Start by marking “Drakon's Tear (Blood of the Drakon, #6)” as Want to Read:
Drakon's Tear (Blood of the Drakon, #6)

Drakon's Tear

(Blood of the Drakon #6)

Published November 26th 2018 by Entangled Publishing. LLC (Amara)

To ask other readers questions about Drakon's Tear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drakon's Tear

Claire Robinson
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 - "What do you know about dragons..?" Stars!

Another addition to the hugely enjoyable Blood of the Drakon series. Abigail Owens featured in book five in that she was Constance’s sister. But Drakon's Tear is her all on her own.

This time she was going to save herself…

Now away from the bright lights of Vegas, Abigail is traveling around the world taking pictures and trying to decide what to do with her life. A musty little antique shop in Moscow opens her up to a whole world of adventure when
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Drakon’s Tear is book six in the Blood of the Drakon series by N.J. Walters

This was another enjoyable edition to the Blood of the Drakon series. Here we get Constance’s sister Abigail.

Each story added a little more detail, adventure and questions that you can’t help but wonder the answers too. The series and stories are all insta mate/love stories. They are also predictable, but still good. Sometimes predictable is enjoyable.

The author did add a new element in this story with the Ice Drakon an
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
I was glad to find out The Blood of the Drakon series didn’t end with the last Varkas brother and actually continued in Drakon Unchained. I loved that NJ Waters was introducing more Drakons and that their world was slowly expanding, bringing in new characters and new allies.

Each story added more detail, more adventure and of course more questions that you can’t help but wonder at the answer to.

This latest addition focuses on Abigail and Vasili. After her kidnapping and torture at the hands of t
Bookgasms Book Blog
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
Good lord, I couldn’t read Drakon’s Tear fast enough this weekend to figure out just what was going to happen between Vasili and Abigail!

Abigail is trying to run from her past. . . err . . . put her past behind her. She’s wanting to explore the world, away from the concerned, prying eyes of her sister, Constance and Constance’s mate, Nic. Her travels have taken her to Moscow, where she discovers a beautiful bracelet—not knowing it’s a drakon tear, and one that’s been charmed with black magic.

By
Quirkybookworm
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
I'd like to say on here for the record that the cover is deceiving. Why? As I was reading, I thought to myself, this isn't one of those trashy romance books. This novel consists of fantasy, suspense, action, and mythology. Kinda like Sherrilyn Kenyon's and J.R. Ward's but without a lot of sex scenes. So, it deserves a better cover, but that's just me.

This novel really draws you in at the very beginning. I was hooked and could not put the book down until a little over 2 hours later. I appreciate
Shahla's World
Dec 11, 2018 rated it liked it
I’d not read the previous books in the series, but this one worked well as a standalone. The book was fast faced and exciting and the relationship between Abigail and Vasili absorbing. Vasili is the perfect hero, strong, intelligent and totally protective of Abigail. Abigail is slightly vulnerable, after her experience of being tortured but strong in her own way and resilient. Vasili’s dragon is quite miffed by how she thinks to push him away to protect him!
A totally enjoyable book!
Maria11
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read. Kind of predictable but the writing is so good you don’t mind. Ms Walters’ stories are most always unique and keep you interested. Vasili was very unique compared to the other Drakons. He also was uber alpha even more than Nic. He seemed more up on the magic and spells. He left the others in the dark.

Good read. Received a copy from the publisher through NetGalley.
Olivia Farr
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Drakon's Tear" was a fast-paced and steamy romance/fantasy. Abigail, Constance's sister, is traveling Europe after the events of the past, which included her kidnapping by the Knights and her sister mating with Nic. Abigail is afraid of encountering the Knights again and is watching her back at every turn. The Knights, for people who are new to the series (and this can be read as a stand-alone), are a group of evil businessmen who capture drakons (the semi-immortal sons of dragons) to drink the ...more
Eva Millien
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The newest book in the Blood of the Drakon series is an explosive adventure and rockin’ romance. Abigail and Vasili are two very strong and bold characters that have fiery chemistry and insists that readers join them in fighting the enemy. The romance between these two is on the sweet side as Abigail and Vasili are two people who are a bit unsure of the other due to their pasts and not knowing who to trust, so the magnetism has to work a bit of overtime in order to ensure that this couple gets w ...more
Cassandra
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!! Yes, I got a review copy of this book, but no one tells me what to think, feel, or write about any book! I loved this book, so I bought it and already own the rest of the series!

