Start by marking “Her Guilty Secret (Guilty as Sin #1)” as Want to Read:
Her Guilty Secret (Guilty as Sin #1)

Her Guilty Secret

(Guilty as Sin #1)

She's the good girl... He's guilty as sin!

Hot-shot defence attorney and visiting professor Connor Hughes is so hot it's criminal! While idealistic law student Olivia Amorelli may not agree with his practices, she just can't stop fantasising about ripping Connor's clothes off. But she's always been the good girl, and an affair with her teacher is strictly forbidden - until
Published February 1st 2019 by Mills & Boon Dare (first published January 1st 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Her Guilty Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Guilty Secret

Start your review of Her Guilty Secret (Guilty as Sin #1)
Kristy K
3.5 Stars

Omg. This was 100% smut and I loved it. I needed to escape from the world for a bit and become immersed in a fictional one that allowed me to shut off my thoughts and emotions for a bit. And this did exactly that.

There was definite chemistry between the two characters, Olivia and Connor. Each page practically sizzled. But it wasn’t just physical. They mentally waged war as well and those may have been my favorite part.

Her Guilty Secret has more depth than I thought it would and I thou
Anja H.
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
*2.25 GUILTY STARS*

Unfortunately I didn't enjoy this as much as I expected.
The characters felt very one dimensional and the constant (unannounced) POV switching was very annoying because it disturbed the flow of events.
I found that the story lacked depth and I just couldn't connect to any of the characters nor the way they thought or acted. They are both very attracted to one another and have sex a couple of times, and suddenly they love eachother? Yeah no.

I usually love the student x teacher tr
Shirley Cuypers
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-beta, 2019, ebooks
Original review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Clare Connelly!

Her Guilty Secret is the first book in the Guilty As Sin series and tells the story of Olivia and Connor. Olivia is Connor’s student, but she cannot get him out of her head…

Her Guilty Secret is the second book I’ve read by Clare Connelly and it was such a good book. I remember loving Off Limits because I really liked the writing and I was hooked from the first page. Her Guilty Secret w
Ixthus
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wish the shifts in MCs pov had markers, i was often confused with the sudden change of settings and povs.
Characters and plot wise this book was 3.5 stars for me.
Amanda
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Her Guilty Secret by Clare Connelly sweeps you off your feet from page one! Articulate, sexy, fluent prose breathes life into Connor and Olivia. I was blown away by this story! The romantic buildup is hot, explosive goodness and there were many instances where I had to fan myself. If you haven’t picked up a Mills and Boon Dare yet then I definitely suggest you grab a copy of this beauty. You will not be disappointed. Trust. Me. It’s that fabulous.

Highly Recommended
5 Stars
Heather andrews
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't think Connor knows what to do with Olivia's brutal honesty, ‘do you make a habit of imagining your professors in the buff?’ Connor likes to be helpful with tasks, ‘well, you. But I’ll watch. And help you lick the bowl.’ His wink is slow and so full of heat.' I liked this book, I fell in love with Connor. ...more
Helen
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a powerfully emotional story, black and white, good and bad, opposites meet and forbidden love evolves in a classroom, one that had me turning the pages as Connor and Olivia have a secret affair that is so very, very erotic, hot and steamy but so moving and emotional, wow.

Olivia Amorelli is studying law at a top school in London she is determined to fight for the good justice to beat the criminals and do what has to be done to be the best prosecutor, but her professor Connor Hughes is ma
Gayle
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Deliciously naughty.
Cheeky and risqué.
Professor and student.
Connor and Olivia.
A romance so unbelievably forbidden.

Good lord what a read!

A super quick read for me, I devoured it within hours, sucked into a world where rules were broken in the sexiest of ways and I couldn’t get enough.
Such a playful and wicked read that I enjoyed immensely.
But what I grabbed me the most was Clare Connelly’s ability to create a WHOLE lot of anticipation in such a short read. The build-up had me holding my breath
Zubee
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Wow ... Clare Connelly really piled on the intensity and passion with this book ...
H is hotshot defense attorney who is 'finding' himself after defending a criminal. h is idealistic law student who adamantky maintains she is not interested in being recruited by his firm.
h is Italian; a fabulous cook, very intelligent and beautiful ... H is very sexy and intense ... their affair / chemistry is hot ...
She helps him realise his conscience and change the career path he is on ...
All in all, CC combi
Janet Rodman
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Olivia Amorelli is a law student with a bright future ahead of her. She will have her pick of jobs when she graduates. A visiting professor, defense barrister Connor Hughes, could derail all of that. Connor took the position in London because he had reservations about a person he just had acquitted so he decided to escape for a little while. Both Olivia and Connor play a dangerous game. If it is discovered that they are having an affair, Olivia will be expelled and her career over. Both are at o ...more
Batya Abruzi
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good!! Kept me intrigued and wanting more throughout the book!
Sarah {The Bookish Knitter}
3.5 Stars
Reading
Feb 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
First things first
This is a trope I normally loathe and avoid
Once again this author has surprised me in a delightful way
Avid Reader
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Her Guilty Secret (Guilty as Sin #1) by Clare Connelly
M/F Romance
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

This was a book of pure lust. Olivia is a student and Connor is her professor. While that might seem slightly taboo, everyone is of age.

Connor is wanting to get away from his career for a while. He is a high powered, highly sought after defense attorney who is known for getting his clients off on technicalities and for questioning the law to it's very edges.

Olivia
Kari Hansen
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Connor is a successful defense attorney who believes that everyone deserves a good defence but that doesn’t mean he likes his clients. After his last case he is taking a break to teach a law class for a semester.

