feel good read
Amber
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What happens when the book boyfriends you have been pining after all these years suddenly pop into your real life? Would you be able to send them back where they belong?

Serena weaves a wonderful world where librarians are heroes designated to keep book characters where they belong, in their own realms. This book stirred the dreams of my bookworm soul, and made me pine for my own book boyfriends to pop out of their book. Unfortunately for me I don’t live in this book!
Nawnee
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A unique to me fictional world

The premise for this story interested me right away and I'm glad it has such a great description it gives away just enough to be interesting. I haven't read anything else by this author but I definitely plan to now. I don't want to spoiler the book for anyone so I will just say the description explains the book well enough. The characters are great, and I enjoyed how it was written enough to want more.
Miranda Horton
Oct 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Inkheart meets Grimm

This rotary runs along the lines of Inkheart, meeting with Grimm tales. Its interesting perspective, and an enjoyable one. You are totally left off at an odd place. Not a cliffhanger persay, because the immediate danger is handled. It just ends. Kinda odd. Doesnt distract from the story though. Also, the sexual tension is so thick, I'm ready for some steam already, it's taking too long. Lol
I really enjoyed the originality and fun of this first book of the series! The magic is so interesting, while embedded in the real world, and the characters strongly hold their own. Lots of intrigue, humour, heat, and action to keep you glued to the story! Fabulous start to the series - looking forward to the next one!
Aimee
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book! I've had a similar idea with fictional characters becoming real over the years so the concept of this story intrigued me and it did not disappoint! I love the World, the characters, even the plot! This book kept me sucked in during the whole read! I am very excited to read more of this series!
T.
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great characters and interesting world-building, but a slow pace with little plot progression. Ended somewhat abruptly…more like unfinished than an actual cliffhanger (a lack of suspense or tension). My 4.5 is rounded up due to potential. I'd probably read on, but after the whole series is out so I can avoid those choppy endings.
Kayla
I've been in a book funk lately but this book was a nice and lighthearted read. The concept is original and interesting, something different than what I usually read so it was a nice change! The only thing that bothered me was the abrupt end, it didn't end in a cliffhanger but it just abruptly stopped and continued onto the second book. Other than that, I enjoyed it and will continue the series.
Mary
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am going to read the book 2 just saying it now. Avi is not a women who is going to let others handle her problems. She's strong and has power. Ward is not what she expected. Devlin and Ramsay have more to them then what she has read from their story's. All around this was a great book. I am excited to see what happens next.
Angel
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny, Original, Sweet Story

Between the Pages is a great story that quickly snagged my attention. It kept me engaged and entertained. The world and characters are unique and well-written, making the story hard to put down. I very much enjoyed this series starter and am anxiously awaiting the next book. I highly recommend Between the Pages!
Margaux Espinosa
Fantastic

This is one fantastic book!! Who doesn't want their book Boyfriends to come to life, or have magic, or both?! Seriously freaking fantastic book, the world building was amazingly done, the characters are absolutely awesome and the story arc is full of action, adventure, magic, humor, sexy men and sexual tension in abundance! I highly recommend
Jenn
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome story!

I really enjoyed the story of a simple ‘keeper’ and her hidden magical talents. Who can say they can actually meet their favorite book boyfriends in the flesh and keep them? The storyline was such an interesting idea; I can’t wait to see who the evil queen is, what the birthright is and when she finally can’t keep her hands off her tiger,
Pirate and nerdy Bard.
Natalie panda eyes
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice. Short but packs a punch. Two book boyfriends out of their books and one with secrets of his own. I liked the plot and the execution. I think the MC was a little too insecure about her body. Cuts off quite abruptly at the end. Don’t have a favourite yet but I liked the realism of the story and the genuine exploration of reverse harem. Looking forward to reading the next one.
lori
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Slow delicious burn

Very well written. Setting up the steam and letting the characters develop a working relationship. I didn't feel this was a building book as the characters got to know one another as they were solving the objective problem.
Britan
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: why-choose, fantasy
Good book

This book was so much fun. I loved the idea of books having their own dimension were the story plays out every time they are read. This ended on a cliffhanger wasn't too bad but I Can't wait to see how the rest of the series plays out.
Lexie Winston
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anyone who has ever had a crush on a book boyfriend needs to read this. It is so so good. A fantasy come true. A fantastic storyline woven with great characters and an original and new idea. Can't wait for book 2 and highly recommended.
Izzy  Hix
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unique and magical

Imagine a world where every story existed on repeat each time it was read. Imagine then that those character could come alive in real life. This storyline is super interesting and keeps you reading. Can’t wait for book 2.
Avid Reader
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

A lot of time and attention spent on the plot. The romance was weaves into but wasn’t the sole focus. I loved the theme. It’s so true to book lovers how a good book comes to life. I really enjoyed this book and can’t wait for the next one.
ana
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New favorite!!!!!!!

I have to quick go download some more books by this author because she has some serious talent! A bit like Illona Andrews, one of my all time faves, but with 3 guys instead of 1. The world building is so unique. I simply cannot wait for the next installment.
samantha young
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Omg

Amazing. slow paced but amazing very well written. Can't wait to continue with book 2. Usually prefer medium burn but this slow burn book is amazing.
Becky
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. The whole concept was so fun
Cassandra
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ever wondered what it would be like if your favourite book characters came to life? Well here’s the book for you! Now spread your sheets (of Between the Pages) and get reading ;)
Jaded Kitty Kimiko
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I dig it

Good characters. Relatable star of the show. People in the Real do suck, she isn't wrong. I was hoping to see more of the curious bespectacled cat though.
josie
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a cool concept!

I'm so fascinated and excited right now. This is such a cool world. I seriously cannot wait to see what happens next!

• Bounty Hunters and Black Magic (Witch of the Wild West, #1)
  • Second Blood (Lovin' the Coven #2)
  • Fate's Fools (Fate’s Fools, #1)
  • Bound by Magic (Magic Awakened #1)
  • Written (The Librarian's Coven #1)
  • Restless Spirit (Hell Hounds Harem, #1)
  • Greed (The Damning, #1)
  • Good Deeds
  • Origins (The Grimm Cases, #1)
  • Third Charm (Lovin' the Coven #3)
  • Freak Show (Harem of Freaks #1)
  • Eight Souls (The Caelum Academy Trilogy #2)
  • Fool’s Folly (Fate’s Fools, #2)
  • Fourth Rite (Lovin' the Coven #4)
  • First Moon (Lovin' the Coven #1)
  • The Darkness We Crave (Together We Fall, #1)
  • Stained Egos (Salsang Chronicles, #1)
  • Welcome to Summerland (Summerland #1)

Written Realms (2 books)
  • Between the Realms (Written Realms #2)