Start by marking “Keeping Secrets” as Want to Read:
Keeping Secrets

Keeping Secrets

(The Essien Series #1)

Have you ever loved someone and didn't even know it?

That's the dilemma facing Felix Essien when he wakes from a coma to find he is married to the most beautiful and sensual woman he's ever known. He cannot remember her or their wedding. He who had sworn never to get married or to give his heart to another. Yet he feels an intense bond with her that he intends to explore fu
Published November 1st 2018 by Love Africa Press (first published May 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Keeping Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keeping Secrets

Oluwakemi Babalola
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantastic
I consider myself quite privileged to be part of the team that saw the fruition of this book. Felix and Ebony's story is quite dear to a few select people and i'm sure they'll all agree that our babies have finally come of age with the release of this book. It's a story of coming full circle through betrayals, heartaches, pride, loss, manipulations and ultimately finding acceptance and forgiveness through love. Kiru expertly crafted a well plotted and cleverly woven story-line full of suspense a ...more
Nazarene Static
The Levels of irritation I felt reading this book were real. The full extent of my venting can be found here: my link text

So this book follows Felix and Ebony as they attempt to maneuver their fake relationship ( only one person remembers that it is not real) and make it a real one, they are faced with the obstacles of reality and truth. After waking up out of a coma, Felix faces a wife and a marriage he did not remember having. His wife Ebony, is excited at having the chance to make their paper
Tbird London
Dec 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Keeping Secrets is a short book, under 200 pages, full of twists and secrets that will keep the reader interested till the end. The author does a wonderful job at balancing current day with flashbacks, so the reader can follow along with the story and have the plot slowly unravel before your eyes. The problem with writing a review for this book stems from the fact I can’t give too much information or I will spoil the experience of the story.
Ebony is called back home to Nigeria and comes face to
Romance Novels in Color
Keeping Secrets is the first release in the “Essien Trilogy” by Kiru Taye, which kept me intrigued with the hero Felix Essien and the heroine Ebony Duru. Throughout the story hidden truths are exposed as the author takes the reader on a journey from the present to the past.

Ebony contemplated Felix’s reaction when he awakened from a coma since the night of their wedding. What she didn’t anticipate was for him to suffer from amnesia; Felix had no recollection of his new bride or what landed him in
Bethany-Kris
May 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Felix Essien and Ebony's marriage is nothing more than an arrangement on paper. Or at least, that's what it was supposed to be. No sex. No children. After the allotted time, they both go their separate ways having gained what they needed from the deal. Simple, right? Not really. After tragedy strikes the newly married couple, Felix is left without his memories, and Ebony can't help but take advantage of the new man who not only wants to share her bed, but her heart, too. Problem is, she's got se ...more
Felicia
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maaaaan! There were so many secrets floating around this story I lost count! Just when I thought "all had been revealed", someone shows up with MORE information! Whew!

On the night of his marriage to Ebony, Felix Essien is critically injured and lies in a coma for months. When he awakens, he has no memory of how he came to be hospitalized, and no memory of his wedding or his wife...or the conditions of their marriage. He can recall something about a marriage and his board giving him an ultimatum,
Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~
KEEPING SECRETS was an enjoyable feel-good read for me. It shows why some secrets should not be kept.

Felix and Ebony are married – on paper only that is. However, Felix doesn't know anymore that it is only a fake. Awakening from a coma he cannot remember what happened the last few months which includes him meeting and marrying Ebony. Suddenly he is literally laying the world to her feet – he wants to take care of her, adores and desires her and wants to be the best husband he can for her. Ebony
Nana Prah
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ll admit that I’m a huge fan of Kiru Taye’s work. And once again she did not disappoint as she left me intrigued throughout the book, up until the revelation of the last secret.