Olivia wants the guilty are punished and that innocent are protected and her dream job is to work for the Prosecutors office to ensure that happens.

They may be on opposite sides of the law but from their first meeting the chemistry is electric. Even though it could damage both their care
Lesley
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
The Harlequin DARE line is definitely a sexier and edgier read and I loved the story of Connor and Olivia. Connor has made his mark in the legal world, but needs a breather after a particularly hard case so he agrees to teach law for a semester. Olivia is his student. School rules prohibit them from being together, but they take the chance anyway.

I enjoyed their struggle with being together, but yet having to keep it a secret. In different places in their lives, the challenges they faced were we
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!
I've received a ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Wasn't a big fan of the format of the story. Seems out of sort, disorganized and was a turn off. Besides that, the POV changed so often that it was kind of hard to decipher who was talking at the time and threw off the flow of the entire story. Definitely wasn't engaging enough and the characters... What a joke.

Overall, the summary was a lot more entertaining than the actual story itself. Not worth the time nor effort to finish
Samantha
Always the good girl Olivia follows the rules and does what she is suppose to. She’s close to graduation and becoming a lawyer, but there is one thing that just might get in her way. Her professor. Connor has made a life for him self being a defense lawyer but his last case has made it so he’s not sure about anything taking a job teaching should help right?

They can’t stop the attraction between the them but acting on it could get them both into serious trouble. Olivia May walk on the wild side
Bette Hansen
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Good girl law student Olivia Amorelli can't believe she's stuck in a class with visiting defense attorney Connor Hughes as the professor. Sure he's sinfully sexy and nice to look at but the way he manipulates the law rubs her the wrong way. Too bad her libido overrules her brain when he tempts her into a forbidden romance.

This one was just an ok read for me. There was something about the flow of the story that just didn't work for me. Also, I never really connected with these characters.
Claire
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this, what starts out as a full blown case of lust, turns into so much more. There's a few very hot scenes in the first half when Connor and Olivia are fighting the chemistry that pulls them together despite the illicit nature of the relationship they are about to undertake. That both would willingly give in to something that could destroy their careers says a lot about just how strong that chemistry was. I loved the interaction between these two and kept hoping that they could ...more
T Van
Dec 18, 2018 rated it liked it
The POVs switched without warning, and the layout in the review copy wasn't great. I had some issues with folks from across the pond sounding exactly like folks from the US, and the characters, while not flat, weren't super-compelling, or even believably connected, especially after the summer law "do." Just a "meh" read for me overall, though it wasn't irredeemable. ...more
Rhonda
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Her Guilty Son by Clare Connelly was just an ok read for me. This is the second book I've read by the author and I just think unfortunately her writing style just doesn't work for me.
I received an advance reader copy via Netgalley.
Jeanne
Mar 18, 2019 rated it liked it
There is balance for everything. Yet when final year law student Olivia can't stop fantasizing about her professor the balance shifts. Connor took the summer term professor job to clear his mind and get perspective. He never imagined a slip of a girl would tempt him to break all his rules. ...more
Rach
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome book by Clare Connelly! This one had a unique and powerful storyline that sizzled with both passion and banter! Ms Connelly certainly demonstrates who own intelligence with this read and I loved it, start to finish! Bravo!!
Meghan
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Super quick and easy read. The switch back and forth on POV was a little frustrating at first but you get used to it. It felt like the ending was a bit rushed but I thoroughly enjoyed it!
CerysAnne
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars
Patricia
Jul 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars
Miriam Wolfe
Jan 29, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy.

It really took me a while to get into this story, partly because I could not understand how Olivia could risk her whole career on a fling with her professor, and partly because the way the book was set up was hard to tell the POV, so it was confusing when it switched so abruptly.

It was not until probably 3/4 of the way into the book, that things got interesting and then I could not put the book down. At the point, I really got into the story and fel
Eva Scalzo
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i don't know what it is about the professor–student trope in romance novels that really works for me? because for sure there are power dynamic issues galore. the one time i was hit on by my college professor was not hot and creeped me out so badly i stopped going to class regularly. but there is something about the fantasy that i enjoy. and her guilty secret has so much forbidden lust that it basically sparks off the page.

when connor hughes first spars with olivia amorelli during a lecture he kn
Donna Dixon
Not as good as the others. Did not hold my interest. Also subject not appealing.

This is the first book by cc that I did not like and I have almost everything she has written.

• Make Me Yours (Make Me, #3)
  • King's Rule (Kings of Sydney, #2)
  • Untamed (Hotel Temptation, #3)
  • The Rebound: A Scorching Hot Romance
  • The Debt (The Billionaires Club #1)
  • Getting Naughty
  • First Class Sin
  • Sweet Thing: A Scorching Hot Romance
  • Hotter on Ice (Blackmore Inc. #4)
  • Hard Deal (Melbourne After Dark, #2)
  • The Aussie Next Door (Patterson's Bluff #1)
  • One Night Only
  • Forbidden to Want (Billionaire Bachelors)
  • King's Ransom (Kings of Sydney, #3)
  • A Week to Be Wild
  • Rescue Me: A Sexy Billionaire Romance
  • Matched: A Scorching Hot Romance
  • How to Lose a Fiancé
For all things Clare Connelly, please see www.clareconnelly.co.uk, the official home of Clare Connelly on the web.

Clare Connelly grew up in a small country town in Australia. Surrounded by rainforests, and rickety old timber houses, magic was thick in the air, and stories and storytelling were a huge part of her childhood.

From early on in life, Clare realised her favourite books were romance stor

Guilty as Sin (2 books)
  • His Innocent Seduction (Guilty as Sin)