Start by marking “Ghost (The Grimm Cases, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ghost (The Grimm Cases, #2)

Ghost

(The Grimm Cases #2)

My abilities are growing every day. But thanks to my new friends, I know that I'm not insane.

Even so, there's a darkness inside me. It's been getting stronger. A reality that I've been trying to avoid.

Being near the boys draw it out. Being close to them also make me unafraid for the first time in my life.

I've never felt like this before, but at the same time, my mind
Published January 24th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Ghost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghost

Start your review of Ghost (The Grimm Cases, #2)
Mummy's Naughty Corner
Siobhan
Dec 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ghost is the second book in the Grimm Cases by Lyla Oweds, and it needs to be read after Origins. Origins introduces us to a lot, and Ghost starts to provide us with the answers we seek. Without reading the first book, readers will be lost to all that is taking place.

As with Origins, Ghost was a story that hooked me with ease and had me devouring the story in no time. Once I started, I could not put this one down. It was another story I finished in a single sitting, another tale that had me eage
Bianca Souza
Feb 13, 2020 rated it liked it
The story is nice but it's so slow burn that I'm losing interest... ...more
Annette
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was already looking forward to this book the entire week. So yesterday, when I read the book of the day already, I secretly already started to make sure I could finish this one on my way to and from work. I have to say that my planning skills were absolutely excellent, because I finished 1 stop before mine. Perfect timing, if I may say so.

And that was partly because this book is just so amusing and great and so easy to read and fly through. I have to admit, I don't have a very clear idea of th
Missy Brown
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bianca has abilities that she was not aware she had. Finn had lied to her for years. But now with his brother Damen, Miles, Julian, and Titus, she is able to start embracing what her new life entails. The world she has had her eyes opened to, is one of confusion and danger. But now that she knows she is not crazy, and there is such a thing as magic, shifters, ghosts and all the things that go bump in the night. Bianca can start trying to figure out what is haunting the house, why had she been li ...more
Da'ad
So fun, precious and enjoyable. And so fascinating! Her processing of certain things and her reactions are borderline preposterous. And I loved it! So adorable, every page.

All the guys are so freaking sweet and sexy and unique, and I loved them all, too. I really hope the third audiobook doesn't take as long as this one.
Jennifer Paulet
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh!

I really love this book! I was sucked in from the first sentence. The storyline is awesome and the characters are so endearing and relatable! Can't wait for the next one!
Aneisa Fraga
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved! Bianca and her wild imagination and naïveté had me laughing and probably looking real crazy. Can’t wait to see what happens next with Bianca and her men!
Nessa
Feb 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
Definitely enjoying this series. Laugh out loud moments with Bianca and her guys and the slow burn...yasssss. I’m also loving the FMC’s naïveté. It definitely makes for some hilarious/awkward moments.
Charlotte
Feb 19, 2020 rated it liked it
I like storyline here. I find it mostly interesting. I gave this 3 stars because of the first 2 statements.
The worst part of this series is the main character. An 18 year old college student with internet access and practically lives with 4 hot guys is NOT going to be this naive! It's just ridiculous.
I'll read the next in the series to see what the story is with the house now that I know what Titus and Julian are.
This series would be so much better if the main character, Bianca, didn't come a
Heather Gilbert
Decent

The mystery of Bianca is starting to make sense, and we get an inkling if what Finn was up too... but not why. There are still huge questions, along with a ghost to deal with. A bit faster paced than Book 1, but like that installment, this one just ENDS! No conclusion, not even an episodic one.... just done. Book 3 anyone?
Ash
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hillarious

Mystery. Paranormal. Rh. Slowburn. Ghosts. The plot is amazing. The characters are amazing. This mystery is amazing. I need to know what the heck is going on. And Bianca. She has to be my favorite hands down. Super funny and cute.
Ana Cordoba
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Bianca 😆. I feel bad for enjoying the humor in Bianca's relationship with the boys. The reason being is that I have a feeling the reveal on why Bianca's personality was shaped to be like it is will not be pleasant. Now I did enjoy the story, because of it's hilarity. However, I was left with more questions than answers to what in the WORLD is going on. I won't be specific to avoid spoiling anything, but one of the boys finds out something that makes me think something bigger than Finn's pers ...more
Elizabeth Curtin
Alright, so have I decided to sometimes ignore the complete craziness Bianca cooks up inside her brain just to see what happens in the plot? Yeah, I guess I am. There aren’t too many of those moments in the book like the first book (or I’ve just learned to ignore them). And I was happy to see the author has decided to add in other POVs from the guys. Makes the book much more interesting and gives a more grounded feel than just following shy and uncertain Bianca around while she makes outlandish ...more
Kayla
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading this book Damen creeped up on me and took Titus' place as my favorite D:< The affectionate touches and pet names are killing me!

