Start by marking “Heart of Gold, Act I” as Want to Read:
Heart of Gold, Act I

Heart of Gold, Act I

In a small French town, an unusual kind of mass is held: the local priest, Dunant, describes it as “faith healing”, promising those who are suffering will be healed of their ailments with just a single touch of his hands.

Ionel, a pianist with albinism, seeks out Dunant‘s miraculous touch. He struggles with his failing eyesight, a condition that could potentially put an en
Hardcover, Kickstarter edition, 163 pages
Published December 2018 by Tannenbaum Press

To ask other readers questions about Heart of Gold, Act I, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart of Gold, Act I

Katja (Life and Other Disasters)
B E A U T I F U L !
Vehka
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, owned
This is a gorgeous, gentle and beautifully sad comic with dark undertones. There is a mystery bubbling underneath. The art is stunning, characters vivid dispate of the scarcity of dialogue and the plot intriguing. The physical copies aren't sold online at the moment, but you can read the published story so far as a web comic.
Akke
Mar 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, comics, e-book
this was cute, but also fuckin beautiful art daaaaaaaaammn
Anna Krupitza
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This graphic novel is so good, that I even re-activated my Goodreads-account for it. Let's not talk about the marvellous design and hardware Viv and Eli presented us with their great Kickstarter. You have to buy the book to truly understand what quality means.

The story is the one thing, that gets you. I'm a philosophy nerd and their approach to theology, damnation, love and hate and the ominous "faith healing" is such a unique point of view, you really want to know more about Ionel and Dunant r
Luce
I don’t know if that’s homosexual longing I’m picking up but it sure feels like it.

(Fuck this is beautiful and I need answers)
Verena Loisel
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I found Heart of Gold, it was hands down one of my favorite webcomics ever and one of the most unusual ones I have ever seen. I couldn't be happier there's a printed version now, and such a beautiful one at that!

The story is like a beautiful character study of two people with opposite views, set in a gorgeous church, mixed with dark and mysterious imagery, masterfully drawn with awesome colors and an amazing attention to detail. I couldn't recommend it more! The story takes time to unfold a
Perusing Panels
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The visual storytelling in this book is sooooo, Damn, GOOD!

Every scene is so expertly paced, written and drawn.

The attention to detail poured into this comic brings the characters and world to life in a way that left me spellbound from start to finish, The Sharp dialogue, the fantastic layouts / compositions and use of colour, and the way the artist highlights the subtlest of body language and expression of the characters, its just incredible.

Oh, and that ending... I will definitely be reading
Meredith Katz
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A dreamy, peaceful graphic novel with an unnerving mystery around death slowly beginning to spiral out. Gorgeous art and layout contributes to the dreamlike feeling. Can't wait for vol 2!
Soobie's scared
I backed this volume on Kickstarter.

Since I'm not a bit fan of web-comic, I didn't even know it existed before pledging. I did because I was fascinated by the drawings and the idea of an albino main protagonist.

Well, I have to say this hardcover edition is luscious. I like the feel of the paper on my fingertips and even its dimensions, which allow me to have big panels in front of me. I like a little less the golden edges but it's just me... Well, they look so nice but I have golden glitter all
Persephone Zahariou
If you want it as an artbook, its beautiful. Each page is a pleasure to look at.

If you want a story, there is none. Some slow and uninteresting dialogs. Personally I think its a 2 not a 3, but I'm leaving a 3 here cause it appeals to another audience I suppose.

After looking at artwork from the same artist no matter how pretty, it grows old.
Katy
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Stunningly beautiful art.
Penguin
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's beautiful and mysterious and I love it.
Mixeura
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gorgeous and full of suspens! I can't wait to get more pretty art! What's gonna happen next?!
Val.
Jul 29, 2019
Cynthia
Nov 24, 2018
Banu Ganeshan
May 25, 2018
Rayane Naegels
rated it did not like it
Jul 17, 2019