The cover is awesome just like the others!

This is the 6th book in the series, and yes they can be read out of order though I suspect it is much better reading them in order. This is my 3rd book in this series
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
Yes! So loving where the story is taking us. Love meeting more Drakon's.

This is Abigail's story. We met her when her sister and Nic got together. She experienced her own trauma and in order to heal, head to Europe for awhile. She is gifted like her sister and that gets her into some trouble with the Knights and with an ancient Drakon.

Lots of action in this one. Vasili is unique and I loved how he took his time to get to know Abigail, sensing her trauma. Things went at her speed and that worked
Tracie R
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
A well written addition to the Blood of the Drakon, Drakon’s Tear was a fabulous read. Abigail and Vasili are great characters and their interaction and the storyline extremely engaging. This is definitely one I will be recommending this book and series.
Heather Hawley
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who is interested in a good romance with a little something extra on the side!
Dying isn’t an option. I’ve survived a kidnapping and now I’m on the run from the Knights of the Dragon who want my gift. I’m Abigail Owens and I can sense gemstones. There’s nothing a dragon loves more than treasure. But when I find a beautiful stone at a tiny shop in Moscow, I have no idea it’s a drakon tear, or that I’ve just put myself in the middle of a war between the Knights and a Drakon.

I guess I’m just lucky like that.

The only person I trust even a little is Vasili Zima, which is weird
Sandy Kelly
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is book 6 in the Blood of the Drakon series and you should read the books before this one as this one builds on the bigger story ARC set up in those. This one is about Abigail Owens, the sister who was kidnapped by the Knights in book 4, and Vasili Zima. Abigail had decided at the end of book 4 that she needed to get away and was going to do research on where she wanted to travel. This book starts by her traveling and heading to Moscow after believing she has been followed again. Once in Mo ...more
Carrie
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
These books are all unique and interesting in their own way and this one is no different. Rather than spending time with all the drakons we already know, we get to take a trip into Russia with Abigail, who we previously met. If you haven't read any of the previous books in this series, I would recommend starting from the beginning, but you can probably muddle through if you must.

Abigail is on a bit of a vacation. She's taking photos, exploring the world, and generally trying to get over her horr
Paula
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Drakon’s Tear by N.J. Walters is book six in the fast paced paranormal series, Blood of the Drakon. Abigail Owens is acquainted with the drakons, thanks to her sister mating with one. She also has a rare gift that the Knights of the Dragons will do anything to possess, which means they want her. If a new reader to the series there is enough background knowledge given for the reader to completely understand that the Knights are not good guys in any sense that the word “knight” implies. Still I ha ...more
D A
it didn't take me long to recall that our heroine, Abigail, is the sister from book 4 of the series. She's been traveling and exploring Europe for since the end of that book. We also soon meet Vasali, the hero, when her travels lead her to Russia and events draw the two together. Alas a new (to us) branch of that nasty evil group, Knights of the Dragon, have a hand in events and soon the tow are on the run unsure if they can trust each other or their instincts. There is steady action from the st ...more
Linda
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
After a traumatic experience of being captured and tortured by an evil group calling themselves the Knights of the Dragon bent of capturing drakons for their power, Abigail takes herself for a vacation travelling in Europe needing to feel independent after constantly relying on, and being taken care of by her elder sister, Constance.
When Abigail finds herself being called to by a powerful gem crafted into a bracelet, she unwittingly becomes a pawn of the Knights yet again, in trapping a drakon.
Nikki Brooks
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Abigail thinks that floating around the world will be the start of her usurping her independence. No more cowering in her sister and brother in laws shadow. She is an adult and wants to make her own place in the world, mistakes and all. She thinks she is soooo smart when she ditches the guards that she realised Nic set on her trail But no sooner than she ditched them and bad guys start popping up, determined to take her at all costs.