Ghost continues from where Origins left off and we learn more about Bianca and the guys. We got some answers in this book about how Bianca is tied to the boys and we might learn if Finn was actually trying to protect Bianca all along or was it just a lie? Things are starting to really pick up and now I'm hoping we can understand who Finn really is and if
Bethany
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
DNF

I love the idea of the book but I just got to frustrated.
This is a personal preference and some people probably aren’t bothered.

I’m not against books with secrets but this felt like every little thing had to be kept from Bianca. From the secrets about the supernatural stuff to simple things like the internet! It also annoyed me how utterly naive she is, I prefer my heroine to be more independent and strong.

The guys I really wanted to like and I do like them, they were all so easy to love bu
Michele Moore
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So strange

These books are convoluted and strange in the best way. I don’t even know how to explain it. The world building is in depth and drawn out, there is still so much about the characters, their lives, and culture that we don’t know... But instead of being off putting it has just drawn me in. Like a frog in a pot not noticing the temperature is rising.

The FMC is clueless and naive but hilarious. The way she goes off in her brain and decides things are facts makes me giggle. But if you had
Meg Elle
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great second book

This book gives us povs from all the characters which is so great to hear from the guys give this more answer look more into this world more character development I love The Chemistry Between the characters how to maintain I love the build-up it makes it meaningful but it still gives us a taste of what we want the guys admit to themselves they are all into her and they all care for her it seems like she will belong with them and there will be a reason for it they give her more a
Lauren
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my this second book in the series really ramped things up! I was unsure about whether to continue with the series after feeling like the first book fell slightly flat but I’m so glad I did!

Bianca is really starting to come into her own and I didn’t find myself cringing at her the way I did in the first book but found her funny and endearing - definitely one of the most brilliantly quirky FMCs I’ve come across.

We get to discover more about the men but Miles and Julian still remain a bit of a
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love the characters I think they are forming a really great bond and its fun to read. Bianca is definitely naive and it can be a bit cute and charming at times but then suddenly she goes on a wild tangent in her head just like making shit up out of nowhere which is just so strange. Like doesn't even try to get the correction from anyone, just assumes in her head and moves on like its true. I would like to be on the inside with the guys and knowing what is happening since I don't usually like t ...more
Cecilia
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
one of my favorite RH series. She's a new writer I believe and i think she is doing great!
This book i would give probably a 4.5

I love Bianca and her guys and how much they care for her.I do.
But, I feel like certain things in this story are moving far tooo slowly. Not only the relationship, which i am glad is slow. but the whole storyline in general. I think things need to pick up so we have her books be a true page turner.

there is also tooooo much character reflection going on. there needs to be
Birdie O
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Serious slow burn... romance and story

I've tried figuring out why I really like this book. I think it boils down to 0 backstory and the fact that the fmc's issues are obviously serious and the guys don't sweep it under the rug. You gir the ground running in this book and just keep pushing along, only finding out things as they are important to the story. Definitely a series for those with patience for the long haul and who aren't bothered by not knowing everything. I love to see this in a genre
Becca (The Troubles and Woes of a Bookworm)
I asked for RH recs with a submissive female and was rec'd this series and it is EXACTLY what I wanted (though some of the misunderstandings give me second-hand embarrassment anxiety) cannot wait for the next book and while I don't really want to read a book where Bianca isn't with her guys I guess I should pick up the prequel to get a better understanding of what might happen in the future.

Also if anyone has recs for RH (or even normal romance) where the female is a submissive like Bianca let
Nightmaresky
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I still like this series for it's slow burn aspect. I liked how things in their world were slowly reveled. I also like that the heroine doesn't just magically get over her mental issues, but works on them. What I didn't like was how some times this book jumped around and it was hard to keep track what was going on in the story. It's also hard to keep track of all the side characters because there are just so many and a few only get a brief explanation. At least the heroine's reaction have calmed ...more
Nerdy Housewifey
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
More please

So this book is just as funny as book 1. I love Bianca her mind is just hilarious. It reminds me of some crazy anime where the fmc has all these crazy rambling thoughts. I loved the switching POV in this book, it helped fill in a lot of information.