The amnesia added a nice twist. To be honest, there was so much drama (a good thing) in the story that if Felix had his full memory it would’ve still been great. Yet I liked that he couldn’t remember her and yet knew he loved her (there’s a secret with it that made me giddy). What I couldn’t understand was how he was a
My Secret Book Spot
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Keeping Secrets (The Essien Trilogy #1) by Kiru Taye

4 1/2 of 5 stars

When Felix awakens from a coma without his memory he finds he is married to Ebony, a beautiful woman that he cannot remember. Ebony, the beautiful woman who has sat at her husband's side while he was in a coma for weeks after their wedding night, hopes he will continue to forget just long enough to fall in love. When the couple leaves the hospital, Felix returns to what he assumes is their home and his life before the accident.
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent! This shows why keeping secrets is not a good idea. Ebony and Felix had kept secrets from each other that complicated their relationship. Even though they were attracted to each other they weren't sure if they could trust their love. Only when they were honest with each other could they resolve their differences.
I look forward to the next book in this trilogy. If it is as good as this one I know I will enjoy it!
*** I was given this book as a gift in exchange for my honest review. ***
Jeanette
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first read from Kiru Taye and I can say I really enjoyed it. I love her writing, the way she describes each character, how they feel or are thinking. This is a first of many, I really enjoyed reading about Africa's elite in Keeping Secrets. This will not be the last of her books I will read, I have them lined up now. But do tell, when is the second part coming out??? I see no date anywhere (not rushing you or anything, LOL).
Abimbola Odusote
This book was fast read and I could not put it down until I finished reading.

A very refreshing love and feel good story set in contemporary Lagos.
Felix got my attention and Ebony is the girl who knows what she wants and got it too. I love the way the story was told, as it happens and down memory lane.
Kiru sure knows how to spin a good tale, it was as if I actually lived the story with Ebony and Felix.

I Highly Recommend
Texas Diva
Jun 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Never keep secrets

Felix and Ebony are in a marriage of convenience...They are both keeping secrets from one another...making an already difficult situation worse. This story has all the elements-love, drama, alpha males, suspense and my standard HEA. Cannot wait to read about the brothers.
A recommend read.
Henza R.
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was intrigued from the moment I started reading this story. I loved the main characters, Felix and Ebony. There was so much about them that makes me wish I was them.
It is a well-written book. I can't stop myself from re-reading it and get caught up in it again and again.
It's a great read.
United Indie Book Blog
Felix was so sexy, attentive, dominating the list goes on and on I LOVED that this story started out the opposite and as the story went on it unfolded and gave you a better understanding as to how they're relationship became what it was! I'm so excited to read the next book!

Reviewed by Yalitza
Omolara
May 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I totally love this book! The story of Felix and Ebony is beautiful and reflects one thing-true love that weathers the storm. Highly engaging and totally amazing. I couldn't put it down till I finished. I strongly recommend it.
Cynthia
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good book. I read it in three days. The romance story is well written and the intimate portions are very hot. I can't wait to read the next story about Faith and Mark.
Neisha † The Submissive Poet †
I loved it. There were times when both characters were frustrating, but all in all an excellent read.
Chinwe Okpaleke ubaezuonu
Brilliant and enthralling. A page turner. I love Felix and Ebony. Both strong willed but together they make a team. A wonderful story and a great read.
Jacqueline
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jacqueline by: Free ebook
Great read. First book by Kiru Taye that I've read. She is now one of my favorite authors and I plan to read others of her books.
Paula Allen
Oct 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
KEEPING SECRETS, the first book in the Essien Trilogy, is an enthralling romance with a bit of suspense. As the book opens, Felix Essien is coming out of a coma and he has no memory of marrying Ebony, who has been by his side since his car accident. Not knowing this marriage is a business arrangement, Felix falls hard for Ebony and they break all the rules lined out in their contract. Ebony is in ecstasy but fears the consequences once his memory is fully restored.

An enjoyable read, KEEPING SECR
Timendu
An enjoyable read.

Review coming soon.