Abigail has a talent for gemology, she can tell at a glance if
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Drakon’s Tear by N.J. Walters is book 6 in the Blood of the Drakon Series. This is the story of Vasili Zima and Abigail Owens. I have read (and loved!) the previous book in this series but feel this can be a standalone book if you wish to do so. Abigail we met in the 'Drakon's Past' book, as the sister to Constance Owens...but again this can be a standalone book.
Abigail is getting away from the past and being kidnapped by the Knights of the Dragon. But her travels has put her in just as much da
Samantha
This is the second book in the series for me and 6th in the actual series. This one is about Abigail and Vasili. Hes been alone for thousands of years and has quite a few tricks up his sleeve. However nothing will prepare him for meeting Abigail. Shes unique in her own way. She has a special gift that lures her towards gemstones. She can also tell when they are real or fake....so for her Drakon tears are her drug.

There's danger, great love story, action and cant put down the book writing style.
Petula
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Abigail Owens is supposed to be enjoying a tour of Europe,  but instead she is convinced she is being followed.  She has always been sensitive to when danger is near,  but since she was kidnapped recently it causes panic attacks.  However her other gift is calling and she just can't resist it.
Vasili Zima is a Drakon minding his own business and looking for anything interesting in Moscow. The insistent pull he suddenly feels could prove to be big trouble.
There is a lot of danger and excitement
Dar
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up to 4. I hadn't read any of the other books in the series prior to this one, and had no problem following along with the story or the characters.

I really like the characters of Abigail and Vasili. Individually and together, they were good people, nice people, and decided to take a chance on the other. The side characters, good and bad, were well written as well, and pretty interesting overall. The story was good, with a good balance of action, emotion, and attraction. It was
Karen Roma
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Drakon’s Tear by N.J. Walters is a fabulous addition to the Blood of the Drakon series and the story of Vasili Zima and Abigail Owens (we met Abigail briefly in book 4). As with the previous books, Drakon’s Tear is a fast-paced, exciting and sensual read, with engaging characters and a well developed storyline, and while you could read this as a standalone, I highly recommend starting at the beginning to allow a full appreciation of the overall world building and the flow of the series. I thorou ...more
Sionna
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*

This book started off really good -- we have Abigail learning to be independent and even out maneuvering someone following her. Then there is Vasili who I thought would be more academically minded and would be more than just a powerful and dominating guy. I had such high hopes... until they met each other. After that first meeting the book went downhill for me.

They do the insta-love thing and a
Heather andrews
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Vasili doesn't like when others upset his woman, “you do not speak to Abigail in that tone,” Vasili interjected. He glared at the phone as though he wanted to smash it with his fist..." Vasili enjoys his woman's touch, "she started to reach out but then pulled her hand back. He caught it and brought it to his chest, desperate to feel the brush of her fingers against him. “Touch me.” I liked this book, I love Vasili.
TheKnightmareReads
Wonderful Series!

I am in love with this series. I am so sad to see it end. I will, however, enjoy getting some sleep. This is my favorite kind of series. Each book is a self contained love story with its own hea. The larger problem and conflict weaves through each book seamlessly. We get the gratification of seeing villains destroyed in each story. I still wonder about the leader of the Knights of the Dragon.....
Karen Church
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You won't shed a tear for having purchased this series.

Each book could stand alone and still be a great story. I had to read the rest of the series upon finishing the first book. Each part is as good as the first and hard to put down. Every character is unique and captivating. I will definitely be reading more of Ms. Walters books.
Questian
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-to-read
It is one of those books that you want to finish right away, but you also need to savor each word and each turn of events.

It so good that it made me smile as read the lines. Action packed and you will fall in love all over again. If there will be a next book in this series, i look forward to it.
Tammy
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the sixth book in the series and can be read as a stand-alone. Abigail is doing her best to start again after being kidnapped but feels someone his watching her. The only person she truly trusts is Vasili. The story is fast-paced with loads of drama and the chemistry is off the charts hot. I really liked this read and look forward to more in the series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Once upon a time N.J. had the idea that she would like to quit her job at the bookstore, sell everything she owned, leave her hometown, and write romance novels in a place where no one knew her. And she did. Two years later, she went back to the bookstore and her hometown and settled in for another seven years.

One day she gave notice at her job on a Friday morning. On Sunday afternoon, she receive

Blood of the Drakon (6 books)
  • Drakon's Promise (Blood of the Drakon, #1)
  • Drakon's Prey (Blood of the Drakon, #2)
  • Drakon's Plunder (Blood of the Drakon, #3)
  • Drakon's Past (Blood of the Drakon, #4)
  • Drakon Unchained (Blood of the Drakon, #5)