My one real issue is these are kind of short. And there’s so much talking and reading about Bianca’s rambling thoughts that time barely progresses. I think it’s been less than a week since book one. I’m really hoping the next book will hi
Paris
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it !

I love this series so much ! All the characters are so unique and quirky and their relationships really progressed in this book. I didn’t love that the main character was made out to be stupid like allot during the story, I know that she’s sheltered and shy and I like that but she’s studying science at university she isn’t stupid. But I am looking forward to the next book, this series is really unique.
If you like a RH, supernatural/paranormal romance you’ll like it.
SapphireBlue
Mar 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: reverse-harem
Okay...

So I read the book got distracted and forgot a lot about what happened in this book. Our main female protagonist is still ridiculously naive even though she has the Internet at her disposal now. The guys grew on me a bit more in this book and I thoroughly enjoy most of what their personalities bring to the table and I also enjoy reading about the two female characters and how everyone is bonding.

Don’t know if I’ll read the third book or not but it’s not a bad read and the time flew by.
Hannah Brooker
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
It's good but!

But the whole book feels like a riddle. I enjoyed it to a degree in the first one but I found it overwhelming in this one. I get that it's supposed to be a mystery but it goes way over that. Nothing major happens it really is a slow slow slow burn. I've read slow burn books before but there is usually a main element to each one, some big drama. I like the concept of the book, is it memorable hmm yeah I suppose. It has so much potential and I'm hoping it improves as each riddle/myst
Christina M Condy
Jan 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Bianca is one of the best characters I've ever read, she is so incredibly unique and herself.

At times she makes me laugh out loud, at times I feel incredibly sorry for her and I always find her endearing and cute and heartwarming.

I must say that this book series is going to be one of my long-time favorites. I put this one down and immediately grabbed book three. Mind you it was 1 in the morning and I should have been asleep, but I can sleep another time!

Great story and I can't wait to find out
KUAvidReader
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I gave up basketball to finish this book and now I’m so sad that it’s over! Bianca is continuing to grow as a character although she is still so naive. True character growth love that the author isn’t rushing her through normal emotions and changes....Definitely understand why the guys have become so protective of Bianca so quickly. They just can’t help loving her and wanting to protect her! Can’t wait for more!!!! ❤️
« previous 1 3 next »

• Shadows and Shade (Shadows and Shade, #1)
  • The Cardinal Bird (The Cardinal, #1)
  • Kitten and Allure (Shadows and Shade, #3)
  • Smile Like You Mean It
  • Cardinal Caged (The Cardinal, #2)
  • The Light We Seek (Together We Fall, #2)
  • Shadow and Darkness (Shadows and Shade, #2)
  • The Storm We Face (Together We Fall, #3)
  • The Darkness We Crave (Together We Fall, #1)
  • Save Spirit (The Bound Spirit, #3)
  • Book of the Dead: AESLI-00 (The JAK2 Cycle, #1)
  • The Monsters We Hunt (Together We Fall, #4)
  • Free Spirit (The Bound Spirit, #2)
  • Cardinal of Hope (The Cardinal, #3)
  • Handfuls of Shattered Pieces (Pieces of Us, #1)
  • Guns and Graveyards (Beyond the Shadows, #2)
  • Secrets In Her Eyes (Arlington Park, #1)
  • Book of the Damned: A-E5L1-01-00 (The JAK2 Cycle, #2)
Lyla Oweds is an Amazon Bestselling paranormal romance and urban fantasy author who resides in the beautiful Pocono Mountains, Pennsylvania. She grew up near Gettysburg, Pennsylvania and is a native of Baltimore, Maryland, and has a deep appreciation for the paranormal, hauntings, and Edgar Allan Poe. As such, she loves all things fantasy, mystery, crime, and horror.

When not reading, writing, or w

The Grimm Cases (5 books)
  • Origins (The Grimm Cases, #1)
  • Blood (The Grimm Cases, #3)
  • Hidden (The Grimm Cases, #4)
  • Balance (The Grimm Cases Book 5)