Review for the re-read: Still an easy, fun read. I'm a fan of almost all the romance tropes and this book comes with amnesia, an arranged marriage and a questionable pregnancy. And they were a Nigerian couple. Fun times!

However... Oga Felix was becoming a douche towards the end and I think Ebony deserved a little more groveling but then she had been lying to him and keeping secrets so, I guess... Nope, there's never a good reason to be a douche canoe.

Still
Hazel Robinson
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW

This is the first book I have read by this author. Before I finished book 1,I downloaded book 2. I loved Ebony and Felix story. There is nothing like a strong man who can admit when he is wrong. This started out as a marriage of convenience,or a business arrangement. But some how love snuck in. There is blackmail,threats,match making by Felix father and Ebony's mom. Oh! Yeah I cannot forget the good old-fashioned beat down Felix give the person that was threatening Ebony.
Valerie
This is my first read by this author. I came across the author because of a book challenge that required an African born author. I was very pleased. The author uses both suspense and erotica to tell the love story of Felix and Ebony. I was unable to tell any cultural differences, in fact I felt right at home. Looking forward to reading more by this author.
Karen
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect!!

Great book. First book i've read by this author, and I loved it. I has been quite a while since I read such a good book. finished this within 2 days. Definitely will be reading more from this author.
Kiru Taye
Yes, this is my book and the first in an exciting new series! :D

Visit my blog for how to WIN a FREE copy
Andrea Jackson
Felix Essien and Ebony. Love the arranged marriage trope and the unique way it was told. Editing problems is the only reason I didn't give it a 5.
Dannica Zulestin
Mixed feelings on this one. Classic tropey amnesia romance with a king of finance and a woman who married him out of convenience. He wakes up from a coma and doesn't know their marriage is for show, and she can't stand to tell him. And then things get complicated.

On the one hand, I really liked Ebony. Every time she got upset I felt really bad for her, and her desire to have a real relationship (and her confusion over whether her relationship with Felix even could be real) is completely sympathe
Kaydee
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book draaaags

Putting aside for a moment the main character's remarkable recovery from a six week coma, emerging perfectly coherent except for a bit of temporary amnesia, this book is painful to read. Yes, Ebony is tortured by the secrets she hides from Felix, which she KNOWS he will eventually discover or remember. And yes, he hates nothing more than secrets and lies, but the author beat this dead horse for about 175 pages too many. Oh. My. Goodness. Three-quarters, maybe four-fifths, of th
« previous 1 3 next »
Is Daddy Essien wrong? 3 9 Dec 28, 2016 11:29PM

• Tempting the Artist (Jenkins Family Series, #3)
  • A Little Bit Naughty (Moments in Maplesville, #2)
  • The Realest Ever
  • Can't Stand the Heat (Gibbons Gold Digger Novel, #1)
  • Love And Other Things
  • Seasoned with Grace
  • Baby Love
  • Double Dare (A Modern Fairy Tale, #1)
  • Hawthorne Family Series Volume II (Hawthorne Family, #3-4)
  • Scandalous Heroes Box Set: Sensual Romance
  • A Man Is Just A Man
  • Sultry Pleasure
  • Marine Ever After (Always a Marine, #14)
  • Happiness In Jersey
  • Sharing Space (The Complete Series)
  • First Comes Love (New Castle, #1)
As a lover of romance novels, Kiru wanted to read stories about Africans falling in love. When she couldn’t find those books, she decided to write the stories she wanted to read.

Kiru writes sensual stories featuring African characters whether on the continent or in the Diaspora. When she's not writing you can find her either immersed in a good book or catching up with friends and family. She curre

The Essien Series (7 books)
  • Making Scandal (The Essien Trilogy, #2)
  • Riding Rebel (The Essien Trilogy, #3)
  • Kola (The Essien Trilogy Book 4)
  • Freddie Entangled (The Essien Trilogy, #6)
  • A Very Essien Christmas (The Essiens #5)
  • Freddie Untangled (The Essiens #7)